Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

just a few more days come feb 3 then will see the true pics of the developement of ferrari..we all have the same thing in mind and that we all hope that ferrari wont be surprise of a team who will come up with an idea that are beyond rules..the car last year wasnt so bad i think it is well balance and quick and good on the tires..it just that it cant incorporate the EBD similar to what happen to the in 2009 where they cant incorporate the double diffuser to the F60.
    so if redbull or any team have no out of this world innovation..then i think we are the 2012 world champions both drivers/constructors..

forza ferrari!!

Here's a great Mercedes KERS development article by Scarbs.

http://scarbsf1.wordpress.com/2012/0...s-development/

I have read much about many of the 2012' race cars and it appears that Ferrari are making the most drastic changes. New Front Wing, New Side Pods, New Kers, New Construction, NewDRS, New Under Tray and Floor, New Cooling System, New Blown Diffuser, New Driving Position, New Suspension. While it appears that both Red Bull & McLaren will run a Development of their 2011' race cars. Ferrari will seek to have the fastest car "Out of the Box"! With so many new parts and ideas on the Ferrari, you have the feeling that as long as the parts don't break, Ferrari has "Developed" and 'Advanced" their car the most. This is key to being furthest ahead.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

I think it's too earlier to draw that conclusion seeing how only Caterham have launched their 2012 car. All of this talk is just speculation and may not even be fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicane View Post
    just a few more days come feb 3 then will see the true pics of the developement of ferrari..we all have the same thing in mind and that we all hope that ferrari wont be surprise of a team who will come up with an idea that are beyond rules..the car last year wasnt so bad i think it is well balance and quick and good on the tires..it just that it cant incorporate the EBD similar to what happen to the in 2009 where they cant incorporate the double diffuser to the F60.
    so if redbull or any team have no out of this world innovation..then i think we are the 2012 world champions both drivers/constructors..

forza ferrari!!
    F150 was not balanced last year - he suffered badly with understeer until the summer upgrade. As for the tyres, we were slightly easier on the tyres than Red Bull and Mclaren but any advantage gained from this was negated by how long it took us to heat up our tyres. That problem made us suffer badly on the hard tyres and in qualifying. The only race we got on the front row was in Canada and that was because he we were doing several laps before our fast laps in order to get heat into the tyres. As for the EBD, we incorporated it fine, but we could not get our engine to cold/hot blow efficiently.

I think we have to wait until the first few races before making any kind of prediction about the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard Berger View Post
    F150 was not balanced last year - he suffered badly with understeer until the summer upgrade. As for the tyres, we were slightly easier on the tyres than Red Bull and Mclaren but any advantage gained from this was negated by how long it took us to heat up our tyres. That problem made us suffer badly on the hard tyres and in qualifying. The only race we got on the front row was in Canada and that was because he we were doing several laps before our fast laps in order to get heat into the tyres. As for the EBD, we incorporated it fine, but we could not get our engine to cold/hot blow efficiently.

I think we have to wait until the first few races before making any kind of prediction about the championship.
    Last year the EBD worked just fine. In fact, the 056 engine could change between hot and cold at will. The problem was the general lack of grip at the front, hence balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    Last year the EBD worked just fine. In fact, the 056 engine could change between hot and cold at will. The problem was the general lack of grip at the front, hence balance.
    thats what i thought wasnt we the only team that could blow hot and cold through different corners

in me the 2010 the sidepod is good in 2011 i see contradiction full of loopholes and flaws in design like maybe the sidepod will be like the 90s one i think or 2011 style i think because its narrow i hoping that sidepod will be the answer of ferrrari but maybe the style will be like mclaren 2007 or 2008 or the l shape because the people behind this design is in ferrari i think

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari_Fanatic View Post
    thats what i thought wasnt we the only team that could blow hot and cold through different corners
    Strange, considering that we our best race and only race win came when off throttle blowing was limited. Also, why would we have created that exhaust chamber to store exhaust gases if we could easily hot and cold blow?

when the FIA temporarily ban the ebd in silverstone.. we saw how competitive the f150 was almost got the pole, damn quick with the hard tires super quick with soft and impressive on the aero demanding corners of silverstone we saw maclaren lost almost a second per lap with EBD turn off and vettels red bull could not catch alonso i think fernando could easily caught him even without that piststop blunder. and i think if im not mistaken the ebd was reduce to somewhat 20%?? only due to a protest by renault/redbull (so what if at 100%? maybe ferrari will be a second a lap quicker)

But then FIA revert the ruling and we saw how the f150 struggle and could not catch up the likes of red bull and mclaren with ebd turn on. so i think without that ebd it could have a great year for fernando and ferrari he scored more points than his f10. although less win but consistent scorer.

so again lets hope no more surprises from other teams.

Hey guys, new to the forum just want to say I can't wait for Friday !

I think it's safe to say where all excited and Friday can't come any sooner.

Welcome!

I actually took a day of from work, to see the new car launched :)

that's a good idea, maybe i should take one too
    not gonna change my profile picture

NOOO! Gonna be in a lecture at the time they unveil the car.... Hmmmm will just take my laptop and act like i'm taking notes.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

It is not Ferrari related, so I will not post the picture directly, but I think it's interesting (if it's true). McLaren mp4-27 picture: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...e/mp4-27-1.jpg

EDIT: Nevermind, after a closer look, ti's clearly photoshoped...

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Meanwhile on Tweater...

"Hamashima analyzes the causes for the F150 was so "sensitive" to changes in temperature and seems to have found the cause. Hamashima has sought a solution that does not happen in the car of 2012"
    "Today there was a meeting at Maranello to discuss the planning of work during preseason testing. Fry, Tombazis, Martin, Byrne, Heal, Hodge were satisfied with the results."
    "During the shakedown of F2012 on Friday the final mixtures of Shell fuel will be tested"

Th 2012 WDC will be won by that team who will keep on pushing the car development till the very end and i am not a mclaren fan but have to say that mclaren are very good in developing the car for each and every race. Even redbull were pushing stronger last year and compared to this two teams Ferrari and really bad at development. They do bring upgrades but not at regular basis. Even pat fry said that the way Ferrari works in terms of in-season development is not so good. Even of Ferrari starts the season on high they have to keep on pushing. I still remember Ferrari stop the development of 2010 car after the singapore GP while Mclaren and redbull were still pushing their car development and eventually that cost Fernando Alonso the WDC.
    I wanrt Ferrari and Fernando to win the 2012 WDC at any cost...come on Ferrari we can do it....

Cool

Awesome to nice hear that...

I'll be watching the launch here at work, as usual in my office

Power, Passion, Heritage, Beauty, Success = Scuderia Ferrari
    Magnum, Coke, Vodka = Kimi Raikkonen

Quote Originally Posted by FrankAlfa View Post
    I have read much about many of the 2012' race cars and it appears that Ferrari are making the most drastic changes. New Front Wing, New Side Pods, New Kers, New Construction, NewDRS, New Under Tray and Floor, New Cooling System, New Blown Diffuser, New Driving Position, New Suspension. While it appears that both Red Bull & McLaren will run a Development of their 2011' race cars. Ferrari will seek to have the fastest car "Out of the Box"! With so many new parts and ideas on the Ferrari, you have the feeling that as long as the parts don't break, Ferrari has "Developed" and 'Advanced" their car the most. This is key to being furthest ahead.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!
    How can Ferrari have a new blown diffuser this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Homan13PSU View Post
    How can Ferrari have a new blown diffuser this year?
    that's what i thought too; isn't blown diffuser and off throttle engine mapping BANNED for this year??

it's probably just a TYPO...

Ferrari have worked on feeding the Diffuser with trapped Thermal Hot Air generated from the Exhaust. It is not Exhaust gas but hot air From the Exhaust Pipes. This Hot air is directed toward the Diffuser and can be used in convection to aid in drawing air from the Floor / Undertray!

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari

Ferrari have worked on feeding the Diffuser with trapped Thermal Hot Air generated from the Exhaust. It is not Exhaust gas but hot air From the Exhaust Pipes. This Hot air is directed toward the Diffuser and can be used in convection to aid in drawing air from the Floor / Undertray!

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari
    If you're talking about that extra collector pipe that Scarbs did a piece on that is banned this year. There is quite literally NO way to feed the diffuser with exhaust gasses with the new regs.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari

Very clever if true. Hot air wants to rise!
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

as long as you have a place to collect the heat and are able to use the natural flow of air underneath the car to get it into the diffuser, it sounds very possible (even for someone who knows . about aero related things)
    if it is as simple as that, i would be surprised if no one else is trying the same.
    then again, up until now those things are nothing but rumors...
    Life might be hard, Concrete is a lot harder

Interesting diagram there....

Quote Originally Posted by hks143 View Post
    IMO, its not as effective in achieving its original goal. As we've seen Lotus' nose, its still very high.

We need to bring the nose back down like those in 2002 for example. That would ensure the nose will impact the side body rather than going for the driver's head.