Page 1 of 13 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Miami Grand Prix Thread - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying

2022 Miami Grand Prix Thread - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying

Did they finish painting the water?

LOL

Current weather forecasts a lot of rain on Sunday. Hopefully it changes before then....I will be there and would like see our cars with full power in the heat with dry conditions. I agree that the fake marina is ridiculous, however it should be a good weekend overall. Really looking forward to seeing some live racing as it has been a long time since I have attended a race with Montreal being cancelled due to Covid.

No Rain
    Forza Ferrari
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Dress your best if you do go as numerous gold-chain "celebrities" will attend to get their pictures taken!
    Martin Brundle will be practicing his starting grid gushing too so not to be missed;)

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Current weather forecasts a lot of rain on Sunday. Hopefully it changes before then....I will be there and would like see our cars with full power in the heat with dry conditions. I agree that the fake marina is ridiculous, however it should be a good weekend overall. Really looking forward to seeing some live racing as it has been a long time since I have attended a race with Montreal being cancelled due to Covid.

No Rain
    Forza Ferrari
    hope you'll have some fun and witness a Ferrari win....
    are you going to the Montreal one as well???
    I am going, as i go every year....bar the 2 years missing due to covid

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post

No Rain
    Forza Ferrari
    Don't mind me ferrari1.8t and do enjoy yourself! It'll be your headstart on Summer
    and I hope another success for our team. FORZA FERRARI!!!

No no no please no rain! Google says 30% chance between 2-3 PM.

At least high will be 87F and low 75F so any water should evaporate quickly.

Since last race, I would prefere dry race

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    hope you'll have some fun and witness a Ferrari win....
    are you going to the Montreal one as well???
    I am going, as i go every year....bar the 2 years missing due to covid
    I’d like to go to Montreal as well, but I had to make a choice between the two races this year. I don’t know who in the FIA/Liberty thought it was a good idea to put Miami on Mother’s Day lol. I’ll end up returning to Montreal next year for sure!

Hoping for a Ferrari win as well!!
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by SFTifoso View Post
    No no no please no rain! Google says 30% chance between 2-3 PM.

At least high will be 87F and low 75F so any water should evaporate quickly.
    I’m praying for no rain as well! Hopefully we have a dry race and can unleash our potential!
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Corriere Dellla Serra: "At Imola, Red Bull brought a small package of updates , which helped lighten Max Verstappen's car by around 4 kg. These updates will arrive for Sergio Perez in Miami."

Corriere Della Serra: "Up to now, the Scuderia has been able to count on some important advantages over the competition deriving from being particularly ready on the track, thanks to a fast and easy-to-drive car, and an engine with better reliability than the power unit."

Corriere Della Serra: "However, with the steps forward made by Red Bull at Imola, which will have to be confirmed immediately in Miami, a totally new track but which, at least on paper, shouldn't be too displeasing to the RB18s given the important..."

Corriere Della Serra: "[...] extensions, Ferrari needs a step forward and this can only be guaranteed by new updates."

Corriere Della Serra: In Miami there will be some small innovations of adaptation for Ferrari at a track that is to be considered medium-low load while the most important package is expected in Barcelona.

Corriere Della Serra: Changes are expected in various areas, such as the floor and the sidepods, waiting for a new rear suspension that could arrive in the second half of the season to allow the F1-75 to extract even more potential.

Corriere Della Serra: The main objective is to eliminate the porpoising because it could guarantee a new important step forward, especially in the type of corners similar to the 9 and 10 in Melbourne or like the Tamburello in Imola.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Don't think we will do well here, the track is perfectly made for the strengths of RB

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    Don't think we will do well here, the track is perfectly made for the strengths of RB
    really??? would you like to elaborate more on this???

I feel we’re gonna be battling back and forth with the RB all race long. Like they’ll pass us on the first DRS zone, but we’ll pass them on the 3rd DRS zone.

Previous reports from Motorsport Italy suggested that Ferrari would introduce the new hybrid system (new MGU-K, battery, CE) in Miami & now they report that the upgrade is only for the MGU-K (with battery, CE to be updated later).
    They say Charles switched to PU2 in Miami.

Motorsport Italy writes that Ferrari are happy with the reliability of the PU, thus can use more aggressive engine mappings (the article doesn‘t say anything about how much the power increase will be, so there is no number!)
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Supposedly one of the floors we tested in Imola shows a metal skid, underneath the floor, to stop the floor from stalling (porposing). Between the NGK and Brembo logos. RB is said to have one too, as they found a loophole around on the banning of side skirts.

My take is if Ferrari wins here, RB is finished. If Ferrari doesn't, then Barcelona is a must win.

Quote Originally Posted by SFTifoso View Post
    https://i.ibb.co/jW7NTp4/F8-D933-CC-...-E4-D941-F.jpg

Supposedly one of the floors we tested in Imola shows a metal skid, underneath the floor, to stop the floor from stalling (porposing). Between the NGK and Brembo logos. RB is said to have one too, as they found a loophole around on the banning of side skirts.
    It's said that this part seemed to limit the porpoising well in Imola, and that it will be tried again in Miami. This might be their best solution to date to contain porpoising and combined with the revised rear wing and extra hp, seriously increase their straight speed

Aziz mate you must feel that every track is purpose built for red bull?change your tune pal.and offer some reasoning with your post.Dont just make a situation up without a foundation.Example ferrari will do well dry weather warm temp.and a fast track layout will suit the ferrari throw in some nice drs zones and a car that is planted bodes well for a solid result.Now you try.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Aziz mate you must feel that every track is purpose built for red bull?change your tune pal.and offer some reasoning with your post.Dont just make a situation up without a foundation.Example ferrari will do well dry weather warm temp.and a fast track layout will suit the ferrari throw in some nice drs zones and a car that is planted bodes well for a solid result.Now you try.
    +1 I'm optimistic on most tracks with a reliable and versatile car like we've got this year. Reliability problems like RB has exhibited can occur on ANY track?
    Also neither of our drivers are reckless primadonnas and Carlos WILL again deliver as in the past once he calms down which could've happened at Imola had
    he not been Smiley Ricciardo's victim.

Looks unseasonably hot with a good chance of dry weather to me. Miami seldom goes above 34°C before the solstice, but could possibly do that on Sunday. They really should run this race in April either way, much better percentage chance of good weather that time of the year and could easily swap places with Imola that then gets better weather in turn.

If Miami/FIA want to draw more people they should hold it during the northern hemisphere's colder months because
    only high Summer is a more miserable time of year down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Liscia View Post
    If Miami/FIA want to draw more people they should hold it during the northern hemisphere's colder months because
    only high Summer is a more miserable time of year down there.
    I was just in Orlando and it was hot AF.

Miami is another 250Mi south.

Gonna be… moist….

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Looks unseasonably hot with a good chance of dry weather to me. Miami seldom goes above 34°C before the solstice, but could possibly do that on Sunday. They really should run this race in April either way, much better percentage chance of good weather that time of the year and could easily swap places with Imola that then gets better weather in turn.
    Or November.

The F1 calendar is the most dyslexic thing I’ve ever seen. Middle East to South Pacific to Europe to the North America to Europe to North America to Europe to to Asia to North America to South America to Middle East.

Wanna reduce costs? Buy a damn map and stop running back and forth like a crack head.

#AMus: The first initial upgrades of the F1-75 will debut in Miami. It will mainly involve adapting the F1-75 to the fast circuit.

Binotto: "We are confident that our package for Miami is a fairly efficient one."

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Or November.

The F1 calendar is the most dyslexic thing I’ve ever seen. Middle East to South Pacific to Europe to the North America to Europe to North America to Europe to to Asia to North America to South America to Middle East.

Wanna reduce costs? Buy a damn map and stop running back and forth like a crack head.
    Quite agree, crazy planning and jet-lagged drivers, not to mention the team personnel. It's all about the money, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    #AMus: The first initial upgrades of the F1-75 will debut in Miami. It will mainly involve adapting the F1-75 to the fast circuit.
    Binotto: "We are confident that our package for Miami is a fairly efficient one."
    Isn't Fairly Efficient almost Inefficient? How can Ferrari be confident with that?

That's standard Binotto modest-speak. He knows as do we that the proof will be in the pudding. Even with accurate modern simulations
    on a previously untested track it's foolish to brag or make predictions that would be uncharacteristic of him anyway. FORZA FERRARI!!!
    Last edited by Liscia; 5th May 2022 at 21:52.

It's a bit odd that we haven't fit the new rear wing on the car yet. Merc have put them on . Is it gonna be something special??? I doubt it . It's just a low drag rear, why keeping it secret till tomorrow??
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    It's a bit odd that we haven't fit the new rear wing on the car yet. Merc have put them on . Is it gonna be something special??? I doubt it . It's just a low drag rear, why keeping it secret till tomorrow??
    Either team is super confident or the opposite.