Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Mexican Grand Prix - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying Thread

2022 Mexican Grand Prix - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying Thread

It would be good to get two cars to the finish instead of the recent bad luck with Carlos, the Mercs were pretty near us in Austin and that's something I don't want to contemplate.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    It would be good to get two cars to the finish instead of the recent bad luck with Carlos, the Mercs were pretty near us in Austin and that's something I don't want to contemplate.
    Indeed, the mercs have a decent car now that they fixed the kangaroo bouncing issues (of course with the help from th MAFIA for the good of the sport, can’t believe Mattia agreed to that TD)

So if Ferrari want to keep 3rd in WCC they have to be on their A game and out score Merc in these last 3 races

Carlos has to be assured he's OK to race against Charles next 3 races or else we will see more 1st lap DNFs by Carlos so he can relax watching the race . Over @ Merc letting George race against Lewis look who's ahead in points!
    Last edited by Brembo; 26th October 2022 at 19:07.

Ciao tifosi1993! Thanks for your dedication in posting GP Race Threads and always with some of the BEST lead-in picturees
    and not to criticize but that big Texas flag above may not be appreciated much by our Mexican tifosi compadres:)
    FORZA FERRARI!!!

In all honesty, I'm really looking forward to Ferrari's reveal of their 2023 LMH/Le Mans Hypercar challenger on the 30th of this month (Oct).
    Ferrari's 2023 LMH/Le Mans Hypercar challenger testing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1-dyFpalyc

Screenshot 2022-10-27 at 12-09-26 Ferrari's LMH opened its eyes for the first time at Imola Auto.jpg

The remaining races are probably just going to be damage control.

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    In all honesty, I'm really looking forward to Ferrari's reveal of their 2023 LMH/Le Mans Hypercar challenger on the 30th of this month (Oct).
    Ferrari's 2023 LMH/Le Mans Hypercar challenger testing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1-dyFpalyc

Screenshot 2022-10-27 at 12-09-26 Ferrari's LMH opened its eyes for the first time at Imola Auto.jpg

The remaining races are probably just going to be damage control.
    The remaining races are to score as many points to keep 2nd in WCC as well as possibly test stuff for 2023

It’s gonna be hard to win another race without red bulls having a DNF, they ARE THAT GOOD

I’d bet money on Perez making a resurgence and suddenly finding pace for his home Grand Prix (how convenient). He will win, with Hamilton in second and either a Ferrari or Verstappen 3rd. After all, Liberty needs to find ways to keep the remaining 3 races interesting right?
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Hamilton will DNF cause why not?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    I’d bet money on Perez making a resurgence and suddenly finding pace for his home Grand Prix (how convenient). He will win, with Hamilton in second and either a Ferrari or Verstappen 3rd. After all, Liberty needs to find ways to keep the remaining 3 races interesting right?
    Sounds correct. No Masi; no Max. Meanwhile Sir Lewis needs a win!

RedBull cost cap breach penalty to be announced today. Unlikely but I wish they get stripped off constructors

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    The remaining races are to score as many points to keep 2nd in WCC as well as possibly test stuff for 2023

It’s gonna be hard to win another race without red bulls having a DNF, they ARE THAT GOOD
    I wonder if the punishment imposed by the FIA will be enough to slow down RBR for 2023.
    The 2023 pre-season testing as well as the early season figures will be critical for the Binnoto-era.
    If it doesn't pan out as expected, Binnoto will either be benched/let go either during or by the 2023 season's end.

Finally, with regards to the P2 position in the constructors, we'll be able to hold off the Mercedes.
    The issue is P2 in the driver's championship for Leclerc.

It could all be affected by the weather forecast which looks changeable and thundery all weekend, and surely Max will move over for Checo on home ground as the championship is done. Forza to our boys anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    It could all be affected by the weather forecast which looks changeable and thundery all weekend, and surely Max will move over for Checo on home ground as the championship is done. Forza to our boys anyway.
    They have to pay a $7MM fine within 30 days lol.

10% reduction in the wind tunnel, and they have to pay for the forensic accounting the FIA had to do. OOOOOOOOO Scary.

Basically this tells everyone that they can buy credits at the dealer table. Simply overspend a bit, and pay a small fine. Every team should do the same next year, I am 100% sure Merc will. Why not? If anything, Ferrari will be the only one not taking advantage of this silliness while everyone else outperforms them because you know... "for the good of the sport"

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    They have to pay a $7MM fine within 30 days lol.

10% reduction in the wind tunnel, and they have to pay for the forensic accounting the FIA had to do. OOOOOOOOO Scary.

Basically this tells everyone that they can buy credits at the dealer table. Simply overspend a bit, and pay a small fine. Every team should do the same next year, I am 100% sure Merc will. Why not? If anything, Ferrari will be the only one not taking advantage of this silliness while everyone else outperforms them because you know... "for the good of the sport"
    Some of the teams like Ferrari, Mercedes, and Alpine could easily throw away $100m dollars. Based on $7 mil per 1.86 pounds. That allows them to be about $30m over budget. If they win the championships, that means a larger post season payouts. In fact the diff between 1st and 2nd is about $10m, and 2nd to 3rd is another $10m. So RBR getting fined $7m to win an extra $10m is a great business strategy and they are laughing their butts off. Not to mention all the sponsor and promotional benefits of being champions.

This is all one big sugarhoneyicetae show!

I'm not saying they should go back to the days where the teams could blow up as many engines as they want, but they should be able to use about 10 in a season especially when considering there's supposed to be 24 races next year!

Great! Charles smashes the car up...

New gearbox will be needed.

Oh Charles. Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    Great! Charles smashes the car up...

New gearbox will be needed.
    It’s Friday….!! Actual gear box will be incorporated during FP3.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    It’s Friday….!! Actual gear box will be incorporated during FP3.
    Ah of course

FFS

I'm going to bed.

I don't think Pirelli should be able to specify race weekends for tyre tests, it makes watching practice sessions pretty pointless.

They should just have 3 dry compounds as well soft, medium, hard. None of this c1, c2, c3, c4, c5 with Pirelli stating what compounds are used.
    Last edited by 458 Italia; 28th October 2022 at 22:15.

Missed FP1/2 sessions but damage to Charles' car doesn't appear to be major, hopefully any bad luck/mistakes are done for the weekend, Carlos doing OK so far but these tyre tests shouldn't be part of practice sessions for the race.

3rd fastest car again.

This looks bad

Mercedes is so fast…

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    3rd fastest car again.
    Wts the point being fastest in FP’s & Quali’s?

Ferrari will loose out P1 anyways to Max… either through drivers disastrous starts or race pace.

It’s just we are fighting for P2 & P3 every race weekend now.

Surprised how season started & how it’s ending.

Gave away 2 years for this season.