Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Will Stroll...

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    BIIIIIIINNNNNGGGGOOO! winner winner chicken dinner!
    Oh my!

I don't know about the EU? But in Japan, he is underaged.
    He'll be underaged in the U.S. as well, right? EU is 18.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    He'll be underaged in the U.S. as well, right? EU is 18.

drinking age here is 21. I believe he sported the Martini brand @ COTA in 2016?

Stroll.......about as useless as Massa today @ Suzuka 2017.

Stroll.......about as useless as Massa today @ Suzuka 2017.
    If only Seb would have been at least as useless as Massa [36yrs. old! ] finishing in the points it would have been a little better than the disgrace of 0pts! Leclerc for Seb ASAP !

drinking age here is 21. I believe he sported the Martini brand @ COTA in 2016?
    He wasn't driving for Williams in 2016.

He wasn't driving for Williams in 2016.

Why was I thinking he did??.....brain fart on my end...thanks for the correction.

Why was I thinking he did??.....brain fart on my end...thanks for the correction.
    Haha doesn't matter, it will be interesting to see if he's allowed to promote Martini in the U.S. though.

Another pathetic and talentless drive by the Stroller @ Interlagos 2017 not to mention Gasly(P12) in an STR beat him in an AMG Williams who came in P16. Is that a first??? an STR beating a Williams?

Another pathetic and talentless drive by the Stroller @ Interlagos 2017 not to mention Gasly(P12) in an STR beat him in an AMG Williams who came in P16. Is that a first??? an STR beating a Williams?
    Yeah, he's not very clumsy or anything but just painfully slow. I think Palmer is better.

Yeah, he's not very clumsy or anything but just painfully slow. I think Palmer is better.

Or Kubica.

Or Kubica.
    There's no debate about Kubica

Apart from some flukes, Felipe beat him clearly this season. In some races Stroll was painfull to watch and probably still doesnt deserve to be in f1, not even in a sauber, let alone williams. On the plus side he did improve from where he was at the start of the season, but to be honest, he looked like a useless log then. Now he looks more like a F1 driver, but with palmer gone i think he is the worst driver atm. If he keeps improving he may become a middle of the pack driver, but thats about it

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Apart from some flukes, Felipe beat him clearly this season. In some races Stroll was painfull to watch and probably still doesnt deserve to be in f1, not even in a sauber, let alone williams. On the plus side he did improve from where he was at the start of the season, but to be honest, he looked like a useless log then. Now he looks more like a F1 driver, but with palmer gone i think he is the worst driver atm. If he keeps improving he may become a middle of the pack driver, but thats about it
    Yap, it's only a matter of time till his his dad tells him to let F1 go and focus on the family business.

I don't think Stroll's got the beans for F1 where he's unlikely to remain for very long. His dad probably can tell a good investment from a bad one and won't continue to sponsor him
    for those feeble (so far) results. He's certainly not proven to be an up-and-comer in a good mid-field team like Williams but his fathers's money could keep him going in lower class racing and
    he could still improve with time but not at F1's pointed end. Oh callow youth!?

Just compare the rookie Grosgean who has wrecked cars since day one in F1 and still has a seat. Max doesn't come close wrecking wise. Now take the long time veteran Stroll, no excuses after all these years in F1 he should have at least 1 WDC by now!! Midfield with Grosgean was a wartime horror! He still has a seat!! At his old past due age Stroll should think about retiring and give say the young Kubica a shot. Stroll should not be held at fault for his father's success. Many a would be future f1 driver will never see a seat because of no sponsor $$ 2018 will be the first year in a long time no Brasilian driver in F1 ! No $$ no seat. So far Stroll 40 pts. Grosgean 28,
    Last edited by Brembo; 15th November 2017 at 10:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Just compare the rookie Grosgean who has wrecked cars since day one in F1 and still has a seat. Max doesn't come close wrecking wise. Now take the long time veteran Stroll, no excuses after all these years in F1 he should have at least 1 WDC by now!! Midfield with Grosgean was a wartime horror! He still has a seat!! At his old past due age Stroll should think about retiring and give say the young Kubica a shot. Stroll should not be held at fault for his father's success. Many a would be future f1 driver will never see a seat because of no sponsor $$ 2018 will be the first year in a long time no Brasilian driver in F1 ! No $$ no seat. So far Stroll 40 pts. Grosgean 28,
    Its still funny when I remember many on the forum recommended we sign Grosjean when Raikkonen retires, just goes to show you how much they know about F1. At this point though, I would take Grosjean over Stroll, but if he improves that will change

Its still funny when I remember many on the forum recommended we sign Grosjean when Raikkonen retires, just goes to show you how much they know about F1. At this point though, I would take Grosjean over Stroll, but if he improves that will change
    I don't know what some forum members were thinking when they said Grosjean should have Raikkonen's seat, especially when Jules Bianchi was still alive. He was a homegrown product who scored points in a Marussia...

Disappointed Since 2010

I can remember Jules getting that chance with Marussia in 2013. The seat was contracted to a Brasilian rookie; Luiz Razia. But his sponsors backed out at the last minute and he lost that F1 seat. Jules wound up taking his place.

Or Kubica.
    There's no debate about Kubica

Rumors floating that Kubica has already signed a two year deal with Williams. Nothing concrete....yet.

Rumors floating that Kubica has already signed a two year deal with Williams. Nothing concrete....yet.
    Would have gotten Jenson if I was them. Actually if it was up to me Jenson and Felipe would be the drivers.

Would have gotten Jenson if I was them. Actually if it was up to me Jenson and Felipe would be the drivers.
    I doubt Jenson would be racing for peanuts. Probably he would want at least $5M.

Awesome stuff, hope it's true!

Me too but look at it this way, Stroll's dad paid for Massa's salary......and then some. I doubt JB has that kind of cash. Williams took the cash all for a father and son's expensive hobby.

Me too but look at it this way, Stroll's dad paid for Massa's salary......and then some. I doubt JB has that kind of cash. Williams took the cash all for a father and son's expensive hobby.
    JB is a real professional, he want's to get payed for doing his job, not pay.

[QUOTE=Stormy;961852 a real professional, he want's to get payed for doing his job, not pay.[/QUOTE]

Well said. That's why team orders are so tough for a driver to accept. Drive to win, get the most points, that's the job.

So LeClerc beat the Stroller at Melbourne for 2018.....

So LeClerc beat the Stroller at Melbourne for 2018.....
    Williams could have done with Felipe's help, then!! Good for Charles and Sauber-Alfa, hope they can get some updates quickly, that car looks beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Williams could have done with Felipe's help, then!! Good for Charles and Sauber-Alfa, hope they can get some updates quickly, that car looks beautiful.
    The car has alot of potential. Unfortunately, can't say the same with their "finishing school" drivers. Would love to see Kubica (koo-beet-za....he really does'nt care how you pronounce it) show this kids how to race.....not drive.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    If I remember correctly; Stool said Felipe was no help as his teamate.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    If I remember correctly; Stool said Felipe was no help as his teamate.

Forza Jules