Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Emilia Romagna (Imola) GP - Race Thread

Well that was disappointing.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

A rather disappointing race for us.
    Looking back at the replay, Charles was very lucky the car could still carry on for some damage limitation.

Hope both drivers come back strongly next race.

Charles has a habit of taking too much curb in chicanes. Has paid for it now on more than once occasion. He has to start learning now before it's too late. We have a championship winning car and are still competitive despite a lack of upgrades but you can't be so shortsighted like he was today.

Luck also played a role today. Perez made two mistakes but saved by no DRS.

Charles was trying too to get the DRS and misjudged, it happens.

According to Carlos, the car in wind tunnel is quite a bit better than the current car. Which is to be expected since Ferrari haven't brought any major upgrades.

Hopefully the PU2 and the new aero parts will give us a big jump in performance.

Hopefully we'll dominate Miami with a new floor and a new PU for Charles at the back and make this the one blip. Having said that, after fourteen years of endless disasters I'm pessimistic until I see it.

We need to regroup and refocus to make sure we don't let a good start go to waste. It's too early to panic but the team must take some hard lessons from this weekend to make sure we get stronger from here.

A real pity about Charles. He also needs to learn from this and hopefully not make similar mistakes later on when it counts the most.

Carlos needs to get his act together.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Luck also played a role today. Perez made two mistakes but saved by because of no DRS.

According to Carlos, the car in wind tunnel is quite a bit better than the current car. Which is to be expected since Ferrari haven't brought any major upgrades.

Hopefully the PU2 and the new aero parts will give us a big jump in performance.
    MB need to regroup including drivers & have a plan to counter.

I see RB brining upgrades almost every race so far. Not sure where is cost cap? Even next race they are brining something.

The only positive out of this race was.... Russell 4th, where was the supposed goat , �� baaaad day....

Very bad performance from the whole team. Let's go next race.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post

I see RB brining upgrades almost every race so far. Not sure where is cost cap? Even next race they are brining something.
    How can Red Bull bring updates every race without breaking the cost max budget ?

I don't understand Charles' thinking. Clearly RB were faster on this track, so just settle for a solid P3.

Yeah luck plays a role but in general RB was just a touch faster today and that happens and will happen from race to race over the course of a season. I just think Charles can be too aggressive with kerbs sometimes and when you are doing that in chicanes...well I just have flashbacks of Monaco, Baku castle section and now today.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post

That's the problem, we bring nothing... They will be faster in Miami as well

What a ****sh0w! SAI, well, you make your own luck and LEC, Threw away a nailed on third place.
    Last edited by Rob; 24th April 2022 at 15:23.
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by Riccardog View Post
    The only positive out of this race was.... Russell 4th, where was the supposed goat , �� baaaad day....
    Sorry but who the **** gives a monkey's about Mercedes? They're not going to win anything this year - and neither will we if we keep making schoolboy errors!

Third place in the bag, albeit behind a very average Perez, yet we bin it! Absolutely #fewmin!

I was expecting a good weekend for us, where I can concentrate on my work for next week. But this result disturbed me a lot

Not sure how’s my work going to be next week.

I was expecting a good weekend for us, where I can concentrate on my work for next week. But this result disturbed me a lot

Not sure how’s my work going to be next week.

Well, the officials handed last year's WDC to Max, looks like they're trying to let him have another one..

DRS enabled at the right time would have allowed LEC to challenge PER.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I don't understand Charles' thinking. Clearly RB were faster on this track, so just settle for a solid P3.
    You'd think so..

They were faster on a track that suit our car

Quote Originally Posted by drax View Post
    How can Red Bull bring updates every race without breaking the cost max budget ?
    That’s my question too..!! Their first major upgrade was Bahrain next Australia & now this one.

Also I’m worried about RB powerful engine.

We should fire everyone !!! Drivers, Team everyone, fire everyone !!!!

Amazing how this works it’s like clockwork, you guys should have lived through Formula 1 in the 80s or 90s like I did.

Calm down we had a bad race it happens, even in the early 2000s we had bad races. Ferrari is leading both championships, has done 0 upgrades.

Contrary to what you believe with a budget limit not having done upgrades yet means we can bring more than other teams in the future

Noone can do to you what you could do alone to yourself.

If you’re not first, you’re last.

Quote Originally Posted by drax View Post
    We should fire everyone !!! Drivers, Team everyone, fire everyone !!!!

Amazing how this works it’s like clockwork, you guys should have lived through Formula 1 in the 80s or 90s like I did.

Calm down we had a bad race it happens, even in the early 2000s we had bad races. Ferrari is leading both championships, has done 0 upgrades.

Contrary to what you believe with a budget limit not having done upgrades yet means we can bring more than other teams in the future
    Schoolboy errors!

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    They were faster on a track that suit our car
    The cold weather suited their car. Meant they didn't overheat their rears which they otherwise have done.

The need to bring a solution to the floor so they can stop the porpoising, lower the car and unload the rear wing so they can use their car top speed at a maximum potential.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRSMAD View Post
    The need to bring a solution to the floor so they can stop the porpoising, lower the car and unload the rear wing so they can use their car top speed at a maximum potential.
    Yes but we will not solve this problem in the near future

I hope next race Ferrari brings their wind tunnel to the race, as Sainz said there's a better car inside.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Flashbacks from Singapore 2017 and Germany 2018. Just 4 races into the season and already it's falling apart. I hate to say it but both Ferrari drivers are too error prone. I thought Charles had grown out of making such silly mistakes but apparently not. Mistakes like that can be extremely costly at the end of the season. Why can't Ferrari have just ONE season without any unnecessary drama? We finally have a really fast championship contender car and still we find new ways to make it more difficult for ourselves than it has to be. Hopefully Ferrari can bounce back in Miami with another strong performance.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI