Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Abu Dhabi FP/ Qualy thread

Kimi Raikkonen: “It was a pretty good qualifying, the car has behaved well all day. Today we went a lot faster than we had been in practice, we did our best and it was almost enough for third place, but my last lap was not perfect in some places. It’s hard to say if we’ll be able to fight with the Mercedes tomorrow: usually in race conditions we are a bit closer, but I’m sure they will also be very strong. Tomorrow we can only do our best, we’ll try to make a good start and then we’ll see.”

Sebastian Vettel: “I’m not really happy with the result. I was struggling a bit with the balance of the car to start with. In the end it was good, but then in the last lap I had a bit of a messy last sector. I saw a bit of smoke from Verstappen ahead, enough to lose a bit of concentration. After this morning we were expecting a bit more, not really to fight the Mercedes, but to beat Red Bulls. I don’t think we were any slower, but we didn’t get the lap together when it mattered, probably we were a bit on the aggressive side trying to anticipate the track conditions. For tomorrow it should be positive, for tonight it was a bit too much. Otherwise the car feels good, we managed to improve it today. Mercedes are a bit far away, but we hope to get ahead and be in front of Red Bulls tomorrow. We are on the softer compound, which should give us an advantage off the line and for the first lap.”
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    :)) thats a little harsh on Seb, we were all happy with his qualy last year werent we?
    yeah, i guess i was a LITTLE harsh on him; he's normally/usually a good qualifier and maybe, JUST maybe he was that much better last year given that KIMI was never really used to the front PULL ROD suspension teh 2015 car had, hence Seb was a better qualifier last year in comparison to KIMI....who knows, i'm just making WILD assumtions here.

but eversince they went to PUSH ROD front suspension this year, we've deffenately seen a different KIMI when it comes to PURE pace on either QUALI and RACE....so who knows, maybe that's why KIMI is shining this year.

but what do i know?? right??? i'm only a guy watcihng the TV and making assumptions.....LOLOLOL

maybe Seb just kind of had enough of this mule of a car we call SF16-H and he doesn't push 120% anymore and can't hardly wait for next season just like ME....he, he...

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    yeah, i guess i was a LITTLE harsh on him; he's normally/usually a good qualifier and maybe, JUST maybe he was that much better last year given that KIMI was never really used to the front PULL ROD suspension teh 2015 car had, hence Seb was a better qualifier last year in comparison to KIMI....who knows, i'm just making WILD assumtions here.

but eversince they went to PUSH ROD front suspension this year, we've deffenately seen a different KIMI when it comes to PURE pace on either QUALI and RACE....so who knows, maybe that's why KIMI is shining this year.

but what do i know?? right??? i'm only a guy watcihng the TV and making assumptions.....LOLOLOL

maybe Seb just kind of had enough of this mule of a car we call SF16-H and he doesn't push 120% anymore and can't hardly wait for next season just like ME....he, he...
    :)) we all are looking forward to next year mate, if it wasnt for all the reliability problems and bad luck this might have been decent year also. Its not the drivers, its the car, that is why i dont think Seb has lost anything, just Kimi gained something. We sacrificed reliability for more speed and we got none, that is how i will remember this year...

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    :)) we all are looking forward to next year mate, if it wasnt for all the reliability problems and bad luck this might have been decent year also. Its not the drivers, its the car, that is why i dont think Seb has lost anything, just Kimi gained something. We sacrificed reliability for more speed and we got none, that is how i will remember this year...
    Simply it is going to be remembered as yet another without a single win. Way to soon since the last one was only in 2014....

I've spent the last half hour reading the comments of butthurt Hamilton fans. It's really entertaining.