Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: SF21 Challenger Thread

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    so not only are we gonna get penilized for having a 4th engine, we won't even use it where it counts teh most (spa and/or monza) where we need straight line speed to pass other cars or defend positions....
    Yes, it's a bit weird. SPA is the ideal track for testing out new engine upgrades. Plus any extra power is going to be hugely beneficial at tracks like SPA/Monza.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Yes, it's a bit weird. SPA is the ideal track for testing out new engine upgrades. Plus any extra power is going to be hugely beneficial at tracks like SPA/Monza.
    Damn right, for Spa/Monza we need the extra power. I've lost the plot on engine penalties, does Charles already have one for Spa?

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Damn right, for Spa/Monza we need the extra power. I've lost the plot on engine penalties, does Charles already have one for Spa?
    not sure 100%, but i thought he was on a NEW 3rd engine in Hungary.....and now that it's damaged as per team evaluation, that means he'll have a same spec engine as the first 3, get a penalty and then when teh 4th engine is ready to be used he'll get yet ANOTHER penalty (don't know how many grid positions).....this is just absurd

maybe this "upgrades" are not ready in time an need more time on teh dyno, hence why they cannot use it in SPa....where it would have been ideal

1. Those are not rumours. They came directly from Binotto. So, if he says significant, they will be significant.
    2. Obviously the components are not ready, so, they will intoduce them AFTER Monza. Bad? Who knows.
    3. Clever move from Ferrari. Very clever move.

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    1. Those are not rumours. They came directly from Binotto. So, if he says significant, they will be significant.
    2. Obviously the components are not ready, so, they will intoduce them AFTER Monza. Bad? Who knows.
    3. Clever move from Ferrari. Very clever move.
    time will tell how "significant" they'll be and if it will make us fight for 3rd more easily....cause right now McMowers are pretty quick with that merc engine

time will tell how "significant" they'll be and if it will make us fight for 3rd more easily....cause right now McMowers are pretty quick with that merc engine
    Sure, time will tell. But I trust Binotto's words. When he says the upgrades are going to be significant, the WILL be significant.

The components are new and Ferrari is expecting a big step forward.

Also, the way he says it, at the end of the phrase, reminds me of the "oh! One more thing"

Let's see. I am a bit excited, I admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    Also, the way he says it, at the end of the phrase, reminds me of the "oh! One more thing"

Let's see. I am a bit excited, I admit it.
    i'm excited too.....now rumors are saying they are pushing to have it ready for Monza.....which makes sense, home race and all...

so a podium maybe on the cards???

yep 12 hp !

Also kudos for ferrari for playing it smart and keeping some unupgraded parts at the start of the season for more refinment and more power !!

Speaking during the summer break, Binotto spoke of what is planned in an interview with Gazzetta Motori: “We will bring power unit developments.

“To clarify what are the 2021 regulations: we can have a brand new power unit for 2021, which means we may bring an update in all the components of the power unit, whatever it is ICE, turbo, MGU-H, batteries, MGU-K, etc.

“What we did at the start of the season, is we didn’t finish the full power unit. There are still components which are from last year and we will bring an evolution of those ones. So, that will be a significant step for us for the second half of the season.”

It may be a case of too little, too late for this season, some of the forthcoming races may not happen and if the power unit developments aren't going to be ready for Spa and Monza, where they are badly needed, it's doubtful we can hold off Mclaren. Hope I'm wrong.

The way I see it, this upgrade is not just for this year fight for 3d place (if it helps ,the better) but mostly is for testing part's for next year, witch is even better for me.
    I have huge anticipation for next year.Till now I'm pleased with how the team under MB, has managed things in all aspects.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

So it seems we are giving up on split turbo design adopted by Mercedes, Honda and Alpine(2021).
    https://youtu.be/uJpIE7YrkEw

Quote Originally Posted by 20000rpm View Post
    So it seems we are giving up on split turbo design adopted by Mercedes, Honda and Alpine(2021).
    No. The split-turbo design will be introduced on March 1st 2022.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by 20000rpm View Post
    Hmmmm.......interesting.....according to the media(The Race) on the youtube channel.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    If we are going for a new concept, does it make sense to invest a lot of money on a technology which we wouldn't be using it next year?
    Or we might be using some form of current engine spec for next year which would be incorporated under split design. That seems to be the only logical explanation in an era where teams are looking to save as much as possible.

I hope Ferrari will bring the power upgrades at SPA. It's the ideal track for testing out the PU, the elevation changes and high speed nature means that engine works really hard here. Also any power boost will benefit us massively.

Honda was determined to bring their 2022 PU this year and did everything they could to make it happen. Ferrari should to do the same.

There seem to be conflicting stories relating to the power unit upgrade for this season and the proposed power unit for 2022-25, split turbo in the vee as Merc/Red Bull-Honda and apparently Alpine-Renault will do next year. Any upgrade is welcome but obviously it would be more effective on circuits such as Spa and Monza, so why not there?

Because it's not ready.
    I guess it will be introduced in the Ditch GP

No, it's decided to move towards a different way than the one Merc (and Honda) are going.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I hope Ferrari will bring the power upgrades at SPA. It's the ideal track for testing out the PU, the elevation changes and high speed nature means that engine works really hard here. Also any power boost will benefit us massively.

Honda was determined to bring their 2022 PU this year and did everything they could to make it happen. Ferrari should to do the same.
    Maybe at Monza, very doubtful for Spa.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

so are we getting this engine "upgrade" in Spa afterall???? i thought that it will not be ready until after Monza....or so the rumors were...

but now i found this.....

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...gian_GP_boost/

so are we getting this engine "upgrade" in Spa afterall???? i thought that it will not be ready until after Monza....or so the rumors were...

but now i found this.....

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...gian_GP_boost/

Gazzetta reports that the Spec 3 of the Ferrari PU (comes after Monza) is mainly linked to the new Shell fuel & lubricants, which gives a power increase of 10hp. There are also plans to optimise the ERS in terms of energy available over the entire lap.

https://translate.google.com/transla...search&pto=aue

Leclerc is using the non-upgraded engine in Belgium. Apparently upgrade will not be available till Turkish GP:
    https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1...ndard/6652881/

After the Spa checkered flag we fans will know for sure; upgrade or no. I only hope for a podium regardless.

According to http://Formu1a.uno has learned that Scuderia Ferrari has approved the new Electronic Control Unit (CE) which is set to be used in Turkey, barring any unforeseen events and as long as the GP goes ahead.

"The installation of the new Ferrari CE unit will penalize both drivers but will guarantee an extra horsepower up to 15 HP which will bring the Italian engine closer to Honda and Mercedes."

According to http://Formu1a.uno has learned that Scuderia Ferrari has approved the new Electronic Control Unit (CE) which is set to be used in Turkey, barring any unforeseen events and as long as the GP goes ahead.

"The installation of the new Ferrari CE unit will penalize both drivers but will guarantee an extra horsepower up to 15 HP which will bring the Italian engine closer to Honda and Mercedes."
    anything is better than what we have now and will be an improvement.....but at first it said to be 20hp, now its' 15hp.....im afraid that by the time it gets run in the car will be like 10hp......in other words we'll be lucky if we gain 3tenths or so....

anyway i'll take it.....better than the current situation

I'll take that. Heading into next season we will make another step with the engine and I think RBR and Mercedes are close to the limit of engine development.

Spa would have been ideal if it was ready. I can understand not wanting to sacrifice your home grand prix with a grid penalty.

Turkey is a shame too since i think we can go well there.