Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Spanish GP: Free Practice and Qualifying sessions

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    usually FP3 and quali difference is about 1-1.5 sec, so under 1.16 or right there, nothing to worry yet
    OK.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    What was the reason beyond for Pirelli changing tires?
    They have a romantic relationship with Toto and Lauda

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    They have a romantic relationship with Toto and Lauda
    Beyond that

Adami "Carlos is behind you.. Let him by." Vettel: "You f###*d it up" Vettel nearly stops at Turn 1 allowing Hulk through but Sainz was behind.

Hulkenberg: "What happened there guys? Carlos was on the racing line" Sainz: "You told me that Nico was slow lap"

Hartley out.....major shunt

So we finish 3rd and 4th

Merc looking stronger here than in recent races should be an intresting fight for pole

Magnussen with the same engine is just 0.7s down on us, we are sandbagging i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Magnussen with the same engine is just 0.7s down on us, we are sandbagging i think.
    it looks good when haas is good

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    What was the reason beyond for Pirelli changing tires?
    Simple, Merc was chewing its tires in testing and demanded changes be made. Of course they say it wasn't for Merc, but only made the changes after Merc approached them.

http://www.f1i.com/news/299667-pirel...e-demands.html

http://www.planetf1.com/news/pirelli...-tyre-demands/
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Hartley's rear end just dropping as the crane lifts the Toro Rosso

https://twitter.com/FiftyBuckss/stat...59887809630209

From my point if view, no need to panic here. Mercedes seems to have the upper-ground here but its only a couple of tenths. We might not get pole this time but this track strongly favors them not to mention that they got "personalized" tyres from Pirelli for this race (and 2 more). There will be races where we can do nothing but damage limitation. I believe that the race will be different, even a good start can change everything. No dooms day here at all.

FerrariSteve Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    For the record, I am not bashing Ferrari or their capabilities. I am upset with the FIA, F1 and Pirelli for bowing to Mercs demands once again. Making all our hard work over the winter developing a great car worthless. It's a joke. Can't beat us on track anymore, get the rules bent in your favour. Hamilton "Ferrari are sandbagging" smug rat.
    Agreed.. It sickens me. If Ferrari lose the WDC this season it won't be because of a bad car or bad driving, it'll be because yet again Pirelli favours the Mercs.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Simple, Merc was chewing its tires in testing and demanded changes be made. Of course they say it wasn't for Merc, but only made the changes after Merc approached them.

http://www.f1i.com/news/299667-pirel...e-demands.html

http://www.planetf1.com/news/pirelli...-tyre-demands/
    And supposedly it’s only for 3 race tracks that got brand new asphalt, since the old spec tire got would the FIA do the same for us?
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    From my point if view, no need to panic here. Mercedes seems to have the upper-ground here but its only a couple of tenths. We might not get pole this time but this track strongly favors them not to mention that they got "personalized" tyres from Pirelli for this race (and 2 more). There will be races where we can do nothing but damage limitation. I believe that the race will be different, even a good start can change everything. No dooms day here at all.
    So if this tire change does end up favouring Merc, Ferrari are supposed to just take 3 guaranteed losses this season? This is a really silly way of looking at this season in my opinion. We have already lost valuable points in the first 4 races, another 3 losses of no fault to us could end the championship. Ferrari need to stand up for what is right.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

I think it’s clear, these new tyres are favouring mercs otherwise they used to struggle around on those SS.
    This is not good by FIA, Pirelli & mercs. Next 3 races Ferrari need to maximise the points as much as they can.
    SC looks inevitable at every race by looking at Williams, TR, hass(Grosjean), RB (mad max) cars.

FIA - NO FURTHER ACTION warranted in incident where Max Verstappen failed to rejoin the circuit after the bollard.

Im sure Ferrari can adjust regarding the tyre situation. They know what they're doing. Let us have more faith in the team.

"Always move forward, take it one step at a time, eventually you'll reach your goal and if you happen to fall on face your still moving..."

So it looks like we're faster than RBR at least, as I said yesterday but Merc seem a little bit quicker than us. Qualifying will be key and then it's up to the tyre strategy to reel in that Merc advantage. I wonder what tyres will be used in Q2?

Ferrari's halo winglets are set to disappear before the Monaco GP following a disagreement over interpretation of the rules between the FIA and the Italian team.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...onaco-1036475/

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    FIA - NO FURTHER ACTION warranted in incident where Max Verstappen failed to rejoin the circuit after the bollard.
    Then wts the use of saying under investigation... crap

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Then wts the use of saying under investigation... crap

Yep, Horner worded it that Max weaved in and out WHICH I am sure Charlie will get rid of that loophole.

Hartley's rear end just dropping as the crane lifts the Toro Rosso

https://twitter.com/FiftyBuckss/stat...59887809630209

Toro Rosso might apply to the FIA that Hartley start at the pit lane tomorrow for the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Decoded View Post
    Ferrari's halo winglets are set to disappear before the Monaco GP following a disagreement over interpretation of the rules between the FIA and the Italian team.

Great job by FIA. First they say you can mount mirrors & use the space. Now when other opposed or questioned which they weren’t able to get that idea then immediate action to ban it. Very quick turn around by FIA.
    I haven’t seen this quick reaction or response even on race track when there’s an incident

Yep, Horner worded it that Max weaved in and out WHICH I am sure Charlie will get rid of that loophole.
    My kudos n middle finger to Horner & Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by Decoded View Post

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Great job by FIA. First they say you can mount mirrors & use the space. Now when other opposed or questioned which they weren’t able to get that idea then immediate action to ban it. Very quick turn around by FIA.
    I haven’t seen this quick reaction or response even on race track when there’s an incident

2009 all over again!!!!!

2009 all over again!!!!!
    You mean brawn GP blown double diffuser???