Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1032

Thread: 2018 Baku GP: Race

With SS as Q3 tyres, I expect us to be very strong in Spain. Mercedes might have again problems with their tyres, as Barcelona is a track with very high tyre wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    If what you just described gets Seb on the podium like Kimi, why not? Seb on pole doesn't seem to help, being up front , no help. He needs to go to RB and Max to Ferrari. Being a Kimi fan still qualifies as being a Ferrari fan !! Just like when Rubens was with Ferrari , a Rubens fan was still a Ferrari fan. This place i great !!!
    I was and am a big Kimi fan. Unfortunately I think he has become apathetic. Still has flashes of the old Kimi, but i don't see the same fire as he had, especially on his non-existent defence of position and half hearted overtaking attempts. Rubens was one of the best #2's the sport has seen. I agree being a KImi or Ruben's fan means you are still a Ferrari fan if they are driving for us.... but when the time has come to hang up the helmet, better not to extend your career much further because it probably won't get better.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Alonso is a bitter sweet type of person his best days are behind him and as every race passes so does his career in his day he was brilliant.

You nailed a point there!

What a tool!!!! Back at you Lewis Baku 2017.

Hamilton says Vettel broke safety car rules in Baku

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...u-1032302/?s=1

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    People also say that Alonso would be good in that Ferrari. That's the biggest joke of 21st century , why wasn't Ferrari able to develop a race winning capable car when he was in Ferrari? Because he is not a team builder. Vettel came and transformed Ferrari into a race winning capable team. And Alonso can never match the pace shown by Vettel. Alonso is a slow qualifier, if he was in Vettel's place in Baku, it would be a Mercedes front row lockout on Saturday.

Forza Vettel!
    Blaming Fernando Alonso for Ferrari's inability to develop the best package is the biggest joke of the century! If anyone's a team builder, it's Sergio Marchionne! The only thing Vettel has on Alonso is his ability to positively interact with the people within the team. He's not the engineer!

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    What a tool!!!! Back at you Lewis Baku 2017.

Hamilton says Vettel broke safety car rules in Baku

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...u-1032302/?s=1
    This.... I don' know what to say not to offend the rules of bad language... he is so.... Ahhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    I was and am a big Kimi fan. Unfortunately I think he has become apathetic. Still has flashes of the old Kimi, but i don't see the same fire as he had, especially on his non-existent defence of position and half hearted overtaking attempts. Rubens was one of the best #2's the sport has seen. I agree being a KImi or Ruben's fan means you are still a Ferrari fan if they are driving for us.... but when the time has come to hang up the helmet, better not to extend your career much further because it probably won't get better.
    Everything you said makes sense, Kimi still manages the podium ,2nd place! Maybe his overtaking attempts are what's happening now a days . Dan vs. Max whole hearted and then some, show not so good results, except for fan excitement! He IMO has so much experience knowing that defending his position has a lot to do with patience [not sleeping! ] gets him in the top 4 and a podium or two. Did you think Shumy should have hung up his helmet and not go to Merc at the time? I believe he needed that chance to beat Ayrton's pole record. And he did.
    As long as there's no injuries, I watch the races as more exciting than ever! And forget Lewis, Seb, Dan, Max, Bottas," The quiet man is where it's at !! " Engine Hp is where it's at ! Brawn is a bum!

New RedBull Logo.....(notice the bulls)....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DcBGNQsWkAAWu2G.jpg

Max testing new parts for the Spanish GP...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DcJUEqSVwAAFUef.jpg

Max testing new parts for the Spanish GP...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DcJUEqSVwAAFUef.jpg
    very good apt as well

Forza Jules

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/12...-braking-zones

so... the rule was brought in because crashstappen made DANGEROUS moves on... if I recall KIMI... and the very next race SEB was penalized under the banner of this rule... and now that MAX did it again...(sorry Britney fans..) the rule has been scrapped...
    Do I sense that the ones who got screwed by this have ONLY been FERRARI?????

FIA is REALLY testing my resolve of late... I am seriously contemplating getting rid of SKY and stop watching F1... this is really coming close to that happening.... so Ģ$%@$ sad.....

В Ferrari надеялись, что этого не произойдет, но различные варианты стратегий – один из факторов, за счет которых можно что-то предпринять. На самом деле довольно сложно контролировать ход гонки, потому что с одной стороны вы пытаетесь избежать Ŧподрезкиŧ, а с другой должны учитывать возможное появление автомобиля безопасности – невозможно сделать и то, и то. Именно в такие моменты и появляются возможности у тех, кто занимает второе место.

Если бы на трассе не появился автомобиль безопасности, мы бы провели пит-стоп примерно за десять кругов до финиша, поставив Валттери UltraSoft. Состав SuperSoft не сильно деградировал, так что мы могли столь долго оставаться на трассе, сколько хотели. За эти 10 кругов у нас было бы достаточно времени, чтобы догнать Себастьяна и побороться с ним за победуŧ.

I read this article from f1news.ru Mercedes say that if there not SC they can change tires to ultrasoft and can catch the Ferrari because supersoft tires degratation is low they can stay at track hom many time they want.But i think if SC not came Seb will win very easyly because till 41 lap they cant come closer to us under +4 secods.

Quote Originally Posted by farid-baku View Post
    В Ferrari надеялись, что этого не произойдет, но различные варианты стратегий – один из факторов, за счет которых можно что-то предпринять. На самом деле довольно сложно контролировать ход гонки, потому что с одной стороны вы пытаетесь избежать Ŧподрезкиŧ, а с другой должны учитывать возможное появление автомобиля безопасности – невозможно сделать и то, и то. Именно в такие моменты и появляются возможности у тех, кто занимает второе место.

Если бы на трассе не появился автомобиль безопасности, мы бы провели пит-стоп примерно за десять кругов до финиша, поставив Валттери UltraSoft. Состав SuperSoft не сильно деградировал, так что мы могли столь долго оставаться на трассе, сколько хотели. За эти 10 кругов у нас было бы достаточно времени, чтобы догнать Себастьяна и побороться с ним за победуŧ.

I read this article from f1news.ru Mercedes say that if there not SC they can change tires to ultrasoft and can catch the Ferrari because supersoft tires degratation is low they can stay at track hom many time they want.But i think if SC not came Seb will win very easyly because till 41 lap they cant come closer to us under +4 secods.
    Mercedes has way better tyre care then ferrari it seems, everytime it comes to end of a stint for ferrari seb is struggling and had to pit much much earlier as he was losing time, Mercs are able to go fastest lap range near there end of stints, everytime merc intend to pit their pace is supreme, bottas was 12secs ahead of seb with 13~15 laps to go and was setting fastest laps along with redbull, enough to put the US on and win. Mercs at spain will have such a giant power/aero boost i just know is coming, they ironed out there car their last year and become unbeatable compared to melbourne. i hope at the least ferrari can have an upgrade to help keep life in the tyres to allow better strategies, mercs better tyre life gives them options to box seb up if he ever gets ahead.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Everything you said makes sense, Kimi still manages the podium ,2nd place! Maybe his overtaking attempts are what's happening now a days . Dan vs. Max whole hearted and then some, show not so good results, except for fan excitement! He IMO has so much experience knowing that defending his position has a lot to do with patience [not sleeping! ] gets him in the top 4 and a podium or two. Did you think Shumy should have hung up his helmet and not go to Merc at the time? I believe he needed that chance to beat Ayrton's pole record. And he did.
    As long as there's no injuries, I watch the races as more exciting than ever! And forget Lewis, Seb, Dan, Max, Bottas," The quiet man is where it's at !! " Engine Hp is where it's at ! Brawn is a bum!

Well there would be one hell of a show if everyone drove like Kimi did at Baku.

I see some people are saying Vettel should have waited to make a move, those people should know that Ferrari was running more downforce and as a result was slower on the straights than Mercedes, Red Bull and Force India. If Vettel didn't attempt a move, he would have been overtaken by Lewis anyway on the next lap. Another thing they say is that Vettel was ahead of Hamilton and should've stayed there. It's the 4th race of the season and Vettel shouldn't go for the win? That is known as a loser attitude. I'm very happy that Seb went for the win.

People also say that Alonso would be good in that Ferrari. That's the biggest joke of 21st century , why wasn't Ferrari able to develop a race winning capable car when he was in Ferrari? Because he is not a team builder. Vettel came and transformed Ferrari into a race winning capable team. And Alonso can never match the pace shown by Vettel. Alonso is a slow qualifier, if he was in Vettel's place in Baku, it would be a Mercedes front row lockout on Saturday.

Forza Vettel!

Please tell us how Alonso messed up the Ferrari wind tunnel and race strategies too.

Was away for the weekend to a Vintage and modern classics car rally. Had recorded the race and avoided all forms of news and updates and even social networking websites so i could come back and watch the race the way i want to.
    Reactions-
    Very entertaining race! God knows, F1 needs this.
    By the end of last year, i was saying Max V is the next best thing in F1. Being disappointed every race by how reckless the kid is and how he is not learning from past mistakes. Though the Ricciardo crash cannot be apportioned entirely to him, he did drive rather callously and without respect. I do hope he starts to learn and realise his potential.
    LH got mightly lucky with the win, but his subdued celebration clearly shows he recognises it and would rather win the race than be gifted it. Which is nice, considering what a brat he is said to be.
    I feel for Bottas. He shud have won this. He never seems to have luck. A little bit like Massa. Will he be relegated as a forever no.2?
    I didnt watch quali, so dont know why Kimi was not really in the fight. He lucked it too, but brownie points to him for patiently waiting and stringing along.
    Seb has only himself to blame for the loss. But he is right, this year we have a car that can win a head to head battle with the merc. Nothing to moan about. Just yet.
    Lets hope we dont fall back in the development war that will start now.
    Looking forward to the spanish GP.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Well there would be one hell of a show if everyone drove like Kimi did at Baku.
    For sure! But there's only room for 3 on the podium. Someone needs to tell that to Max & Dan! Red Bull would have saved a few bucks on repairs also.

Renault is expecting its Formula 1 engine to get a performance boost from next week's Spanish Grand Prix thanks to an upgrade from fuel supplier BP.

AND

According to #AMuS the MCL33 B-Spec car that we will see in Barcelona will have: new deflectors under Nose, new bargeboards, new engine cover, new floor, new rear wing.

Renault is expecting its Formula 1 engine to get a performance boost from next week's Spanish Grand Prix thanks to an upgrade from fuel supplier BP.

AND

According to #AMuS the MCL33 B-Spec car that we will see in Barcelona will have: new deflectors under Nose, new bargeboards, new engine cover, new floor, new rear wing.
    All major teams plan their upgrades for Spain. Which gives directives related to performance for the rest of the season.
    Hope we too have some upgrades in pipeline.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Mercedes has way better tyre care then ferrari it seems, everytime it comes to end of a stint for ferrari seb is struggling and had to pit much much earlier as he was losing time, Mercs are able to go fastest lap range near there end of stints, everytime merc intend to pit their pace is supreme, bottas was 12secs ahead of seb with 13~15 laps to go and was setting fastest laps along with redbull, enough to put the US on and win. Mercs at spain will have such a giant power/aero boost i just know is coming, they ironed out there car their last year and become unbeatable compared to melbourne. i hope at the least ferrari can have an upgrade to help keep life in the tyres to allow better strategies, mercs better tyre life gives them options to box seb up if he ever gets ahead.
    lol. I'm all for constructive criticism but this is pure negativity. Mercedes do not have way 'better tyre care' in any way. The Ferrari can turn on its tyres in any conditions during quali as we've seen (cold, hot, windy) much better than the mercs and when we were on Pole at Bahrain, you said it was due to the high temps and when we did it again in China, you said it was because it was cold (and that the mercs were set up for hot temps in the race :)). Any chance we could provide some positive vibes for our engineers and drivers who've laid the base for a strong car?

Have you forgotten how Seb did the number of laps he did in Bahrain on that set of tyres to win the race? There was nothing in the race in China and Azerbaijan that suggests the Mercs have better tyre care. In China, we were evenly matched and got undercut due to a slow stop and a fast Bottas outlap on new tyres. In Azerbaijan, the Mercs had no answer to Seb during the first stint and only laps Bottas was quicker was when the soft tyres were getting up to temps compared to used US which had good life there (as demonstrated by the pace of the Red Bulls during the same period). You 'know' Mercs will have a giant power/aero boost while you expect our team to just have been sitting there not doing anything? C'mon man, we've taken 3 poles in 4 races and lost the last 2 largely due to SC inteference. We'll be there raring to go in Spain!

I had again a dream this night that Seb won the next race with Hamilton having an DNF. I swear it.

Quote Originally Posted by icedeepan View Post
    lol.

our team to just have been sitting there not doing anything? C'mon man, we've taken 3 poles in 4 races and lost the last 2 largely due to SC inteference. We'll be there raring to go in Spain!
    I wish i could be positive man just the last few results for poor seb has made me expect the worse now. pole is cursed if you ferrari or seb.

now that bottas has game changing pit strategies. its going to be even harder now. I still hope Seb wins in spain though, even if its just through luck again lol
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

I hope we can get a win in Spain and I can enjoy it on the new F1 TV Pro thing! [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    I hope we can get a win in Spain and I can enjoy it on the new F1 TV Pro thing! [emoji16]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6c4c404ef3.jpg

How much is it? And please let u know if its worth it

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    How much is it? And please let u know if its worth it
    7.99€ per month. We’ll see if it’s worth it next race.

I wish i could be positive man just the last few results for poor seb has made me expect the worse now. pole is cursed if you ferrari or seb.

now that bottas has game changing pit strategies. its going to be even harder now. I still hope Seb wins in spain though, even if its just through luck again lol
    Not a word here about Kimi taking pole and wnning? He is not in on the curse!

Not a word here about Kimi taking pole and wnning? He is not in on the curse!
    I am rooting for Kimi. Its most likely his last season. He deserves a couple of wins.
    Silently, like a shadow

Forza Vettel!
    get off the weed dude!
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6c4c404ef3.jpg

interesting, i hope it gets cheaper lol and that there's an option that covers few races not just 1 for that cost

interesting, i hope it gets cheaper lol and that there's an option that covers few races not just 1 for that cost
    I doubt it can get any cheaper and it’s a monthly cost. There are at least two races per month.