Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Hungarian GP - Pratices and Qualifying

Even with halo, Ferrari just looks good, really nice car, eye candy

FerrariSteve Guest
    lol Sky is hilarious right now.. they are running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

OH, what has gone wrong at Mercedes, OH lewis has a vibration, OH Mercedes are off the pace.

Kimi probably lifting in S3. We have a lot in hand, almost 1 sec if we put together Seb and Kimi's laps together

I almost said that: looks like Bottas has found balance to his car

Merc are really struggling hopefully RB get infront of them and Seb wins that would be a huge swing of points lets pray for no rain

Grosjean P7 with softs

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Merc are really struggling hopefully RB get infront of them and Seb wins that would be a huge swing of points lets pray for no rain
    Some white clouds are start to forming arround the track.....

Bottas fast, still looking for his first win of course.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Grosjean P7 with softs
    His lap was on US

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Bottas fast, still looking for his first win of course.
    Vet still has the pace in S3. Where he didn’t push.

Lewis suffers. I guess it's time for Merc to summon FIA in order to get things done.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

is that all RBR have got?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    RB are even more struggling...!! Right now it seems like 3rd for them.
    I thought this weekend it’s vet vs mad max for pole. Now it’s vet for pole & fight between bottas vs kimi for p2.
    Kimi need to step up a bit more to find p2. Now it seems like bottas will be settled for p2

It's very spectacular that this year's FP3 is quicker than last year's Q3. The evolution then actually has outdeveloped the shorter wheelbase from last year. But the tyres are softer this year (maybe should have been one step softer even). Still, it's very encouraging. RBR seem to have fallen back a bit and Merc still seem to be hard to drive lap after lap. I'm just a little bit worried than anyone starting on a harder compound will come back in the end of the race. I'm always scared of that because logically having harder tyres on with a heavy fuel load and then having softer tyres on with low fuel load should actually be faster overall (like Lewis at Hockenheim). But everyone is so hot on for pole that most of the frontrunners have missed that chance at some circuits (in my opinion). Still though, it's hard to pass on this circuit. But it might work very well att Spa and Monza.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    His lap was on US
    Okey, wrong info then.

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    It's very spectacular that this year's FP3 is quicker than last year's Q3. The evolution then actually has outdeveloped the shorter wheelbase from last year. But the tyres are softer this year (maybe should have been one step softer even). Still, it's very encouraging. RBR seem to have fallen back a bit and Merc still seem to be hard to drive lap after lap. I'm just a little bit worried than anyone starting on a harder compound will come back in the end of the race. I'm always scared of that because logically having harder tyres on with a heavy fuel load and then having softer tyres on with low fuel load should actually be faster overall (like Lewis at Hockenheim). But everyone is so hot on for pole that most of the frontrunners have missed that chance at some circuits (in my opinion). Still though, it's hard to pass on this circuit. But it might work very well att Spa and Monza.
    Speaking of tires, Michelin WAS or IS thinking about doing F1 BUT it does'nt feel the FIA's mission with tires in F1 meets Michelin standards. Michelins goal is to make tire rubber last longer an the way the vast amount of tire compounds in F1 is right now...it DOES NOT meet Michelins goal.

Then the rim size is in question if they come in 2020 and make tires for 1 yr for 13 inch rims then to change to 18 inch rims for 2021.....so Michelin is waiting to see what happens.

Vet still has the pace in S3. Where he didn’t push.
    well VB was quicker than KR anyway, which goes to show we should not underestimate Mercs, even at a track where they're weaker on paper.

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    Actually it’s tight between bottas & ham quali this year.
    All of them say, ham king of quali. But results show different, he’s (bottas) out qualifying his team mate regularly. Bottas found right balance.

In fact it reminds me of Monaco, Sochi performances last year from bottas. He’s learning how to find right balance under these conditions.

Coming to king of quali mr. rapper, when his car performs good he’s special very talented driver. When it doesn’t it’s car mistake not ham’s. What kind of logic is this.

See vettel if it’s a good weekend he’s on pole, if it’s not he’s atleast in top3.

well VB was quicker than KR anyway, which goes to show we should not underestimate Mercs, even at a track where they're weaker on paper.
    KR made mistake in S3..!! Which compromised grip level in the final corner. That’s where more chunk of time is found.

KR made mistake in S3..!! Which compromised grip level in the final corner. That’s where more chunk of time is found.
    he was 0.3-4 ahead Seb before he ran wide ?

On a side note. Mick Schumacher wins in Spa, he’s really his father’s son...

https://www.autosport.com/f3/news/13...-f3-win-at-spa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok great so we should qualify 1-2 then

I will stay humble, and I dont know what to expect. Wont make a prediction.

In quali, anything less than P1-P2 is a failure. We have the fastest car and it deserves to be on front row.

Some dark clouds are forming....

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    In quali, anything less than P1-P2 is a failure. We have the fastest car and it deserves to be on front row.
    Fully agree with RB taking 3rd and 4th spots on the grid

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    he was 0.3-4 ahead Seb before he ran wide ?
    Yeah by end of S2, he was .4ths up on vet 1st Set of US FL. But then in S3 he locked up his front left tyre, which resulted to take deep line instead of tight line in the last two corners.

RB are even more struggling...!! Right now it seems like 3rd for them.
    I thought this weekend it’s vet vs mad max for pole. Now it’s vet for pole & fight between bottas vs kimi for p2.
    Kimi need to step up a bit more to find p2. Now it seems like bottas will be settled for p2
    Nice to see you already know what is going to happen in qualy. Why don't you bet and make a good amount of money, if it is that settled after watching just practices.

ok great so we should qualify 1-2 then
    Until n unless kimi makes a mistake in q3.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Nice to see you already know what is going to happen in qualy. Why don't you bet and make a good amount of money, if it is that settled after watching just practices.
    Thanks for your compliments. But it won’t change my thinking process, which I stated in the above post clearly.