Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: China: Free Practice and Qualifying

Let them have pole, let us have the race!

Quote Originally Posted by Formula 1 fan View Post
    Boring now? Am I not allowed to give my opinion on why Ferrari is not on pole? Chinmay claims it has to be the car, I suggest it could be possible Vettel just couldn't get everything out of the car. And on top of that, it was almost a traffic jam, that cost a lot as well.

You are absolutely right. Hamilton didn't get everything out of the car and Bottas did better. Hamilton is not perfect, nobody is. But since 2017 Max and Hamilton are the top 2 drivers and Vettel is faling behind.
    Yes boring, Bottas never got everything out the car either.....see how easy it is to just say the same thing over and over?

You say Vettel is not getting the best from the car is the reason we are not on pole? that is just stupid as the car is clearly not good enough for pole, can we say the same about why Max is not on pole can't be the car must be him not getting the most from it right?
    Forza Ferrari

Interesting from Rosberg: "I talked to the Ferrari guys and they said to me that they have positioned the car wrong regarding the aerodynamics. They are driving with less aero and they don't have an adequate package to put on the car to have more downforce."
    Rosberg: "They are working on that. Ferrari will bring a new rear wing soon. But the problem is that the whole car is positioned in that area so it's not easy. Just changing the rear wing might make the car completely inefficient."
    Credit : @Vetteleclerc

#PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yes boring, Bottas never got everything out the car either.....see how easy it is to just say the same thing over and over?

You say Vettel is not getting the best from the car is the reason we are not on pole? that is just stupid as the car is clearly not good enough for pole, can we say the same about why Max is not on pole can't be the car must be him not getting the most from it right?
    Ok, so possibilities that Vettel is the reason for Ferrari not scoring pole are boring. Even though it can be true.

But lets look at it this way, Bottas has pole and Vettel doesn't. Bottas got enough out of the car to get pole.
    Why is it stupid to say Vettel doesn't get everything out of the car? The car clearly has the pace to get pole, he said it himself. Saying it is Max not getting enough out the car is just getting angry because I have a critical opinion about Vettel. RBR has not been close to pole, while Vettel already has been on pole this year.

Ok, so possibilities that Vettel is the reason for Ferrari not scoring pole are boring. Even though it can be true.

But lets look at it this way, Bottas has pole and Vettel doesn't. Bottas got enough out of the car to get pole.
    Why is it stupid to say Vettel doesn't get everything out of the car? The car clearly has the pace to get pole, he said it himself. Saying it is Max not getting enough out the car is just getting angry because I have a critical opinion about Vettel. RBR has not been close to pole, while Vettel already has been on pole this year.
    Where have you seen that our car has the pace for pole over this weekend? do tell us where this pace for pole is?

You must also tell us what race you seen Vettel on pole already this season....again more made up points to troll..also you realise just because you take pole once does not mean every other race track is the same, seriously don't insult us with that sort of post.
    Forza Ferrari

So is this how its going to be now is it? Every track with slow corners we are going to struggle??? So say good bye to races like Monaco, Hungaroring and any other circuit that has alot of corners. What happened to the idea of having a car that works EVERYWHERE???
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

Quote Originally Posted by fronaldo View Post
    Credit : @Vetteleclerc

If it was true, would they come out and say they have got their aero completely wrong, a real McLaren 2009 moment

Quote Originally Posted by dfunk257 View Post
    So is this how its going to be now is it? Every track with slow corners we are going to struggle??? So say good bye to races like Monaco, Hungaroring and any other circuit that has alot of corners. What happened to the idea of having a car that works EVERYWHERE???
    Aero once again is our problem, no idea what we can do to get it right. We have been left behind when it comes to this new modern aero by computers F1.
    Forza Ferrari

Atleast they’ll win Monza.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Not sure what Barcelona pace people are talking about? Nobody has any idea what pace teams had relatively to each other
    Exactly!!!! It is winter testing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Atleast they’ll win Monza.
    You're sure?!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    You're sure?!
    Almost 100% certainty, it is a track that favours straight line speed and having less downforce rear wing.

Other tracks that might favour the Ferrari is silverstone and Spa?
    Any others?

Where have you seen that our car has the pace for pole over this weekend? do tell us where this pace for pole is?

You must also tell us what race you seen Vettel on pole already this season....again more made up points to troll..also you realise just because you take pole once does not mean every other race track is the same, seriously don't insult us with that sort of post.
    During free practice 1 & 2 and even during Free practice 3.
    And just listen to this:

https://twitter.com/deadlinex/status...063874049?s=19

But ok, correction then: Ferrari has already been on pole.
    Seriously, where do I troll? Maybe read some comments from Chinmay if you really want to see a troll.

Almost 100% certainty, it is a track that favours straight line speed and having less downforce rear wing.

Any others?
    last year was 100% too and look what happened! I wont believe it until i see it.
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

last year was 100% too and look what happened! I wont believe it until i see it.
    You can’t calculate human error.

Do not worry. Ferrari engineers know how to build a fast car and they also know how to fix a car.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Do not worry. Ferrari engineers know how to build a fast car and they also know how to fix a car.
    So do most of the other teams...

During free practice 1 & 2 and even during Free practice 3.
    And just listen to this:

https://twitter.com/deadlinex/status...063874049?s=19

But ok, correction then: Ferrari has already been on pole.
    Seriously, where do I troll? Maybe read some comments from Chinmay if you really want to see a troll.
    You must be the only one seeing this pace then...every driver says pretty much there was more in the car so did Bottas so if they both got more then Merc still on pole which again asks where our car is the best and has pace for pole?
    Forza Ferrari

You must be the only one seeing this pace then...every driver says pretty much there was more in the car so did Bottas so if they both got more then Merc still on pole which again asks where our car is the best and has pace for pole?
    Not at all, more people have seen this pace.
    Look at FP1 and 2, Vettel was on P1 and P2, so there was pace for pole for sure. Vettel says it himself and maybe Bottas could only gain a tenths, while Vettel could gain 5 tenths because he was held up or made a mistake or something else.

Any others?
    Not sure that those 3 will bring Ferrari WDC and CWC

Of course you see I am being sarcastic?!

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    We all have been witness to that in past years especially in the second past of the season after the summer break!

Personally, I find it hard to believe that Ferrari would fall into this trap

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    We all have been witness to that in past years especially in the second past of the season after the summer break!
    Do not lose hope. Things can only get better.

Personally, I find it hard to believe that Ferrari would fall into this trap
    Which trap?

Don’t want to see another 1-2 merc finish tmrw...!!
    Already got bored of seeing it.

Not at all, more people have seen this pace.
    Look at FP1 and 2, Vettel was on P1 and P2, so there was pace for pole for sure. Vettel says it himself and maybe Bottas could only gain a tenths, while Vettel could gain 5 tenths because he was held up or made a mistake or something else.
    Ah so just making up numbers now to make your point seem correct? very good. I could say Bottas could gain 4 tenths, and Seb 1 tenth just as easily.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    You are not alone, this whole Merc-dominated formula is becoming a bore-fest and for whatever reason no other team seems able to compete on all the levels necessary to knock them off their perch. And Johnny 'sort of' Herbert needs replacing at Sky, he is getting on my nerves almost as much as Crofty. Here's to a change of fortune tomorrow, we can but hope.

Chinese Grand Prix - All-Ferrari second row in China

Shanghai, 13 April 2019 – Sebastian Vettel and Charles Leclerc will start the one thousandth Formula 1 World Championship race from the second row of the grid. Tomorrow’s Chinese Grand Prix starts at 14.10 local time (8.10 CET).

Q1. The pair of Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow SF90s took to the track on Soft tyres. Sebastian did a 1’33”557, while Charles was slowed by no fewer than four cars in the final sector and could do no better than 1’34”069. That meant the Monegasque driver had to fit another set of new tyres to comfortably make the cut with a 1’32”712.

Q2. In the second part, both Ferrari cars ran Medium tyres, so as to start the race on them. Sebastian did a 1’32”232 and Charles stopped the clocks on 1’32”324.

Q3. In the top ten shoot out, both drivers had two sets of new Softs. Sebastian’s first run delivered a 1’32”001 and Charles did a 1’32”102. On the second set, both drivers improved, the German went down to 1’31”848, good enough for third, while the Monegasque went down to 1’31”865, which netted him fourth place on the grid. Pole position went to Valtteri Bottas in 1’31”574 ahead of Lewis Hamilton in 1’31”570.

Sebastian Vettel #5
    “We could have done a bit better today but probably not enough to really beat our rivals for pole. It could have been worse, but I am not entirely happy. We started off well, but then our competitors had more pace over the single lap in terms of pure performance. We should have a good car tomorrow though and hopefully we can show it throughout the whole 56 laps. It’s a long race and I expect it to be a very tight one too. Making the right strategy choices will be important; we must make the right call at the right time and see where that takes us. I am not sure everyone understands how many variables have to be taken into account. The top drivers are all starting on Medium tyres and we will see if that turns out to be the right choice. I believe anything can happen.”

Charles Leclerc #16
    “I am annoyed with myself today. I made a mistake on the last lap and I really shouldn’t have done that. Overall, I think there are some positives, because in all three practice sessions I was struggling quite a lot with the setup, the confidence in the car and the driving. But then, before qualifying we introduced some changes, which meant I could drive better and set the lap times we were expecting. It was good but it is also disappointing not to extract all the potential from the car today. We knew our rivals would be competitive as they have been since the first session. The race tomorrow is going to be a bit more complicated than expected, as I haven’t done any long runs yesterday nor this morning because of the red flag so, I will be a bit in the dark. It will be tough but I’ll push as much as possible and we can expect our opponents to be very strong.”

Mattia Binotto Team Principal
    “Qualifying wasn’t perfect for us today and in a championship as closely contested as this, that can make the difference. However, I have to say that at his high level of performance, one should not be surprised to find that one can be in front in one race and then behind in the next one. But we have learned to our cost in Bahrain that races are not won on Saturday and I think tomorrow’s Grand Prix will be very closely contested and we expect to be in the fight right to the very end.”
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    You are not alone, this whole Merc-dominated formula is becoming a bore-fest and for whatever reason no other team seems able to compete on all the levels necessary to knock them off their perch. And Johnny 'sort of' Herbert needs replacing at Sky, he is getting on my nerves almost as much as Crofty. Here's to a change of fortune tomorrow, we can but hope.
    Yeah..... waiting for the end of merc domination.
    If it’s 2 way team battle then it makes interesting race.

Ah so just making up numbers now to make your point seem correct? very good. I could say Bottas could gain 4 tenths, and Seb 1 tenth just as easily.
    Mate, you are missing my point, I said "Maybe Bottas could gain 1 tenth and Vettel 5 tenths." My point was that it is all relative how much faster each driver could go. You say Ferrari doesn't have pace for pole, but you are ignoring everything.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Yep, hoping Ferrari and Max will pipe Hamilton and Bottas for the win. I suspect Max and Vettel getting a good run.