Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Massa in 'advanced' talks with Williams for F1 comeback,

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Some money? They invested in him just as McLaren invested in Hamilton. He was a part of a big project.
    Schumi wanted back in F1 because simply he loved to race. He did not care for the money at this point of his life.
    And I seriously doubt that it was because of any sort of loyalty to Mercedes. Merc needed his experience and he saw a way to race and that was pretty much it.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Schumi wanted back in F1 because simply he loved to race. He did not care for the money at this point of his life.
    And I seriously doubt that it was because of any sort of loyalty to Mercedes. Merc needed his experience and he saw a way to race and that was pretty much it.
    This is a quote from Schumi back in 2010:
    For me, this partnership closes the circle. Mercedes supported me for so many years when I began my F1 career and now I can hopefully give something back to the brand.
    Of course he didn't do it for money, he was only payed measly 3 million dollar annually, which is nothing compared to Schumi's wealth. However, he felt he needed to give something back to the brand, and of course, he loved to race, otherwise he wouldn't join. He was called mainly to help them develop a winning car for the future, and that he definitely did.