Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Azerbaijan Grand Prix - Race

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    He is not going to Red Bull or Merc end off. Max is there long term and Merc has their own driver programe. Absolute rubbish you do talk at times.

Max 2 dnf's same as Charles, he also had the DRS issue in Spain maybe you missed his radio..you probably also missed the Max party complaints bout the Monaco strategy...yeah but he has it all easy with no issues haha...Perez already told to not fight and move over etc yeah great for him Charles must be envious of that.....
    Red Bull? No. Mercedes? Oh yeah. Mercedes is looking for their next champion. If they beat Ferrari to second in the WCC and start winning races again, you can bet that if the Mercedes seat looks better, Leclerc will get on the phone to his manager for Hamilton's seat. Mercedes knows he's championship level stuff. They buy out his contract, POOF, he's gone. Too late for apologies. And if that doesn't happen, I'm sure Audi would be willing to pay Leclerc handsomely to develop their car in a few years, and make struggles with them as they mature at least worth his while. Performance and/or **** tons of money change everything in F1. Always have.

You've been warned as to what can happen.

Max 2 dnf's same as Charles, he also had the DRS issue in Spain maybe you missed his radio..you probably also missed the Max party complaints bout the Monaco strategy...yeah but he has it all easy with no issues haha...Perez already told to not fight and move over etc yeah great for him Charles must be envious of that.....
    you are taking those radio and party complaints from Max way too seriously.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Engine development is allowed if it's due to reliability.
    Ferrari already stopped from fixing their reliability issues. I’m not surprised, it’s upsetting that we could be in this position for years to come. Wonder if it were Merc/RedBull would they let them make changes.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/ferrar...bility-repair/
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Ferrari already stopped from fixing their reliability issues. I’m not surprised, it’s upsetting that we could be in this position for years to come. Wonder if it were Merc/RedBull would they let them make changes.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/ferrar...bility-repair/
    IF, and I stress IF, this is indeed Ferrari's Superfast PU, developed by an ex-Mercedes employee, with regards to the split-turbo...then I believe you are correct. Teams experienced these reliability issue from 2014 and 2015.....Renault even longer(with RedBull).

So, again IF is the word, Ferrari still have a ways to go to get the reliability of the new PU up to par....2 years max maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    IF, and I stress IF, this is indeed Ferrari's Superfast PU, developed by an ex-Mercedes employee, with regards to the split-turbo...then I believe you are correct. Teams experienced these reliability issue from 2014 and 2015.....Renault even longer(with RedBull).

So, again IF is the word, Ferrari still have a ways to go to get the reliability of the new PU up to par....2 years max maybe.
    I firmly believe that the extra power coupled with porpoising is behind the engine issues. It's not just a heat issue. Run that engine on the dyno all you want, in a real race with violent porpoising the engine will get beat to death. This is why Mercedes run their engine more conservatively and almost had their own overheating failures at Barcelona.

Find the best setups to minimize porpoising and the engine will last longer.

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    Red Bull? No. Mercedes? Oh yeah. Mercedes is looking for their next champion. If they beat Ferrari to second in the WCC and start winning races again, you can bet that if the Mercedes seat looks better, Leclerc will get on the phone to his manager for Hamilton's seat. Mercedes knows he's championship level stuff. They buy out his contract, POOF, he's gone. Too late for apologies. And if that doesn't happen, I'm sure Audi would be willing to pay Leclerc handsomely to develop their car in a few years, and make struggles with them as they mature at least worth his while. Performance and/or **** tons of money change everything in F1. Always have.

You've been warned as to what can happen.
    hahaha you talk some rubbish. So he is going to leave Ferrari cause not winning a title but then go to Audi to start from scratch hahaha what you smoking?
    Forza Ferrari

you are taking those radio and party complaints from Max way too seriously.
    Again when challenged bout your posts you can't answer, not all plain and easy for Max as you like to paint....and as for Perez haha no2 role confirmed.
    Forza Ferrari

I firmly believe that the extra power coupled with porpoising is behind the engine issues. It's not just a heat issue. Run that engine on the dyno all you want, in a real race with violent porpoising the engine will get beat to death. This is why Mercedes run their engine more conservatively and almost had their own overheating failures at Barcelona.

Find the best setups to minimize porpoising and the engine will last longer.
    Ferrari is asking a request from the FIA to make a reliability case.....not a performance case....due to the engine freeze.

I don't think Ferrari's PU issue is due to the porpoising or heat. It's all about reliability with this new PU called the Superfast. Ferrari will have reliability issues going forward IF, again I stress the word if, that's the case since teams experienced reliability issues from 2014 thru 2015.

Mercedes are running a different cooling system than everyone else because of their no side-pod issue. They are running some space-age cooling mechanism. The reason Mercedes runs their engine more conservatively is because of the porpoising. More engine maps means a higher degree of porpoising because after 8 races, they still have a porpoising issue. Did you see Lewis get out of the car yesterday??......he looked like a geriatric. Where's the wheelchair??? That's my take on it.

Again when challenged bout your posts you can't answer, not all plain and easy for Max as you like to paint....and as for Perez haha no2 role confirmed.
    I did answer just exactly like you did previously(post #329 on page 11 on the same thread)....even though it does'nt fit your narrative. You have your opinion and I have mine. Respect that or not.

I did answer just exactly like you did previously(post #329 on page 11 on the same thread)....even though it does'nt fit your narrative. You have your opinion and I have mine. Respect that or not.
    Your opinion is based on make believe.....big difference.
    Forza Ferrari

Your opinion is based on make believe.....big difference.
    as well as yours regarding said topic. Again my opinion vs your opinion.

LOL....you're funny.....I really like the debate with you.

Ferrari is asking a request from the FIA to make a reliability case.....not a performance case....due to the engine freeze.

I don't think Ferrari's PU issue is due to the porpoising or heat. It's all about reliability with this new PU called the Superfast. Ferrari will have reliability issues going forward IF, again I stress the word if, that's the case since teams experienced reliability issues from 2014 thru 2015.

Mercedes are running a different cooling system than everyone else because of their no side-pod issue. They are running some space-age cooling mechanism. The reason Mercedes runs their engine more conservatively is because of the porpoising. More engine maps means a higher degree of porpoising because after 8 races, they still have a porpoising issue. Did you see Lewis get out of the car yesterday??......he looked like a geriatric. Where's the wheelchair??? That's my take on it.
    The engine penalties won't really be a big deal. Leclerc is good enough and the car is fast enough to go by McLaren, Renault, and Mercedes with ease with extra 2 tenths of it being fresh. The LDF RW will help on the straights at Canada and Silverstone, and I expect that after a race or two of the engine being fresh the team will run the PU in conservative mappings for another race or so, so then start fresh and do it all over again.

Mercedes showed last year it can be done. Different circumstances, yes, but it can be done. Of course, it is Ferrari.

hahaha you talk some rubbish. So he is going to leave Ferrari cause not winning a title but then go to Audi to start from scratch hahaha what you smoking?
    I'm smoking reality. You should try some. It's healthy for you.

The engine penalties won't really be a big deal. Leclerc is good enough and the car is fast enough to go by McLaren, Renault, and Mercedes with ease with extra 2 tenths of it being fresh. The LDF RW will help on the straights at Canada and Silverstone, and I expect that after a race or two of the engine being fresh the team will run the PU in conservative mappings for another race or so, so then start fresh and do it all over again.

Mercedes showed last year it can be done. Different circumstances, yes, but it can be done. Of course, it is Ferrari.
    [bolded area] I hope your right.....but looking back at history with regards to the start of the turbo-hybrid ear....I remain pessimistic for the time being.

I'm smoking reality. You should try some. It's healthy for you.
    No you are making up fantasy just to stamp your feet on the internet.

Tell you what if Charles goes to Merc I will close the forum for good
    Forza Ferrari

as well as yours regarding said topic. Again my opinion vs your opinion.

LOL....you're funny.....I really like the debate with you.
    You are the one saying Max has no issues....2 DNF, stragegy mess at Monaco, DRS ranting on radio....yeah no issues for your boy Max.
    Forza Ferrari

You are the one saying Max has no issues....2 DNF, stragegy mess at Monaco, DRS ranting on radio....yeah no issues for your boy Max.
    Again, your making things up. I never said Max had no issues did I? Do I need to re-read or text the post again for you?? (Post #362 page 13).

Mercedes are going to the FIA regarding making changes due to the porpoising issue. WHY????? Because the 7x WDC title holder is having back problems??

One team seems to have it fixed (porpoising).......too bad for the other teams if they still haven't fixed it. Go back to the drawing boards and figure it out.

No you are making up fantasy just to stamp your feet on the internet.

Tell you what if Charles goes to Merc I will close the forum for good
    I didn't say Charles would, I said it can happen if Ferrari fails continues to not give him the car he can win a title in.

I didn't say Charles would, I said it can happen if Ferrari fails continues to not give him the car he can win a title in.
    Merc could also leave the sport once they stop winning...probably more likely. Charles has very little options really, he can off course step down the grid and not be in with any chance.
    Forza Ferrari

Merc could also leave the sport once they stop winning...probably more likely. Charles has very little options really, he can off course step down the grid and not be in with any chance.
    I don't think Mercedes will fully withdraw, but they'll likely stop supporting Williams soon, and make them go to Honda/Red Bull or Renault for engines. It will also help them when Hamilton is gone and they no longer have to pay his outdated salary.

When thing in Charles favor is that top 6 are virtually unchanged each week. Mercedes are way down from Ferrari speed wise, and with the LDF RW and fresh PU, he should be able to blow by them, get waived by Sainz, and then be able to have chance against the Red Bull's.

I think the porpoising isn't doing our engine good.

RB had 2 DNF's too when they didn't have their new anti-porpoise suspension.

I think all that bouncing isn't doing us good either. We must fix the porpoising first, then the rest will follow!
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    I think the porpoising isn't doing our engine good.

RB had 2 DNF's too when they didn't have their new anti-porpoise suspension.

I think all that bouncing isn't doing us good either. We must fix the porpoising first, then the rest will follow!
    Nope. It isn't. And the factory has taken its sweet time getting a suspension worth a **** to solve it.

Signed contract till end of 2024 says it all, and possible already signed extension to end of 2026 says more.

But you will know better off course. Maybe he is not a whiny spoilt brat like so many on here.
    Like no contract in the history of F1 has ever been broke. Dude, you’re hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Sure, but I would not base our hypercar performance on this luck. You can't depend on luck. It may help you from time to time, but it's not a thing you design a car around. Our cars had no pace at Le Mans and we are an unamanaged and unreliable embarrassment in F1. That's what you can base the "performance" on. And that doesn't bode well. But then again... we could be lucky, right?
    Yeah, clearly you don't know the rules of GT cars in Le Mans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balance_of_performance

It's one thing to criticize the team and actually make good points, but you're just embarassing yourself here most the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    Yeah, clearly you don't know the rules of GT cars in Le Mans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balance_of_performance

It's one thing to criticize the team and actually make good points, but you're just embarassing yourself here most the time.
    I'm confused. Isn't Ferrari joining the hypercar class for 2023??.....along with Peugeot, Porsche and Cadillac....and not the GT class like GT PRO and GT AM. As far as I'm concerned there's 4 classes of series at LeMans--> Hypercar, LMP2, GT PRO, and GT AM.

I'm confused. Isn't Ferrari joining the hypercar class for 2023??.....along with Peugeot, Porsche and Cadillac....and not the GT class like GT PRO and GT AM. As far as I'm concerned there's 4 classes of series at LeMans--> Hypercar, LMP2, GT PRO, and GT AM.
    yes, but right now Ferrari 488's are racing in GT. and the guy i was replying to was using the 488's poor showing in Le Mans last weekend as proof that Ferrari is a joke. Yet he completely ignored the balance of power rules, which pegged Ferrari back after a very strong showing last year.

The 488 didn't change, the handicap system did.

red bull don't need to push their cars as long as they stay ahead of MERC they just sit back and wait for us to blow up or us to fall for the dummies red bull pull it's easy ! All they have done is pick up our broken pieces and are coasting to a WDC and C championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    yes, but right now Ferrari 488's are racing in GT. and the guy i was replying to was using the 488's poor showing in Le Mans last weekend as proof that Ferrari is a joke. Yet he completely ignored the balance of power rules, which pegged Ferrari back after a very strong showing last year.

The 488 didn't change, the handicap system did.
    I get all that but those are independent teams like AF Corsa and so forth. Those aren't Ferrari teams.

So back to my point, it will be 50 years since Ferrari, as a team, has been at LeMans and next year they are joining the hypercar class. They are going up against some formidable teams like Toyota Gazoo Racing and Porsche.