Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Winter Testing 27th Feb - 2nd March 2017, Barcelona

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Dhont View Post
    Back to normal: SF70-H: P1
    And yes, on mediums
    I think we are using the mediums as a reference point, Mercedes do e it last year where they ran all 4 days on medium

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHS_zF3NqUs
    Streaming right now, no idea if it lasts but there's some on track action to be seen there.

update:

Day Two timesheet (9.25am UK time): 1) Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 12 laps, 1:23.718; 2) Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes, 13 laps, 1:24.026; 3) Max Verstappen, Red Bull, 12 laps, 1:24.366; 4) Lance Stroll, Williams, 12 laps, 1: 26.040; 5) Daniil Kvyat, Toro Rosso, 11 laps, 1:28.616; 6) Stoffel Vandoorne, McLaren, 7 laps, No time; 7) Kevin Magnussen, Haas, 5 laps, No time; 8) Antonio Giovinazzi, Sauber, 2 laps, No time

No laps - Force India: Esteban Ocon; Renault: Jolyon Palmer

28 FEBRUARY 2017 - WINTER TESTING - DAY 2
    DRIVER TEAM TIME DIFFERENCE #
    1. GB Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 1:21.766 20
    2. FI Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 1:23.718 +1.952 14
    3. NL Max Verstappen Red Bull Racing 1:24.366 +2.600 19
    4. CA Lance Stroll Williams 1:26.040 +4.274 12
    5. BE Stoffel Vandoorne McLaren 1:26.766 +5.000 11
    6. RU Daniil Kvyat Toro Rosso 1:28.616 +6.850 11
    7. DK Kevin Magnussen Haas F1 no time 5
    8. IT Antonio Giovinazzi Sauber no time 2
    9. GB Jolyon Palmer Renault no time 0
    10. FI Valtteri Bottas Mercedes no time 0
    11. FR Esteban Ocon Force India no time 0

A good view of RedBull

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHS_zF3NqUs
    Streaming right now, no idea if it lasts but there's some on track action to be seen there.
    Many thanks for the link.

Anyone know where I can get stint times? Live stint times?
    Used to have a website, called msfree.gr, but now its no longer up and running.

* Hamilton finally pits. He was still circulating on the tyres which he used to set the fastest lap of the day. He was lapping about 1 - 1.5 seconds off his pace at the end of his stint.
    Update posted on 11:56:11

This is interesting to note. So after he sets a fastest time in his stint, he roughly carries on for +- 14 laps, to which the times drop off by 1.5sec at the end of that stint..........can we read anything into those soft tyres then ??
    Drive it like you stole it!

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    * Hamilton finally pits. He was still circulating on the tyres which he used to set the fastest lap of the day. He was lapping about 1 - 1.5 seconds off his pace at the end of his stint.
    Update posted on 11:56:11

This is interesting to note. So after he sets a fastest time in his stint, he roughly carries on for +- 14 laps, to which the times drop off by 1.5sec at the end of that stint..........can we read anything into those soft tyres then ??
    10:52 It's interesting that Hamilton has produced the fastest time of the day so far at the start of a long run on soft tyres, and it gives us a potential insight into what the Mercedes could be capable with on low fuel. If he did that 1m21.7s with around 80kg of fuel on board that would be worth around 2.4 seconds - so a 21.7s becomes a 19.3s. If he had a race-starting fuel load of closer to 100kg then the potential lap time could be even faster. It's unlikely Mercedes would do a long run like this on a much lower fuel load, as teams need to learn about the tyres when they are under the most stress, and that comes early in a race when the cars are heavy.--Gary Anderson from Autosport

Originally Posted by Gary Anderson
    It’s worrying to see Honda say that there are concerns about its oil tank based on what happened yesterday. To discover an oil tank shape is potentially incorrect suggests something is seriously wrong as normally it only shows up as a pickup problem in fast corners. To discover it on an installation lap at lower speeds suggests it’s a fundamental problem. The oil tank is vital to the engine and something most teams have a very good understanding of and very good test rigs to simulate all the forces and flows. So for McLaren and Honda to come to the first test session with a potential problem is a concern. It seems they are still missing out on the basics.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    10:52 It's interesting that Hamilton has produced the fastest time of the day so far at the start of a long run on soft tyres, and it gives us a potential insight into what the Mercedes could be capable with on low fuel. If he did that 1m21.7s with around 80kg of fuel on board that would be worth around 2.4 seconds - so a 21.7s becomes a 19.3s. If he had a race-starting fuel load of closer to 100kg then the potential lap time could be even faster. It's unlikely Mercedes would do a long run like this on a much lower fuel load, as teams need to learn about the tyres when they are under the most stress, and that comes early in a race when the cars are heavy.--Gary Anderson from Autosport
    1m18.7 for 100 kg according to his calculation

Originally Posted by Gary Anderson
    It’s worrying to see Honda say that there are concerns about its oil tank based on what happened yesterday. To discover an oil tank shape is potentially incorrect suggests something is seriously wrong as normally it only shows up as a pickup problem in fast corners. To discover it on an installation lap at lower speeds suggests it’s a fundamental problem. The oil tank is vital to the engine and something most teams have a very good understanding of and very good test rigs to simulate all the forces and flows. So for McLaren and Honda to come to the first test session with a potential problem is a concern. It seems they are still missing out on the basics.
    And this is really scary, while I do not like McLaren and don't mind to see them in the mid field, I would hate for F1 to loose Honda.

fair enough. But then it leads me to understand that the soft tyres appear to degrade by 1.5 sec over 14 laps with aprox 80kg's of fuel.........( guess what we don't know is if hammi was pushing for all 14 laps either )
    Drive it like you stole it!

I know it's only been two days of testing but why do i have the gut feeling we have something up our sleeves.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    I know it's only been two days of testing but why do i have the gut feeling we have something up our sleeves.
    Its testing only....these cars can easily do in the sub 1:18's on this specific track...if they "dialed up" the engine and push the car...probably won't see that till the last day...maybe

Realistically how good you guys think we look so far?

Hopefully HAAS gets some solid laps in aswell so we can get more engine data

Also In Teds notebook it stated this years engine is 5kg more heavy then last years for reliability purposes

Quote Originally Posted by LivingHitokiri View Post
    for right now....we look good...just get as many laps as you can squeeze in the day....I hope Kimi does 160+ as far as lap count.

any new obvious parts on the car today?

Personally im optimistic, I don't want to draw too many conclusions yet but things are heading in the right direction.

Current lap count:
    Hamilton - 37
    Raikkonen - 29
    Verstappen - 19
    Ocon - 12
    Magnussen - 15
    Stroll - 12
    Kvyat - 25
    Vandoorne - 26
    Giovinazzi - 2

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    fair enough. But then it leads me to understand that the soft tyres appear to degrade by 1.5 sec over 14 laps with aprox 80kg's of fuel.........( guess what we don't know is if hammi was pushing for all 14 laps either )
    He wasn't. He was doing warm lap, cool lap, warm lap, cool lap.

- SF70-H engine must be very good: highest Vmax with medium tires.
    - For the moment SF70-H (mediums) 1 sec slower than W08 (softs)
    - Sandbagging between top teams.
    We look good so far.

Hope the is no lobster on the SF lunch menu, because Raikkonen has only 29 laps so far.

take it these rumours of a "Merc style" nose are false?

Wait for Melbourne...

for right now....we look good...just get as many laps as you can squeeze in the day....I hope Kimi does 160+ as far as lap count.
    160+ laps in testing would be amazing in terms of reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Personally im optimistic, I don't want to draw too many conclusions yet but things are heading in the right direction.
    Im optimistic as well but i want to see some speed.

Kimi out it seems.

160+ laps in testing would be amazing in terms of reliability.

Im optimistic as well but i want to see some speed.
    The cars are harder to drive. I'd be shocked if anyone risks a single driver to do much more than 2 race distances in a day. That is why Merc have split the duties the way they have.
    Forever Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
    He wasn't. He was doing warm lap, cool lap, warm lap, cool lap.
    No
    11:12 Lewis Hamilton’s last run. OUT; 1m21.7s; 1m28.2s; 1m23.1s; 1m23.5s; 1m23.0s; 1m26.2s; 1m23.5s; 1m23.2s; 1m24.5s; 1m24