Page 19 of 64 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323344 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 F1 news/rumours

On Wednesday, Alonso will be confirmed as Renault driver for 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Good to see him back. But on other side, don’t know what he will achieve by coming back. If it’s competitive car then fine, but it’s not currently.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Nothing confirmed yet on Alonso but yes, this Wednesday is the announcement.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Well, looks like Alonso is coming back....to Renault.

Webber: "Seb has looked tired and aged lately. The drivers are always the centre of attention, but Ferrari should also take a closer look at themselves. They have actually let down all the drivers after Michael Schumacher except Kimi."

Webber: "They missed the opportunity to produce cars suitable for the championship, but despite that it's the drivers that are getting the blame."

Webber: "I hope he continues to drive. Maybe in a new environment, preferably with a top team [...] he still has a chance to achieve something in '22. Who knows, maybe '21 at Red Bull?"

https://www.autobild.de/artikel/form...-17039493.html

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Webber: "Seb has looked tired and aged lately. The drivers are always the centre of attention, but Ferrari should also take a closer look at themselves. They have actually let down all the drivers after Michael Schumacher except Kimi."

Webber: "They missed the opportunity to produce cars suitable for the championship, but despite that it's the drivers that are getting the blame."

Webber: "I hope he continues to drive. Maybe in a new environment, preferably with a top team [...] he still has a chance to achieve something in '22. Who knows, maybe '21 at Red Bull?"

https://www.autobild.de/artikel/form...-17039493.html
    Did Webber somehow forget about 2018?

That car was good enough to win the championship.

The 2017 car was decent too.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post

Both were good cars. One is with reliability issues & other is strong in 1st half of the season. Title would have gone close if not mistakes from vettel & team. But wouldn’t have won the title.

To win a title you need a strong car/strong driver/luck/team mate contribution.
    Mercs has complete package of all.
    If during the weekend Hamilton struggles, it was Bottas or max who did capitalise on the win not ferrari or vettel or kimi. Such was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Good to see him back. But on other side, don’t know what he will achieve by coming back. If it’s competitive car then fine, but it’s not currently.
    Yes would be wonderful to have him back. He is exciting to watch and always gives his full commitment.
    That said, i dont think the rumour is true. The renault are hardly competitive and nothing will change for 2021. Why would Alonso come back into a mid-field car? Unless of course, he is genuinely missing racing in F1.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    Yes would be wonderful to have him back. He is exciting to watch and always gives his full commitment.
    That said, i dont think the rumour is true. The renault are hardly competitive and nothing will change for 2021. Why would Alonso come back into a mid-field car? Unless of course, he is genuinely missing racing in F1.
    Yup even my question was on that note as well...!! Why would he come back. If he wants to wins title. There’s no other team apart Mercs.
    One side I want him back, but on other side I feel sad that he’s not achieving his dreams. So it gives pain sometimes.
    I really wanted him to achieve the title at ferrari. I think with 2018 Ferrari car Alonso would have made it.

Webber has a short memory. Massa could have won in 2008 with fewer errors (Malaysia for example). Alonso would probably have won 2012 if it weren't for Crashjean.

Yup even my question was on that note as well...!! Why would he come back. If he wants to wins title. There’s no other team apart Mercs.
    One side I want him back, but on other side I feel sad that he’s not achieving his dreams. So it gives pain sometimes.
    I really wanted him to achieve the title at ferrari. I think with 2018 Ferrari car Alonso would have made it.
    Yea. I really wanted him to win with Ferrari. His legacy is going to be bad timing and bad decisions. Which is unfortunate cause in equal machinery, i cant see anyone in the current pack being able to beat him. Maybe LH will be an equal, but no one else. sigh!!
    And the rumour is gaining momentum. Looks like he might be back. And i share the exact sentiment "I want him back, but on other side I feel sad that he’s not achieving his dreams. So it gives pain sometimes."...
    Silently, like a shadow

Mixed feelings to see him back. Happy to have a legend on the grid again but not sure what will he be able to achieve with Renault. Good luck Champ!

Hes back!!!!
    Very excited to see Nando back. Not sure how much he is going to enjoy the Renault, but their focus seems to be 2022. So maybe they have something lined up. Fingers crossed!
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Mixed feelings to see him back. Happy to have a legend on the grid again but not sure what will he be able to achieve with Renault. Good luck Champ!
    Midfield for 2 years...too bad Ferrari was not just a lil better in 2010 and 2012, otherwise he’ll be a 4 x WDC by now....he sure as heck drove the wheels off those 2 cars....and an absolute top notch driver in 2012....too bad Ferrari let him down

Both were good cars. One is with reliability issues & other is strong in 1st half of the season. Title would have gone close if not mistakes from vettel & team. But wouldn’t have won the title.

To win a title you need a strong car/strong driver/luck/team mate contribution.
    Mercs has complete package of all.
    If during the weekend Hamilton struggles, it was Bottas or max who did capitalise on the win not ferrari or vettel or kimi. Such was the case.
    In terms of the cars themselves, Ferrari have designed several which were good enough to win a championship.

I'm not referring to team or driver errors.

Ferrari have mostly been in the top 3, and have never had a long term collapse like Mclaren or Williams which were once dominant teams. Despite everything, Ferrari is almost always still near the front if not competing for race wins or the championship. No other team can say that.

In terms of the cars themselves, Ferrari have designed several which were good enough to win a championship.

I'm not referring to team or driver errors.

Ferrari have mostly been in the top 3, and have never had a long term collapse like Mclaren or Williams which were once dominant teams. Despite everything, Ferrari is almost always still near the front if not competing for race wins or the championship. No other team can say that.
    Yup... ferrari doesn’t have a slump like Mclaren or Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Midfield for 2 years...too bad Ferrari was not just a lil better in 2010 and 2012, otherwise he’ll be a 4 x WDC by now....he sure as heck drove the wheels off those 2 cars....and an absolute top notch driver in 2012....too bad Ferrari let him down
    not in a single season. His racing career, he did give absolute best. That’s the reason most of the paddock members rate him so high even off racing. pitty that he did choose wrong teams at wrong time.
    I surely believe he’s the driver who can keep Hamilton interested very much.

Has he expressed why he is doing it? Surely he can't expect a championship? Maybe he is doing it for fun, like Kimi?

Welcome back Alonso.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Welcome back Alonso.

According to reports on Thursday there is an anouncement on sebs future.A redbull swap is rumored to be happening in days.Albon to Ferrari? Lets see what happens.One thing is for sure the divorce is getting nasty and if seb can leave now he Will.Its probably for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Has he expressed why he is doing it? Surely he can't expect a championship? Maybe he is doing it for fun, like Kimi?
    midlife crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    According to reports on Thursday there is an anouncement on sebs future.A redbull swap is rumored to be happening in days.Albon to Ferrari? Lets see what happens.One thing is for sure the divorce is getting nasty and if seb can leave now he Will.Its probably for the better.
    Talk is Mateschitz wants him back

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Talk is Mateschitz wants him back

Depends on Albon's performance against Max. If Albon underperforms, RedBull will move Albon back to Alpha Tauri and kick Kvyat out.

Kimi to ferrari, albon to Alfa, seb to RB is on the cards.

#AMuS "Honda is using new turbochargers this year. They gave up their advantage in higher altitude, but they hope that they will perform better in the majority of the other circuit with the new turbocharger."

#F1: Red Bulls Helmut Marko: "Mercedes undoubtedly made a great step with the engine. They have a lot of power with their qualification mode. Honda is still too conservative with the engine settings

F1: According to Red Bull, the #Mercedes DAS weighs 2 kilograms. They check, if it is worth to build an own version or if it makes more sense to focus on other areas of the car.

AMus

Kimi to ferrari, albon to Alfa, seb to RB is on the cards.
    Are you serious? Kimi again?

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Depends on Albon's performance against Max. If Albon underperforms, RedBull will move Albon back to Alpha Tauri and kick Kvyat out.
    Albon's pace is not bad, but if he keeps making moves as he did in the last race, I'm afraid Vettel's weight of "relative" reputation could prove costly for him