Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forza Francesco

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Francesco Cigarini, you and all team risk lifes for just over 2 seconds a stop. Sorry, you got hurt doing what you love, heres to full speedy recovery my friend.

http://i65.tinypic.com/64ntac.jpg
    Well said, pronta guarigione Francesco.

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/fe...piedi-1024287/

Kimi had called Francesco on the phone. Nice move by Kimi.

Causal fans trying to say Kimi did not care about the mechanic getting injured.

Most important for medical team to attend to him, there were 14 people around him. What was Kimi going to do? Go in their and create a mess?

Did Kimi even know about his condition when he walked into the garage?

I am also sure Francesco was in no need too see Kimi immediately in that horrible situation.

They will have plenty of time to hug when Francesco is not need of urgent medical care.

People trying to stir up something thats not there as usual :-/
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Francesco doing his intallation lap......he's on crutches and cast is off. (video)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhWglylF7pR/

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Francesco doing his intallation lap......he's on crutches and cast is off. (video)

Well done francesco. Its not easy keeping a good man down at least not for long. Have a speedy recovery.
    Hope to see you back in the garage soon.

Forza Jules

Horrific injury for Francesco. Hopefully he makes a full recovery, but that appeared to be a pretty bad break.

As for Kimi, he came of looking like a for his lack of concern. If he actually cared, he would have gone over and checked on the mechanic, even if he couldn't get close. Post race comments are nothing but PR non sense.

What could be done, I think every team should have to use the exact same system. Perhaps even issued by the FIA. Maybe each wheel gunner needs to hit a button that should be pushed, and once all 4 are pushed then the green light is given to the driver. Or maybe they mandate the tire holder stands behind axle they are working on. Or maybe they limit the pit crew numbers. Besides, I personally would like to see more variance in pitstops.

One question.

Why is NOBODY communicating with Raikkonen when he comes back to the pits? Would it not be normal for someone to inform him what was going on etc?

It just seems that everyone completely ignores him.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Speedy recovery Franco.
    Read an article saying Ferrari's pit stop is different from other F1 teams. Anybody care to explain please?

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Post race comments are nothing but PR non sense.
    Yeah right. Even he had checked mechanic most people says that was just pr, he doesn't care. So why care post ig or call to mechanics afterwards, just for pr. Yeah that's just Kimi he cares nothing else just pr... or

How about hole wall crew? They don't care because they don't came to see? How about Seb, he don't care, just cruising around track?

All the hype about Kimi not caring...
    you are in a podium position with the entire season ahead, and Mercedes as your competitor, where every point is GOLD...
    The man was that his race was over... there were enough people around that he did not need to make a show...
    I am most certain, in the garage his first question was... is Francesco all right!
    as for not caring... I think he does, and has been in touch with Francesco.

as for the interviews... his response was ... his response, remember all, english is not his first language regardless...

and lastly... Well wishes to Francesco... sorry about your injury, and a speedy recovery! SEE YOU in the pits SOONEST!!!!!

In bocca al lupo, Francesco!

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Jakke74 View Post
    Yeah right. Even he had checked mechanic most people says that was just pr, he doesn't care. So why care post ig or call to mechanics afterwards, just for pr. Yeah that's just Kimi he cares nothing else just pr... or

How about hole wall crew? They don't care because they don't came to see? How about Seb, he don't care, just cruising around track?
    Tend to agree with this, TBH

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Francesco doing his installation lap......he's on crutches and cast is off. (video)

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

That was horrific, it's amazing that he's up and walking about (albeit on crutches) so quickly!
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Jakke74 View Post

They didn't show what the pit wall did after the accident, but it did show Mauricio go back to the pit wall which perhaps means he checked on the injured guy. In any case, there were still those that needed to do a job. Kimi's job was over, and he was too busy pouting about his lost position and didn't bother to check on the guy he just ran over. Big difference. I mean seriously, mentioning Seb's lack of concern while racing?

What was shown was Kimi ignoring the guy he just ran over. That first impression matters. After that, the PR people get their hands in there and can tell Kimi to publicly show concern or to call him. Kimi calling his injured comrade shouldn't even be news. It should be an expectation. Yet Ferrari seemed the need to publicize his touching phone call of concern. I see that as damage control. Whether Kimi genuinely had compassion for the guy later is irrelevant, his initial actions showed a lack of concern for his teammate.

I don't let my passion for Ferrari or preference of Kimi over Seb obscure my logic. I call it like I see it, and to me Kimi looked pretty dis-concerned.

Running a pit man over for the hell of it isn't good for his image. Thank God he didn't feel like backing up and getting him again. And with all Kimi's medical background why didn't he check to see if he could have helped? Truly "The Ice Man!". Please know I'm just trying to fit in with all the expert comments.

great to see him doing better
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

They didn't show what the pit wall did after the accident, but it did show Mauricio go back to the pit wall which perhaps means he checked on the injured guy. In any case, there were still those that needed to do a job. Kimi's job was over, and he was too busy pouting about his lost position and didn't bother to check on the guy he just ran over. Big difference. I mean seriously, mentioning Seb's lack of concern while racing?

What was shown was Kimi ignoring the guy he just ran over. That first impression matters. After that, the PR people get their hands in there and can tell Kimi to publicly show concern or to call him. Kimi calling his injured comrade shouldn't even be news. It should be an expectation. Yet Ferrari seemed the need to publicize his touching phone call of concern. I see that as damage control. Whether Kimi genuinely had compassion for the guy later is irrelevant, his initial actions showed a lack of concern for his teammate.

I don't let my passion for Ferrari or preference of Kimi over Seb obscure my logic. I call it like I see it, and to me Kimi looked pretty dis-concerned.
    Basicly what you say is: it doesn't matter what really is the case, but how YOU feel about it. Dear God..

First of all, watch the footage again: he didn't ignore the guy. Kimi came down the pitlane clearly angry about his DNF. Then at the Ferrari pitbox he sees the situation and stays behind to watch what is going on. At this point anyone who is NOT needed at the site shouldn't be on the site. Paramedics should be allowed to do their job. So because Kimi really can't do anything and rushing to him to say "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, are you hurt" can wait. The guy is in pain and the only thing he needs right now is medical attention. They can talk later when the situation is not that urgent.

So he didn't ignore him.

And what comes to his interviews.
    A) He said that he hopes the guy is okey and keeps repeating "The light was green" (To me this seems like he is going through the accident in his head, what happened, why, could he have prevented it and so on.) In Finnish TV's interview he was clearly shocked and upset (quieter than normally in his Finnish interviews)
    B) I'm 100 % certain that Ferrari doesn't want their driver to be the person who tells the live audience about the condition of the mechanic (at this point they probably don't even know because the mechanic was transported into hospital, most likely). So they want to wait until they know what the situation is and then issue a statement. Basic 1-on-1 on PR. And any case, a driver of the team is not the messenger in this matter.
    C)And lastly: Kimi Räikkönen does not owe any apology to YOU or to me or to anyone watching the sport. It was not his fault what happened and he called the guy so I'm quite sure that is enough.

For many people this is just one case to show their dislike towards Kimi and also their own morale highground "I would've gone and weep with him, because I am a better person" (I am talking in general about this case, after seeing those very upset and overly dramatic social media reactions.)

Quote Originally Posted by barzini77 View Post
    Basicly what you say is: it doesn't matter what really is the case, but how YOU feel about it. Dear God..

First of all, watch the footage again: he didn't ignore the guy. Kimi came down the pitlane clearly angry about his DNF. Then at the Ferrari pitbox he sees the situation and stays behind to watch what is going on. At this point anyone who is NOT needed at the site shouldn't be on the site. Paramedics should be allowed to do their job. So because Kimi really can't do anything and rushing to him to say "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, are you hurt" can wait. The guy is in pain and the only thing he needs right now is medical attention. They can talk later when the situation is not that urgent.

So he didn't ignore him.

A) He said that he hopes the guy is okey and keeps repeating "The light was green" (To me this seems like he is going through the accident in his head, what happened, why, could he have prevented it and so on.) In Finnish TV's interview he was clearly shocked and upset (quieter than normally in his Finnish interviews)
    B) I'm 100 % certain that Ferrari doesn't want their driver to be the person who tells the live audience about the condition of the mechanic (at this point they probably don't even know because the mechanic was transported into hospital, most likely). So they want to wait until they know what the situation is and then issue a statement. Basic 1-on-1 on PR. And any case, a driver of the team is not the messenger in this matter.
    C)And lastly: Kimi Räikkönen does not owe any apology to YOU or to me or to anyone watching the sport. It was not his fault what happened and he called the guy so I'm quite sure that is enough.

For many people this is just one case to show their dislike towards Kimi and also their own morale highground "I would've gone and weep with him, because I am a better person" (I am talking in general about this case, after seeing those very upset and overly dramatic social media reactions.)
    ferrari needs to sort out their pit equipment, kimi's messed up pit at free practice was a warning and it seems they didn't rectify the issue yet. Maybe they are still working on alternative pitstop equipment and i hope they bring it asap. Supposedly the wheel guns/nuts used are not doing the job properly for the ferrari teams. The tyre wasnt loose even after the wheel gun was used to remove the tyre, which is why unfortunately the whole incident at bahrain happened. Other 'experts' or 'people trying to give good explanations' say its either the equipment as well or that the shared ferrari parts that is used to tighten/loosen the tyre is getting tooo hot and the guns are failing to work properly.

A pure accident that should never happen again. hopefully ferrari take it seriously and solve this issue because reliability is very important and points lost by stupid wheel guns problems should be easily avoidable. Kimi lost 15/12 points and Haas lost very valuable points already.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Thankfully...

hoping its not some giant flaw in design that ferrari will have to change if the problems are not equipment

So he didn't ignore him.

You seem to have completely misunderstood. The emphasis is on LATER. That is irrelevant. Not the question of if he had concern yes or no. People can believe what they want about Kimi's compassion, who cares, that's not what I am discussing. I am only commenting on what I clearly observed. Millions of others saw the same thing and it seems to be for the most part, only the Kimi/Ferrari fans defending him.

I certainly don't think anyone is suggesting Kimi ran over the person on purpose or it was a Kimi mistake. I also don't think anyone is asking him to apologize for anything. So why are you even suggesting that?

You seem to have completely misunderstood. The emphasis is on LATER. That is irrelevant. Not the question of if he had concern yes or no. People can believe what they want about Kimi's compassion, who cares, that's not what I am discussing. I am only commenting on what I clearly observed. Millions of others saw the same thing and it seems to be for the most part, only the Kimi/Ferrari fans defending him.

I certainly don't think anyone is suggesting Kimi ran over the person on purpose or it was a Kimi mistake. I also don't think anyone is asking him to apologize for anything. So why are you even suggesting that?
    But you and other decided that he wasn't concerned about him at the spot. That is just false. YOU decided on your head that he didn't care and later it was just PR stuff to say that he called the guy. That's not what happened.

I really hope Francesco's leg and especially his knee will be alright. That looked so nasty. Hopefully the docs pieced it together as it should be. Get well soon, Francesco.

But you and other decided that he wasn't concerned about him at the spot. That is just false. YOU decided on your head that he didn't care and later it was just PR stuff to say that he called the guy. That's not what happened.
    I didn't decide he wasn't concerned. I, along with millions of others saw a lack of concern. How can you say I'm wrong and you're right? Because you believe he cared?

There are those that make judgement on what they believe, and those that make judgement on what they see. Let's just agree to disagree.

I didn't decide he wasn't concerned. I, along with millions of others saw a lack of concern. How can you say I'm wrong and you're right? Because you believe he cared?

There are those that make judgement on what they believe, and those that make judgement on what they see. Let's just agree to disagree.
    Because I saw he was concerned about the mechanic? Watch the footage again.

I remember clearly Shumy pushing Rubens into a wall. But for a hair of space Rubens said he would have been killed. No apology from Schumy . Perhaps Kimi was following Schumy's champion ways? No remorse. I remember how concerned fans were here.
    Last edited by Brembo; 13th April 2018 at 09:48.

100% correct what transpired was shock and dissapointment together this can cause a blank face.