Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Welcome to the team, Carlos Sainz!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    How many times have we seen competition between drivers enhance a team points wise and the driver himself. Namely Max , Charles and throw in Nico @ Merc. 3 seasons straight he came out ahead of his team mate without team orders. Seb for sure came to Ferrari a very strong driver, 4x WDC but leaving Charles free to compete did wonders for him . And the team would have been worse off to say the least if Seb was the leader of the two because of team orders. If I'm wrong, so be it. It's just how I see it.
    I wouldn't say Charles was left free to compete. More like he took the liberty upon himself. But I agree with you. No team orders is best, just instill a sense of team pride and common respect among the drivers so that they race hard but extra careful with each other. I don't mind the odd clash here and there as long as after the race they can pick their hands up, own the mistake and apologise to each other.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Bikus is a McLaren fan, but respects Ferrari
    Lol oh wow, that's interesting.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    How many times have we seen competition between drivers enhance a team points wise and the driver himself. Namely Max , Charles and throw in Nico @ Merc. 3 seasons straight he came out ahead of his team mate without team orders. Seb for sure came to Ferrari a very strong driver, 4x WDC but leaving Charles free to compete did wonders for him . And the team would have been worse off to say the least if Seb was the leader of the two because of team orders. If I'm wrong, so be it. It's just how I see it.
    In his first year in Ferrari, yes, Charles beat Seb , however, things could've been far better if the TP of Ferrari had not allowed for certain things to happen; This is what I am saying.
    3 - 5 races max where they can compete, then strict 1/2 policy where they will abide and that is it.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    I wouldn't say Charles was left free to compete. More like he took the liberty upon himself. But I agree with you. No team orders is best, just instill a sense of team pride and common respect among the drivers so that they race hard but extra careful with each other. I don't mind the odd clash here and there as long as after the race they can pick their hands up, own the mistake and apologise to each other.

Unfortunately you have to have a certain type of driver where that situation works otherwise they'll both drive for each other more than for the team. I think this is why Ferrari said they did such a thorough search for their next driver. Sainz seems to be the type of driver that can be quick but has an even temperament and doesn't seem to get too bothered with team politics. Charles is a very hard driver on track but also seems to be very calm after races and doesn't seem to be bothered by mind games either. I think these two will get along and race each other very hard. Looks like a good pairing and I think the number 1 will come out naturally during the races.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Unfortunately you have to have a certain type of driver where that situation works otherwise they'll both drive for each other more than for the team. I think this is why Ferrari said they did such a thorough search for their next driver. Sainz seems to be the type of driver that can be quick but has an even temperament and doesn't seem to get too bothered with team politics. Charles is a very hard driver on track but also seems to be very calm after races and doesn't seem to be bothered by mind games either. I think these two will get along and race each other very hard. Looks like a good pairing and I think the number 1 will come out naturally during the races.
    That sounds good to me. Let the #1 come out when they are the #1 and not move over for a WDC hope for their team mate. Again the old truth 2,1- 1,2 =s the same WCC points.Oh! and no hitting each other.

1st day of Carlos in Maranello!!!!!
    Attachment 7768
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Seat fit
    Attachment 7769Attachment 7770
    Attachment 7771

He looks great in Red!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    In his first year in Ferrari, yes, Charles beat Seb , however, things could've been far better if the TP of Ferrari had not allowed for certain things to happen; This is what I am saying.
    3 - 5 races max where they can compete, then strict 1/2 policy where they will abide and that is it.
    Let's see what happens in 2023 when Mick gets the seat.

Carlos says he's never been happier than he is to be with Ferrari! He's on even terms with Charles as far as racing each other. Use that HP !! That seat is still the dream of every driver.
    Last edited by Brembo; 27th January 2021 at 13:58.

Any idea about the times set?
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Seb finished 2020 with 33 pts. Charles finished with 98 pts. Meanwhile Sainz finished with 105 pts. ! He very well deserves the seat of seats. Together I hope they score points enough to put Ferrari in the top 3. More HP less down force two great drivers !! Bring on 2021 !!

Schumi meeting launched Sainz’s Ferrari dream

Carlos Sainz has revealed joining Ferrari is the realisation of a childhood dream that was born when he met Michael Schumacher.

The Spaniard is settling into life with the Scuderia as Charles Leclerc’s new team-mate, having been chosen last spring as the replacement for Sebastian Vettel.

In doing so, Sainz has left McLaren, whom he helped to finish third in the 2020 constructors’ World Championship, three positions and 71 points ahead of Ferrari.

But there are certainly no regrets on the part of the 26-year-old, whose affection for the Italian giants stemmed from an encounter with the seven-time former World Champion at the Circuit de Catalunya when he was in his pomp.

“When I was 10 years old, I went to Barcelona and was lucky enough to meet one of my greatest heroes, Michael Schumacher, and visit the Ferrari garage,” said Sainz during an interview with the Ferrari team.

“The atmosphere there was simply special, there is nothing like it. Therefore, I guess the easiest way to describe what joining Scuderia Ferrari means to me is a childhood dream come true.

“However, the way I see it, to put on the red race suit and drive for this team is much more than just a dream. As a racing driver, it’s a great honour and a big responsibility that I really look forward to experiencing and embracing.”

Looking back to his childhood, the son of the 1990 and 1992 World Rally Champion learned at an early age what it was like to sit at the wheel of a red machine.

“I had many red toy cars back in the day and even my first ever go-kart was completely red,” recalled Sainz.

“Nowadays, even the racing car emoji on WhatsApp is red! Every single racing driver and fan knows what Scuderia Ferrari represents and even if you are not into motorsports or even if you don’t like cars at all, you still recognise the brand and associate the colour red with Ferrari. That’s how big it is.”

Sainz has already connected with the Ferrari fans after making a special trip to greet those who turned out to watch his first test in a 2018 car at Fiorano – and followed up by engaging again on social media.

“To all the tifosi out there, I can guarantee my absolute commitment to them and to the Scuderia,” he added.

“We share the same passion for this team and they can be sure I will give my absolute best to make them proud.

“I will drive my heart out in every single race and work hard away from the track to help the team improve faster.

“I’m sure we also share the ambition of seeing Ferrari back where it belongs and with their support, I’m convinced we will get there sooner than later.

“It is an absolute honour to represent the best fans in the world and I’m impatient to jump in the car and go racing knowing they are with me.”

https://www.planetf1.com/news/carlos...umacher-dream/
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

RESPECT !!!!
    Attachment 7774
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

CARLOS SAINZ, I want to have a special relationship with CHARLES like the one I had with LANDO:
    Lando is also very fast, and at the same time very easy to deal with, so you have to handle both.
    But it is also very nice to have someone who, after qualifying or a race, is happy or sad because he has won you or you have won, who comes with a totally open mind, without trying to hide anything from anyone.
    You are sincere and honest with your rival, with your teammate, you shake his hand to congratulate him and recognize the work he has done and vice versa.
    It's something that I think is a special relationship, and something that I'm willing to continue having with Charles in the future. It makes the work environment and the team a lot less pressured.
    It makes everyone's life so much easier, and the team can move forward much faster and better.
    I get along well with Charles and we have already discussed the plans for this season.
    Until you get into the team, it is difficult to understand and really difficult to know what is happening. My relationship with Charles is really very good. I hope to continue getting along with him."
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    RESPECT !!!!
    Attachment 7774
    Class act. Little gestures for the people that pay the bills goes a long way both for Carlos and the team. Hope to see more of this from both drivers.