Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232435 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Schumacher - Updates and well-wishes

Quote Originally Posted by Italian Spirit View Post
    Wow! I'm impressed by the moral high ground in which you (and few others on this thread) seem to sit!
    I hope that such moral height apply to everything in life and not only to this specific case...

PS I also have zero desire to continue discussing with you, so we won't miss each other, right?
    I don't think anyone will miss you...
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Italian Spirit View Post
    Wow, wow, wow!!!
    And with this, do I dare to ask what you did smoke this morning?
    You can definitly ask.. The fact that you ask this question just proves my point, you're a fool..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    I want to excuse myself for my language, I now it isn't appropriate. I just get very frustrated by people who are just talking about the fact that he was off piste. Fact is der Kaiser is badly injured, how it has happened isn't relevant for me at his point. Was it also Gilles fault that he died because he was driving an F1 car? Oke, if youre searching for risk sure. But aren't we all searching for some sort of risk, in different ways. Life is full of risk, you can't change anything about that. I think people are just focussing on the fact he was off piste are not the persons I like, I think it's sad. The thing is, if you saw the video from where the crash happened, it wasn't anything near extreme. If you crash while driving 51kph, and you're only allowed 50, are you an idiot for searching the risk? I find it very frustrated. I also think that the fact that I was judged based on my country says a lot of that person and his judgement/opinion. I still think the same, but I want to excuse my self to the other persons here for my language.

Forza
    Wouldn't discourage you, Kristof, but your post is the classic case of the cure worst than the disease...
    Addio Signor Enzo. Ciao Gilles.

Ste @ 233
    [QUOTE=Ste;820265]I think the article by DC deserves to be posted in its entirety, so here you are.[U][B][SIZE=3]

Source: Telegraph
    By: David Coulthard

This is indeed a very nice, very appropriate article by David Coulthard. Thanks Ste.

A "slight improvement" is still an improvement and I'm really happy to hear that there has been at least some improvement. But there's still a long way to go. Come on Champ, win this race!
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

When this thread was started it was fantastic to read some lovely thoughts from fellow members for Michael after his unfortunate accident while skiing, so if possible can we keep it civil and respect this difficult situation for Michael and his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post
    A "slight improvement" is still an improvement and I'm really happy to hear that there has been at least some improvement. But there's still a long way to go. Come on Champ, win this race!
    Indeed it means they are getting "control" over the situation. Which increases the chance of surival. Ofcourse we don't know how he will get out if it.. The thing is, his mental strenght and his "willing to win" is extraordinary.. if someone is capable.. but yeah, let's wait..

Thank God for this slight improvement!
    I've read that next 48 hours are the critical....
    Champ, if anyone can do it, you can! FIGHT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Thank God for this slight improvement!
    I've read that next 48 hours are the critical....
    Champ, if anyone can do it, you can! FIGHT!!!!
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Fight doctors, fight! (Because they are actually the ones fighting...)

Come on Michael, you have to be fit and fine for your family and for your million's of fans !!
    Give us good news at start of 2014!
    GET WELL SOON SCHUMI!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    Hermann, I have not heard anything mentioned from his brother Ralf, do you know as I assume you are in Germany you may know from TV or newspapers..

?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by mirafiori View Post
    Hermann, I have not heard anything mentioned from his brother Ralf, do you know as I assume you are in Germany you may know from TV or newspapers..
    Ralf is at the hospital with Michael.
    Forza Ferrari

Im very glad to hear of an improvement. Be positive in that we will hear of more improvement
    tomorrow. Step by step. Our thoughts and prayers are with you Michael, keep fighting.
    And please everyone, keep the positive thoughts and prayers headed Michaels way.

It's a nice photo but Kimi doesn't use Twitter so it's somebody pretending to be him
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Thank God for this glimmer of hope... Keep up the fight .....
    "That has made me fall in love with Ferrari even more today than ever." Fernando Alonso

Saw Schumiklub's FB cover and had an idea for my own. As with his - feel free to use it.
    You can change your car, you can change your house, you can change your wife or religion, you can even change your sex. But you can never change THE TEAM you support! FORZA FERRARI!

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Ralf is at the hospital with Michael.
    i had the same question, thanks for answering
    not gonna change my profile picture

We are all with you Champ, keep fighting.

Good to hear that his condition has slightly improved. Forza Schumi.

Indeed it means they are getting "control" over the situation. Which increases the chance of surival. Ofcourse we don't know how he will get out if it.. The thing is, his mental strenght and his "willing to win" is extraordinary.. if someone is capable.. but yeah, let's wait..
    Are you a doctor? (M.D., I mean)...

Very emotive words from David Coulthard indeed. Hopefully Michael will be able to read everything...

Gary Hartstein has said in his blog that this is gonna be a long battle. Fingers crossed, but I'll go to 2014 sad in a way...

Come on Michael!

Very low and inconsiderate comment.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

Geez, what's going on in this thread? Some of you are in a really bad mood.... can we please keep our comments respectful to both MS and each other???
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post
    Very low and inconsiderate comment.
    Oh really. Well i personally think its the doctors who saved Schumacher so far and they hardly get any praise for that. So i thought they should be encouraged too. Whats so wrong with that?

Guys, I don't want to spoil the party, but don't become to optemistic. What happened is this: MSC had an extradural hematome which is a blood clot between the skull and the dura mater, it's extracerebral. The problem with such hematome is that is an extra volume in a closed space, therefore the brain tissue is compressed which can lead to SECONDARY problems. What you want to do is to minimize these SECONDARY problems, this is done by contorlling ICP (intracranial pressure). This is the only goal for the medics at this point. Yesterday MSC was very unstable which means that ICP can change very dramticly very fast. Now they have removed this extradural hematome, this procedure was done successfully. This means that this hematome is fully removed and can't cause extra pressure and therefore secondary problems. Nevertheless, this hematome isn't the only "thing" that can cause extra pressure and therefore increase ICP. If the brain is injured it starts to swell, thus extra volume thus extra ICP. Therefore the medics have placed a "drain", which will allow the brain to swell without causing a big increase in ICP. So what they are saying now is there is a bit more control over his ICP, which is good to control the SECONDARY problems.
    But there isn't an absolute control. Which means they still need to control the different parameters, ventillation, ICP, ... His condition is therefore still critic. IF everything stay stable, maybe the swelling dissapears, than the risk of increased ICP is lower, and lower risk on SECONDARY problems. We have to wait to now this for sure.

But! except for this extradural hematome, there are also diffuse INTRACEREBRAL bleedings, which our bleeding in the brain tissue it self, this can't be drained as easily, and they are not doing this. So these bleedings are still in his brain, hopefully they will start dissappearing spontanously.

So, the docters are now trying to get him stable and make sure SECONDARY problems don't develop. However, because of the diffuse intracerebral bleedings (due to contusion) there is also PRIMARY damage. We don't now which regions are damaged, and how badly so we can't say anything about this. So what the docters are doing is trying to stabilize ICP to reduce chance of secndary problems, they did the operation in order to do so (this is not the only thing they do), but there is still primary damage, something they are NOT "concerned", if risk for secondary problems is gone, than they start looking at what is damaged...
    Thank you for this information.... it seems the recovery period will be a long road!
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Thank you for this information.... it seems the recovery period will be a long road!
    In the end, we can't know how he is going to come out of it, so you can't actually say something about the recovery. But yeah, I think if he's able to survive, the recovery will be a very long way. It all depends on where there's damage and how badly, so everything is possible. I just think it's very unlikly he will get out of it "without problems". So probably, his last win will be the recovery from this.. But his mental strenght has always been so incredible so..