Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Pre-season Testing Thread

If Binotto is hiding something then he is overdoing it. That's my only takeaway from testing.

Hopeful but not optimistic. It is what it is. We shall see and it won't be long now.

This article seems to say that everything is rosy.

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/ac...uturo/4700696/

Can someone translate this article

Quote Originally Posted by djmorin27 View Post
    Can someone translate this article
    I use a page translator extension

The Federation closed the investigation into the power unit Ferrari in 2019 and put us on a tombstone. The Maranello team has made available to the FIA ​​to help control the power unit in the coming years. And so the Cavallino has also taken cover from possible future attacks of opponents.
    The FIA ​​and Ferrari have signed peace. The International Federation has issued a statement to announce that "... after extensive technical investigation, it was concluded the analysis on the operation of the power unit of Formula 1 Scuderia Ferrari and found an agreement with the team. The specifications will remain secret agreement between the parties ".

"The FIA ​​and Ferrari have agreed on a series of technical commitments that will improve the monitoring of all power units in the next championships, in addition to supporting the Federation in other regulatory issues in Formula 1 and in its research activities on reducing emissions carbon and the introduction of sustainable fuels. "

Ferrari, therefore, aims to give a boost to the engine of the future study of synthetic fuels and to give a boost to research that is not bound only to electric, but must find a transition phase for the automotive before the network for support a motorization to zero emissions can be mature.

The Maranello starts the research FIA available on the reduction of carbon emissions, signs a peace tombstone on issues related to the engine controversy last year and looks to the future with great confidence because motorists Horse subjected to federal commissioners solutions that the power unit signed 065 adopts in Melbourne that have been approved in advance.

If the Mercedes will have the DAS, Ferrari will rely on a hybrid system of exploitation that will be extended over a lap. Each will have the opportunity to play his cards on the track without being polemical attacks that we have witnessed in the second half of last year.

It has also created a barrier against the arrows of Red Bull in 2019 had suggested the existence of irregular solutions on the engine of the Ferrari.

Analyzing the test in Barcelona conclusion comes from believing that if Mercedes had reliability problems for the lubrication trouble so Bottas and Hamilton did not express the real (huge) potential of the W11, Ferrari did not show what the power unit Maranello would be able to express on track.

The low maximum speeds on the straight of SF1000 in part are due to the drag produced by the machine, but were in part due to an engine that has never turned in by real qualification configuration. The one to find out only in Melbourne ...

Related Videos

Quote Originally Posted by From Treviso View Post
    I use a page translator extension

The Federation closed the investigation into the power unit Ferrari in 2019 and put us on a tombstone. The Maranello team has made available to the FIA ​​to help control the power unit in the coming years. And so the Cavallino has also taken cover from possible future attacks of opponents.
    The FIA ​​and Ferrari have signed peace. The International Federation has issued a statement to announce that "... after extensive technical investigation, it was concluded the analysis on the operation of the power unit of Formula 1 Scuderia Ferrari and found an agreement with the team. The specifications will remain secret agreement between the parties ".

"The FIA ​​and Ferrari have agreed on a series of technical commitments that will improve the monitoring of all power units in the next championships, in addition to supporting the Federation in other regulatory issues in Formula 1 and in its research activities on reducing emissions carbon and the introduction of sustainable fuels. "

Ferrari, therefore, aims to give a boost to the engine of the future study of synthetic fuels and to give a boost to research that is not bound only to electric, but must find a transition phase for the automotive before the network for support a motorization to zero emissions can be mature.

The Maranello starts the research FIA available on the reduction of carbon emissions, signs a peace tombstone on issues related to the engine controversy last year and looks to the future with great confidence because motorists Horse subjected to federal commissioners solutions that the power unit signed 065 adopts in Melbourne that have been approved in advance.

If the Mercedes will have the DAS, Ferrari will rely on a hybrid system of exploitation that will be extended over a lap. Each will have the opportunity to play his cards on the track without being polemical attacks that we have witnessed in the second half of last year.

It has also created a barrier against the arrows of Red Bull in 2019 had suggested the existence of irregular solutions on the engine of the Ferrari.

Analyzing the test in Barcelona conclusion comes from believing that if Mercedes had reliability problems for the lubrication trouble so Bottas and Hamilton did not express the real (huge) potential of the W11, Ferrari did not show what the power unit Maranello would be able to express on track.

The low maximum speeds on the straight of SF1000 in part are due to the drag produced by the machine, but were in part due to an engine that has never turned in by real qualification configuration. The one to find out only in Melbourne ...

Related Videos

It gonna be exciting year between Mercs & Ferrari.

I’d say F1 is more of a political game now.
    There’s tight war between RB vs Ferrari vs Mercs.
    For 2021 reg change, Mercs were expecting ferrari to use their veto. Even RB was opposing few tech reg changes.
    But it was only ferrari who were silent & Accepted all the terms without any oppose. Mercs & RB were quite surprised as they aren’t expecting such action from Ferrari.

It seems like RB has a eye more on ferrari than Mercs.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    SO SO DEPRESSING!!!!!
    Once again when things starting to look somehow better, in the next minute everything collapses dramatically!!!!!!

I'm a bit old (42) and on the last 15 years I ve being through a lot in my life/family with troubles with my kids (bullying) illnesses (my wife has a non treatmentable illness in her back) and deaths!!And I had only the team to make me forget all these things for a bit,BUT now it starting to making things worse with all this frustration.
    I might take a break for a while and stop bothering about anything it has to do with F1!!!!!!
    My dear friend,

I understand you as we are generations. I am 47, wife, two beautiful daughters, unfortunately there has been death to a very close and loved member of a family too. It is sometimes dark and grim, but don't run away from it. Enjoy every moment of life, cause, as they say there is no rerun of it. We have only one and we are to enjoy it at fullest! I was like you are. Putting all my resources into Ferrari and F1. Not missing any session, getting very upset and depressed when thing doesn't go in Ferrari favor. And than couple years ago I have decided that it is not worth of me getting upset, being in bad mood and all other thing we got from Ferrari in last 11 years! It is just not worth it. I am supporter and I have choose to support them. It is toughest job in the world, cause you do it with your whole being and hart, and it is nonprofit job , and they are payed loads and loads of money for what they do and they are all happy in the end.
    Not be to misunderstood I love Ferrari and Formula 1 racing, and it is the only team and sport I am supporting and watching, but nothing is more important that myself and my loved family!
    So, enjoy life, enjoy every day with your kids (they are growing so fast, aren't they?) spent time together with your family a lot!
    Everything else is just small things in life!
    Chears!

While I didn't think they'd go for fast times as the last few years, I think it's been an abysmal set of tests for the team. Given the engine situation and lack of any significant developments, they probably have at best the 3rd fastest car, little hope of beating Mercedes but a higher chance of being beaten by Force India. Maybe they'll prove me wrong, but based on so many years of disappointments, I am more inclined to call this season a write off already and they should focus on 2021. I don't look forward to watching our rivals shatter what's left of our records this season.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    My dear friend,

I understand you as we are generations. I am 47, wife, two beautiful daughters, unfortunately there has been death to a very close and loved member of a family too. It is sometimes dark and grim, but don't run away from it. Enjoy every moment of life, cause, as they say there is no rerun of it. We have only one and we are to enjoy it at fullest! I was like you are. Putting all my resources into Ferrari and F1. Not missing any session, getting very upset and depressed when thing doesn't go in Ferrari favor. And than couple years ago I have decided that it is not worth of me getting upset, being in bad mood and all other thing we got from Ferrari in last 11 years! It is just not worth it. I am supporter and I have choose to support them. It is toughest job in the world, cause you do it with your whole being and hart, and it is nonprofit job , and they are payed loads and loads of money for what they do and they are all happy in the end.
    Not be to misunderstood I love Ferrari and Formula 1 racing, and it is the only team and sport I am supporting and watching, but nothing is more important that myself and my loved family!
    So, enjoy life, enjoy every day with your kids (they are growing so fast, aren't they?) spent time together with your family a lot!
    Chears!
    Thanks Stefa (if I remember it's your last name Stefanovic??) for your kind words!!!!!
    I use to be exactly like that, it's just that in the year I'm a bit tired from all the bad things happening around me and especially with the team. But in the end its exactly as you say it is. So no worries!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Thanks Stefa (if I remember it's your last name Stefanovic??) for your kind words!!!!!
    I use to be exactly like that, it's just that in the year I'm a bit tired from all the bad things happening around me and especially with the team. But in the end its exactly as you say it is. So no worries!!!!!
    Yes you are right! Good memory

Have a nice day!

Yes you are right! Good memory

Have a nice day!

You too mate!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

My dear friend,

Chears!
    Stefa,

You could not have said it any better than that. Kids, family and life are the most important and most precious. This is the joy in life. I think everything else just second rate.
    I am like you, I realized the same things you said maybe 2 or 3 years ago. Its just too much to worry and other more important things in life.
    Yes, we get sad when Ferrari dont win, but we cant do anything about it. We will just enjoy when they win and not worry when they dont.

It seems to me that ferrari has lowered on purpose the engine power and waiting for the Fia verdict. As i was hopping we got the OK for the engine and i really hope it will be our strong point this year

Quote Originally Posted by alfa84 View Post

It seems to me that ferrari has lowered on purpose the engine power and waiting for the Fia verdict. As i was hopping we got the OK for the engine and i really hope it will be our strong point this year
    I think this the thing they've waited for. This can either be an admission of guilt or an all clear. Its too ambitious to say really.

"Always move forward, take it one step at a time, eventually you'll reach your goal and if you happen to fall on face your still moving..."

AMuS:

A completely new engine had to be built in Maranello over the winter. Even the turbocharger and energy recovery system were affected. According to measurements, this new engine has significantly less power than the old one and is one of the reasons for the disappointing top speed on the straights.

Does anybody have any data on Raikkonen's top speed of 334 and Vettel's 329. Both these figures are too fast on their own, did tow play a part?

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    Stefa,

You could not have said it any better than that. Kids, family and life are the most important and most precious. This is the joy in life. I think everything else just second rate.
    I am like you, I realized the same things you said maybe 2 or 3 years ago. Its just too much to worry and other more important things in life.
    Yes, we get sad when Ferrari dont win, but we cant do anything about it. We will just enjoy when they win and not worry when they dont.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I’d say F1 is more of a political game now.
    There’s tight war between RB vs Ferrari vs Mercs.
    For 2021 reg change, Mercs were expecting ferrari to use their veto. Even RB was opposing few tech reg changes.
    But it was only ferrari who were silent & Accepted all the terms without any oppose. Mercs & RB were quite surprised as they aren’t expecting such action from Ferrari.

It seems like RB has a eye more on ferrari than Mercs.
    Is Red Bull still salty about us not wanting to supply them our engines?

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    AMuS:
    Binotto said in December 2019,

F1's four engine manufacturers have converged in the V6 turbo-hybrid era's fifth season but despite aerodynamic and engine regulations remaining stable for 2020, Ferrari has opted for an overhaul because it believes there is more potential to exploit.

"We have changed, by quite a lot, our power unit, in terms of architecture, the cylinder," said team principal Mattia Binotto.

"It's quite a big review just to show that here again, there is much that can be done. The change we are looking for next year is quite significant changes on the engine itself.

And now we are down in power? So great dyno setup we have...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari312T4 View Post
    Binotto said in December 2019,

F1's four engine manufacturers have converged in the V6 turbo-hybrid era's fifth season but despite aerodynamic and engine regulations remaining stable for 2020, Ferrari has opted for an overhaul because it believes there is more potential to exploit.

"We have changed, by quite a lot, our power unit, in terms of architecture, the cylinder," said team principal Mattia Binotto.

"It's quite a big review just to show that here again, there is much that can be done. The change we are looking for next year is quite significant changes on the engine itself.

And now we are down in power? So great dyno setup we have...
    AMuS claims that Ferrari's 2019 power unit was seized by FIA in winter when they conducted a thorough investigation of how it works. They changed the layout not because they wanted to but essentially because they are forced to as they can't continue with 2019 engine.

Here is some more detail from AMuS article on FIA and Ferrari settlement:

You can interpret a lot in the first sentence of the statement. To put it politely, the FIA ​​inspectors have clearly found irregularities in the operation of the 2019 Ferrari engine. Sharper tongues would speak of fraud.

It is another matter whether the FIA ​​is able to prove this in detail in a legally reliable manner. Ferrari would have appealed with a drastic penalty. A legal dispute would definitely have washed a lot of dirty laundry and might not have brought the desired result.

So it was easier to reach an agreement by hand, which could be as follows: You went too far with the engine. From now on, this will no longer be tolerated. You also pay a penalty for it. Of course not directly, because that would have been too obvious. Ferrari is funding the FIA's research into CO2-neutral fuels. This can quickly add up to a double-digit million sum.

Rumor has it that the FIA ​​inspectors then confiscated a whole Ferrari engine to test everything over the winter. And it should have been discovered how Ferrari has increased the performance of the engine in certain phases. Apparently using methods that are not quite in line with the rules.

The suspicions were apparently so serious that Ferrari had to agree to the sanctions.

i have a feeling this is going to be a bad year after all this engine drama
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

And on the other hand ,you have something like that from the same source!!!!???
    #AMuS The new Ferrari, a snail on the straight? Leclerc proves the opposite and races through the speed trap at 336 km/h.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

And on the other hand ,you have something like that from the same source!!!!???
    #AMuS The new Ferrari, a snail on the straight? Leclerc proves the opposite and races through the speed trap at 336 km/h.
    Can't really wait for the season to begin. Leclerc hitting 336, Raikkonen hitting 334, Vettel hitting 329 and then contradicting reports that new Ferrari engine is terrible.

This engine thing is making 2020 look really bleak... it looks like it's going to be a pretty big off year for the team... which may not be so bad, maybe it will force them to concentrate solely on 2021...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Pink W10 they say might challenge Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    You also need to have good drivers to get the best out of that car and im not sure they do.

The rumours are that Ferrari aren't running their engine as hard as their customer teams. I wonder if Ferrari have to run their engines at lower modes because of the FIA issue? I can't believe They have to redesign their whole turbo, ICE etc because of the FIA investigation. They were pretty optimistic about the engine at the SF1000 launch so I'm staying positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    That's a possibilty.....

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    You also need to have good drivers to get the best out of that car and im not sure they do.
    Checo is about as consistent and good for the team.

Can't speak much about the Stroller when it comes to his race-craft.
    It's not how start but how you finish.