Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Italian GP in Monza: Build Up

2019 Italian GP in Monza: Build Up

Now that SPA is done and dusted, let's focus our attention to Monza, Ferrari and Alfa's home GP and probably the most important race on the calendar for both of these teams.

Is it true weekend weather forecast is rain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by denskits View Post
    Is it true weekend weather forecast is rain?

That’s what I’ve read so far
    We’ll see how good the sf90 is in the rain and if it still got the edge over Merc in terms of top speed
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

One forecast I've seen says partly sunny and another says 7mm of rain is likely on Sunday, difficult to know for sure and it won't help us if it's wet.

Ferrari can afford to run with a bit more downforce here, sure it will add some drag but it will also improve overall grip in corners which out car lacks. Sacrificing 6-10 kph straight line speed and gaining a tenth or two in corners is something Ferrari can do here and others can't.

Charles is going to win again.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    That’s what I’ve read so far
    We’ll see how good the sf90 is in the rain and if it still got the edge over Merc in terms of top speed
    If it rains Merc and Red Bull will be ahead, they have more downforce.

Why are we concerned about the rain? Ferrari didn’t do too bad in Germany.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    One forecast I've seen says partly sunny and another says 7mm of rain is likely on Sunday, difficult to know for sure and it won't help us if it's wet.
    Just to add to the confusion, I've seen a forecast that is showing sunny and 24 degrees on Saturday, rain Sunday morning and a 3% chance of rain onSunday afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by Ree View Post
    Just to add to the confusion, I've seen a forecast that is showing sunny and 24 degrees on Saturday, rain Sunday morning and a 3% chance of rain onSunday afternoon
    that adds quite some confusion....but mind you i like this forecast better...

it's jsut a few days away....we'll see how it's gonna turn up
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ree View Post
    that adds quite some confusion....but mind you i like this forecast better...

it's jsut a few days away....we'll see how it's gonna turn up

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Ferrari can afford to run with a bit more downforce here, sure it will add some drag but it will also improve overall grip in corners which out car lacks. Sacrificing 6-10 kph straight line speed and gaining a tenth or two in corners is something Ferrari can do here and others can't.
    This should also help preserve the tyres.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    This should also help preserve the tyres.

Come next race; worse than any weather, Max back in the race could be the biggest factor to deal with. Let's hope for a pole for Charles and max and Lewis having to go at it . And let's see Seb drive around them ! Zero points last race has to be driving Max crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Come next race; worse than any weather, Max back in the race could be the biggest factor to deal with. Let's hope for a pole for Charles and max and Lewis having to go at it . And let's see Seb drive around them ! Zero points last race has to be driving Max crazy!
    max will start from teh back of the grid next race as he's getting penalties for installing a spec 4 engine in his car

max will start from teh back of the grid next race as he's getting penalties for installing a spec 4 engine in his car
    Good to know! Thanks ! I want our boy to win this one big time

Good to know! Thanks ! I want our boy to win this one big time

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post

Sunday rain ��

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Why are we concerned about the rain? Ferrari didn’t do too bad in Germany.
    Vettel kept the car on track in Germany when everyone else crashed left, right and center. The pace of the car in the wet wasn't very good. But if rain has to come, it better come on Sunday than Saturday.

Rosberg: Vettel looked like Barrichello at Belgian GP

Sebastian Vettel looked like Ferrari's most famous number two driver, Rubens Barrichello, at the Belgian Grand Prix, according to former world champion Nico Rosberg.

Despite locking out the front row of the grid at a circuit which suited its advantage in outright engine power, first-time race winner Charles Leclerc was Ferrari's only representative on the podium. Vettel quickly faded in the race and was asked to let Leclerc through at mid-distance after they had been shifted on different strategies.

Vettel then played a key role in delaying the charge of Lewis Hamilton, which turned out to be crucial as the reigning world champion finished the race just 0.9s behind Leclerc. The four-time world champion finished the race a distant fourth behind the Mercedes drivers.

Ahead of the current season, Ferrari boss Mattia Binotto said Vettel would get the benefit of team orders in 50/50 situations, and there were several instances of them being implemented to help the four-time world champion at the start of the season. Ferrari is perhaps the team most known for using team orders in the past -- Rubens Barrichello famously played second fiddle to Michael Schumacher between 2000 and 2005.

Rosberg thinks Leclerc's supreme form has flipped the hierarchy at the Italian team.

"Poor Vettel, Vettel was like a Barrichello in that race," the 2016 world champion said on his video blog. "Just waving past your teammate and helping him out. Amazing, for a four-time world champion, impressive. Let's see how that plays out for Vettel, but he won't be very happy with that, that's for sure.

"Vettel is just struggling with that car at the moment, especially with the rear end, because it's very very nervous and needs the confidence from the rear end and he's just not getting it from the car."

Sebastian Vettel has not won in over a year -- his last victory was the 2018 Belgian Grand Prix. Dean Mouhtaropoulos/Getty Images
    Vettel, who has now not won for over a year, a run stretching back to last year's Belgian Grand Prix, had no answer for his lack of pace after the race, saying that he had to play the team game when it became obvious he was slipping down the order.

"[My race] was about the team. After the first couple of laps I felt I was not able to look after the tyres the way I would like, and from that point onwards I was just there to try and help the team, which I did.

"I couldn't hold him off for a very long time. I tried to obviously make him lose time in order to give Charles a cushion, and in the end it was just enough, so it did the job.I couldn't stay in range to look after myself, and I was sort of playing a road block to make sure that Charles was gaining some time."

Leclerc's emotional win at Spa-Francorchamps, which came just the day after his friend Anthoine Hubert was killed in an F2 race at the same circuit, saw him finally achieve what he had failed to do at several other opportunities this year.

Rosberg thinks Leclerc is red-hot favourite to win again at Ferrari's home race this weekend, the Italian Grand Prix at Monza.

"Awesome job he did," Rosberg added on his blog. "He's driving so well this year and I think this is going to be a really, really important breakthrough for him mentally. Getting that first win gives you so much confidence as a driver, so he's going to get another step -- he's just on it and he feels so good with that car.

"Next race is Monza, another very high-speed track and that's where Ferrari's car is best so Leclerc is the definite favourite again. Which would be epic, the tifosi in Monza, that will be a huge party. That's good for F1 that we get a bit of change there."
    Never mentions Bottas does he?

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    I read one comment from a Lewis fan who said Ferrari used 'dirty team tactics' to help Charles win

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I read one comment from a Lewis fan who said Ferrari used 'dirty team tactics' to help Charles win
    I thought Hamilton fans were annoyed while Ferrari backed Vettel? I guess they will never be happy about what Ferrari does

I might be slightly stupid, but very emotional, would love nothing more than my Seb winning it in rainy Monza. As coping his Torro Rosso win back in the days in 2008. What are the chances, I think in reality now very slim, as soon as he will have confidence back in the car he will deliver. The 2020 car with the high-rake and higher-downforce car should suit him more.

This win will always remain in my heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_Znj_5t4pE

Weather report.

Last edited by Vettel165; 4th September 2019 at 11:14.

Hopefully no rain as we are **** in the rain
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

Sad to see a F1 champion behaving like a internet troll.

This is the forecast from yr.no

Well, rain is part of F1....and weather is something we canNOT change....so we’re gonna see which driver and what team does the best possible job in the rain

He never mention it....because he himself thinks as timo glock