Thread: Rate Ferrari's 2017 season

Rate Ferrari's 2017 season

On a scale from 1-10

Drivers: Sebastian Vettel 8 / Kimi Räikkönen 5

Team: 9

Car: 9

Season's results overall: 8

Highlight of the season: 1-2 victory in Monaco GP

It was a very good and strong season despite not reaching the ultimate goal of winning championship titles. Many happy memories and beautiful wins. Hopefully even better next season. Forza Ferrari!

KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

Drivers:

VET ---> 8 (-2 for Baku and Singapore incidents)
    RAI ---> 6 (-4 for expectation to perform better/on par with teammate)

TEAM ---> 9

CAR ---> 9

OVERALL RESULT ---> 8.5

Highlight of the season: Monaco and Hungary GP

A very satisfying result for 2017 season. Unfortunate event of letting the championship slip away, but love the team daring to take more risks compared to previous seasons.

Drivers:

Sebastian Vettel: 8 (Good effort from our lead driver, everybody does mistakes but I still maintain Singapore wasn't his fault)
    Kimi Räikkönen 4 (Can't get my head around why we keep signing him)

Team: 8 (Great effort, reliability wasn't top notch though)

Car: 9 (It was a championship capable car, so well done SF)

Season's results overall: 8.5

Highlight of the season: The car & team itself, it was heartening to see us challenging for titles

Drivers:

Sebastian Vettel: 8.5 (Seb drove the heart out of that Ferrari in the first part of the season, just 1 or 2 mistakes the whole season is not that bad considering no one is perfect, he did beat Bottas in an inferior car so...)
    Kimi Räikkönen 7 (Bad start to the season, recovered as the season progressed, some good races in Monaco and Hungary. Overall dissapointing, but he finished 4th in the WDC, with the 2nd best car. Pretty average season at best, hoping for a better one next year as it is probably his last )

Team: 9 (the improvement was huge, great atmosphere between team and drivers, those problems with the DNS and DNFs where the only problem)

Car: 8.5 (Solid 8.5 for the car. We had the better car at 4-5 races this season, and closer overall to the Mercs compared to other years)

Season's results overall: 8.5 All in all not bad, 2nd and 4th in the WDC. 2nd in the WCC. Good results and a great platform to built upon for 2018. Hopefully it will be our year.

Highlight of the season: Actually having the fastest car in some races was new, so that is the highlight in my opinion.
    Last edited by IulianFerrari; 30th November 2017 at 06:23.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Drivers:

Sebastian Vettel: 8.5 (Seb drove the heart out of that Ferrari in the first part of the season, just 1 or 2 mistakes the whole season is not that bad considering no one is perfect, he did beat Bottas in an inferior car so...)
    Kimi Räikkönen 7 (Bad start to the season, recovered as the season progressed, some good races in Monaco and Hungary. Overall dissapointing, but he finished 4th in the WDC, with the 2nd best car. Pretty average season at best, hoping for a better one next year as it is probably his last )

Team: 9 (the improvement was huge, great atmosphere between team and drivers, those problems with the DNS and DNFs where the only problem)

Car: 8.5 (Solid 8.5 for the car. We had the better car at 4-5 races this season, and closer overall to the Mercs compared to other years)

Season's results overall: 8.5 All in all not bad, 2nd and 4th in the WDC. 2nd in the WCC. Good results and a great platform to built upon for 2018. Hopefully it will be our year.

Highlight of the season: Actually having the fastest car in some races was new, so that is the highlight in my opinion.
    Unfortunatly the end of the season revealed that all the competitiveness of the SF70H was not more than the error that was the 2017 project of Mercedes. But they has a so big advantage that didn´t loose any WC and at Abu Dhabi restored the gap they have since 2015.

Vet : 8 ( did gave everything in quali at every race. Got chickened, ding-dong etc in few race weekends,
    Apart from Baku & Singapore. He had very good season, but still not the best from 4 time world champion)
    Kimi : 4 ( I think it's better to talk less about him, looses position at start, not aggressive anymore, first half of season he was moaning slot. 2nd part of season he got into groove little bit but again in Abu Dhabi he showed wt he is)

Car : 9 (is capable of competing with mercs, also it's a championship winning car)

Team : 9 ( apart from reliability issues, rest the hard work done throughout the season stands out to me. Developments were frequent trying to be innovative)

Overall : 8. Kimi is weak link in the team. But I understand team is preferring nice harmony between drivers.

Vet : 7 (Probably deserves an 8 despite mistakes but Baku was unacceptable).

Kimi : 4 (Useless, Ferrari will never win the WCC with him, all for the sake of keeping Vettel happy)

Car : 9 (Great car, capable to fight for the title until the last race)

Team : 8 (Reliability issues and mistakes but good job improving from last year)

Overall : 7 (Sounds harsh but is the average of the four scores above).

Is really a tragedy, they didn't have the car when they had the driver, now they have the car and they don't have the driver. I guess they need to build the fastest car period to win a title again.

Seb - 8 ( Pulled the best out of the car except Baku and Singapore)
    Kimi - 5 ( Had some good performances but way inconsistent)
    Team - 9 ( I say 9 because the team managed make a massive step considering where we were last season)
    Car - 9 (You need a 10 to win a championship though)
    Last edited by Stormy; 30th November 2017 at 16:54.

The season started well but went downhill though inconsistency from both car and drivers (Baku/Singapore), reliability in the second half and the oil-burning fiasco where Merc stole a march on Ferrari by bringing their upgraded and final engine update to Monza. Thereafter we were still in the hunt but the Singapore chaos and reliability issues put paid to our chances, at the very end it was obvious that our engine could not match the Merc, I am glad the championship didn't go down to the wire as we'd have been even more distraught to lose it there.

VET 7 (a bit hot-headed at times but tried his very best)
    RAI 5 (Just not aggressive or consistent enough to back Seb up)
    CAR 7 (good in race trim, not so much in quali and down on overall power)
    TEAM 7 (Maurizio seems to gel the team and is passionate, last winter's development was great but in the end it didn't/couldn't match Merc over a season, pit crews worked well to try to save the day.)

After all these years supporting Ferrari, I've got used to being so near yet so far away from winning a championship but it still hurts!

Team 6 need to improve the quality controls and communication at various levels seb 8 kimi 6 two drivers with a totally different approach and mind set driver combiation i score a 6.5.the car itself an 8 great effort big improvement but work to be done the car must come out on race day blazing the very second its taken on track overall a positive year with a solid foundation to build on.

Interesting to see that most people believe we had the car to win this year, I believe we didnt. With the reliability and and overall down on horsepower, I believe that no driver on the current grid would have won with it.

Kimi - 9+ Lewis and Bottas had the best cars. Seb #1@Ferrari, let him pass. So 4th place after the 3 mentioned makes Kimi the next best finishing driver 2017. Driver wise, in Lewis or Bottas' car he would have been WDC.
    Seb - 7 He for sure should have come in ahead of Bottas.
    Car- 7 Better than 2016, should have got Seb on pole more.
    Team- 7 Loose bolts, spark plug trouble ? This is F1! Finally we stopped with the gearbox horrors, only to have new problems.
    2018 belongs to Ferrari!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Interesting to see that most people believe we had the car to win this year, I believe we didnt. With the reliability and and overall down on horsepower, I believe that no driver on the current grid would have won with it.
    I think Seb could have won it, but he lost a bunch of points in Baku (driver error), Silverstone (thanks Pirelli), and Singapore (stupid accident).

Drivers :

Seb: 8

Raikkonen : 3 (utterly useless)

Team:

Car (chassis) : 9.5
    Power unit : 7
    Pitwall : 8

Overall: 8

Season highlight: Monaco

[QUOTE=tifosi1993;962300]Drivers :

Raikkonen : 3 (utterly useless]

Any driver from 5th down behind Kimi are utter disgraces to F1, useless is a compliment to them. Lewis with his WDC and 72 poles has to know anyone even in 2nd or 3rd needs to get a new job. Driving F1 ain't their thing.

I'll have a go.

Drivers: Sebastian Vettel 8.5 / Kimi Räikkönen 7. By scoring 2nd in the WDC you can at best score a 9 so that 0.5 deduction for Seb is for Singapore. Kimi would have to beat Bottas to score the same as Seb. He would have to score more than 100 points more, and then some, in order for the team to be able to fight for the WCC. That was always going to be impossible. But he did finish 4th so I guess it's a solid 7.

Team: 9. The team on race weekends did the maximum at their disposal. 9 is a maximum for a solid 2nd in the WCC.

Car: 8.5. A huge step forward compared to last season and also the season before that (3 wins in 2015). 0.5 deduction each for engine/PU, chassis and pace on harder compounds.

Season's results overall: 8.25. That's the average from the points above.

Highlight of the season: 1-2 victory in Hungary. A real track unlike Monaco and Lewis didn't have a problem in qualifying.

All in all. This is a classical season where The Scuderia was competitive, and second best, but one other team is still in their renaissance. There have been many occasions like this throughout history. Mid 80's, mid 90's, you name it.

Drivers :
    Vet : 8.5 - He could avoid certain mistakes that could bring him at least closer to the fight for 1st.
    Kimi : 6 - He needed to fight more or give better input for the team to make the car better for him

Car : 9 - Car was the best we had for the last years and a renovation.
    Team : 8 - The team needs to be able to keep up with pushing thru evolving and thinking out of the box throughout the year, not just in order to deliver a car and for the few first months. Also, better strategy for both drivers.
    Overall : 9 - After all we did end up second.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Drivers:

Sebastian Vettel - 9 - Outperformed the car on many occasions like Singapore, Austria and Mexico. Did some amazing laps in both qualifying and race.
    Kimi Raikkonen - 5 - Should retire at the end of 2018.

Car:

SF70H lacked in every field, engine was terrible compared to Merc, look at the gap on engine tracks like Baku, Silverstone and Monza. Ferrari was nowhere to be found. Reliability was bad as well. I will give it a 6.5

Team:

Other than the strategic blunder in Spain, the team did well so a 9 for them.

Drivers: Sebastian Vettel 9.5 he put ferrari in positions the car wasnt good enough to be in, amazing qualifying, outstanding being able to out perform mercs and RB on tracks they had advantage on. Sad about Singapore

Kimi Räikkönen 5 - ugh the guy put up no fight with mercs or rb. was happy to stay positioned entire races. im glad he works well with Seb so... hopefully Leclerc replaces him soon

Team: 9 - very good, lots of harmony and hardwork every session

Car: 7 - only just slightly better than RB by the end of the season but cant compete with Mercedes and Mercede's all around package, the engine on ferrari was too heavy on fuel and very slow when compared to mercs. being good at 2-3 tracks is Not good enough to win the championship

Season's results overall: 8 - waaaaaaay better than they have been last few years

Highlight of the season: Vettel winning in Australia, signaling a new fighting force in ferrari
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Kimi comming in 4th did beat RB, Seb comming in 2nd did lose to Merc. Kimi as you say beat everyone 5th pl. down this season without even putting up a fight. Just a Sunday drive for him . Meanwhile F1 greats at a glance Senna, Leclerc, Lewis, Schumy, Alonso, Prost, ! Leclerc being the only great never losing a race!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Kimi comming in 4th did beat RB, Seb comming in 2nd did lose to Merc. Kimi as you say beat everyone 5th pl. down this season without even putting up a fight. Just a Sunday drive for him . Meanwhile F1 greats at a glance Senna, Leclerc, Lewis, Schumy, Alonso, Prost, ! Leclerc being the only great never losing a race!
    Kimi should've been right behind Bottas AT LEAST and not 100 pts behind!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Kimi should've been right behind Bottas AT LEAST and not 100 pts behind!
    I think he was right behind Bottas in 4th pl. If Kimi had Bottas car he would have beat Lewis for WDC IMO.

I think he was right behind Bottas in 4th pl. If Kimi had Bottas car he would have beat Lewis for WDC IMO.
    Really? 100 pts is right behind?

FerrariSteve Guest
    Team: 7/10 solid but issues and too many failures

Seb: 8/10 good but could have been better and sadly made too many mistakes, should take a leaf out of Schumi's book and only 'allow' himself one mistake a season)

Kimi: 5/10 average at best, very poor at worst. Why he keeps such a plum seat? god knows. maybe he has pictures of the Ferrari boss's wife in a compromising position or something lol.

...........u're NOT serious, ARE you????
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

the fact that Bottas failed to finish 2nd shows that the Merc was not that dominant really.
    the F2004, now that was dominant

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

I just want to say that Brembo in no way represents the thinking of New Yorkers.

Disappointed Since 2010

Brembo.......what are you doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I just want to say that Brembo in no way represents the thinking of New Yorkers.
    LOL

I went through this with my favorite driver Rubens at the time when he was a Ferrari driver. Kimi also drives for Ferrari! It might be a little worse here now than with Rubens, seeing how most fans here have Leclerc the best , better than Kimi already. Rubens: Twobens, the moaner , the pensioner, on and on. The " pensioner" was dropped when Shumy joined up with Merc to beat Senna's pole record. Seb had the best car 2017 or Bottas would have finishes 2nd?? So Lewis beat the Ferraris on great driving. It wasn't the car.