Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2017 COTA (USGP) Practices and Qualifying

Caught up with some issues.

Grid spot penalties for Hulk, Hartley, and others.

Massa gets a reprimand.

Froce India trying out new microphone....jeez, now thats dumb.

Vettel gets a new chassis. Saw the spin into the kitty litter.

Binotto to replace Arrivabene????...can someone follow-up on this one...PLEASE!!!...I know its fresh.

thanks guys.

Yikes FP2 was really really messy
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Kimi's lack of pace on hot laps is so frustrating
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Mark hughes says critical session for vettel in fp3 after ferrari ran into bugs again

Ted said ferrari chose an older chassy and not a new one for vettel

Ted said he believes Ferrari didnt break curfew with vettel's car but that might just be that FIA hasnt released a statement yet

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Ted said he believes Ferrari didnt break curfew with vettel's car but that might just be that FIA hasnt released a statement yet
    Doesn’t matter if they did or didn’t, can’t ever remember a harsh penalty

lol i really love grojeans new helmet

Kimi P1 early in the session... atleast some track action for ferrari, better to test now rather then find out everything is falling apart like previous weeks in the crucial sessions

Seb in P3 all the top cars on ultrasofts

Hamilton quicker by 0.2 in sector 2 over seb

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Doesn’t matter if they did or didn’t, can’t ever remember a harsh penalty
    true, i imagine its probably like a small fine or something that they wouldn't care about if they did

Ham fastest by almost half a second

for awhile i thought Kimi having more laps yesterday would give him an advantage over Seb, still slower at the moment

Mercedes are making huge gains in sector 2 with that Loooooong straight, thats the area thats keeping them out of reach

Sky saying tailwinds in turn 19 and now possibly in sector 1 as Max went off and now grojean has beached his car in that same spot

Virtual safety car, probably cutting into valuable time for seb to try somethings out

Looks like a 15 place pen for verstappen

Ham fastest by almost half a second
    Superior engine, half a sec,im wondering will we ever match them

Very close

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Superior engine, half a sec,im wondering will we ever match them
    hopefully next year, without the old burning like we tried this year, we just need 1 or 2 geniuses to bring in a game changer

hamilton going off track to gain advantage in sector 3 getting fastest sector and FIA will do nothing

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Very close
    CLOSE???? what practice were you watching?? i know it's still PRACTICE and nothing can be taken seriously, but HALF a second in F1 in my BOOKS is HUGE.....

i know that we can turn up the engine a bit for quali, but SO WILL MERCEDES....i know, i know i sound pessimistic.....LOL
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

hamilton going off track to gain advantage in sector 3 getting fastest sector and FIA will do nothing
    formula MERCEDES mate.....formula Mercedes; they "tend" to turn a blind eye when it comes to Mercrapedes
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    CLOSE???? what practice were you watching?? i know it's still PRACTICE and nothing can be taken seriously, but HALF a second in F1 in my BOOKS is HUGE.....

i know that we can turn up the engine a bit for quali, but SO WILL MERCEDES....i know, i know i sound pessimistic.....LOL
    lol yup they end up pulling around half a second over us when both teams are in quali mode, it sucks. If we were quickest in practice by a bit then that could atleast give us a chance when it comes to quali and mercs unleash there engine

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    formula MERCEDES mate.....formula Mercedes; they "tend" to turn a blind eye when it comes to Mercrapedes
    Its really frustrating, I hope We can turn the tides soon

Merc engines dominating speedtrap, in Quali expect mercs to pull even more away

Hulk in 6th pretty awesome lap

Sainz almost identical to Hulk, very very good driver.

Its his time to prove he can be a trustworthy and consistent driver