Thread: SF71H 2018 Contender

FIA not ‘entirely satisfied’, will monitor Ferrari in Montreal

https://www.planetf1.com/news/fia-no...-ferraris-ers/

Is the FIA not satisfied? Or is it Merc pushing for more investigation. First we were given the thumbs up in Monaco and now they choose to conduct more investigation? MERC/FIA Bias....
    Last edited by ferrari1.8t; 31st May 2018 at 22:54.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

why don't Ferrari ask the FIA to investigate some Merc parts? i'm sure they could come up with some ideas.

Trick parts which mostly push the boundaries or to put it bluntly, against the spirit of the rules are nothing new in F1. I'm sure what Sassi and Allison did is nothing new, ex-team members bring most if not all secrets with them for their new teams to exploit or expose to the FIA.

Today it's Ferrari, tomorrow it's another team. Welcome to the merry-go-round that is F1.

Quote Originally Posted by da_one View Post
    Trick parts which mostly push the boundaries or to put it bluntly, against the spirit of the rules are nothing new in F1. I'm sure what Sassi and Allison did is nothing new, ex-team members bring most if not all secrets with them for their new teams to exploit or expose to the FIA.

Today it's Ferrari, tomorrow it's another team. Welcome to the merry-go-round that is F1.
    +100

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    If FIA tone down our battery, cut the drs and any other innovation/cheat/grey area /loophole we have or bring we'l be fighting with williams which absolutely sucks that teams can just throw accusations like that.
    If we are breaking the rules then we will have to change things, if not then teams can say what they like. Just cause they say something does not make it true....
    Forza Ferrari

so when was the last time Mercedes were scrutinized like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    If we are breaking the rules then we will have to change things, if not then teams can say what they like. Just cause they say something does not make it true....
    If FIA doesn’t have conclusive evidence on ers issue, then mark them legal. Why to bow down on one team complaint & ban the system which u didn’t find anything against the rules.

If Ferrari is using loophole, which is in the limits of FIA rule book fine go ahead.
    But if Ferrari is the only one using such system & term it as illegal or ban it or remove it when there is no concrete evidence. I sense it’s a foolish thing.

I fear FIA might use the later part on Ferrari behind the doors. Which is not good at all.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    If FIA doesn’t have conclusive evidence on ers issue, then mark them legal. Why to bow down on one team complaint & ban the system which u didn’t find anything against the rules.

If Ferrari is using loophole, which is in the limits of FIA rule book fine go ahead.
    But if Ferrari is the only one using such system & term it as illegal or ban it or remove it when there is no concrete evidence. I sense it’s a foolish thing.

I fear FIA might use the later part on Ferrari behind the doors. Which is not good at all.
    they will if we let them

Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding of the Ferrari ERS monitoring is that the FIA had to come up with a different monitoring device for Ferrari as they have split their battery. This mans that using the standard device they use for all the other teams will not not give them the data they need. The way they monitored Ferrari in Monaco was apparently not efficient as it was cumbersome and took a lot of time to set up with the new device to be installed in Canada having addressed those inefficiencies otherwise the FIA would have had to go through the same time consuming process at each race.

In other words (and in my opinion) - all teams are monitored at every race and not only Ferrari, it's just that they had to develop a specific device to monitor Ferrari's ERS due to the way they have developed their MGU-K and this new device will be used from Canada onward for Ferrari whilst the rest of the teams will continue to use the standard one.

Does anyone else see this the same way I do or have I missed something?
    "Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines."

Why did Charlie say to the reporters that Ferrari have two batteries. Shouldn't this be confidential ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sempre_Ferrari View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding of the Ferrari ERS monitoring is that the FIA had to come up with a different monitoring device for Ferrari as they have split their battery. This mans that using the standard device they use for all the other teams will not not give them the data they need. The way they monitored Ferrari in Monaco was apparently not efficient as it was cumbersome and took a lot of time to set up with the new device to be installed in Canada having addressed those inefficiencies otherwise the FIA would have had to go through the same time consuming process at each race.

In other words (and in my opinion) - all teams are monitored at every race and not only Ferrari, it's just that they had to develop a specific device to monitor Ferrari's ERS due to the way they have developed their MGU-K and this new device will be used from Canada onward for Ferrari whilst the rest of the teams will continue to use the standard one.

You have not missed anything. This is exactly what is going on. It is everybody else who hasn't come to this realization yet that is missing it.

Charlie whiting talks to much he has a bloody big mouth time for the old codjer to step down he is beginning to dribble.

Quote Originally Posted by Sempre_Ferrari View Post

Renault too uses complex ers system, why it isnt turned up into an controversy???
    Mercs issued team orders at Monaco, why it isn’t turned into an controversy?
    Pirellli favoured one team in Spain on safety grounds, changed tyre tread. It was only mercs who asked for change why it isn’t turned up soo much into an article?

In my view mercs & RB trying to unstabilze current ferrari team. By doing so it will disturb harmony within the team & succumb to pressure & make mistakes....!! Which happened last year

Quote Originally Posted by roddick_andy View Post

music to my ears, its been awhile since a heard that, lets hope ferrari can step up and give the car needed to hear this much more this year
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Hope we are going to hear it next Sunday!

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post

Sometimes i think the FIAs main job is to kill innovation.
    Silently, like a shadow

What the fia do not understand becomes illegal ferrari 2 fia nil in the evolution game .

Brilliant. were lucky to have him

http://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-set-...-boost-canada/
    Reliability is important I would take that more than HP

http://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-set-...-boost-canada/
    Reliability is important I would take that more than HP
    i've read the article and again it mentions something about pistons being redesigned....hope it's NOT the rumor that went ahead last year about steel 3D pistons we were supposed to have don't really know if it ever happened last year

but yeah, let's hope this new engine will be pr0ven both reliably and more powerfull
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    i've read the article and again it mentions something about pistons being redesigned....hope it's NOT the rumor that went ahead last year about steel 3D pistons we were supposed to have don't really know if it ever happened last year

but yeah, let's hope this new engine will be pr0ven both reliably and more powerfull
    Lol i think its the samething and the same sites that are bringing up the new pistons thing with the 15~20 HP all over again wouldn't believe them at this point lol
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

update: Sidepods are narrower going into the Canadian GP.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    narrower??? they were narrow enough as they were.....but if it helps with the aero efficiency even further.....then why not???
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Source? This is exciting!

you sure its a new update?, they posted the pic of seb at monaco, tbh it looks like they just mentioning changes in the 2018 car from the 2017 car plus they have been posting parts of the car randomly explaining its benefits like the front wing last week

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    narrower??? they were narrow enough as they were.....but if it helps with the aero efficiency even further.....then why not???
    Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Source? This is exciting!
    you sure its a new update?, they posted the pic of seb at monaco, tbh it looks like they just mentioning changes in the 2018 car from the 2017 car plus they have been posting parts of the car randomly explaining its benefits like the front wing last week
    source:

https://twitter.com/ScuderiaFerrari?...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Yup, looks like the same sidepods since Aus, they just giving out some facts about the changes since last year' car imo

Yup, looks like the same sidepods since Aus, they just giving out some facts about the changes since last year' car imo
    Those are probably not the updates. We will see them in the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    Those are probably not the updates. We will see them in the next few days.
    yeah i hope so! , rb and mercs took a big step forward at spain whilst ferrari didnt, charlie even banned the halo winglets so i hope we got something at canada to give us some kind of step forward . i wonder what though, hopefully some new bargeboards or suspension or something