Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Monaco Free Practice & Qualifying

"Monaco Grand Prix - “It was fun driving around”
    Kimi and Seb pleased with first day of practice

Monaco, May 24 – At the end of the two free practice sessions, on a track that was rapidly evolving and with lap times consistently going down, Scuderia Ferrari drivers Seb Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen came away with the third and fifth best times in P2 respectively, while the SF71H showed a consistent pace in race-trim simulation.

“This first day was not too bad, a pretty normal Thursday”, Kimi said. “The feeling with the car was not too bad, but this track is always quite tricky to start with, and we were trying many different things. The drive around the circuit is a bit more complicated than in other places; it’s easier to end up making a big mistake, while in a normal place you would just end in a run-off area. You need to be more careful and start pushing when you feel that everything is all right. For sure there are things to improve, but we were able to do what was planned and managed to stay out of trouble. It’s difficult to have a clear picture; in many practice sessions we have seen some cars being very fast on Friday and then in qualifying it’s a different case. Let’s wait and see what happens on Saturday”.

And here’s Seb’s comment on the day: “I think it was a decent day. In Monaco there’s always traffic, and today we had the red flag, so that it was a bit messy. It’s not that easy to get everything together in a lap here. I am not entirely happy about the second and the last sector. So, I think there’s something we can do better. I believe we got the best out of the tires and on Saturday it will be very close.

There isn’t more pressure on this track than on the others, but I think it’s more fun. The track is very challenging and you have no room for mistakes but it’s quite enjoyable. You think twice before trying something here. However, I have a good feeling with the car. Today I trusted my car and even if I was sliding a little bit, I knew I wouldn’t have touched the barrier. We still need to improve, but generally it’s good fun driving around”.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    So... what do we take from today's results? Usual Friday, or...?
    Usual Friday. Working on our programme to get data which we implement in FP3 to get ready for qualy. Hard thing to get a fast lap in, as the traffic was worse than anywhere else, because of how short the track is and few overtaking possibilities. We should know more on saturday

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Usual Friday. Working on our programme to get data which we implement in FP3 to get ready for qualy. Hard thing to get a fast lap in, as the traffic was worse than anywhere else, because of how short the track is and few overtaking possibilities. We should know more on saturday
    Thankx mate!

Ron, thank you for those photos !!!

Autosport saying Red Bulls look unbeatable. I wouldn't take it too seriously since last time they said Ferrari was a favourite in Spain.

As long as we gain points and reduce deficit to merc in both championships then it will be a good weekend iam not greedy expect some more fia scrutiny on ferrari car innovation has no place in this current f1 format if your idiology amplifies this then you begin to seriously question if ferrari belongs in the current picture time will tell.

If I recall in the past races, Ferrari didn't use full power in 1st 2 practice sessions and drove to a delta instead of doing glory runs, but come qualifying we were quite strong. Hopefully the team will not be affected by the drama with the battery issue.

redbull do look unbeatable tbh
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

The gap is quite big, but I don't think they look unbeatable

I think you would do yourself a lot of good by not watching FP1&2. Like ever...

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    The gap is quite big, but I don't think they look unbeatable
    Hopefully the human torpedo can get us some quality sim data for setup between now and tomorrow lol
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Be awere of what Kimi said after FP2, stay calm because we have our cars good for FP3 and Quali

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

This fia scrutiny could have been done quietly at maranello on the test bench where they can run the engine and test the legality they have had 2 weeks but oh no they have to make a scene because mercedes say so just to spice it up on race day cant wait to shove it in there three star faces by the way a 3 star rating is average just like mercedes attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    This fia scrutiny could have been done quietly at maranello on the test bench where they can run the engine and test the legality they have had 2 weeks but oh no they have to make a scene because mercedes say so just to spice it up on race day cant wait to shove it in there three star faces by the way a 3 star rating is average just like mercedes attitude.
    I too feel the same. When Ferrari alleged RB using of flexible floor in RB domination days, FIA used to remain calm & nothing pops out. When asked FIA for clarification of fric suspension system which we all know mercs & RB are using it, FIA imposed ban on it from 2017. Instead of 14-15-16 where mercs used it to their advantage.
    When oil burning issue was imposed they made change in the middle of the season last year when Ferrari was almost dominating. On other side mercs was using it cleverly in its dominant period.

Now when Ferrari seems to be dominant again on power tracks as well and locking front row in quali, this Nikki Lauda & mercs team alleging of cheat n complaining to FIA. Isn’t enough for them in changing tread type of Pirelli tyres??? FIA favoured for safety reasons for 1team.
    And these fools are reacting immediately n placing hardware on Ferrari car.
    FIA became mercs puppet. Ferrari Inturn should show its power in F1 either by making break-away series or taking these blows n still dominating the field. That’s the only way.

New Turbo for Max(2) and a new CE for Kimi (2) today

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DeHYfoBWAAARYpK.jpg

RBR look mighty
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

martin B is so irritating with the constant camera cuts

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    RBR look mighty
    yup, Purple sectors everywhere right out of the box, doing few laps without any need to refuel

Kimi's rears already graining????

Seb purple sector 1&2 but lost time in sector 3

Well Seb appears can match their pace.

"Always move forward, take it one step at a time, eventually you'll reach your goal and if you happen to fall on face your still moving..."

We should see some 1:10's during quali.

losing 0.3~ in the last sector to redbulls both seb & kimi, matching in first two

We are losing alot of time to RedBull in the 3rd Sector perhaps we are hiding our true pace???

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Seb purple sector 1&2 but lost time in sector 3
    kimi too was matching ver time after 2 sectors

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    losing 0.3~ in the last sector to redbulls both seb & kimi, matching in first two
    Very strong S3 from VER..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

mercs are slow, atm

croft said ham set fastest first sector than backed off

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    mercs are slow, atm
    They didn't do laps when we did ours