Page 20 of 64 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333445 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Albon's pace is not bad, but if he keeps making moves as he did in the last race, I'm afraid Vettel's weight of "relative" reputation could prove costly for him
    It's all rumors, no one's going and coming anywhere. Marko and Horner have already said that they can't accommodate Vettel due to contract with both drivers. Mercedes have said no as well. As things stand, Vettel is on the way to forced retirement.

Are you serious? Kimi again?
    Yeah.....

He wants to have a one last ice cream with ferrari before retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    According to reports on Thursday there is an anouncement on sebs future.A redbull swap is rumored to be happening in days.Albon to Ferrari? Lets see what happens.One thing is for sure the divorce is getting nasty and if seb can leave now he Will.Its probably for the better.
    Well Ferrari did treat him like crap and without any respect... or Binotto did. We don't deserve his service and kind words.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Kimi to ferrari, albon to Alfa, seb to RB is on the cards.
    God forbid!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    God forbid!!!
    I think he had done a good job in 2018 think so. But due to internal clashes between Mattia & Maurizio Arrivabene He was out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Well Ferrari did treat him like crap and without any respect... or Binotto did. We don't deserve his service and kind words.
    Yeah the separation was handled awkwardly and what's worse is that it seems to be still unraveling.

2020 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    It's all rumors, no one's going and coming anywhere. Marko and Horner have already said that they can't accommodate Vettel due to contract with both drivers. Mercedes have said no as well. As things stand, Vettel is on the way to forced retirement.
    Contracts mean nothing in RedBull camp, or anywhere else for that matter

Im not seeing any ROI with Vettel..he's an expensive asset who crashes too often. Better stick that money into a better car. I do like Vettel. But he hasn't shown much the past few years

Helmut Marko has today dismissed these rumors and said Vettel has no place in Red Bull and he should take a sabbatical in 2021.

The last race showed quite clearly that Ferrari was 100% right to let Vettel go. As I said before in my previous posts, this year is going to be a lot more painful for Vettel. He's no longer the number 1, those days of absolute preference from the team are long gone. Also, you would except other teams to lining up for Vettel, hoping to sign him up as soon as the possible. But clearly that's not the case, he's pretty much without a seat for next year. His fans are day dreaming about a Red Bull/Mercedes seat, well...keep on dreaming, but don't be surprised when reality hits you hard in the face.

Ferrari's focus from now should be on improving the car and Leclerc, they shouldn't be wasting valuable times and resources on making Vettel "comfortable" with the car, simply not worth it.

Edit: *missing words*
    Last edited by tifosi1993; 9th July 2020 at 12:14.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    The last race showed quite clearly that Ferrari was 100% right to let Vettel go. As I said before in my previous posts, this year going to be a lot more painful for Vettel. He's no longer the number 1, those days of absolute preference from the team are long gone. Also, you would except other teams to lining for Vettel, hoping to sign him up as soon as the possible. But clearly that's not the case, he's pretty much without a seat for next year. His fans are day dreaming about a Red Bull/Mercedes seat, well...keep on dreaming, but don't be surprised when reality hits you hard in the face.

Ferrari's focus from now should be on improving the car and Leclerc, they shouldn't be wasting valuable times and resources on making Vettel "comfortable" with the car, simply not worth it.
    I agree 100%

Contracts don't matter to them that much, but Verstappen does matter. Max is their focus, they want a safe number 2 driver for him, someone who won't cause too much ruckus inside the team. And Vettel doesn't meet the criteria of a safe number 2, Max has him covered with his pace, but Vettel will still cause too much trouble. One race like Brazil 2019, and the whole Red Bull team will implode after that.

Helmut Marko denies any intention to bring Vettel back to Red Bull: "There is no place for Sebastian in our team. If I were him I'd take a break for a year & look at things from the outside."

Albon's pace is not bad, but if he keeps making moves as he did in the last race, I'm afraid Vettel's weight of "relative" reputation could prove costly for him
    Helmut Marko has today dismissed these rumors and said Vettel has no place in Red Bull and he should take a sabbatical in 2021.
    Contracts don't matter to them that much, but Verstappen does matter. Max is their focus, they want a safe number 2 driver for him, someone who won't cause too much ruckus inside the team. And Vettel doesn't meet the criteria of a safe number 2, Max has him covered with his pace, but Vettel will still cause too much trouble. One race like Brazil 2019, and the whole Red Bull team will implode after that.
    Yeah, Marko has dismissed the rumors. They are keeping Max and Albon.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

The last race showed quite clearly that Ferrari was 100% right to let Vettel go. As I said before in my previous posts, this year is going to be a lot more painful for Vettel. He's no longer the number 1, those days of absolute preference from the team are long gone. Also, you would except other teams to lining up for Vettel, hoping to sign him up as soon as the possible. But clearly that's not the case, he's pretty much without a seat for next year. His fans are day dreaming about a Red Bull/Mercedes seat, well...keep on dreaming, but don't be surprised when reality hits you hard in the face.

Edit: *missing words*
    Vettel will need to consider a pay cut for next year if he can't dominate Leclerc this year (which doesn't seem likely). He will have a hard time convincing others he should be paid so much when he's struggling against a teammate that has minimal F1 experience...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Vettel will need to consider a pay cut for next year if he can't dominate Leclerc this year (which doesn't seem likely). He will have a hard time convincing others he should be paid so much when he's struggling against a teammate that has minimal F1 experience...
    In his latest interviews. He mentioned “was ready to take a cut. But offer was never on the table”.

Seb confirmed that he intends to finish the season with Ferrari

http://scuderiafans.com/sebastian-ve...hing-to-prove/

Quote Originally Posted by RM-Ferrari View Post
    Seb confirmed that he intends to finish the season with Ferrari

http://scuderiafans.com/sebastian-ve...hing-to-prove/
    Sad to see his situation...

Well, its clear that this is not a permanent job. You have to win the championship to get that wage. Seb failed, and whats worse is that he's always complaining. Dont forget that he's the one that turn these story to a gossip; leaking the information and being victimized (as always).
    Everybody is sending a condole to him but nobody wants him in the team. The result speak itself
    Last edited by alfa84; 9th July 2020 at 18:11.

Quote Originally Posted by alfa84 View Post
    Well, its clear that this is not a permanent job. You have to win the championship to get that wage. Seb failed, and whats worse is that he's always complaining. Dont forget that he's the one that turn these story to a gossip; leaking the information and being victimized (as always).
    Everybody is sending a condole to him but nobody wants him in the team. The result speak itself
    Ferrari failed. Ferrari failed every driver since 2007.

Not really true though is it....
    Forza Ferrari

I like Seb as a person, his sense of humour, his loyality and his speed (in the past). But I see burned out man for the last two years, he lost the passion long time ago and from then he is only shadow of himself. His performance dropped rapidly, his errors rose multiple times and I think, that Ferrari doesn't deserve this kind of service for very high price. The cars were more or less OK, but Seb didn't delivered, he failed. Only this year the car seems to be realy mediocore, but it doesn't mask the fact, that Seb is not delivering for the last two years.
    Personally I think he should end at Ferrari in 2017. Ferrari did not fail since 2007, Alonso failed to pass Petrov in Abu Dhabi to take WDC, he had great chance of winning, Seb failed to deliver in recent history.
    I am not saying that Ferrari did everything right, but the car was very good from time to time...

Are you sure?! Are you sure that Vettel is faster than Ham? Faster than Ver? Or slower than both... if so for how much tenths? How many errors did he made?

Alonso used to fight for championship starntig fifth, and this is called ferrari failure.
    I see e bit of Alonso in Lec. Lets hope we dont ruin him either

Are you sure?! Are you sure that Vettel is faster than Ham? Faster than Ver? Or slower than both... if so for how much tenths? How many errors did he made?

Alonso used to fight for championship starntig fifth, and this is called ferrari failure.
    I see e bit of Alonso in Lec. Lets hope we dont ruin him either
    Is he slower than Rosberg? Is Alonso slower than Rosberg? I don't think so. Both of them (Alonso and Vettel) were destroying their teammates, more, than any other mate in any other team, but it still wasn't enough. We (Ferrari) didn't build a car, that would be a true championship winner. Sure, few cars were good, but NEVER for the whole season, every time they had some disadvantage compared to the direct rivals, there were strategic blunders etc. We had great drivers who all shown the world they can win the championship. Why didn't they do it with us? Did they become suddenly worse in red? No. Our cars are just not that great. That's my view.

Enzo Ferrari would have probably booted him out in 2018.

I like Vettel, but Ferrari is a business and is racing to win, not 'compete' like the nonsense current F1 slogan.

If a driver is no longer good enough, he has to go.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Enzo Ferrari would have probably booted him out in 2018.

I like Vettel, but Ferrari is a business and is racing to win, not 'compete' like the nonsense current F1 slogan.

If a driver is no longer good enough, he has to go.
    And what if car and management is not good?

Yup...Vettel spinning and crashing had nothing to do with Vettel himself, it was all Ferrari's fault. Just like the last race.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    And what if car and management is not good?
    that will be exception for our colleagues.

Yes vettel didn’t deliver & at the same time ferrari too didn’t deliver. It’s the from both the parties.

The way ferrari are treating when their drivers are Leaving is not good. That the point over here. Whether it’s vettel or Alonso etc whoever it is. It should end on high note, not like cat & mouse game.

Hopefully they treat Leclerc good & provide him a good car else here few colleagues term ferrari delivered but he didn’t

Yup...Vettel spinning and crashing had nothing to do with Vettel himself, it was all Ferrari's fault. Just like the last race.
    Sure, let's totally forget about 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 as well as 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014. Let's just take the last season and first race of this one, when Vettel became crap. Ok :)

Is he slower than Rosberg? Is Alonso slower than Rosberg? I don't think so. Both of them (Alonso and Vettel) were destroying their teammates, more, than any other mate in any other team, but it still wasn't enough. We (Ferrari) didn't build a car, that would be a true championship winner. Sure, few cars were good, but NEVER for the whole season, every time they had some disadvantage compared to the direct rivals, there were strategic blunders etc. We had great drivers who all shown the world they can win the championship. Why didn't they do it with us? Did they become suddenly worse in red? No. Our cars are just not that great. That's my view.
    Whatever your views or thoughts are, they are not gonna change the facts. Here's a very simple question: Name one driver who had made more mistakes than Vettel in last 3 years? let's see your answer.

And I don't remember Alonso being worse in Red, his reputation actually increased tenfold when he was driving for Ferrari. And look how Alonso's career turned out when he left Ferrari for Mclaren.
    Plus Raikkonen won his one and only title with Ferrari, Massa pretty much became a top driver with driver. Being a Ferrari driver and the pressure that comes with it, it extracted the best out of many. But that's not the case with Vettel, and it shouldn't be surprising to anyone.

Beating Webber or Raikkonen wasn't something I would call a challenge. Both were pretty much at the end of their respective careers and below their prime. But when Vettel got partnered with a young and highly rated teammate, he got destroyed. First with Dani Ric and now with Leclerc. With Dani Ric, he ran away from Red Bull, and with Leclerc, he's getting kicked out of Ferrari. His career right now is pretty much over, since no other team wants to have him.
    Last edited by tifosi1993; 9th July 2020 at 20:53.