Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15262728293031323334353637383940
Results 1,171 to 1,188 of 1188

Thread: SF71H 2018 Contender

[AMuS] Ferrari are losing 0.4s against Mercedes and 0.9s against RB in the slow corners. Ferrari‘s advantage on the straights are 0.2s on Mercedes and 0.7s on RB. They are having the same problem as in Mexico due to going back to an old aerodynamic configuration
    hopefully next years car will have more DF like RB, anaylsts picked up on the ferrari being poor in cornering and turning since testing in spain, thankfully the engine was a gem compensating for the weakness in cornering etc, but the engine was only an advantage in dry for so long before competition matched our engine like merc or gets closer like honda where all the other weaknesses get exposed
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Arrivabene: What you said is not correct! We started the season in a very good shape. As Seb said yes he made mistake, then from Monza going on, we were not there with the car. That‘s a fact. I don‘t want to point the finger on the team or driver. We lose and win together
    https://twitter.com/Vetteleclerc/sta...40754844012544
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Color code for the SF71-H IS:

DC 0000 RGB(red, green,blue)220,0,0

The closest color that matches that color is Monza Red.
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 6th December 2018 at 20:29.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Today I was in close touch with SF71H at Geneva auto show and I have to say, it is pure beauty. I took some photos of Alfa Sauber too. Here are my photos [emoji6]

Odesláno z mého Moto X4 pomocí Tapatalk

Amazing shots! Thanks for posting!

Glad the shiny Ferrari is no more, it looked awful on track. This year's matte Ferrari is the real Ferrari.

very nice stuff

the sauber looks so much more bulky and chunky then i remember

lol ferrari looks pretty much the same cept for FW & color

The Alfa is in a class of it's own! Beautifull.

This is from someone who went to the Ferrari Factory tour in 2019.

I did the factory Atelier tour in April 2019. Later that afternoon my brother and I met one of the F1 mechanics who worked on Schumi's cars and is still part of the F1 mechanic crew. He stated that the second sensor fitted to the car last year did cause a drop in performance. The main complaint that resulted in the second sensor being fitted came from Merc and RB. He explained that Ferrari took a different path to all the other teams with the cable layout of the hybrid system whereby Ferrari had one cable in and one cable out. The other teams had two cables in and two cables out. The Ferrari system was more efficient by being faster in the delivery of the electrical current.

This year lo and behold Merc has adopted the same layout of one cable in and one cable out.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I dont understand how its possible that mercedes kniws this information. Who leaks this info? Its messed up. The fIA should protect our intellectual data. Also, how its possible that no leaks from mercedes comes likes this? How is that FIA not investigating the moveable suspension, in the front of the mercedes, its illegal. Its not in the spirit of the rules and they can also get an aerodynamic advantake goo.

Hmm interesting. Mercs opted our way & found good chunk of performance. While Ferrari are struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    I dont understand how its possible that mercedes kniws this information. Who leaks this info? Its messed up. The fIA should protect our intellectual data. Also, how its possible that no leaks from mercedes comes likes this? How is that FIA not investigating the moveable suspension, in the front of the mercedes, its illegal. Its not in the spirit of the rules and they can also get an aerodynamic advantake goo.
    I think mercs & RB played clever strategy by asking the clarification on this to FIA. Where none of them couldn't understand the Ferrari performance.
    But after the clarification where FIA added sensors to find whether any loophole, there was some information given to the teams who complained on this.
    This is where last year, there was interesting exchange of words between FIA & Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    Ferrari are a "passive" bunch of Italians. They are "push-overs"

We could easily ask about the suspension geometry or this "rear-wheel steering" but we are'nt.

We went 2 years with MB and RB's FRIC system until FINALLY the Scuderia wrote a letter to the FIA complaining.....both MB & RB had plan b in place a month to a month and a half before testing in Barcelona. That's a fast turn around time when it involves the whole suspension system.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I think mercs & RB played clever strategy by asking the clarification on this to FIA. Where none of them couldn't understand the Ferrari performance.
    But after the clarification where FIA added sensors to find whether any loophole, there was some information given to the teams who complained on this.
    Clever strategy??? It's been in place since the dawn of F1. One team accusing the other of this or that. "Bending" the loopholes only to ask for clarification thereby the other team employing it.

You can come up with a different "recipe" only to be short-lived until someone has it.

Even more reason to believe that it's Formula Merc/FIA and has been since the hybrid era started, with a little extra help from Red Bull to make any interpretation of the rules by Ferrari illegal, when if fact they were being innovative and no less underhand than Merc with their 'special' tyres and RWS-effect. The sport may always have been like that, but never has there been such complete domination over such a long period and we're all sick of it.

I do believe we are way too passive like the earlier post by somone said. I agree with it 200%. We need to ask for clarification about the moveable suspension innthe front and the rear brake steer clarification and ask the FIA for the tollerance.limits and the suspension movement limits. We have to do it now. If they ban that system, Mercedes will be at our level and we will have a better engine and we will have a good chamce.

Clever strategy??? It's been in place since the dawn of F1. One team accusing the other of this or that. "Bending" the loopholes only to ask for clarification thereby the other team employing it.

You can come up with a different "recipe" only to be short-lived until someone has it.
    why I called clever strategy is, they aren't able identify how Ferrari found such performance. At one point even FIA too got no information.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    why I called clever strategy is, they aren't able identify how Ferrari found such performance. At one point even FIA too got no information.
    Ah, okay.