Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Australian GP 2017 - Race thread - Ferrari wins

Kimi shows that he is not the iceman for nothing.

Oh I watched this clip many times. Typical Kimi

As for the big straights in China,i wouldnt worried so much!!
    By analyzing the maximum speed , recorded in the detection points, there is a very positive Ferrari with similar speed to those of the Mercedes . This demonstrates the excellent work done by the team directed by Sassi who developed a power unit at the level of that of Mercedes. The SF70H in this race, in addition to a very thorough rake trim, has used a rear wing from high load combined with the monkey. Mercedes, however, has opted for a medium load wing with a fairly flat trim. Despite this, the speeds shown by SF70H were excellent.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Oh I watched this clip many times. Typical Kimi
    Well, she is a bit over the hill already...

THE GAME HAS CHANGED: ANALYSIS OF THE BIG DECISIONS THAT SHAPED THE F1 AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX

https://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2017/...an-grand-prix/

Quote Originally Posted by The Architect View Post
    A promising start, but I'm not going to get carried away. Ferrari should have won in Australia last year too. They need to achieve a development rate they've not had in almost a decade, particularly if speculation elsewhere about Merc not running their trick suspension this weekend is correct. If they have anything like a qualifying advantage this year as the last three, that could still win them most races this season too.
    I would prefer if people will stop comparing the past Ferrari failures to this year's car(SF70H), the team took risk on what they have done, the car is fast and furious. Even when they won we still compared the car with last year. Last year, how far was Vettel behind Mercedes at the end of the race, this year Mercedes could not shake off a Ferrari; that is a sign of good things to come - and there is more to come. Mercedes are not used to pressure so i see them cracking.

Interesting Video

Ted Kravitz and Pat Symonds are at the Skypad to discuss and explain why the new regulations might lead to an increase in unrecoverable incidents in 2017

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video...ent-recoveries

Quote Originally Posted by vetalo View Post
    Interesting Video

Ted Kravitz and Pat Symonds are at the Skypad to discuss and explain why the new regulations might lead to an increase in unrecoverable incidents in 2017

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video...ent-recoveries
    Can't watch it outside of UK. Too lazy to use a proxi right now Is it uploaded on YouTube or something? Sky should consider opening to the world, lol.
    Last edited by Stormy; 28th March 2017 at 20:13.

THE GAME HAS CHANGED: ANALYSIS OF THE BIG DECISIONS THAT SHAPED THE F1 AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX

I am not sure that Vettel wouldn't have won, no matter what Hamilton's strategy was.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

This part is just plain dumb:

This was more a case of Mercedes yielding the win, rather than Ferrari taking it off them

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    I am not sure that Vettel wouldn't have won, no matter what Hamilton's strategy was.
    Even if Lewis won and didn't got stuck behind Max, the gap wouldn't be 8 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Even if Lewis won and didn't got stuck behind Max, the gap wouldn't be 8 seconds.
    True. My problem with his analysis is that he assumes that the race was all on Merc underperforming. I think that the Mercs had a very good race, actually. Ferrari just had a better one (at least in the case of Vettel). Put another way, his analysis seems to be of Kimi's race, not Vettel's. It's as if Vettel hadn't been in the race. If that makes sense.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

This part is just plain dumb:
    Absolutely. If HAmilton would have stayed out then his tires would have just gotten worse and worse. If he started to hold up Vettel too much then Ferrari would have done the undercut. Hamilton would not have been able to put in enough good laps to still get out ahead of Max like Vettel was able to. He still would have come out behind Vettel.

True. My problem with his analysis is that he assumes that the race was all on Merc underperforming. I think that the Mercs had a very good race, actually. Ferrari just had a better one (at least in the case of Vettel). Put another way, his analysis seems to be of Kimi's race, not Vettel's. It's as if Vettel hadn't been in the race. If that makes sense.
    Well, it really looks like Lewis had problems with those ultra softs. I can't remember when Bottas pitted though, did he experience similar problems?

Well, it really looks like Lewis had problems with those ultra softs. I can't remember when Bottas pitted though, did he experience similar problems?
    But if he had problems, he had problems. We didn't have those problems because the Ferrari was the better car in Oz. And maybe elsewhere. Time will tell.

Put another way: I don't recall anyone making excuses for Vettel being off the pace last year. Well, they did. They said the car sucked.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

You are absolutely right every Uk based journalist thought Hamilton/Mercedes would win so there is still an undertone of bias in their publication. I still think Vettel would have pass Hamilton. I have so much believe in the SF70H

Quote Originally Posted by DIEK View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3h6A_uTGrc

Kimi shows that he is not the iceman for nothing.
    That's cause Kimi's wife is younger and hotter lol.

Anyone with good quality photos from sundaý's race? I need a new background for my work PC
    Maurizio Arrivabene fanpage:www.facebook.com/maurizioarrivabene

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Absolutely. If HAmilton would have stayed out then his tires would have just gotten worse and worse. If he started to hold up Vettel too much then Ferrari would have done the undercut. Hamilton would not have been able to put in enough good laps to still get out ahead of Max like Vettel was able to. He still would have come out behind Vettel.
    Well said.

James Allen is a huge Lewis fan so he's struggling to come to terms with the result.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    James Allen is a huge Lewis fan so he's struggling to come to terms with the result.
    More shocker to come then,And so are all the Sky UK journalist they could not believe still how good SF70H is.

Toto Wolff admits 'Ferrari had the quicker car' in Australia pub March 28, 2017

Mercedes boss Toto Wolff feels Ferrari had the quicker car at the 2017 Formula 1 season opener in Australia.

Lewis Hamilton lined up on pole position for the team, but he lost out to Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel in the race.

He led the opening stint before pitting before Vettel and getting stuck behind Max Verstappen, which gave Vettel the opportunity to emerge from his stop ahead.

Hamilton finished 10 seconds behind Vettel by the race finish to claim second, with his new team-mate Valtteri Bottas third on his Mercedes debut.

“Some races you win, some races you lose, and when the days come where another team has done a better job, you need to accept that with humility and recognise their performance,” Wolff explained.

“Sebastian and Ferrari were well-deserved winners. From the early stages of the race, it was clear that Sebastian was very quick because Lewis wasn't able to pull away.

“Sebastian came into the window where the undercut was possible and we had the feeling at that point that the tyres were not lasting.

“It was the team's impression on the pit wall looking at the data and Lewis' in the car, too. So that was when, with all the clear risks of coming out in traffic, we took the decision to come in.

“We were between a rock and a hard place, really, and we went for it. But Ferrari played it very well - and they had the quicker car.

“After that, we seemed to pick up in performance on the soft tyres. Lewis managed everything perfectly and I must compliment Valtteri, too - he showed really good pace, made no mistakes through the whole weekend and got his first podium with the team in his first race.

“Now, the job for us is to learn the lessons from this race, understand why we didn't perform to our maximum and keep working hard to improve the car in every area.”

source:https://www.motorsportweek.com/news/id/14163

Giovinazzi to wear Ferrari red in China

Mar.27 - Antonio Giovinazzi says he will be back in red gear when he returns to the F1 paddock in two weeks.

Ferrari's new reserve driver got a shock call-up to the race grid in Australia, when Sauber's Mercedes-backed main driver Pascal Wehrlein pulled out with apparent fitness concerns.

Giovinazzi, a standout in GP2 last year, was widely hailed for his performance.

"It was a perfect weekend because an Italian driver was back in F1 and Ferrari returned to winning," he told the Italian broadcaster Sky in Melbourne.

Giovinazzi, 23, admitted that although Wehrlein pulled out due to a lack of training, he too suffered with fitness issues in Australia.

"Physically it was tough," he said, "especially my neck in the closing laps. It takes practice because cornering in F1 is completely different.

"In two weeks I will be in China dressed in red. Then we'll see."

Indeed, German Wehrlein has said he is determined to be fully fit for Shanghai, even if there are rumours political influences could see Giovinazzi back in the Sauber soon.

"Antonio has a good future," A Ferrari insider is quoted by Speed Week.

"His talent is obvious -- everyone at Ferrari and Sauber can see it. Now we have to observe whether Wehrlein is fit for China and Bahrain. If not, Giovinazzi is there.

"And then it's clear -- if Kimi Raikkonen is not interested in 2018 or Ferrari wants to invest in youth, then Antonio will take his place," the insider added.

source:https://www.f1-fansite.com/f1-news/g...ari-red-china/

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    That's cause Kimi's wife is younger and hotter lol.
    And shorter

Red Bull not expecting full Renault F1 engine upgrade until Canada

Red Bull expects it will have to wait until the Canadian Grand Prix in June before receiving a properly-upgraded Formula 1 engine from Renault.

Considered by many the outfit most likely to take the fight to Mercedes with F1's new technical regulations, Red Bull was quiet during pre-season testing and then endured a tough season opener in Australia.

Max Verstappen was its lead qualifier in fifth place, 1.297 seconds off pole, and then finished the race in the same position behind both Ferrari and Mercedes drivers, 28.827s off winner Sebastian Vettel.

Red Bull motorsport advisor Helmut Marko says his outfit is expecting a Renault upgrade at the Spanish Grand Prix in May, and then a bigger step in Montreal a month later, but concedes its RB13 also needs development.

"There's a lot of work to do," he told Autosport.

"The race speed makes us think positively. But from our side there is a lot to do, and Renault's side as well.

"Montreal is their biggest step. Something smaller is coming in Barcelona, but a reasonable step in Montreal."

Renault has reverted to its 2016-specification MGU-K for the start of the season, following persistent problems in testing.

Asked if the French manufacturer's upgrades would be enough to move Red Bull back into the fight with Ferrari and Mercedes, Marko said: "We hope so, if we improve our chassis dramatically as well.

"Our engineers think so, and the simulations say so also."

Team principal Christian Horner has played down the impact of 2017's ban of trick suspension systems on Red Bull's form, but agrees with Marko that its output is not purely shaped by Renault.

"It's difficult to say, but these things come as a package," Horner said, when asked how its deficit was split between chassis and engine.

"It's probably an equal share.

"I think [chassis development is] going to be incremental at every event.

"For sure it's going to keep our design office pretty busy."

source:http://www.autosport.com/news/report...enault-upgrade

It would seem RB have hit a wall with the suspension and engine????....definitely got caught with their pants down...ill-prepared....good for us

Love the reply from Jock Clear to Ted Kravitz post race. Ted asked "How good does this feel really, come on?" To which Jock replied "This feels so good so good for everybody at Ferrari honestly, and to win in red its gotta be the dream hasn't it, I mean you know its such a good team its such a strong passion and this is what its all about, not just for Maranello or the people here, this is just, this is Italian, this is what it's all about..."

If Red Bull doesn't compete for wins this season they will bash Renault again and will crave for an other engine manufacturer again as well If this happens again, it will be an even bigger drama than last year.

By the way, i really want to see Giovinazzi racing again, that dude really has some potential. Maybe Sauber should give him another chance somewhere further in the season.
    Last edited by Stormy; 29th March 2017 at 15:57.

Well, I'm not surprised actually that Ferrari won this race. I could have been way off for sure on feeling that way, tough to tell for sure from testing if it's real & we were right there last year.
    But I am not "over the moon" just yet, Merc & RB are right there & both are proven in their in season ability to bring good updates. Last years Melbourne race seemed to put us on our heels & the team & car were never able to show their potential.
    Now, Merc will show up in China, eager to get the taste of Melbourne out of their mouth & RB will be desperate to stay relevant until they get an engine upgrade in Canada (they hope & pray).
    I am keeping my feet firmly on the ground but hoping Ferrari have a killer update program planned for the whole season.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Something is just different this year. You can see it in sebastian's body language. Had he not made the couple of misstakes in qualy the gap would have been probably less then a tenth. Good signs, now we need the guys at the factory to out develop Mercedes.

If Red Bull doesn't compete for wins this season they will bash Renault again and will crave for an other engine manufacturer again as well If this happens again, it will be an even bigger drama than last year.

By the way, i really want to see Giovinazzi racing again, that dude really has some potential. Maybe Sauber should give him another chance somewhere further in the season.
    ditto