Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Pre-season Testing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Imagine Ferrari is actually competitive this year, how upsetting would it be to have a number of the races cancelled this year. Health and safety is number 1 priority, but it would still suck.
    Not long ago championship used to have "only" 16 races...

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    First three races of the season facing cancellation due to the spread of the corona virus.Thanks china.
    So far in 2020 the number of people who died from coronavisus is roughly 3000. Between 16,000 and 40,000 people are dead from the common flu this season in the US. Is it really a problem or are we being played?

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    SF90 is back, Vettel spun. Looks like SF1000 is giving him same surprises as last year's car in corners.
    How many times did verstapen spun today? I saw 2, didn’t see any comments on that, and rightly so because it’s testing. You guys are beyond ridiculous with this vettel persecution, just waiting for anything negative to jump at him. Get a life

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    So far in 2020 the number of people who died from coronavisus is roughly 3000. Between 16,000 and 40,000 people are dead from the common flu this season in the US. Is it really a problem or are we being played?
    Time will tell but...

The middle estimate of US infections of Influenza this year is approx 45 million. If that were SARS-CoV2 instead of flu you have roughly one million dead. Conservatively estimated that is. ...and from the epidemiology it appears SARS-CoV2 is more infectious than flu.

Quote Originally Posted by distortion View Post
    Time will tell but...

The middle estimate of US infections of Influenza this year is approx 45 million. If that were SARS-CoV2 instead of flu you have roughly one million dead. Conservatively estimated that is. ...and from the epidemiology it appears SARS-CoV2 is more infectious than flu.
    Do you remember the media sensationalization of Ebola a few years ago? Fear sells advertising slots.

WS6, I do and you’re right. However, Ebolas method of transmission was its Achilles. I digress, I would hate to have a good car only to lose races/wins do to an outbreak. Safety first... I’ll love Ferrari as long as I live!

Quote Originally Posted by T99 View Post
    How many times did verstapen spun today? I saw 2, didn’t see any comments on that, and rightly so because it’s testing. You guys are beyond ridiculous with this vettel persecution, just waiting for anything negative to jump at him. Get a life
    Just mentioning Max's name on this forum is a sign of trolling and worse, fans ask who ever uses his name here find a Max forum,and get lost. Vettel spells Ferrari driver ! He is the guy fans are interested in. Seb and Charles are the main drivers to watch and discuss during testing . Vettel's results last season are the cause of fan concern , hoping this year is a complete turnaround for him. Testing so far is all we have to go by for now. Fans I believe are waiting for anything positive to jump at him as opposed to negative. Let's watch and hope for the best. So much is at steak this season if Merc wins again.

Quote Originally Posted by subfire91 View Post
    last year he said we are the fastest. we all know how that turned out.

the answer will come @ Q3 Melbourne

Ferrari is abig riddle right now
    Because last year Ferrari was indeed the fastest car in those extreme winter conditions in Barcelona.

I start out this season as I do all Ferrari F1 seasons: we win the WCC and the WDC.
    I also see the glass as half full.
    I’d rather be hopeful, only to be disappointed at the end, than to throw in the towel before the 1st race.
    Life is more fun that way.

Forza Ferrari

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Real Ferrari supporters!

Funny post. Accusing the biggest Vettel fanboy of this forum of having Vettel persecution.
    And why would anyone here care about Max or how many times he has spun? he isn't driving the Ferrari.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...cedes/4696974/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ferrari’s times seem to be ‘specifically’ consistent. 1:18.1(ish) for both drivers has been the same across all 4 days of testing. Could indicate their maximum potential, but it seems (to me) to be more likely that they’re running to a delta.

As Leclerc said in an interview - they think they are behind (as I think is the general consensus) but not that it’s the end of the world as the media has implied with things like they car doesn’t work’, etc. I think they’ll be ‘there or there abouts’ as others have said.

All in all, I’m maintaining hope for a competitive season.

Today's Vettel's final day of 2020 pre-season winter testing, so I assume he would do a race sim in the afternoon session, and qualy sim in the morning session.

So much for the downforce

gr8..just gr8

Mercedes pulled out one heck of a lap on wet track out of the box, and we are 5 + secs away from them, inspite of the increase in downforce

It means absolutely nothing.The teams are all playing silly buggers with each other.Australia will be only a platform for all teams to build on regardless who wins in Australia.Its going to be a very very long season.The only thing that can derail the season is potentially the corona virus.In God we trust for a speedy ending to this pandemic of global proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    It means absolutely nothing.The teams are all playing silly buggers with each other.Australia will be only a platform for all teams to build on regardless who wins in Australia.Its going to be a very very long season.The only thing that can derail the season is potentially the corona virus.In God we trust for a speedy ending to this pandemic of global proportion.
    No one is playing silly bugger. Top 3 order is already known to everyone in paddock - Mercedes, Red Bull, Ferrari. Saint Binotto has already confirmed it. Australia is very important race, everyone talks as if it doesn't matter. Every team has driven for ages there and yet only Mercedes wins, are other teams incompetent? Past years have proved that if you intent to fight for championship, you must start fighting from the very first race and from the very first qualifying session in Australian GP Q3. Saying season is very long is bs. Mercedes would already win by the time other teams are in a position to fight in every race.

Team(s) which can fight for pole and win in Australian GP is/are the only one(s) who will lift WDC and WCC. Period.

Track is drying out.

Times are coming down....slowly.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

I read a news, a comment from CL, that Ferrari achieved their goal during the testing sessions that they are able to match their rivals time in low speed corners particularly S3. Wow a bit of a good stuff especially to worrisome fans. I hope they keep their straight line strength, now complemented with newly found cornering speed. Fingers crossed!

That will send bigtime chills to MB/RB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So

GPToday.net F1 Winter testing Live TimingMost recent update: 13:24:45

POS DRIVER TEAM CHASSIS TIME # BANDEN

1 Vettel Ferrari SF1000 1:17.093 34 ● PIT
    2 Stroll Racing Point RP20 1:17.118 21 ● PIT
    3 Norris McLaren MCL35 1:17.585 31 ●
    4 Ocon Renault RS20 1:18.013 24 ● PIT
    5 Verstappen-Red Bull Racing 1:18.016 11 ●
    6 Latifi Williams FW43 1:18.121 32 ● PIT
    7 Bottas Mercedes W11 1:18.379 41 ● PIT
    8 Magnussen Haas F1 VF- 1:18.651 17 ● PIT
    9 Giovinazzi Alfa Romeo Racing 1:19.670 16 ● PIT
    10 Gasly Alpha Tauri 1:22.566 22 ● PIT
    11 Hamilton Mercedes W11 no time 0 ● PIT
    12 Ricciardo Renault RS20 no time 0 ● PIT
    13 Albon Red Bull Racing RB16 no time PIT
    Drive it like you stole it!

Vettel only 6 tenths ahead of Latifi's Williams on same tyres....I mean, yeah it's testing and we don't know the fuel load. But if people think this is Ferrari's true pace and Williams are our closet competitors instead of Mercedes....then I've nothing to say.

Believe whatever pleases you.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Vettel only 6 tenths ahead of Latifi's Williams on same tyres....I mean, yeah it's testing and we don't know the fuel load. But if people think this is Ferrari's true pace and Williams are our closet competitors instead of Mercedes....then I've nothing to say.

Believe whatever pleases you.
    Exactly. And lest we forget we did a 16.2 in testing last year. We’re definitely not SLOWER, so there’s plenty more to come... from us and from everyone.

So we better be heavy with that soft tire run 16.8 cus hami did a 16.9 on c2 tire last week think we r heavy with fuel

Quote Originally Posted by djmorin27 View Post
    So we better be heavy with that soft tire run 16.8 cus hami did a 16.9 on c2 tire last week think we r heavy with fuel
    Bu it seems we are top of the chart in speed trap during these runs. If that's true then we are in deep deep trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by djmorin27 View Post
    According to sky, the track this week is a second slower. So times are a bit misleading and difficult to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by gump1480 View Post
    Bu it seems we are top of the chart in speed trap during these runs. If that's true then we are in deep deep trouble.
    305 km/h....that's hardly fast.

I'd say it again, this isn't Ferrari's true pace, not even close. And we have been hearing how the SF1000 is a much better car in corners than the SF90....and we haven't yet matched our last years sector 3 time. (SF90: 26.2 vs SF1000: 26.5)

Vettel had said that he feels substantial improvement in high speed corners. Low speed corners - nothing positive is reported yet. We will see.

Vettel had said that he feels substantial improvement in high speed corners. Low speed corners - nothing positive is reported yet. We will see.
    Nothing is reported, not ‘nothing positive’. One is neutral, and one has a negative connotation.

Better in high speed - check
    Better in low speed - ?

Well...if you took your eyes off Vettel for a second a listened to what Charles said yesterday, you would've known by now that they've also improved their slow speed cornering. Charles specifically talked about sector 3 yesterday.

Any links for day 2 testing

Thanks
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.