Page 1 of 35 12345678910111213141526 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Prix De Monaco 2017 - Race

Grand Prix De Monaco 2017 - Race

Mornin folks....Ferrari 1 & 2 for the win since 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Mornin folks....Ferrari 1 & 2 for the win since 2001.

Forza Ferrari
    Forza Ferrari

i have a feeling the SC will decide the winner today, I hope we are prepared, 2 experienced drivers should be able to counter any merc strategy

Ric seems like such a nice guy outside of his cockpit and very competitive when he is in the car

Merc has it easy since they have 2 drivers that need to do a complete different race. RBR will do everything for a podium.
    We are in the bst position to start, but strategy wise we have a hard time. We are at risk off overthinking everything with the race and the championship. I say just focus on the race, get the win and hopefully 1-2, and then we'll see what happens for the championship.
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

The start will be crucial, we have to keep our 1-2. It helps that the straight is very short, and we do not have verstappen very close, although he can still do some damage starting 4th

I hope max keeps his nose clean at the start. This boy is way to aggressive at starts. He always seems to involve at incidents at the starts and i fear today he will get greedy again.

Martin says giving Vettel the win would help apply more pressure to Mercedes and Hamilton, and they could give back the points to kimi later in the season if they can

assuming they are 1 and 2 when they finish which is very hard to do here

Quote Originally Posted by superwonderboy View Post
    I hope max keeps his nose clean at the start. This boy is way to aggressive at starts. He always seems to involve at incidents at the starts and i fear today he will get greedy again.
    i just remembered he is behind us 0_0

It's our race to lose. Need to get the strategy right if any safety cars and keep on top of any under or over cuts from others. This should be a 1-2, don't mind who wins as long as we get the perfect result. Forza Ferrari!

Pirelli state that they would probably need a specially designed compound for Monaco due to the lack of degradation. On Friday, Pirelli admitted that the ultra soft compound, the softest of all, could last the entirety of the Monaco Grand Prix.

2017 tyres from the Italian manufacturer have taken a much different approach. Since their debut in Formula 1 in 2011, they were designed to wear quickly to create exciting strategies. This year, however, they are made to last further into a race which enables drivers to push harder, for longer.

"Actually we need a special, extremely soft tyre for here," said the Italian marque's F1 chief Mario Isola. "Here, even on the ultrasoft tyres, you could do a complete race distance without any significant wear. It would not be a problem to develop such a tyre, but unfortunately we have no way to test them. Taking it to Barcelona would be quite pointless," he said.

After protests from drivers, Pirelli agreed to ditch the hard compound for the British Grand Prix after the tyre was branded useless in Spain a fortnight ago: "This is an experiment," Isola continued.

"We are being quite aggressive so I cannot say whether we will continue like that in the second half of the season. We will have to wait for the results," he said.

Today's strategy is expected to be a fairly simple one. Keeping safety cars and car damage out of the equation, cars on the ultra soft tyre are expected to stop on lap 28. It is also likely that anyone starting on the super soft tyre will stop early, perhaps after lap 1 to change onto the ultra soft.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    i have a feeling the SC will decide the winner today, I hope we are prepared, 2 experienced drivers should be able to counter any merc strategy
    Mercedes has 3 drivers:
    - Hamilton: Mercedes F1-W08
    - Maylander: Mercedes safety car
    - Bottas: Mercedes F1-W08

oh boy, here we go again.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Dhont View Post
    Mercedes has 3 drivers:
    LOL! true hey..massa might be a secret merc driver too

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Dhont View Post
    Mercedes has 3 drivers:
    Wrong order my friend, its : Mercs safety car first, it will be the only Merc car ahead of us in this race, Bottas 2nd and Hamilton 3rd having a great showdown with Vandoorne for 12th

Martin says giving Vettel the win would help apply more pressure to Mercedes and Hamilton, and they could give back the points to kimi later in the season if they can

assuming they are 1 and 2 when they finish which is very hard to do here
    Kimi doesn't want the points, because if he finishes top 3 he needs to go to FIA gala

It's true that if we can choose and give Seb P1, we give him 7 points more over Lewis. He has been doing a great job whole season by winning and otherwise finissh P2. If gets these 7 points extra, that's that win to P2 difference extra in the bag against Lewis.

However let's see what happen in the race, it's ours to loose but it's going to be a long race and a lot can happen.

Apart from all this, I would love to see Kimi win again..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Hamilton questioned the skill of the indy 500 drivers given Alonso's position, on the other hand Button says Alonso is very brave, he lost two friends in that sport

Rosberg said hamilton has to keep his settings from Q2 into the race today, he might not beable to change due to perc ferme

The right strategy is to pass the first corner 1-2 and then build up a gap of 20sec min and not worry who is p1 or p2. As the race develops, meaning SC or no SC, we take it from there and given Ham's position, let Kimi win if he can. Only if, IF, Ham reaches top 5, we could think of Kimi letting Seb drive past.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    Kimi doesn't want the points, because if he finishes top 3 he needs to go to FIA gala

It's true that if we can choose and give Seb P1, we give him 7 points more over Lewis. He has been doing a great job whole season by winning and otherwise finissh P2. If gets these 7 points extra, that's that win to P2 difference extra in the bag against Lewis.

However let's see what happen in the race, it's ours to loose but it's going to be a long race and a lot can happen.

Apart from all this, I would love to see Kimi win again..
    I think if we only knew whether Kimi will carry on with this pace and form into the race and future races.

If Kimi continues to match Seb's pace then Kimi winning would be good, if he is going to fade into p4 after this maybe Seb winning would be better , although i rather p1~p2 any order than anything less

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    The right strategy is to pass the first corner 1-2 and then build up a gap of 20sec min and not worry who is p1 or p2. As the race develops, meaning SC or no SC, we take it from there and given Ham's position, let Kimi win if he can. Only if, IF, Ham reaches top 5, we could think of Kimi letting Seb drive past.
    Bingo!!

Tire tactics is to drive on the US as long as times are constant and change to SS when there is a suitable window to avoid trafic. Bar SC, of course. If SC comes out it better be after we have changed tires.

i just remembered he is behind us 0_0
    My concern indeed......

Retired world champion Nico Rosberg has joined the Sky F1 boys and believes Ferrari face a difficult call on team orders this afternoon.

"That is such a difficult one. Sebastian desperately needs every single point to get this championship home because Lewis will come back at him.

"But you can't do that to Kimi. Kimi deserves to win this race."

Rosberg on this year's battle at the front between Ferrari and Mercedes.

"It's the perfect battle to have Ferrari against Mercedes. Ferrari are really edging it out at the moment and are really impressive.

"I don't know how they've come back from so far given where they were last year. It's an impressive job and the pressure is on for Mercedes to deliver."

It's funny, I always hated Nico as a driver but I really enjoyed his interview. Very fair, informative, unbiased. He seems really happy so good on him for doing what he wants to do

Kimi deserves to win if he drives faster over the race distance, not because he got pole.
    Forza Ferrari

Sir Jackie Stewart expects to see Ferrari employ team orders to get Vettel past Raikkonen once the race settles down.

"Vettel really wants to win the race. I would swap them around.

"The front row should get into the first corner. Once it's settled down, Ferrari will say we need championship points."

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Kimi deserves to win if he drives faster over the race distance, not because he got pole.
    so what you;re saying is that if HE is slower then Seb, then Ferrari should swap them out????
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.