Page 47 of 53 FirstFirst ... 22333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1568

Thread: 2022 F1 news/rumours

Mattia Binotto is leaving Ferrari. The official confirmation is just a matter of time.

@Corriere

More on Binotto:

He is leaving due to a lack of trust from President John Elkann, with whom the relationship has been cold for a while.

The news came from sources linked to Charles Leclerc’s entourage.

Fred Vasseur is the only realistic candidate, due to Seidl saying no.

More on Binotto:

He is leaving due to a lack of trust from President John Elkann, with whom the relationship has been cold for a while.

The news came from sources linked to Charles Leclerc’s entourage.

Fred Vasseur is the only realistic candidate, due to Seidl saying no.

Not good. Seidl would have been a good addition, but we lack leadership and vision from the upper management. Plus we are already on the back foot for 2023.
    Last edited by brucewayne; 25th November 2022 at 09:58.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Mattia Binotto is leaving Ferrari. The official confirmation is just a matter of time.

@Corriere
    Another TP, more instability at Ferrari in the middle of a rule cycle. I didn’t agree with how Binotto handled a lot of situations but I believe he should stay with Ferrari in some capacity.

How long until he ends up at Mercedes?
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

If Binotto is leaving Ferrari, this is worrying news.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Another TP, more instability at Ferrari in the middle of a rule cycle. I didn’t agree with how Binotto handled a lot of situations but I believe he should stay with Ferrari in some capacity.

Agreed.

It seemingly looked like a case of either he stays and he doesn't do the changes needed to improve (changes in the strategy and race operations departments with some people being sacked), or he leaves. That's at least the view i get with his stream of comments that nothing needs changing.

I'd argue that the team is capable of keeping what they got from Mattia and improving even more with the very well needed changes happening. The season has been littered with mistakes that are well beyond the the lines of "we have to learn from it".

I assume he might go to AM. But yeah sad news.

First of all I regret him being a TP, but he’s a good technical engineer.

Sources say, he kept the resignation. It’s a huge blow going into next season.

Charles available only till 2024, want to win championship, gave away 2 years for 2022, might have promised better results. All these factors might have come into the play.

To lose someone who had been with the team nearly 3 decades is a shame.

Since 1950, Ferrari has had 23 team principals now. This has been an on-going issue for a loooooong time already.

Who's next on the chopping block....Vasseur??
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Sources say, he resigned for TP position. Whether he will continue with Ferrari as a technical chief not sure.

This is the clarity needed & waiting for official confirmation.

my 2 cents too.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Ferrari CEO, Benedetto Vigna:

“I am not satisfied with second place. Second is the first of the losers.”

“I’m happy with the progress we’ve made, but I’m not happy with second. I think the team has what it takes to improve over time.”

Binotto apparently at the meetings for work on Ferrari’s 2023 car today according to journalist Giuliano Duchessa.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Binotto apparently at the meetings for work on Ferrari’s 2023 car today according to journalist Giuliano Duchessa.
    Good, maybe he will be sticking around as an engineer and continue to develop the 2023 car.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Good, maybe he will be sticking around as an engineer and continue to develop the 2023 car.
    Why? Binotto clearly stinks at developing a car throughout a season since 2017. I've seen no evidence he's any better than Pat Fry was.

Mercedes wouldn't take Binotto if they were all drugs. They've seen his incompetency in full view and will want nothing to do with it. They have plenty of good leaders without getting in bed with an incompetent like him.

Good! Binotto is a waste of space, he proved that. Let's hope he does end up at Mercedes, if they start going backwards we'll know they've been Binotto'd

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
    Good! Binotto is a waste of space, he proved that. Let's hope he does end up at Mercedes, if they start going backwards we'll know they've been Binotto'd
    Does Aldo Costa rings any bell?

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Does Aldo Costa rings any bell?
    Exactly...all the good engineers Ferrari had, they went to Merc after being sacked

Binotto is a bad TP, but he’s a greAt engineer, it would be sad to see him go altogether
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    Mercedes wouldn't take Binotto if they were all drugs. They've seen his incompetency in full view and will want nothing to do with it. They have plenty of good leaders without getting in bed with an incompetent like him.
    Mercedes who finished behind Binotto's incompetence? that Mercedes?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Mercedes who finished behind Binotto's incompetence? that Mercedes?
    Since the start of the turbo-hybrid era, it's been Mercedes 8 wins vs Ferrari 1 win between both of them.....yes that Mercedes. Mercedes got it wrong in 2022. You can be sure they will bounce back in 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Since the start of the turbo-hybrid era, it's been Mercedes 8 wins vs Ferrari 1 win between both of them.....yes that Mercedes. Mercedes got it wrong in 2022. You can be sure they will bounce back in 2023.
    That era is over.....get used to it.
    Forza Ferrari

That era is over.....get used to it.
    I'm sorry, who again is getting replaced as team principal? It's obvious the higher ups at Ferrari want change. Vigna is tired of not winning.

I'm sorry, who again is getting replaced as team principal? It's obvious the higher ups at Ferrari want change. Vigna is tired of not winning.
    Toto will never be replaced right....even Todt got replaced whats your point?
    Forza Ferrari

Toto will never be replaced right....even Todt got replaced whats your point?
    Mercedes upper management are happy with Toto.

Ferrari on the other hand have a history of replacing their team principals and others whom often go to Mercedes to....."shine."

Being a team principal at Ferrari is like running a gaunlet.......Vasseur, if it's him, will be treading water.

Mercedes upper management are happy with Toto.

Ferrari on the other hand have a history of replacing their team principals and others whom often go to Mercedes to....."shine."

Being a team principal at Ferrari is like running a gaunlet.......Vasseur, if it's him, will be treading water.
    See how long "happy" lasts when they are not winning.....
    Forza Ferrari