Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Vettel or Leclerc

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    you mean in 2007 in Montreal??? that was kimi he rammed in the pitlane
    No, when he swiped him at the hairpin in Monaco a few years back, but ramming Raikkonen in 2007 is another good example.

Here's a nice montage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_Nk69IcyJ8
    Last edited by Giallo 550; 26th April 2019 at 11:58.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by lzammit View Post
    I don't think that Leclerc will be a future champion at Ferrari. I think Vettel will be replaced with Mick Schumacher and than he will be number 1 again. That's how things works with the scuderia.
    Mick needs to be an outstanding driver to beat Charles...…………...agreed he's got the pedigree but Ralf never reached Michael's standard.
    Michael was a one off....his son is still an unknown quantity.
    Charles is our new star maybe just maybe Mick will be too.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    and Rosberg too, but I don`t mean that Lewis is a bad driver, maybe we see him in Ferrari soon, who knows
    Nah Nah we have plenty of our own now all graduates from Ferrari young drivers academy.

Why would we want rapper boy who will probably go and find a second career in music, acting, fashion whatever floats his boat :

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Ah why are we even arguing? Maldonado is the best driver that ever raced in f1, end of the story.
    Formula 1 without Maldonado is a farce, he must be brought back. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Nah Nah we have plenty of our own now all graduates from Ferrari young drivers academy.

Why would we want rapper boy who will probably go and find a second career in music, acting, fashion whatever floats his boat :
    Well rapper boy or not Hamilton is one the best, I don't think Ferrari would care too much as long as he does his job on track. And a Red Bull driver academy product currently drives for Ferrari, I don't see the problem with Hamilton.

The outcry over Hamilton's life style/attire vs the adoration for Kimi's behavior/life-style truly highlights the perception problem and it's a real concern. One such example is last years FIA prize giving gala, had Hamilton been intoxicated and acted the way Kimi did, there would've been an aggressive campaign attempting to force Mercedes to part ways with him.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Oh yeah the same way plz explain from where max is ahead of vettel ???

Max made mistakes too which did cost him win ex: China GP if u want me to remind I’ll give couple of other races too ...!! Now tell me how max is ahead of vettel
    Well, so far he is P3 in the championship while RBR is definitely not the better car. Last year Max beat Vettel in a lot of races and scored just 10 points less since Monaco. And RBR was definitely the slower car.
    Max has made a couple of mistakes last year that cost him a lot, but he was in the 3rd best car while Vettel was in arguably the best car. And Max is just 21, Vettel 30 and a champion. You wouldn't expect so many mistakes from a 4 time champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Formula 1 fan View Post
    Well, so far he is P3 in the championship while RBR is definitely not the better car. Last year Max beat Vettel in a lot of races and scored just 10 points less since Monaco. And RBR was definitely the slower car.
    Max has made a couple of mistakes last year that cost him a lot, but he was in the 3rd best car while Vettel was in arguably the best car. And Max is just 21, Vettel 30 and a champion. You wouldn't expect so many mistakes from a 4 time champion.
    Folky, you are stuck in a loop. As per you, Seb had the best car since 2014 and Ham and Max had the most terrible car, you have repeated infinite times already; do you have anything new to say?

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    The outcry over Hamilton's life style/attire vs the adoration for Kimi's behavior/life-style truly highlights the perception problem and it's a real concern. One such example is last years FIA prize giving gala, had Hamilton been intoxicated and acted the way Kimi did, there would've been an aggressive campaign attempting to force Mercedes to part ways with him.
    Not buying it. Hamilton's far from a saint and no one cares, rightfully. He smacked his Pagani up in Monaco after partying too much and was fined for doing burnouts in Australia. Where was the campaign?

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Folky, you are stuck in a loop. As per you, Seb had the best car since 2014 and Ham and Max had the most terrible car, you have repeated infinite times already; do you have anything new to say?
    I forgot, you can't give any real arguments or reasons why Vettel is the best. You only come back with nonesense, as per usual. WHere have I said Vettel had the best car since 2014? Are you saying RBR was the better car in 2017 and 2018?
    I have plenty of new things to say and all of them are true, but you are the only one who is in the loop. I dare you, try to refute my claim.

Sapura, you haven't changed. You can't admit Vettel's flaws and you think he is the best in the world and is unbeatable. But you still haven't responded to the mistakes he made that cost him the title....
    He has had the best car in 2017 and 2018, experts have already said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Not buying it.Hamilton's far from a saint and no one cares, rightfully. He smacked his Pagani up in Monaco after partying too much and was fined for doing burnouts in Australia. Where was the campaign?
    Of course, but that's not the point is it? What I'm trying to say is that, people judge Hamilton too much and get easily offended by his behavior. There are too many self righteous ****** in the world as it is. People who get so easily offended by his attire/life style really need to harden the **** up.

Of course, but that's not the point is it? What I'm trying to say is that, people judge Hamilton too much and get easily offended by his behavior. There are too many self righteous ****** in the world as it is. People who get so easily offended by his attire/life style really need to harden the **** up.
    Maybe some of us are old fashioned but we do expect our sports people to set a certain standard of behaviour. After all they are often considered role models by the young who follow their every move. You need look no further than Lewis' twitter & Instagram accounts! There was the occasion when he had to wipe his twitter account and take down posts in Instagram.

I would say Seb is a much more acceptable role model. He is a 4 times world champion and luck has not always been with him. After all when the same person wins all the time the sport becomes boring. Admittedly we would like to see a Seb win.

Forza Jules

Because I am a Max and Hamilton fan actually. . Max is probably the only driver that can beat Hamilton in equallish cars. But Mercedes behind Both Ferrari's and RBR would be a could weekend. Excitement is more important to me.
    I rate Max highly, but i dont think he is a match for Hamilton even in equal cars. At least not yet. He still needs to refine his craft a bit.
    Charles on the other hand i reckon can take on Hamilton in equal cars right now. Which is why he is the future for Ferrari. He has the speed and most importantly the temperament to be a champion.
    Silently, like a shadow

That was exactly the point you made. You implied that there is a double standard for conduct. Neither Raikkonen nor Hamilton are bastions of proper conduct. Hamilton draws negative attention to himself with his garish clothing and statements, whereas Raikkonen dresses normally, mumbles, and just grins like an imbecile from too much booze.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    I rate Max highly, but i dont think he is a match for Hamilton even in equal cars. At least not yet. He still needs to refine his craft a bit.
    Charles on the other hand i reckon can take on Hamilton in equal cars right now. Which is why he is the future for Ferrari. He has the speed and most importantly the temperament to be a champion.
    Charles is driving in F-1 for far less time than Max. Max has wins and podiums and had points way up and close to where the top drivers were and this season so far. Charles still needs to refine his craft a bit if anyone . He's a rookie far more so than Seb or Max. I also believe with or without the speed or temperament, Charles will be pushed aside in a heartbeat by Ferrari and Ferrari fans; as soon as they see fit to put Mick in the #1 spot. I hope I'm dead wrong! Anyway; Max in Bottas' or Seb's car would move Lewis out of that lock he has on WDC right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    Well the same goes for Leclerc for me. I rate him highly, but he has not shown he is on Lewis or Max level.
    I do agree that Max might not be on Hamilton's level yet.But if Max isn't, Leclerc definitely isn't. He is probably at Vettel's level. Vettel is very good and very fast, but he is not as adapteble as Hamilton and Max. And Vettel has had the better of Leclerc 2 races now.

Well the same goes for Leclerc for me. I rate him highly, but he has not shown he is on Lewis or Max level.
    I do agree that Max might not be on Hamilton's level yet.But if Max isn't, Leclerc definitely isn't. He is probably at Vettel's level. Vettel is very good and very fast, but he is not as adapteble as Hamilton and Max. And Vettel has had the better of Leclerc 2 races now.
    pardon me!!! how?? by asking the team he was faster then Charles, when he actually wasn't, and then the team messed up Charles race strategy in order to try and slow down bottas, to make Seb look good....PLEASE....

they should have never swapped places as it was obvious Vetal was not faster then Charles....

Ferrari will soon realize (and i hope that is soon) that they should have stuck their guns with Charles as #1 as Vettel is slowly fading away.....away towards rerirement
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I like vettel and leclerc, I would be happy if either won. As for max and Lewis I think max is fast but too aggressive , Lewis I think is very good but I do not like him and am bored with him winning all the time.

Vettel has had the better of Leclerc 2 races now.
    Yeah, because they told Leclerc to back off him in Australia and to let him by in China. Vettel has his hands full.

Disappointed Since 2010

Formula 1 without Maldonado is a farce, he must be brought back. Period.
    you two should get a room
    Silently, like a shadow

Maldanado was an agent placed by FIA to make the races more unpredictable and increase interest. the torpedo can carry on that legacy now

Yeah, because they told Leclerc to back off him in Australia and to let him by in China. Vettel has his hands full.
    Again living in a dream world, that was never the reality. The reality was that Seb was very fast in the first stint in Australia, managed to build a 10 second gap, then had much older tyres than Leclerc at the end of the race with a bad strategy call. He was the better man than weekend in qualy and in race, as was charles in Bahrain. In China Seb was better and faster in qualy and in a race, the numbers speak for themself with about 0,1-0,2s of an advantage. It could swing back of course, but thats the true story, not the story you just said. No even close to the truth. Charles is very fast as a driver at the end of the day, he is showing already a lot of maturity.

I would love the most in the world that Seb strikes back and wins the championship this year. And to show this haters, that put him already into retirement some manners. You might win 1 WDC by luck, but not 4, not even close. Seb is one of the drivers I will never forgot, beside Lewis, Alonso, Kimi, Button. The true fairplay, skill drivers generation, it will never be the same anymore as the last true three old school drivers will leave f1.

Oh the memories I have from Brasil 2008, Seb with his rain skills and Alonso were attacking Massa with a dominant Ferrari for the lead. And Seb alone nearly cost the WDC to Hamilton in process. I watched that race yesterday, nearly lost it again, when I saw Seb at second place just 0,6s from the leader, and was much faster in a much slower Torro Rosso than Lewis at that race. Dumb strategy prevented him from taking second place, or even a win that race. He had shown that he can deliver even in a inferior car, but he absolutely liked the V8 engine cars much more as the the poor V6 cars. Alonso, Seb were the masters of this era.

No matter what he will do from now on, I will always support him, go Seb!.
    Last edited by Vettel165; 27th April 2019 at 08:45.

Forgot to open this yesterday. It brought back some very poignant memories of the many battles between Felipe and Lewis.
    It is a well constructed montage depicting a difficult time to be a Massa and Ferrari fan
    I think Lewis has changed somewhat since then maybe when Max was compared to him he was not amused and took a good long hard look at himself.

In a bizarre way I enjoyed it. Thanks for posting Giallo

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Forgot to open this yesterday. It brought back some very poignant memories of the many battles between Felipe and Lewis.
    It is a well constructed montage depicting a difficult time to be a Massa and Ferrari fan
    I think Lewis has changed somewhat since then maybe when Max was compared to him he was not amused and took a good long hard look at himself.

In a bizarre way I enjoyed it. Thanks for posting Giallo
    Yes, great memories of Felipe's battles with Lewis, sadly not usually in Felipe's favour, but thanks for the post Giallo, and those cars sounded so good too!

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Again living in a dream world, that was never the reality. The reality was that Seb was very fast in the first stint in Australia, managed to build a 10 second gap, then had much older tyres than Leclerc at the end of the race with a bad strategy call. He was the better man than weekend in qualy and in race, as was charles in Bahrain. In China Seb was better and faster in qualy and in a race, the numbers speak for themself with about 0,1-0,2s of an advantage. It could swing back of course, but thats the true story, not the story you just said. No even close to the truth. Charles is very fast as a driver at the end of the day, he is showing already a lot of maturity.
    It doesn't change the fact that he still had the pace to get past him and was restricted, regardless of the differing strategies. If Vettel was truly that much faster than Leclerc in China, he should have passed him like Leclerc did in Bahrain.

Disappointed Since 2010

It doesn't change the fact that he still had the pace to get past him and was restricted, regardless of the differing strategies. If Vettel was truly that much faster than Leclerc in China, he should have passed him like Leclerc did in Bahrain.
    Faster is faster, doesn't matter by a tenth or a full second.

Faster is only faster if there are results. Leclerc was faster all day, but Vettel converted it to P3.

Disappointed Since 2010

But if Vettel was only faster by a tenth, they shouldn't have switched positions and screw Leclercs race. Fact is that Leclerc is already on Vettel's pace and can be faster over time.
    Like I said, Vettel is a very good driver but needs a car that is doing what he wants. He is not as adaptable as Max, Hamilton, Alonso, Senna or Schumacher.

LEC is, it appears, clearly NOT the son of God!
    Trying to be less angry..

But if Vettel was only faster by a tenth, they shouldn't have switched positions and screw Leclercs race. Fact is that Leclerc is already on Vettel's pace and can be faster over time.
    Like I said, Vettel is a very good driver but needs a car that is doing what he wants. He is not as adaptable as Max, Hamilton, Alonso, Senna or Schumacher.
    Vettel 3 - 1 Leclerc.

Ferrari got the best 2 drivers on the grid, you should worry about Hamilton who is getting beaten by Bottas.

Vettel 3 - 1 Leclerc.

Ferrari got the best 2 drivers on the grid, you should worry about Hamilton who is getting beaten by Bottas.
    The best 2 drivers on the grid? If Vettel is better then Max or Hamilton, why did he loose the title last year and made so many mistakes? If Vettel is better then Max, why has Max scored more points since summer break last year?

So far Hamilton has 2 wins, Bottas just 1. Should you not worry about Leclerc beating Vettel?