Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2019 USGP Race thread

2021 will be Ferrari year with Leclerc and Schumacher (Mick)

Quote Originally Posted by Schumir9 View Post
    Congratulations to Mercedes and Hamilton. I really hope the fuel flow rumors aren't true it got so much airtime today. The lack of pace was absurd albeit leclerc on hard tyres and soft had decent enough of pace. Don't know what the hell happened in the beginning?
    I think it’s one of track for Ferrari . Bumpy & no grip. It resembles to me like a Australia GP kind of a thing. Although it’s a street kind of track.

Regarding fuel flow rumours, I don’t think so they are true. It’s just ferrari added DF for race pace & protect tyres. This year ferrari struggled with tyres as there’s not enough DF to produce the absolute grip. This is the disadvantage of Low drag philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    It has to be, Schumis-Ferraris records can be broken next year if we are not doing much better, and nobody wants that
    Yup, I don’t want see that happening. Either Lec or vettel should be at their absolute best to beat Ham who has the best team & car behind him.

what a contrast to last year...

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post

Mick is 12th in F2. A spec series.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    Mick has yet to show he is worthy of a F1 seat.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Yup, I don’t want see that happening. Either Lec or vettel should be at their absolute best to beat Ham who has the best team & car behind him.

Verstappen quoted by Dutch TV "that's what happens when you stop cheating" when asked what do u think about Ferrari's pace. Oh man can't stand this ****

Verstappen quoted by Dutch TV "that's what happens when you stop cheating" when asked what do u think about Ferrari's pace. Oh man can't stand this ****
    **** him.

And Mick’s name shouldn’t even be mentioned when talking about Vettel’s seat.

Disappointed Since 2010

of course RB have never bent a rule

Congratulations to Hamilton and MB for this year's championships but can't say I'll be rooting for them next year, or ever? Something has been rotten in Denmark (no offense intended) for too long?

Is there confirmation that Ferrari is doing something different? Any proof we were fought cheating?

Or is it speculation based on Charles being 52 seconds behind?

Honestly, not stirring the pot. Looking for a real answer.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post

Charles was using an old Spec 2 engine.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Is there confirmation that Ferrari is doing something different? Any proof we were fought cheating?

I am sick to death with all these so called team bosses always pointing the finger at Ferrari. Every time we explain our procedure to the FIA they leave breadcrumbs and clues to our rivals about what it was and the team's then close ranks saying "it's part of the role of the governing body". Also CH and nobody else said anything about Mercedes when they've been dominating for the last 7 years. Arrivabene was a much better boss who kept the atmosphere fresh In the team and balanced politics and the press media. Even last year when everyone and their mother was asking about our battery system which was our intellectual property which the FIA leaked to the press it seems and they knew the exact arrangement and twin system layout and the team's found this. I'm only asking the question because whenever Ferrari come up with anything Red Fool and MAfia always point finger at us. We should be doing the same and going after them both ruthlessly in terms of clarification i.e. Red Bulls front wing which has been seen to flex in high speed corners and Mercedes who have been using 4WS effects which no-one has been questioning (is this legal?). For next season we need to execute the tyres perfectly, have good downforce and also high and low medium speed corners & go after other teams in terms of rule clarifications and if technical directives have been issued to them then that's how it goes.
    Also, strategy is the one area we need to work on and also tyre selection in qualifying. If we can combine the SF70H mechanical grip and traction, with the SF71-H engine and aerodynamics and the speed of the 2019 on straights combined with great strategies and fantastic driving from the drivers there will be nothing that we can't achieve. Also, Seb should not get too excited with wins he has a lot of them in his career not get too excited with wins and when we don't win stay positive. I Iike Kimi's approach when he was with us never give anything away to press about car, form, favourites etc.. just say "we just need to wait and see".
    Last edited by AJ_Hussain92; 3rd November 2019 at 21:27.

Very dissapointing pace from Ferrari. Looking at it now, Leclerc's lap yesterday was very impressive considering he is stuck with an older engine than Seb. I really hope this new directive from FIA did not have an effect on Ferrari. But it is worrying. Is Charles stuck with that engine for the last 2 races as well? If so, I cannot understand why we didn't take the penalty here, would have put him in a great position for the last 2 races.

Lewis is a real pain for Ferrari, but you have to admire his talent and skills. The best driver in F1 by far. He single handedly ruined 2017 and 2018 for Ferrari with his driving level, when we easily had a car to take titles. Hopefully next year we can take the fight to him, but let me tell you, an equal car with him over a season is not enough for our drivers. We need to produce a miracle car.

Hamilton: Engine TD cost Ferrari power and pole

Failing to take pole position for the first time since Hungary, Lewis Hamilton reckons Ferrari have “lost a bit of power” since questions were asked about their power unit.

Ferrari have been the dominant force on grand prix Saturdays, taking six pole positions in succession.

This raised suspicions amongst rivals about the Scuderia’s power unit and the massive gains they have made with it this season.

Rivals questioned whether Ferrari’s intercooler allowed a bit of oil to bleed into the combustion process thereby giving them a welcome power boost.

also, Hamilton says, led to Ferrari losing power and pole position in Austin.

“What’s come out this week has been quite interesting to see,” the Brit told RaceFans.net.

“Obviously today I think they’ve lost a bit of power.

“I’m interested to see how that continues and how it reflects in the race.”

https://www.planetf1.com/news/hamilt...ower-and-pole/
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    Hamilton: Engine TD cost Ferrari power and pole

Failing to take pole position for the first time since Hungary, Lewis Hamilton reckons Ferrari have “lost a bit of power” since questions were asked about their power unit.

Ferrari have been the dominant force on grand prix Saturdays, taking six pole positions in succession.

This raised suspicions amongst rivals about the Scuderia’s power unit and the massive gains they have made with it this season.

Rivals questioned whether Ferrari’s intercooler allowed a bit of oil to bleed into the combustion process thereby giving them a welcome power boost.

also, Hamilton says, led to Ferrari losing power and pole position in Austin.

“What’s come out this week has been quite interesting to see,” the Brit told RaceFans.net.

“Obviously today I think they’ve lost a bit of power.

“I’m interested to see how that continues and how it reflects in the race.”

https://www.planetf1.com/news/hamilt...ower-and-pole/
    Bull ***

Quote Originally Posted by Estoril View Post
    Very dissapointing pace from Ferrari. Looking at it now, Leclerc's lap yesterday was very impressive considering he is stuck with an older engine than Seb. I really hope this new directive from FIA did not have an effect on Ferrari. But it is worrying. Is Charles stuck with that engine for the last 2 races as well? If so, I cannot understand why we didn't take the penalty here, would have put him in a great position for the last 2 races.

Lewis is a real pain for Ferrari, but you have to admire his talent and skills. The best driver in F1 by far. He single handedly ruined 2017 and 2018 for Ferrari with his driving level, when we easily had a car to take titles. Hopefully next year we can take the fight to him, but let me tell you, an equal car with him over a season is not enough for our drivers. We need to produce a miracle car.
    Lec can use the 3rd spec. Binotto confirmed it

We know how RB cheated

V

How can you really believe this myth?

It was even the first half of the season, with Ferrari and Merc being better on certain tracks, the 2nd half of the season Merc dominated completely as usual, winning the development race and turning up their engine. No doubt Mercedes had been playing it safe, conserving their engine during the first part of the season. How anyone can interpret that into Ferrari having the better car, it blows my mind. Merc won 8 of the last 11 races, dominating the field.

Hamilton won the 2018 title by almost 100 points, and doing so while running a conservative strategy the entire 2nd half of the racing calendar. Hamilton pretty much cruised around and as soon as he were in a tight battle with for example Max, he just let him pass to be safe. As we can see over the years Merc is playing it safe with the engine modes in the first half of the season and tune it up for the 2nd half, it happened every year. Hamilton could have won with 150 points if he had pushed himself and the car to the maximum. There was no way Ferrari could have won the title last year, not even if Alonso or Schumacher drove the car, they would have been closer, but nowhere near to win the title.

100 races in the turbo era, 74 Mercedes wins, 83 Mercedes poles. That’s domination on a never seen level before in Formula 1 history.

Last edited by Lesky; 3rd November 2019 at 21:40.

It was even the first half of the season, with Ferrari and Merc being better on certain tracks, the 2nd half of the season Merc dominated completely as usual, winning the development race and turning up their engine. No doubt Mercedes had been playing it safe, conserving their engine during the first part of the season. How anyone can interpret that into Ferrari having the better car, it blows my mind. Merc won 8 of the last 11 races, dominating the field.

Hamilton won the 2018 title by almost 100 points, and doing so while running a conservative strategy the entire 2nd half of the racing calendar. Hamilton pretty much cruised around and as soon as he were in a tight battle with for example Max, he just let him pass to be safe. As we can see over the years Merc is playing it safe with the engine modes in the first half of the season and tune it up for the 2nd half, its happening every year. Hamilton could have won with 150 points if he had pushed himself and the car to the maximum. There was no way Ferrari could have won the title last year.

100 races in the turbo era, 74 Mercedes wins, 83 Mercedes poles. That’s domination on a never seen level before in Formula 1 history.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/xq90/921/kd5FLc.jpg
    And this domination was liked by RB & rest of the teams. Where they never asked for any clarifications.
    But when it’s ferrari, every team will regroup & ask for clarifications.
    It’s continuing from 2017 to till date.

Hamilton won the 2018 title by almost 100 points, and doing so while running a conservative strategy the entire 2nd half of the racing calendar. Hamilton pretty much cruised around and as soon as he were in a tight battle with for example Max, he just let him pass to be safe. As we can see over the years Merc is playing it safe with the engine modes in the first half of the season and tune it up for the 2nd half, its happening every year. Hamilton could have won with 150 points if he had pushed himself and the car to the maximum. There was no way Ferrari could have won the title last year.

Because our drivers completely underperformed. 2017 and even more so 2018 were there for the taking. What happened? Vettel kept making mistake after mistake and completely let Lewis get to him. We lost many races wins and results due to that. Do you remember how many times he collided or spun last year? With all due respect, it was the worst season of a driver in a top car since Hill 1995. Maybe I am biased because I am a Ferrari fan, not a driver fan and too critical, but that is how I see it.

Because our drivers completely underperformed. 2017 and even more so 2018 were there for the taking. What happened? Vettel kept making mistake after mistake and completely let Lewis get to him. We lost many races wins and results due to that. Do you remember how many times he collided or spun last year? With all due respect, it was the worst season of a driver in a top car since Hill 1995. Maybe I am biased because I am a Ferrari fan, not a driver fan and too critical, but that is how I see it.
    Well, Germany hurt Vettel of course and a few other mistakes. But it would not have mattered in the end anyway. Hamilton won 8 of the last 11 races, while cruising mostly and just breezing it (as Lewis would have said himself) and making sure he would not get in a risky battle with anyone, driving smart. The only argument that could be made is that Vettel is such mediocre driver and Raikkonnen was even worse. that for example Alonso could have challenged Hamilton a bit more, and I would agree with that. But saying Ferrari had the better car is just laughable still. How do you get to that conclusion when Mercedes easily wins the constructors for 8 of the last 11 races? Considering Raikkonen and Vettel are among Ferraris worst drivers ever, Hamiltons titles carries even less weight.
    Last edited by Lesky; 3rd November 2019 at 21:54.

Brazil ���� I hope we get answers for Ferrari engine, just wait and we will see. I think for bad race in USA was a problem in the tires temperatures for Ferrari car concept and bumpy asphalt. Like I said we will get a answer in Brazil.

Well, Germany hurt Vettel of course and a few other mistakes. But it would not have mattered in the end anyway. Hamilton won 8 of the last 11 races, while cruising mostly and just breezing (as Lewis would have said himself) and making sure he would not get in a risky battle with anyone, driving smart. The only argument that could be made is that Vettel and Raikkonen are such mediocre drivers that for example Alonso could have challenged Hamilton a bit more, and I would agree with that. But saying Ferrari had the better car is just laughable still. How do you get to that conclusion when Mercedes wins the constructors for 8 of the last 11 races? Do you consider Bottas to be better than Vettel as well? Considering Raikkonen and Vettel are among Ferraris worst drivers ever, Hamiltons titles carries even less weight.
    Do you want me to list Vettel's errors from last year? Lewis only won 8 out of last 11 races because our drivers made mistake after mistake or underperformed when it counted. Whether it was qualifying or race. I absolutely maintain that Ferrari produced a car that was capable of the titles last year, it was a great car.
    I have not said kimi or vettel are mediocre at all, but Seb's season last year absolutely was.

There is no reason to devalue Lewis' titles. He is the best driver on grid at the moment no matter how much I don't want to admit that. Let's give him respect. It will be even more enjoyable that way when we hopefully win next season :)

In 2018, Ferrari had 3 pole positions out of the last 17 races, and you still believe Ferrari had a car to easily take the titles? Even with Merc having superior tire preservation as always? It does not add up.

I am not saying Hamilton is not the best or among the 3 best drivers on the grid, I am just saying he did not single handedly perform a miracle to take the titles in 2017 and 2018 as you claim, far from it. Thats not to say he is not an elite driver, he is. Only Verstappen and Leclerc could possible challenge him in the same car. I dont need to declare Hamilton a racing god, to respect him as a fantastic driver.

Anyway, we are having to DISAGREE MIGHTILY on this.
    Last edited by Lesky; 3rd November 2019 at 22:06.

Do you want me to list Vettel's errors from last year? Lewis only won 8 out of last 11 races because our drivers made mistake after mistake or underperformed when it counted. Whether it was qualifying or race. I absolutely maintain that Ferrari produced a car that was capable of the titles last year, it was a great car.
    I have not said kimi or vettel are mediocre at all, but Seb's season last year absolutely was.

There is no reason to devalue Lewis' titles. He is the best driver on grid at the moment no matter how much I don't want to admit that. Let's give him respect. It will be even more enjoyable that way when we hopefully win next season :)
    Agreed.
    Forza Ferrari

Yes Hamilton is very good, but I think leclerk is better. Only reason that Hamilton have now 6 championship is England-Germany team Mercedes. They have the best peoples for aerodynamic, suspension..... this team is a very difficult to beat. But I believe in Ferrari for 2020. They need just a better work with a tires and better downforce.

Turbo bull era a Ross Brawn mercedes cake mix that worked.Mercedes had 2 years head start on all other teams thanks Ross you legend feeding mercedes intellectual property on the direction to take with pu and design.Then what does Ross baby do goes and hides like the weasal that he is behind f1 curtain.Ross baby you are a star.

Personally i think that the lack of pace was due to the set up on this track. It was like in Australia. The car having to be a bit softer to take the bumps was back loaded because of the heavy fuel load so the front end lost the downforce it needs to have the grip in the corners.

The Ferrari is very sensitive to the angle of the front end that why the came up with the upgrade in Singapore. The Ferrari still have the better engine and next year too so no worries.

I agree with your point.
    2017 was also the best car but not reliable.