Page 56 of 64 FirstFirst ... 6314243444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,680 of 1908

Thread: 2020 F1 news/rumours

I still can’t get the decision of MB on engine freeze. Unless current Ferrari engine tests are positive.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I still can’t get the decision of MB on engine freeze. Unless current Ferrari engine tests are positive.
    Having in mind all those wind tunnel correlations problems for more than a decade, I'll not jump up to conclusions! Seeing is believing!

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Didn't take long for Binotto to sell us our for the good of Mercedes... sorry the sport again.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...-2022/4916921/

He better KNOW our engine next year will be straight back to top drawer or else he might as well be a Mercedes agent.
    Binotto says what Ferrari has been saying from the start, read between the lines.
    Ferrari will agree to a freeze only if there will be an "equalization" of sorts between the power of engines, not if there is the current situation.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Binotto is referring to the engine freeze from 2022 and for the next generation (post current turbo-hybrid) for the 2025 season and beyond, and as I understand it, he makes a point that any engine appearing to be uncompetitive in future would involve a condition allowing that to be rectified, avoiding a situation like 2020 where the Ferrari ICE has been considerably down on power. Correct me if I'm wrong, and Ferrari has a real challenge on its hands if next year's engine is also a lame horse.
    No you're definitely not wrong , that is exactly what Ferrari demands should a freeze is to be put in place.
    Otherwise , no freeze.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Binotto says what Ferrari has been saying from the start, read between the lines.
    Ferrari will agree to a freeze only if there will be an "equalization" of sorts between the power of engines, not if there is the current situation.
    Oh ok now I got it. Basically it means Merc engine = Ferrari = renault = Honda. If all the engines are equal, they only Ferrari will agree to the engine freeze. That’s a good proposal too, then it would entirely on Drivers to fight on track.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Oh ok now I got it. Basically it means Merc engine = Ferrari = renault = Honda. If all the engines are equal, they only Ferrari will agree to the engine freeze. That’s a good proposal too, then it would entirely on Drivers to fight on track.
    Anything that allows engine power parity between the ICE suppliers and avoids the situation Ferrari/Alfa/Haas have had to endure in 2020 is exactly what is needed to make the championship fairer and the races more interesting. Because Ferrari were deemed to have been 'clever and not entirely legal' in the second half of 2019, the team has suffered horribly in 2020, this cannot be allowed to happen again. But Mercedes were in a position to get a head start on the current turbo-hybrid era, and use DAS for a year, so fairness has never been a priority!

Anything that allows engine power parity between the ICE suppliers and avoids the situation Ferrari/Alfa/Haas have had to endure in 2020 is exactly what is needed to make the championship fairer and the races more interesting. Because Ferrari were deemed to have been 'clever and not entirely legal' in the second half of 2019, the team has suffered horribly in 2020, this cannot be allowed to happen again. But Mercedes were in a position to get a head start on the current turbo-hybrid era, and use DAS for a year, so fairness has never been a priority!
    If the engine wasn't legal, then it would be expected to have costs like 2020. Someone should have made the call not to pursue that direction. I don't want some fake BoP-administered formula. F1 has to be the pinnacle of competition. If Merc came up with and implemented DAS and no one else, then good for them. That is not unfair. Ferrari and other teams need to look at why they didn't up with it or anything better.

I disagree with equalisation though; we'll have Mercedes freed up with a head start to work on the next set of engine regs.

last 5 ferrari engines atm

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    last 5 ferrari engines atm
    LOL, I was in wrong thread, dont have to wonder anymore why it was so quiet.

Life as a bot must be hard some times, no, Kimi?

Life as a bot must be hard some times, no, Kimi?
    I am just getting old I think

2020 season ended at the start itself when we got hit by Engine & agreement. So lot of them gave up.
    I think next year would be busy season, will get more replies

Mercedes boss Wolff believes an engine convergence system would be "a humiliation" for manufacturers

Motorsport.com

Toto Wolff started crying . Earlier he supported engine freeze along with RB.
    Now when Ferrari brought up “we agree to engine freeze only when all engines are at the same parity”.
    Ferrari should stick to this plan & play this card to their strengths.

That totto wolf a negative individual that can't see past his ears, any thing that remotely that can impact mercedes or help the disadvantaged he apposes especially with the engine freeze 2022.Totally afraid of a real challenger.Well its coming and this time the fia will not save you.The secret deal will come into play and Mr wolf its your turn to be hunted and it starts next season mark my words.Cant wait to hear lewis bitching on the radio there should be a dedicated radio station just for this it will be epic.Totto wolfs antics will also make for good TV.

I wish Toto's mentality on Binotto! Results are all that counts. Imagine that " Dedicated " radio! I need wins and poles way into the 100 s, and WDC s in the teens!! I will be retiring at at least 44 yrs. old !

Well it's a good play by Binotto. Now balls.in Mercs court and if they disagree then they take the blame for Red Bull not having an engine. For the record I dont think I'd support an engine freeze.

Lewis Hamilton has tested positive for COVID-19.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Just a shame Bottas ain't within 49 points...

Hammy will be just fine, he's a professional athlete after all.

People think masks will make them invincible and stay too close regardless. All the hand-shaking and hugs during professional sports at the moment does my head in. Not because the virus itself, but because of the reaction if someone gets it so that they will have to sit stuff out. They should know better than that. For the record, I believe masks are completely useless unless they are of the surgical type and that mask orders are unlawful crap, but that's off-topic.

I hope they'll give it to Russell to try it out and if he does better than Bottler, they can boot that useless waste of seat.
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 1st December 2020 at 07:19.

Just a shame Bottas ain't within 49 points...

Hammy will be just fine, he's a professional athlete after all.

People think masks will make them invincible and stay too close regardless. All the hand-shaking and hugs during professional sports at the moment does my head in. Not because the virus itself, but because of the reaction if someone gets it so that they will have to sit stuff out. They should know better than that. For the record, I believe masks are completely useless unless they are of the surgical type and that mask orders are unlawful crap, but that's off-topic.

I hope they'll give it to Russell to try it out and if he does better than Bottler, they can boot that useless waste of seat.
    Vandoorne is the reserve driver for Mercedes. He's testing today in Valencia for Formula E and then will fly to Bahrain to take Lewis's seat.

Another candidate is Hulkenberg.

Mazepin will be in the HAAS seat for 2021.

Wander who will replace LH?

Quote Originally Posted by Honzus View Post
    There are some speculations, that it could be Mick Schumacher and Nikita Mazepin.
    OK, who said that? So the first piece of puzzle is solved, now confirm Mick and my prediction will be 100 %

A great chance for Max to Max out with 25 pts.

I just saw on formula1.com that time table for Bahrain 1 and 2 race is different?!
    Race No 1

Race No 2

Why is that, when both races a driven under the light?

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Lewis Hamilton has tested positive for COVID-19.
    Mr Luck again. it happens after the titles are gone. If he fell in a barrel of he'd come out smelling of roses.

So many upright individuals in this forum.

Hamilton has tested positive for Covid and they are still talking about his "luck". Just forget your hate and malice for this guy for a moment, it will not do you any harm.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Mazepin will be in the HAAS seat for 2021.
    Another rich boy. At least Stroll has some talent, but people like Latifi and Mazepin should never be in F1.

CL will replace LH or MV at merc for this GP only then let's see who's the better driver between the two vs LH previous lap time. hehe (in my dreams)

Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    Mr Luck again. it happens after the titles are gone. If he fell in a barrel of he'd come out smelling of roses.
    I must confess to feeling the same although I painfully admit that Hamilton is probably the most complete current driver, and of course has had the best car for many seasons. But then we have Charles who is our hope for the future, but only when he gets a car worthy of his talent will that hope be rewarded.

I must confess to feeling the same although I painfully admit that Hamilton is probably the most complete current driver, and of course has had the best car for many seasons. But then we have Charles who is our hope for the future, but only when he gets a car worthy of his talent will that hope be rewarded.
    Ha, ha.....can pigs fly???
    Hoping that Ferrari will prove this right....and that pigs do indeed fly, weather be imaginary or not....but I believe it when I see performance on track....like we did after the summer break in 2019....