Thread: Ferrari secret 3rd paddle on Vettel's car

Ferrari secret 3rd paddle on Vettel's car

The FIA have written to all teams to inform them of a new clampdown on engine modes that increase exhaust flow in corners.

‘Trick’ engine modes have been brought to the FIA’s attention again after Renault’s blown rear wing came under scrutiny before the season opener in Melbourne.

A mysterious third paddle has also appeared on Sebastian Vettel’s steering wheel at Ferrari (and only Vettel’s), with speculation mounting that the Scuderia have found a way to produce a performance boost by altering the car’s settings

Ferrari had tried to keep the third paddle hidden but eagle-eyed photographers have noticed the new addition in the last couple of races.

FIA’s head of single seater technical matters, Nikolas Tombazis, has reiterated the governing body’s stance as they plan to look into each case individually

This is just a speculation for now everything is legal. The media is just trying to create some drama, thats it. Leo Turrini an inside Ferrari man already said that all is alright. Nobody knows what that paddle does, it could be a simple paddle to change the brake-bias, nothing special.

http://scuderiafans.com/lanalisi-di-...-verifica-fia/

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    This is just a speculation for now everything is legal. The media is just trying to create some drama, thats it. Leo Turrini an inside Ferrari man already said that all is alright. Nobody knows what that paddle does, it could be a simple paddle to change the brake-bias, nothing special.

http://scuderiafans.com/lanalisi-di-...-verifica-fia/
    Or dispense water. Would be funny if it does nothing but it distracts the rest of the teams into chasing dead ends while Ferrari put real parts on the car.

Could be a great bluff

Seb needs anything he can get to not let Kimi have the #1 spot. Just imagine Dan alongside Seb knowing he has a special paddle that gives him an extra 100 Hp; !

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Or dispense water. Would be funny if it does nothing but it distracts the rest of the teams into chasing dead ends while Ferrari put real parts on the car.
    That would be simply brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Could be a great bluff
    Agree, would love it.

In a perfect world Seb is just trolling the FIA and Hamilton fanboys lol with the new paddle, will be so disappointed to see it gone this weekend if MIA rule it illegal
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Seb needs anything he can get to not let Kimi have the #1 spot. Just imagine Dan alongside Seb knowing he has a special paddle that gives him an extra 100 Hp; !
    Unfortunately, the biggest obstacle in Kimi's quest for #1 status has been Kimi himself. I think he's lost the killer instinct. I'm not Kimi bashing, he's one of my favourite driver's but he's gone soft.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Unfortunately, the biggest obstacle in Kimi's quest for #1 status has been Kimi himself. I think he's lost the killer instinct. I'm not Kimi bashing, he's one of my favourite driver's but he's gone soft.
    maybe, but then why be in F1 at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    maybe, but then why be in F1 at all?
    You're driving a beast of a car and earning millions doing it, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by gvera View Post
    You're driving a beast of a car and earning millions doing it, why not?
    Exactly my point of view....i'm sure he could earn a few extra bucks now b4 he retires....lol

i wish i had only 0.0000001% of his fortune and i'd be happy....ha, ha....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Ferrari allows guy to drive their car non seriously, just for fun, and pays him big bucks to do it

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Exactly my point of view....i'm sure he could earn a few extra bucks now b4 he retires....lol

i wish i had only 0.0000001% of his fortune and i'd be happy....ha, ha....
    You wish you had $22? That's kinda sad.... 1% okay, maybe even .5% lol

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    You wish you had $22? That's kinda sad.... 1% okay, maybe even .5% lol
    i was only kidding mate....i'd settle for 1%.....lol
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.