Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: When will this end????

When will this end????

Team is clueless and is heading in no direction....what will it take for Ferrari to hire a Wolf or Horner etc? Promoting from within is clearly not working since Todt left yet we seem unwilling to look outside of the team for some sort of direction and actual leadership.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Team is clueless and is heading in no direction....what will it take for Ferrari to hire a Wolf or Horner etc? Promoting from within is clearly not working since Todt left yet we seem unwilling to look outside of the team for some sort of direction and actual leadership.
    I don't want a Horner at Ferrari AND I can't stress the following enough, I don't want a Wolf at Ferrari. I would love a shut up, head down, and do the work king of guy, none of the two above are this kind of guy.

Yeah cause Toto and Horner are not able to get the work done to win titles....
    Forza Ferrari

Yeah cause Toto and Horner are not able to get the work done to win titles....
    Horner had Newey and Mercedes around 5 years progress advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Horner had Newey and Mercedes around 5 years progress advantage.
    Cool, so do you have anything to add to the topic rather than just "I don't want them" who would you suggest Ferrari go for to turn around this mess of a team?
    Forza Ferrari

You are partly right Greig. We certainly need a professional who will turn things around. This guy should have absolute power to do everything possible to turn the team around. No more stoking egos or coddling people who have been around for ages and seem to be stuck in the "glory days".

The reason i mentioned you are partly right is because Ferrari also needs someone who will understand their legacy and heritage. And finding such a Team Director from outside is a very tall order.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

You know it's bad when Greig speaks against the team... At this point, I don't give a damn who Ferrari hires. I want to see them win regardless of the cost.

Disappointed Since 2010

Wasn’t their a great LeMans sports director McLaren recently hired?

did Vettel bring anyone from RB with him when he came to Ferrari? I certainly can't remember, but they seemed to have some pretty good people there.

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    You know it's bad when Greig speaks against the team... At this point, I don't give a damn who Ferrari hires. I want to see them win regardless of the cost.
    It's probably as bad as it's ever been, last race we did not even know what strategy each driver was on....how is that possible?
    Forza Ferrari

Cool, so do you have anything to add to the topic rather than just "I don't want them" who would you suggest Ferrari go for to turn around this mess of a team?
    Top guys are Newey and Ross Brawn. We can't ge them. Mercedes showed there is another way, capitalize on rule changes. Prepare for something in advance and try to impose that something in the new regulations. If you don't have the top guys or don't have the advantage in technology maybe you don't deserve the title?

Told you so Ferrari f1 is a joke .

Top guys are Newey and Ross Brawn. We can't ge them. Mercedes showed there is another way, capitalize on rule changes. Prepare for something in advance and try to impose that something in the new regulations. If you don't have the top guys or don't have the advantage in technology maybe you don't deserve the title?
    Newey is not going to run a team....and how do Merc do that, by having leadership not by luck but clearly you are happy enough as a Kimi fan can be
    Forza Ferrari

Newey is not going to run a team....and how do Merc do that, by having leadership not by luck but clearly you are happy enough as a Kimi fan can be
    What does Kimi have to do with this topic?

What does Kimi have to do with this topic?
    Nothing, said Kimi fan, not Kimi
    Forza Ferrari

BINNOTTO = clueless.

If you don’t have top guys....
    Have advantage in technology...

Seriously... words fail at such statements...

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    If you don’t have top guys....
    Have advantage in technology...

Seriously... words fail at such statements...
    They don't have perfect 10s like Brawn or Newey. But when your 8s and 9s have 5 years of preparation and testing they will be ahead.

It's probably as bad as it's ever been, last race we did not even know what strategy each driver was on....how is that possible?
    I don't know, but it somehow seems to be getting worse with every race. This is the worst loss of form since I started watching ten years ago.

Disappointed Since 2010

They don't have perfect 10s like Brawn or Newey. But when your 8s and 9s have 5 years of preparation and testing they will be ahead.
    No not really. Brawn was not perfect either.....
    Forza Ferrari

That 5 years of prep comes from having a LEADER with a clear vision.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Tomorrow will be the first race I've not watched since I was 3.
    Ferrari management are idiots, and strategy from jock clear is beyond a joke since he joined, we once had amazing strategies that won us races with the 3rd best car, now we can't even get out of q1 with the 3rd best car...

Shambolic
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

It's complicated Greig. Ferrari F1 in of itself is complicated.

How many team principals have we gone thru since this hybrid formula?? 3 already. I don't buy into this Ferrari HAS to be Italian but that's the mindset from those in power.

Anyways, Binotto is the more technical of the 3. Getting rid of people won't solve Ferrari's problem.

Binotto has to fire people or move people around. The people in place are from the Arrivabene "era" as well as the car.

Yes, Ferrari has alot of money to offer but they(Horner or Toto) simply will not move to Ferrari because of the politics and location.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

I'm starting to believe this sport isn't a sport at all... I honestly think it's orchestrated behind the scenes... not on a race by race basis, but rules are made to favor certain teams...

FIFA also runs that way IMHO... the referees are bought and paid for....

#conspiracytheorist
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

This is what we need ...!!

When will this end????
    It can be that we haven't even seen the worst of it yet.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

I fear Ferrari will not seriously challenge for Championships again - especially as the Mercs have it nailed down now - as long as the team tries to be 'all Italian'. Look at the Schuey years with Brawn, Todt etc - was Ferrari any less 'Italian' then? No. We need to 'buy in' the very best talent and have failed to do so.

Rarely have I been as ashamed and embarrassed to be a Ferrari fan as today. VET is not motivated if not already past his peak and poor LEC, my heart breaks for the lad. He must be wondering WTAF is going on and why he's where he is..
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by TonyRizza View Post
    Tomorrow will be the first race I've not watched since I was 3.
    Ferrari management are idiots, and strategy from jock clear is beyond a joke since he joined, we once had amazing strategies that won us races with the 3rd best car, now we can't even get out of q1 with the 3rd best car...

Shambolic
    Don’t know why team are still continuing with jock clear.
    Vettel ditched him, hope Lec too soon get rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I'm starting to believe this sport isn't a sport at all... I honestly think it's orchestrated behind the scenes... not on a race by race basis, but rules are made to favor certain teams...

FIFA also runs that way IMHO... the referees are bought and paid for....

#conspiracytheorist
    sounds a bit like boxing

I don't know, but it somehow seems to be getting worse with every race. This is the worst loss of form since I started watching ten years ago.
    Some of us have been watching F1 since the '70s and following the Scuderia since the '80s! There have been some dire spells but this, given our recent promise, is shaping up to be a bad one..
    Trying to be less angry..