Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Suzuka Pre-Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Huhhhhh god these skyf1 guys n British media blaming Vettel after stroll-vet crash in Malaysia by new released footage from stroll's car. They are non stop blaming Vettel.

These guys are bunch of idiots.
    No surprise, these guys hated schumacher too, everything to throw shade
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

lol the drivers press is empty for Ric, Massa and stroll
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Huhhhhh god these skyf1 guys n British media blaming Vettel after stroll-vet crash in Malaysia by new released footage from stroll's car. They are non stop blaming Vettel.

These guys are bunch of idiots.
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    No surprise, these guys hated schumacher too, everything to throw shade

There's a video....Stroll's on-board not seen....with the article. That steering wheel needs to be checked by the engineers, it keeps pulling to the left I tell ya.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/124...crash-released

Mercedes "half way to signing" Verstappen for 2019

Mercedes are "half way to signing" Max Verstappen for the 2019 season, according to former motor racing correspondent for The Times , Kevin Eason.

The German outfit have won three consecutive Constructors' Championships.

Eason added that Verstappen's current employers, Red Bull Racing, "need a winning car damn quick” to keep their Dutch driver.

Verstappen, 20, became Formula 1's youngest race winner with victory in Spain last season.

And speaking of Verstappen's win in Malaysia last weekend, Eason said; "with every lap that passed I could see his price going up".

This clip is from 5 live Sport on Wednesday 4 October 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    There's a video....Stroll's on-board not seen....with the article. That steering wheel needs to be checked by the engineers, it keeps pulling to the left I tell ya.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/124...crash-released
    Unable to see :( because of location.... does seb really drift to the left or was that sarcasm :P ?

Mercedes "half way to signing" Verstappen for 2019

Mercedes are "half way to signing" Max Verstappen for the 2019 season, according to former motor racing correspondent for The Times , Kevin Eason.

The German outfit have won three consecutive Constructors' Championships.

Eason added that Verstappen's current employers, Red Bull Racing, "need a winning car damn quick” to keep their Dutch driver.

Verstappen, 20, became Formula 1's youngest race winner with victory in Spain last season.

And speaking of Verstappen's win in Malaysia last weekend, Eason said; "with every lap that passed I could see his price going up".

This clip is from 5 live Sport on Wednesday 4 October 2017.
    Good, Max will give Ham a nice nightmare, he wont play minion for him like bottas does

I hope we get Leclerc & Seb in 2019, is leclerc doing FP1 here in suzuka? i heard its going to rain, which sucks!

Unable to see :( because of location.... does seb really drift to the left or was that sarcasm :P ?
    No sarcasm....still trying to find another source for ya so you can see it. That darn steering wheel !!!!

No sarcasm....still trying to find another source for ya so you can see it. That darn steering wheel !!!!
    i found it utube :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_AAPw2Owxo

I think :O

Im surprised nobody even mentioned it in the drivers press

i found it utube :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_AAPw2Owxo

I think :O

Im surprised nobody even mentioned it in the drivers press
    Here's a more detaled analysis

Exclusive New footage Of Vettel/Stroll Crash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAWMzEFksYs

Here's a more detaled analysis

Exclusive New footage Of Vettel/Stroll Crash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAWMzEFksYs
    looking at that, looks like both were stupid

looking at that, looks like both were stupid
    Look at Strolls steering wheel....it stays pretty much stable while turning left. As far as Seb overtaking him????

What comes to mind is the curve of the turn....does it turn more left where it looks like Stroll veers left going into the turn but not to the degree that he should be at....where Seb veers MORE left???

Agree....both dumb.

Good, Max will give Ham a nice nightmare, he wont play minion for him like bottas does
    They are considering him as ham replacement. That's for 2021 or 2019.

it's very clear from Stroll's onboard that his steering wheel is pointing straight going into the corner... his car drifts towards the middle of the track and he hits Vettel.... his steering wheel should have been turned to follow the normal trajectory rather than sliding into the middle of the track...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

They are on a cool down lap driving at cruising speeds and hitting apexes is not a priority anymore.

Current component allocation allotment....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLXqQgPWAAEfgOM.jpg

Current component allocation allotment....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLXqQgPWAAEfgOM.jpg
    says Seb is on his FIFTH ICE. What happened to #4? I thought he was supposed to use #3 again at Malaysia and had to switch to #4 after the failure in qualy.

If Seb is on engine #5 now and no more penalties are coming after his penalty in Malaysia then Ferrari has pulled one off here.

Very exciting if so taking a standard leap of logic that ICE #5 would have more performance than #s 1-4.

Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaBuckeye View Post
    says Seb is on his FIFTH ICE. What happened to #4? I thought he was supposed to use #3 again at Malaysia and had to switch to #4 after the failure in qualy.

If Seb is on engine #5 now and no more penalties are coming after his penalty in Malaysia then Ferrari has pulled one off here.

Very exciting if so taking a standard leap of logic that ICE #5 would have more performance than #s 1-4.
    VET "used" his 4th in qualy.And then since he was already last,tge team open up a 5th one that he used it ib the race.The 4th us brand new and unused!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    it's very clear from Stroll's onboard that his steering wheel is pointing straight going into the corner... his car drifts towards the middle of the track and he hits Vettel.... his steering wheel should have been turned to follow the normal trajectory rather than sliding into the middle of the track...
    I hope I never see you near me on the road.

I hope we get Leclerc & Seb in 2019, is leclerc doing FP1 here in suzuka? i heard its going to rain, which sucks!
    How awesome would Vettel/Leclerc vs. Hamilton/Verstappen be? I wouldn't be surprised if Hamilton retires when Verstappen comes aboard though, and to be honest, I would not want to see Verstappen with Ferrari anyway. I do not enjoy his driving style. It's too hotheaded and reckless, and I am greatly anticipating Leclerc as Vettel's successor. It feels a lot like Schumacher/Massa.

I believe Leclerc is looking to win the F2 Championship in Jerez this weekend.

Disappointed Since 2010

“WE HAVE A STRONG PACKAGE HERE”
    ferrari-press-media

Seb and Kimi relish the challenge of Suzuka

Suzuka, October 5 – It’s back to old Suzuka again: the Japanese Grand Prix landed here thirty years ago for the first time and the circuit has become a highlight of the championship ever since. Scuderia Ferrari drivers have made no secret of ranking Suzuka among their favourite tracks. The goal here is to keep the battle for the championship alive after the difficulties experienced in the last two Grands Prix.

“I believe we still have a chance” Sebastian says “and I want to be sure we’re going to use it. We’ve been looking at the issues we had in our cars and I think we have a pretty good understanding of them. But the process is still ongoing in order to get the big picture of what happened. At least it’s nice to hear that the gearbox should be OK after the accident on the slow-down lap at Sepang. As for this weekend in Japan, in the last two years we have not been competitive enough here, but this year it may be different; I am fairly open minded, but I’m convinced that we have a strong package. There are five races to go in the championship and we are behind in the points standings: the final outcome will also depend on what our competitors do”.

Kimi also relishes the challenge of the track: “Suzuka is a challenging circuit, a bit old style. It‘s quite narrow and the run-off areas, which used to be gravel, now have a tarmac surface. You need a good set-up to be able to push because in the first sector you can lose a lot of time. Here, like any circuit this year, I think we’ll be quicker. Because of the downforce we can be a bit slower in the straight, but through the corners we should be faster. There’s a lot of high speed corners, especially the first part. In the past, some corners have been a bit tricky, maybe this year they are going to be easier because we’ll be driving full speed through them. Hopefully our car will be where we have been lately. In the last race we have had an unexpected issue, bua a lot of work has been done to understand what failed. If that’s going to be enough to be first or second, we will see. The three top teams are pretty close, you have to get everything right and do your best. Hopefully tomorrow the weather will hold at some point, so that we can actually do some proper running”.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Never stop believing! One day things will change more to our liking!
    Forza, n1!

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    I hope I never see you near me on the road.
    Really. It looks to me like Stroll didnt turn for the turn. He drifted out to the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    They are on a cool down lap driving at cruising speeds and hitting apexes is not a priority anymore.
    So is hitting other cars, no?

How about using the mirrors?

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    So is hitting other cars, no?
    Singapore?
    Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    How about using the mirrors?
    Or looking ahead?

Anyway, hopefully Suzuka turns out to be a good race for Ferrari.

Singapore?
    What of it?

''There are five races to go in the championship and we are behind in the points standings: the final outcome will also depend on what our competitors do''.

so Seb hoping for a Lewis DNF...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    ''There are five races to go in the championship and we are behind in the points standings: the final outcome will also depend on what our competitors do''.

so Seb hoping for a Lewis DNF...
    SV need s to win all 5 remaining races and WDC i his! Simple as that!

please Max take out Lewis