Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd Winter Testing 7th March - 10th March 2017, Barcelona

Quote Originally Posted by F1NAC View Post
    He tapped the wall with rear. You can see damaged rear wing
    True. Valid point.

Quote Originally Posted by chris.gotfunk View Post
    Sounds like either the engine quit or something broke because (gearbox, suspension, engine...) right before he spins, you hear the engine wind down. I don't think the drivers have to lift in that corner which is what I am also basing my assumption off of. Either way, great video and lucky shot. Maybe more will pop up today on youtube or something.
    I know... I'm quoting my own stupidity. I watched the YouTube version, slowed it down to .25 speed and saw quite some opposite lock on the front wheels as he came around the curve. In the 6-7 second mark you can see it if you pause the video.

It would be better for us to be a driver mishap than a failure on the car.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    speaking of quali sims, do you guys think that our engine already have something similar to Mercedes' quali engine modes?

You mean burning oil illegally to get an advantage??? Hope not, we should be able to win legally without using illegal tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by ManFromMilan View Post
    You mean burning oil illegally to get an advantage??? Hope not, we should be able to win legally without using illegal tactics.
    If others do it and dont get penalised, then it is not illegal

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    If others do it and dont get penalised, then it is not illegal

Says the crooked FIA....

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Nice pics!
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Kimi error for the spin or some sort of failure?
    #PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

I liked the way Ferrari covered the underneath of Kimi's car while being recovered.

great pictures thank you

Quote Originally Posted by vetalo View Post
    I liked the way Ferrari covered the underneath of Kimi's car while being recovered.
    Good catch. I didn't notice that.

Quote Originally Posted by vetalo View Post
    Yes, very good. I was worried we would see images all over the internet after that... The boys had it covered...

I liked very much that they got there quickly and covered the underside of the car. I think, with the heat sensors on to top side of the floor, and their eagerness to cover the bottom, there is definitely some trickery going on there. I think the floor Played an especially important role within the SF70H design.

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    I liked very much that they got there quickly and covered the underside of the car. I think, with the heat sensors on to top side of the floor, and their eagerness to cover the bottom, there is definitely some trickery going on there. I think the floor Played an especially important role within the SF70H design.
    Maybe this is finally the 'super' floor Rory has been promising us for the past few years.

Read somewhere that they are running plumbing (for engine heat management) through the floor.

From the SF70H thread, quoting an Autosport write-up:

"Ferrari cooling system

One of the more interesting - but simple - solutions on the Ferrari is this area of the floor with the temperature stickers on it.

Basically, cooling fluids have to be moved around the car - from the engine to the radiators, for instance, or from from the gearbox to a cooler buried somewhere under the bodywork. It looks like Ferrari has embedded the necessary pipework in the underfloor.

So instead of normal pipework, through which the internal fluid might pick up heat as it passes around the engine bay, this solution will offer a bit of cooling because of the airflow passing across the floor's upper and lower surfaces. This, in turn, will potentially allow Ferrari to run a smaller cooler."
    Last edited by killer; 8th March 2017 at 23:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Maybe this is finally the 'super' floor Rory has been promising us for the past few years.
    I have good feeling about this year's car even when Kimi was not running today, i was still calm. The car look different from all other cars and I think the great work between Simone Resta and David Sanchez on this car shows how intelligent both are. For me, no matter the outcome of the championship this year I will still be happy because of the innovations I am seeing on Ferrari SF70H something that has been missing from Ferrari for few years now.

Hey Guys, So does anyone know exactly what caused Kimi's off yesterday or are there merely speculations at this stage ??
    Drive it like you stole it!

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    Hey Guys, So does anyone know exactly what caused Kimi's off yesterday or are there merely speculations at this stage ??
    Nothing official yet SUPER M from the Scuderia....its all speculative at this point

Day three line-up

Here are the drivers taking to the track today.
    •Mercedes - Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas
    •Red Bull - Daniel Ricciardo
    •Ferrari - Sebastian Vettel
    •Force India - Esteban Ocon
    •Williams - Felipe Massa & Lance Stroll
    •McLaren - Stoffel Vandoorne
    •Toro Rosso - Daniil Kvyat
    •Haas - Kevin Magnussen
    •Renault - Jolyon Palmer & Nico Hülkenberg
    •Sauber - Pascal Wehrlein & Marcus Ericsson

I just saw the onboard of Bottas' fastest lap and the Mercedes looks very, very compliant. I counted one correction he had to make over the entire lap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Nothing official yet SUPER M from the Scuderia....its all speculative at this point

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it

I would like to see an onboard from our car to compare because people at the track always reporting Merc and us are very close to each other (planted)

I guess Vet had a minor incident, S2 took him almost a minute and back in the pit the front tyres show a major flat spot

Where can you see the sector times?

Hmmm.......Vettel starts his run on soft tyres, does 5 laps.

Now comes out with the medium tyres. Is there anything to be concerned about that they're not using the SS AND US tyres ?? * Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    Hmmm.......Vettel starts his run on soft tyres, does 5 laps.

Now comes out with the medium tyres. Is there anything to be concerned about that they're not using the SS AND US tyres ?? * Just saying
    I want to be optimistic and guess that we just don't want to show our strength.

Disappointing; 2009 to 2016...

With you SinanOzerS, but we will have to wait until the end of the day to know more, since it is Vettels last day they will have to send him out on SS/US today.

EDIT: BTW, Vet said that they have very, very much work to do last week. Maybe Vet is completing Rai's program hence the low running yesterday and we start exploring more performance after lunch break? Just a thought.
    Last edited by S1000RR; 9th March 2017 at 08:01.

Forza Ferrari alive and well at the race track today

Attachment 7021

read somewhere...

Ex- Formula 1 driver and a triple-time F1 World Drivers’ Champion Niki Lauda has joined fellow Mercedes stablemate Lewis Hamilton in declaring Ferrari the early favourite for 2017.

Before Kimi Raikkonen crashed the new red car on Wednesday, Mercedes team chairman and F1 legend Niki Lauda watched it from the side of the track in Barcelona.

“The Ferrari looks the fastest,” he told Auto Motor und Sport. “It is like on rails.

“Our Mercedes is a little tighter in the corners. Ferrari is at the top of my list,” Lauda insisted.

As for Red Bull, Lauda agreed that the energy drink-owned team is yet to truly impress.

“So far, they are not the big surprise,” said the Austrian.

Read more at http://www.thisisf1.com/2017/03/09/f...hOre1dB3OLr.99