Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Lewis Hamilton driving for the Scuderia?

I have to say, I support Ferrari, but if I was a driver, I would not drive for them.

The reason I say that is that the culture of the team isn't one that seems to be the most productive. Youv'e got a lot of non-racing people like Marchionne coming in putting pressure on people, people getting fired for making mistakes, blame being shifted here and there, there is a culture of this we have seen inside Ferrari over the last 10 years or so. Ferrari does have a mythical status I agree, but personally, someone like Lewis who I suspect needs a bit of stability in the team, doesn't see himself as a great fit....also, I personally would not want to pack up and just leave for Italy, but that's another personal decision.

There just seems to be so much internal politics in that team and I think it puts people off.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    hopefully hamilton will never ever be part of the ferrari f1 team. plus he wouldn't leave the team that makes a car that dominates the sport in every way
    His contract ends 2017 into 2018; question is will Mercedes want to re-new a contract with him going forward if there are options on the table?? It's really not up to him.

From a Mercedes perspective, Vettel is the better driver on the track and off the track.....in all facets that make an F1 driver. He puts in the time when needed always and

in all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariRed View Post
    I have to say, I support Ferrari, but if I was a driver, I would not drive for them.

The reason I say that is that the culture of the team isn't one that seems to be the most productive. Youv'e got a lot of non-racing people like Marchionne coming in putting pressure on people, people getting fired for making mistakes, blame being shifted here and there, there is a culture of this we have seen inside Ferrari over the last 10 years or so. Ferrari does have a mythical status I agree, but personally, someone like Lewis who I suspect needs a bit of stability in the team, doesn't see himself as a great fit....also, I personally would not want to pack up and just leave for Italy, but that's another personal decision.

There just seems to be so much internal politics in that team and I think it puts people off.
    aaahhhh.....someone with some insight.....its not negative but there are alot of things being said here in a general sense. This is ball-sy.....here here. A supporter of the

brand but not afraid to critique it and with some in-depth knowledge as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariRed View Post

It is amazing how winning removes all these issues but there is no bigger honour in motorsport than winning the wdc with ferrari and you have the tifose aswell

I just dont know why would Lewis want to leave Merc. After all, he is constantly repeating how you are part of the Merc family forever if you retire with them. Seb could leave for Merc only if Lewis wins his fifth title and decides to retire.q

If that happens maybe we can sign FA for two years and wait for Max to develop even furher.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    I am sorry I dearly love Ferrari and I have images of Schumi, Alesi and Prost on my walls driving Ferraris but the day it is announced that Lewis has signed for Ferrari is the day I cease to be a Ferrari fan, yes I am aware 99% of people on here will hate me for that but I am only being honest.

also the thought of his so-very-toxic fans suddenly being Ferrari fans makes me want to vomit.
    You and Rob echo my sentiments on the subject, the simple answer is no!

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Lewis may be the fastest driver out there but he would not be good for the marque!!
    Lewis and Arrivabene........................the mind boggles....................
    When you consider that he had trouble with Alonso Lewis would be double double trouble!!!
    There is a lot more to a Ferrari driver than being fast discretion, commitment, humility and the team comes first!!!!! There are a number of more suitable candidates. Danny Ric should be top billing then Perez, Sainz, Ocon and maybe even Mad Max!!! He's maturing.
    It was actually Marco Mattiacci with who Alonso had problems. The turning point was when he told the media he doesn't care if Alonso is happy with the team, as far as I'm concerned.

I agree that Hamilton would be a pain in the...

Disappointed Since 2010

Guys, wouldn't it just be easier to make WDC and CWC winning capable car, and than it doesn't matter who is driving?!

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    It was actually Marco Mattiacci with who Alonso had problems. The turning point was when he told the media he doesn't care if Alonso is happy with the team, as far as I'm concerned.

I agree that Hamilton would be a pain in the...
    Thank you for that Giallo I didn't know that.
    I always thought Arrivabene said something like "I'm not here to make Alonso happy"

Forza Jules

I would like to see Hamilton in the Ferrari just to see Sky Sports F1 say some nice things about us for a change

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Guys, wouldn't it just be easier to make WDC and CWC winning capable car, and than it doesn't matter who is driving?!
    Of course, that's the priority. However, in the upcoming two seasons we will have a fierce battle with Merc and potentially RB where the cars' difference in performance might be extremely small.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    yes

Make a better car and as said we would win with Seb and Kimi or pretty much any other driver. Lewis is a top driver without a doubt but I don't think he would fit Ferrari very well.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Make a better car and as said we would win with Seb and Kimi or pretty much any other driver. Lewis is a top driver without a doubt but I don't think he would fit Ferrari very well.
    But what if we need a 0.3 advantage? Won't the driver make the difference then?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    If we need 0.3 from a driver then we don't have the better car Seb would give us that anyway.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    If we need 0.3 from a driver then we don't have the better car Seb would give us that anyway.
    Yeah, but what i meant was that we need a top driver in order to deliver the maximum out of our car. I think we can't make a much better car than our competitor in the following 2 years, it can only be slightly better.

For a tifosi, it's a no brainer. If a driver can brings us the WDC and the WCC, he will be welcomed and adored. Some Ferrari champions are more adored than other, but in the end the goal is the same. For all I care he can be a circus clown.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Remember you are judging Ham driving the best car in the field by a long way.
    Put him in a dog of a car eg Macca 2009 and he will languish in the middle of the field.
    He's no magician Seb and Kimi could produce similar in a Merc.......look at Bottas.
    Also Rosburg beat him fair and square last year!!!!!!

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Thank you for that Giallo I didn't know that.
    I always thought Arrivabene said something like "I'm not here to make Alonso happy"
    Yeah, Mattiacci was a temporary stopgap when they fired Domenicali during 2014. The only good thing he did was procure Vettel before the brass told him to hit the road.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Yeah, Mattiacci was a temporary stopgap when they fired Domenicali during 2014. The only good thing he did was procure Vettel before the brass told him to hit the road.
    Or maybe that was the only thing he was meant to do: implement the driver change.

On topic, Lewis is quick and nothing changes for me and Ferrari if they sign him. But yeah I don't see why he's needed if we can still have Seb.

I think I'll be fine.

There was a time when I couldn't imagine seeing Alonso or Vettel driving for Ferrari.
    But now, these are some of my favorite Ferrari drivers.

Wow, a lot of salt in this thread! There is no need to denigrate the opposition guys. For people concerned that Hamilton is not a good driver Ferrari did hire Alonso though even though Hamilton matched him as a rookie, so Hamilton's ability shouldn't be a problem in that regard. Any how for his own sanity coming to Ferrari would be a big mistake. Look what it did to Alonso, Barrichello, Massa, Raikkonen (although 1 WDC) and now Vettel is unraveling. As a consequence the Tifosi have become the most bitter horde of sports fans in the world as evidenced by this forum. Sad really if you think about it because it's supposed to be fun not all-consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrasher View Post
    Wow, a lot of salt in this thread! There is no need to denigrate the opposition guys. For people concerned that Hamilton is not a good driver Ferrari did hire Alonso though even though Hamilton matched him as a rookie, so Hamilton's ability shouldn't be a problem in that regard. Any how for his own sanity coming to Ferrari would be a big mistake. Look what it did to Alonso, Barrichello, Massa, Raikkonen (although 1 WDC) and now Vettel is unraveling. As a consequence the Tifosi have become the most bitter horde of sports fans in the world as evidenced by this forum. Sad really if you think about it because it's supposed to be fun not all-consuming.
    children-this-is-bait-19556943.png

Totally agree with you on this one then anyone can win in it.

That's the stupidest thing I've read in awhile

Problem is, you're a hampster fan and we're not!!

Don't come here and tell us that Ferrari were the cause of a drivers downfall. Barrichelo and Massa were there for the team and played their role in making sure we win the constrcutors as well as drivers champions! ( so whats your point ??? )......Incidentally, Massa missed the drivers in 2008!!!

I personally don't want hampster in our team.........Not coz he's a good driver...........but his overall attitude when he loses a race.......hes just a grumpy old man who can't accept defeat and be humble about it................
    Drive it like you stole it!

No

I would like Lewis at 32 yrs. old to be with Ferrari for his next say 5 or 6 yrs. & 110 or more starts. He stands to break most every F1 record in that time . Why not bring the Ferrari name along? Already at WDC 3xs. 67 poles. He has the most points ever already! 110 podiums. But !! He has to promise to retire with Ferrari!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I would like Lewis at 32 yrs. old to be with Ferrari for his next say 5 or 6 yrs. & 110 or more starts. He stands to break most every F1 record in that time . Why not bring the Ferrari name along? Already at WDC 3xs. 67 poles. He has the most points ever already! 110 podiums. But !! He has to promise to retire with Ferrari!
    I'd take hulk over ham anyday in Ferrari.
    He's cool n calm which perfectly suits to Ferrari team.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I'd take hulk over ham anyday in Ferrari.
    He's cool n calm which perfectly suits to Ferrari team.
    Sure, Hulk is great but in Kimi's place not Seb's place. If Seb wishes to go then we need someone like Alonso. However, Seb will most probably stay as he has reportedly been offered a three-year deal worth $138.5m!!
    Nevertheless, we need to bare in mind that Seb wishes to have Kimi as his teammate.