Page 21 of 64 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343546 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Sure, let's totally forget about 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 as well as 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014. Let's just take the last season and first race of this one, when Vettel became crap. Ok :)
    I mean...when a driver crashes or spins numerous times a year, his performance is pretty much crap. Blaming Ferrari for Vettel's mistakes is quite laughable tbh.

And let's also remember 2000-2008, not just 2009 or whatever year you want to focus on.

Looks like seb can screw up all year if he chooses to and collect 40million large for his efforts, and walk off into the sunset.I hope this is not the case and that he really has an honest go leaving Ferrari with integrity is really what matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Sure, let's totally forget about 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 as well as 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014. Let's just take the last season and first race of this one, when Vettel became crap. Ok :)
    There were good cars those years when the championships were within reach. A lot has to happen for a team to dominate--if this is your definition of success.

About Vettel, do not forget he already has third most wins for Ferrari... so he did a good job at Ferrari.

The fact that Mercedes is way too good should be accepted, it's not Vettel's fault that Ferrari didn't win the championship

About losing to Leclerc, the difference between the two wasn't that much at the end of the season look at the points

Quote Originally Posted by mhmalik View Post
    About Vettel, do not forget he already has third most wins for Ferrari... so he did a good job at Ferrari.
    That's relative, it depends upon the car driver is driving and number of seasons he has had, hence to deduce good or bad job based on number of wins is meaningless

The fact that Mercedes is way too good should be accepted, it's not Vettel's fault that Ferrari didn't win the championship
    Not all his fault Ferrari didn't have answer to Mercedes but when there was better opportunity (2017-2018), he blew it

About losing to Leclerc, the difference between the two wasn't that much at the end of the season look at the points
    Don't forget Vettel had team's backing even before season started, Leclerc was told to move over for him initially as well. Russia was a backstab to team/Leclerc on his part

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I mean...when a driver crashes or spins numerous times a year, his performance is pretty much crap. Blaming Ferrari for Vettel's mistakes is quite laughable tbh.

And let's also remember 2000-2008, not just 2009 or whatever year you want to focus on.
    You just want to hate, I can't change that. Fact is, that our cars did not win any championship and we had good drivers... Alonso, Kimi, Seb (yes, he sucked in 2019, but before that he was great), Charles. The end.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    That's relative, it depends upon the car driver is driving and number of seasons he has had, hence to deduce good or bad job based on number of wins is meaningless

Not all his fault Ferrari didn't have answer to Mercedes but when there was better opportunity (2017-2018), he blew it

Don't forget Vettel had team's backing even before season started, Leclerc was told to move over for him initially as well. Russia was a backstab to team/Leclerc on his part

Are you serious about 2017
    2017 car aerodynamically efficient, not on engine. We had many reliability issues for reference “famous spark plug” issue.
    2018 car, only Alonso would have fought with Hamilton. I reckon no other driver is capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    And what if car and management is not good?
    The car was good enough to win in 2018.

So Seb told Brundle he could interview him next week, and gave him carte blanche about the topic mmm?
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Media: Bottas has a new contract 2021
    so what options Seb has, RP, Haas, Red Bull?

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Media: Bottas has a new contract 2021
    so what options Seb has, RP, Haas, Red Bull?
    Vettel is taking 1year out & planning for 2022.

Russel confirmed at Williams for 2021. Mercedes should announce Bottas soon

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Russel confirmed at Williams for 2021. Mercedes should announce Bottas soon
    Bottas confirmed at Merc, mate.
    Last edited by killer; 16th July 2020 at 13:06. Reason: Saw VET-RP talks being discussed in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    Bottas confirmed at Merc, mate.

Sebastian reported as being in talks with Racing Point (Autosport).
    Oh, didn’t know about Bottas, thanks mate!

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-a...rcedes-F1-News

Lewis Hamilton blasts Ferrari on lack of anti-racism action after Mercedes support F1 star

"We've seen Red Bull's mechanics take a knee, which I think is great, but as businesses and as teams...if you look at Ferrari who have thousands of people working with them, I've heard no word of Ferrari saying that they hold themselves accountable, and this is what they're going to do for their future," Hamilton said.

"And we need the teams to do that. We need Formula 1 and the FIA to be more leading in those scenarios, saying 'hey guys, all of us together, everyone needs to pull together and fight for this.'

"I think a lot of people don't know what the problem is. Some people deny there is a problem."

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post

Lewis Hamilton blasts Ferrari on lack of anti-racism action after Mercedes support F1 star

"We've seen Red Bull's mechanics take a knee, which I think is great, but as businesses and as teams...if you look at Ferrari who have thousands of people working with them, I've heard no word of Ferrari saying that they hold themselves accountable, and this is what they're going to do for their future," Hamilton said.

"And we need the teams to do that. We need Formula 1 and the FIA to be more leading in those scenarios, saying 'hey guys, all of us together, everyone needs to pull together and fight for this.'

"I think a lot of people don't know what the problem is. Some people deny there is a problem."
    Tell Hamilton to shut up and worry about himself. Stop telling people what they should and shouldn’t do. Some people just want to watch sports and not be bombarded by political bs all the time. Sports is supposed to people’s escape from a rough day, rough time...enjoyment with friends/family etc. They have become a chore to watch now. That’s the problem with these movements, they are forced and not noble/honest. These companies “have” to do something or risk being cancelled.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

I don't think Vettel was treated badly. His contract was up and Ferrari told him straight out it was time for a change on both sides. Nothing sinister there. Vettel was told about the same time contract negotiations would have been done in a normal season. Better to get it straight than to be strung along on talks that don't mean anything.

I wonder if Hamilton will blast the english media for it's bias against Ferrari?

I think Hamilton needs to keep mouth shut

If we he wants to pander to Marxist douche nozzles, he can do so and make it obvious to the rest of us how dumb he truly is.
    Last edited by Rob; 16th July 2020 at 16:14.

He's really taking this to another level. He's got the whole F1 drivers and Liberty Media "cowering" to this "end racism" and "taking a knee ala Colin Kaepernick" not to mention he went on a BLM protest himself and has the BLM logo on his helmet.

Ridiculous.

He should be thank-ful F1 gave him the opportunity to luck into Mercedes and achieve the millions and break records.....but no, he has to take it to another level.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Ha, I bet that a brother takes a dump on his toilet that he's not happy. Actually I once read that Lewis only takes a dump on his toilet and hates it when someone uses it haha.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Tell Hamilton to shut up and worry about himself. Stop telling people what they should and shouldn’t do. Some people just want to watch sports and not be bombarded by political bs all the time. Sports is supposed to people’s escape from a rough day, rough time...enjoyment with friends/family etc. They have become a chore to watch now. That’s the problem with these movements, they are forced and not noble/honest. These companies “have” to do something or risk being cancelled.
    Well said, and I have never been racist but having all this rammed down our throats is causing more people to feel that way. How Hamilton can justify criticism of Ferrari is a mystery, but it's all part of the anti-Ferrari game plan.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Well said, and I have never been racist but having all this rammed down our throats is causing more people to feel that way. How Hamilton can justify criticism of Ferrari is a mystery, but it's all part of the anti-Ferrari game plan.
    Telling people who aren't racists that they are racists despite no evidence of that claim existing is a good way to make more racists. Then again, that is their plan to begin with, to sow division.

Lewis Hamilton is drawing to much attention to himself.He is drawing a long bow with his racist card and black lives matter rhetoric.All lives matter black or white.We are all in this together and together we can make a difference.lewis is not in a position to suggest to any body or any organisation what they should and should not be doing so Lewis stop using the f1 stage for your own self gratification because it makes you feel better.Brother Lewis you are not a Luther king.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    AMEN TO THAT!!! Bravo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Lewis Hamilton is drawing to much attention to himself.He is drawing a long bow with his racist card and black lives matter rhetoric.All lives matter black or white.We are all in this together and together we can make a difference.lewis is not in a position to suggest to any body or any organisation what they should and should not be doing so Lewis stop using the f1 stage for your own self gratification because it makes you feel better.Brother Lewis you are not a Luther king.

The W11 is the "best car" Mercedes has built, says Hamilton #F1

From 2014, Mercs built all strong cars. It’s easy going (titles) for Ham. No competition at all except 2016.

The W11 is the "best car" Mercedes has built, says Hamilton #F1

From 2014, Mercs built all strong cars. It’s easy going (titles) for Ham. No competition at all except 2016.

I did not like the way Lewis held his arm up with a closed fist what is he trying to say is it black power.The only thing that powers Lewis is a mercedes Benz simple as that you have a talented coloured person in the best white man's car Lewis it's all about team work and not some racist rhetoric Ferrari like italy are a diversified nation.The African migrants in Italy are contributing immensely with there skills and are loved and welcomed by there predominantly white communities together they move forward Lewis please do not think that mercedes would be lost with out you.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    I did not like the way Lewis held his arm up with a closed fist what is he trying to say is it black power.
    That was weird, is there any explanation from Lewis what he did mean by that gesture?