Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Singapore GP: Race

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Also shout out to Charles. P9 in a Sauber on a track he has never driven before.
    Absolutely. Good to see we have great talent coming in.
    Silently, like a shadow

Also a shout out to Alonso. What a brilliant drive.
    McLaren might be doomed without him. Unless they improve that car massively next year.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    Nailed it. I feel this is more like the actual situation.
    Right now, i still feel our car is better than the merc. Will merc be able to stay with us next year? Difficult to say, but it is entirely likely that we will begin next year in a similar fashion, with us having the slightly better car. And it will get stronger.
    Don’t the new front wing rules come in next year that will benefit NON Rake cars?

Unless there's a huge performance gap, I don't see Ferrari winning any further races this year. Hamilton has Vettel in his pocket at the moment, never mind the moronic strategy calls. I've been fed up with hearing 'next year' for the last decade; realistically, it'll be have to be 'next year' again.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Don’t the new front wing rules come in next year that will benefit NON Rake cars?
    You mean the rake is not adjustable? Doubt the new wings will make massive changes to the running order.....
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    He was ahead of Max before the disastrous pit call. Vettel would've finished P2 today easily...unless you think Max was fast enough to overtake him.
    Max had very good race pace. It would have been close.
    The mistake by the pitwall is bad tyre choice. Had they still put on the softs, SV would still have come out behind Max. Its true, he had more of a chance of challenging max with the softs, but iits not an easy track to overtake (ask perez )
    Dont know why they are getting so much flak.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    of cause not, but i feel like the way M.A is running the team they are doomed to repeat the same mistakes over and over just forgiving and forgetting instead of fixing and correcting
    Yeah

His background is selling cigarettes, marketing that will kill you. It is all about covering the blatant lies and your own asses against the facts. You learn to cheat yourself as well.

Even so. RBH will suffer a bit. Cant see it affecting us or the merc too much.
    Silently, like a shadow

Whiting apparently came into cool-down room and apologised Hamilton for Grosjean holding him up! That's ridiculous situation. This is not a fair treatment, but apparently in today's world equality to the law is applied selectively. In Valencia 2010 Ferrari was stuck behind the safety car and yet no one was interested in saying sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Lega Verde View Post
    Yeah

His background is selling cigarettes, marketing that will kill you. It is all about covering the blatant lies and your own asses against the facts. You learn to cheat yourself as well.
    good point
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Michal2_F1 View Post
    Whiting apparently came into cool-down room and apologised Hamilton for Grosjean holding him up! That's ridiculous situation. This is not a fair treatment, but apparently in today's world equality to the law is applied selectively. In Valencia 2010 Ferrari was stuck behind the safety car and yet no one was interested in saying sorry.
    disgusting bias, should expect this by now though
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Must have missed this. What was this statement?
    “We beat them at their home, we take British flag back to Maranello”

How frustrating is it: first the bad timing in qualifying and now the team decision today?

Vettel: "I think it‘s part of the game. Sometimes small things are missing. As long as we learn from it and do it better next time, it‘s not a big drama!"

Vettel: "There was no other option left at the end. If we would have pitted again, we would have come in P6, so at that point we had nothing to lose. In the first few laps we obviously thought the race would end differently. I think we tried and it backfired."

FerrariSteve Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Michal2_F1 View Post
    Please tell me this is a joke. Surely it cannot be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    “We beat them at their home, we take British flag back to Maranello”
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    Please tell me this is a joke. Surely it cannot be true.
    No it did happen. But i dont see why its such a big issue.
    Prbly happens all the time, only we got to see it this time.
    Silently, like a shadow

Must have missed this. What was this statement?
    He said: "Yes! Here on their [Mercedes’] home turf…Hahaha…. Thanks, thanks a million. Great car, great work, all the team great strategy…Thank you…Now we’ll take the English flag back to Maranello!”

Sent from my Galaxy Note9 using Tapatalk

Apparently one of the reasons they pitted Seb early, they misunderstood what Lewis was saying on the radio about his tyres.

I was watching it on Channel 4 and they picked up on this point saying that Lewis said something else to what Ferrari are saying?

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    He said: "Yes! Here on their [Mercedes’] home turf…Hahaha…. Thanks, thanks a million. Great car, great work, all the team great strategy…Thank you…Now we’ll take the English flag back to Maranello!”

After that hasn’t it being Ferrari 1 win, Merc 5 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Apparently one of the reasons they pitted Seb early, they misunderstood what Lewis was saying on the radio about his tyres.

I was watching it on Channel 4 and they picked up on this point saying that Lewis said something else to what Ferrari are saying?
    Didn’t Lewis say the tyres were good
    What did Ferrari think he said.

Surly they could have rewound it and listened again

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Indeed we are improving and next year we can take the next step.
    so by taking these small steps every year, by 2042 we should have a shot at WDC and WCC.....CANNOT wait
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

https://twitter.com/ScuderiaFerrari/...40805942837249

Ferrari lost all class with this tweet. I dont recognize Ferrari from the first half of the season. Unfortunately it seems, they lost development race once again, strategies are nothing but stupid and now ths comment about race which was boring mainly because Ferrari was nowhere... Sad days of my favourite team, I hoped that death of Sergio Marchionne will not have big impact on team, but now we can see, that without genius of SM we are falling apart....

After that hasn’t it being Ferrari 1 win, Merc 5 wins.
    That's why I said it's karma. We shouldn't have been cocky.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Ferrari this year is at our best we've ever been in this V6 PU era. I see no reason why Ferrari cannot continue on this path of improvement.

Merc had the advantage of getting it right early on, so they will always remain a strong opponent. But Ferrari have been improving, and I'd expect next year we will be even stronger than this.
    Not with that pitwall
    Red is the only color!!!

(Best moment of today's race)

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariDave View Post
    We may lose the championship this year but I just want to see seb start winning again!

i was very nervous for the start of this race. I'm happy with 3rd; better than P0. Clearly seb's run in with the wall cost him a lot. Too many mistakes again this weekend, but each track is unique and sochi will show if in fact we have the pace to win again or if merc has figured out our 'tricks'.

Also, this race was another example of our team just not understanding the dynamics of the race. I couldn't believe when seb pit early, this track is not easy to overtake on and the tyres take time to warm up, with the gap so big to lewis there was no way he was going to get out ahead with the undercut. We showed our strategy first too and we are lucky to be p3 today with that tyre strategy.

Small errors over the course of the year have compound as each race goes on. Seb works at his best when he has confidence in the team, just listen to his radio when he wins. But when there is problems in the team he takes it upon himself to push the team and the car. And because of these on the limit pushes he has been making mistakes in practice, qualifying, and the race. How many times have we seen him spin and crash this year when he didn't need to while pushing to the max.

I still feel we can win more races if we take a more fundamental approach and focus on each race as they come. By this point in the year there is no point trying to extract that .050 extra from the car if it means you have a risk of crashing.

I love this team to the bitter end, so we just need to learn from this and build ourselves back up.

See you guys in Sochi.

Forza Ferrari!
    Well said, but the problem now is that we're realistically too far behind for this year and next year the competition will most likely be stronger from other teams, so we must maintain the momentum we had earlier this season and sort out these errors by both drivers and pit wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Honzus View Post

Ferrari lost all class with this tweet. I dont recognize Ferrari from the first half of the season. Unfortunately it seems, they lost development race once again, strategies are nothing but stupid and now ths comment about race which was boring mainly because Ferrari was nowhere... Sad days of my favourite team, I hoped that death of Sergio Marchionne will not have big impact on team, but now we can see, that without genius of SM we are falling apart....
    Petronas reply:
    https://twitter.com/PET_Motorsports/...48890195369984
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by Honzus View Post

i'm afraid we're already seeing the effects on that....sad but very true
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Yes, they asked for this reply..... sad is, that time for waking up si over.....

Maurizio Arrivabene: ”Today’s winner deserved the victory. After Sebastian overtook Verstappen, we went for an aggressive strategy, trying for the undercut on the Ultrasoft tyres. Unfortunately, during the one lap that would prove to be crucial, we found ourselves behind another car and so we were unable to run at a fast enough pace. Despite today’s result, not all is lost. Now, calmly and with determination, we will tackle the remaining six races, fighting all the way to the end.”

Sebastian Vettel: ”It’s never easy to come and win even if, obviously, that was our target. Yesterday the qualifying didn’t go the way we wanted and we couldn’t extract the best out of ourselves. Today, starting from third position, we had to try something different, but it didn’t work out and we finished where we started. We were running second after a good start which allowed me to get past Max, I was happy and confident when I got the call to box, I knew I needed a mega out lap to try and challenge for the lead but it didn’t work. I lost time behind another car and the brakes got a little too hot, it was close but we got the worse of it. I fully support the team’s decision because, as I am sitting in the car, I can’t be aware of everything that goes on, so I rely on them. Our target was not to finish third, but today we just did not have enough speed.”

Kimi Raikkonen: ”Not much happened today in the race; the car was behaving well and we had a fair speed, but most of the time we were stuck behind somebody and taking care of the tires. On this track it’s impossible to overtake, unless the guy in front makes a massive mistake. I could see Bottas struggling with his front right tire and locking it sometimes, I could get closer to him but not enough to pass. Through the middle part of the track it was even difficult to follow him because we were losing downforce. In the first stint we stayed out longer hoping for a Safety Car, but it did not happen. The qualifying here is the key and obviously, when you start behind, your race ends up being a bit boring, getting stuck behind other cars. There was no way we could use our speed. Obviously we wanted more, we did what we could, but this is what we have got today.”
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE