Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Abu Dhabi 2021 Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Lewis's dad congratulating Max and Jos......very respectful and nice to see.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Lewis's dad congratulating Max and Jos......very respectful and nice to see.
    Hamilton's family is a class above of Jos "the wife beater" Verstappen.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Totally agree..!!

Wow, Masi standing up to Toto saying we go to race!
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

I'll agree with that. Jos is no saint off the track.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

F1 has become a joke with such rules tweaks race by race

Let me start by saying that I equally despise both Hamilton and Verstappen, but what the hell was that? Only letting the lapped cars positioned between Verstappen and Hamilton unlap themselves? Not waiting for them to rejoin the pack? What is this? WWE? This was ridiculous. And again, I'm by no means a Hamilton fan, quite the contrary, but this is some next level BS.

Maxi laying down the "law" to Toto.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Wow, Masi standing up to Toto saying we go to race!
    It’s controversial decision not just allowing to race but only 3 cars were allowed to lap . Where there are other cars left to be allowed.
    Surprisingly just after they passed safety car, they thrower safety car ending. Shows F1

Quote Originally Posted by Red is Best View Post
    Let me start by saying that I equally despise both Hamilton and Verstappen, but what the hell was that? Only letting the lapped cars positioned between Verstappen and Hamilton unlap themselves? Not waiting for them to rejoin the pack? What is this? WWE? This was ridiculous. And again, I'm by no means a Hamilton fan, quite the contrary, but this is some next level .
    Same as Hamilton getting a 10s penalty in Silverstone.
    Karma finally paying its dues
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Merc lost this race by playing it too safe refusing to pit Lewis twice
    IMO this is how RB won the title today
    Both ocassions they would have lost track position to Max.

But they should have gone. RB done opposite to Mercs. If Mercs would have pitted, then RB - Max wouldn’t have trigger that pit stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Red is Best View Post
    Let me start by saying that I equally despise both Hamilton and Verstappen, but what the hell was that? Only letting the lapped cars positioned between Verstappen and Hamilton unlap themselves? Not waiting for them to rejoin the pack? What is this? WWE? This was ridiculous. And again, I'm by no means a Hamilton fan, quite the contrary, but this is some next level BS.
    F1 has always been like the WWE. Rules are pretty clear but the stewards and the FIA hardly follow it. Forcing someone off the track doesn't earn you a penalty, Brake testing means only 10-seconds penalty and not letting the unlapped cars to joint the queue etc etc...

But this year's championship fight takes the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    It’s controversial decision not just allowing to race but only 3 cars were allowed to lap . Where there are other cars left to be allowed.
    Surprisingly just after they passed safety car, they thrower safety car ending. Shows F1
    Yup, as silly as it gets. But that’s been F1 for the last 8 years. Rules change by the minute to the benefit of Mercedes and Hamilton. So what goes around comes around I guess. Bespoke regulations, rules, tires, tracks, penalties all for the favour of Merc. Eventually it has to go another way right?

Let’s hope this ends Merc-Ham dominance and Ferrari destroys the competition next year and onward!!
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

But I do feel for Charles, so many bad lucks this year. SF or VSC, nothing has gone his way this year.

But what goes around comes around. Hopefully his luck will shine next year.
    He’s lacking race pace, he should work out next year on that. Where as Sainz always manages his tyres in race. That’s why he’s close to leclerc. Anyways it’s good to see both driving those wheels of the car.

Waiting for next year, should give max/ham run for their money.

Leclerc: "not my best race. Thank you anyway."
    Binotto: "we're going to have fun next year - you too, you'll see. You were very unlucky this season."

Aye Mattia, aye... #AbuDhabiGP
    ???
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

As Greig said this is one way overdue KARMA for 2008! It could not come at better time

Today is a day, in UFC the underdog wins, in F1 the RB is not the underdog but it's suits my day no more LH and TOTO MERCFIA! thanks williams.

PRICELESS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Yup, as silly as it gets. But that’s been F1 for the last 8 years. Rules change by the minute to the benefit of Mercedes and Hamilton. So what goes around comes around I guess. Bespoke regulations, rules, tires, tracks, penalties all for the favour of Merc. Eventually it has to go another way right?

Let’s hope this ends Merc-Ham dominance and Ferrari destroys the competition next year and onward!!
    Yup, everyone in paddock considering Ferrari should have advantage next year by giving away 2 years for next year car.

Let’s see…. I hope Charles leclerc or Sainz is the name I want to hear as “2022 WDC” & get that constructors as we have two strong drivers.

Yup, everyone in paddock considering Ferrari should have advantage next year by giving away 2 years for next year car.

Let’s see…. I hope Charles leclerc or Sainz is the name I want to hear as “2022 WDC” & get that constructors as we have two strong drivers.

He’s lacking race pace, he should work out next year on that. Where as Sainz always manages his tyres in race. That’s why he’s close to leclerc. Anyways it’s good to see both driving those wheels of the car.

Waiting for next year, should give max/ham run for their money.
    I don't think Charles is lacking race pace. Charles is way ahead of Sainz in head-head when both finished the race.

But Sainz bagged up 4 podiums when Charles only scored one point. One was a DNS, two of them were DNFs and today was a bad strategy call from Ferrari by pitting under the VSC.

Only his luck needs to change. And Ferrari needs to give him a car like the Red Bull or the Mercedes.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    ???
    Mattia giving high hopes next season

I don't think Charles is lacking race pace. Charles is way ahead of Sainz in head-head when both finished the race.

But Sainz bagged up 4 podiums when Charles only scored one point. One them is a DNS, two of them are DNF and today was a bad strategy call from Ferrari by pitting under the VSC.

Both drivers were unlucky… Sainz too had very very slow pit stops considering his finishes few times.
    But anyways both are solid drivers & consistent for our team. That’s what we need.

Now it’s up to Mattia & team to give Charles & Sainz a good strong car.
    I need Max vs Leclerc very badly. There is some unfinished business for Leclerc to give it back to Max.

Only his luck needs to change. And Ferrari needs to give a car like the Red Bull or the Mercedes.

LH: THIS IS UNBELIVABLE MAN for the Williams crash and the SC!

Michael's record of five consecutive titles (and with one team) is safe for now as well

The objective of letting lapped cars past is to allow the leaders to race.
    If it was safe to let them race for 1 lap, then it was the right thing to do. Rather than unnecessarily waiting for lapped cars to catch up which they won't anyway due to the number of laps left, and end the race in SC.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    PRICELESS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    ???
    But Binotto is completely correct with is assessment. Let's see:

Lost an easy podium in Imola because of the red flag
    DNS in Monaco
    Lost a win Silverstone, again because of the red flag which allowed Ham to fix up his car
    Gets taken out by Stroll in Hungary, otherwise would've been P2 at the end of the 1st lap
    Started from the back in Russia and was running P4 before the rain hit, gambled like Norris and lost an easy top 4 finish
    Again lost an easy podium in Turkey, because both him and Ferrari gambled for the win rather than securing an easy podium finish
    Would've finished P3 in Saudi, but again the red flag screwed him over
    Pitted under the VSC today but again his gamble backfired, unlike other instances when drivers pitted under the VSC pretty much always benefited

And if you say that DNS in Monaco was his fault then you should also consider that, Sainz crashed in Hungary qualifying as well and started from P15. But he finished P3 in that race while Charles got take out at the first corner.

So yeah...Charles had absolute rotten luck this year. His P7 standing doesn't reflect his performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    The objective of letting lapped cars past is to allow the leaders to race.
    If it was safe to let them race for 1 lap, then it was the right thing to do. Rather than unnecessarily waiting for lapped cars to catch up which they won't anyway due to the number of laps left, and end the race in SC.
    According to sporting Reg it’s not. Race directors should also follow Reg’s right?

Next point is … first they said “lapped cars shouldn’t be allowed” which is wrong… then they reversed their decision to “only 3 cars to be allowed” which is also wrong. If second one is right, then 1st one should also be right. ??