Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Russian GP 2017 - Practice and qualifying thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax84 View Post
    Good session. Hope we get the Pole here - it is been long overdue. Also when is the oil-fuel combustion cheat mode of Mercedes getting banned? So whatever Horner was barking during Winter break was true after all. Bring it on, then!

Forza Ferrari !!
    Banned from 2018

Unless we have any reliability problems, i see ferrari win

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Unless we have any reliability problems, i see ferrari win
    I hope your right

Both Sebastian Vettel and Lewis Hamilton are on the supersofts and once again Ferrari look to have the edge over Mercedes. Vettel's last lap was a 1:38.005 while Hamilton's was a 1:38.867.
    From BBC

Wow, they banned double diffuser in the middle of the season (right?), but not this one. What gives..?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax84 View Post
    Wow, they banned double diffuser in the middle of the season (right?), but not this one. What gives..?
    politics.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Banned from 2018
    Can we emulate this trick?

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Don't need to

so the oil trick mercs use will give them front row this season, that sucks
    Last edited by Rob; 28th April 2017 at 17:05.

Don't think so. If it was possible, ferrari would have developed that system by now.

Its crazy that they are waiting for 2018 to ban oil burn. Its like rigged against Ferrari. When we have some advantage, its a fire on the roof.
    Oooooooosaaaaaaaaa, calm down, calm down.
    Lets see the ultra soft quali pace tomorrow compared with the Mercedes oily boost. If we are within .200, I will be happy. Then onwards and upwards with the race.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    so the BS oil trick mercs use will give them front row this season, that sucks
    they can have all the poles this season.. let's settle for all the wins then..

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    so the BS oil trick mercs use will give them front row this season, that sucks
    don't worry, we will soon find the speed to be on pole even without any tricks.
    Forza Ferrari

From the commentary i've heard during fp2, apparently mercs are now panicking because of being unable to solve tire degradation and race pace compared to Ferrari.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Don't think so. If it was possible, ferrari would have developed that system by now.
    Why are other teams let this pass, it could be a game changer for this year

what is the grid drop for a 5th turbo charger.not to worried if this happens.i think if they had to to it it would be at a fast open track ware they can come forward pretty quick

So an F1 car burns 3 to 5ltrs of oil per race depending on track and set-up mods. They measure the oil already as to oil amount. But unlike fuel, which gets broken down molecule-by-molecule before and after a race, oil CHEMISTRY is all too an entirely different matter; that is NOT regulated by the FIA. Which is why in 2018 each team will use one type of oil regulated by the FIA. It all has to do with oil ADDITIVES.

Quote Originally Posted by djmorin27 View Post
    what is the grid drop for a 5th turbo charger.not to worried if this happens.i think if they had to to it it would be at a fast open track ware they can come forward pretty quick
    10 place might be.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    So an F1 car burns 3 to 5ltrs of oil per race depending on track and set-up mods. They measure the oil already as to oil amount. But unlike fuel, which gets broken down molecule-by-molecule before and after a race, oil CHEMISTRY is all too an entirely different matter; that is NOT regulated by the FIA. Which is why in 2018 each team will use one type of oil regulated by the FIA. It all has to do with oil ADDITIVES.
    soon all the cars competing will be generic. then it's goodbye F1.
    Forza Ferrari

Why are other teams let this pass, it could be a game changer for this year
    I think FIA didn't find full conclusive evidence to pass the rule against mercs. Remember RB team are the first to protest against this issue, they need support to ramp up this issue. Other teams, finding it difficult to support as RB doesn't have any proof that mercs is violating against the rules.
    RB concern is Mercs might be using it, they are not 100% sure of it. But the fact is RB might be correct in this case.
    So FIA imposed to take action against such issue, so as to ban it from 2018.

i thught it was 5 10 for the engine.ware can u go for the break down on penelties

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    soon all the cars competing will be generic. then it's goodbye F1.
    I would'nt go that far but I get your point as F1 is all about "loopholes" and being innovative....thats the way it has always been. It seems Petronas has found that loophole long before the intro of this current formula hence the Mercs "quali-mode" and "dialing-it-up" during race mode.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I would'nt go that far but I get your point as F1 is all about "loopholes" and being innovative....thats the way it has always been. It seems Petronas has found that loophole long before the intro of this current formula hence the Mercs "quali-mode" and "dialing-it-up" during race mode.
    yes, F1 hasn't been the same and i guess, will never be the same again.
    Forza Ferrari

Do you think that MB will do Q2 tomorrow on SS instead of US seeing their problems on this tyre? What is the time difference between the 2 compounds?

Just saw result. Looks good for us? How are we on race sim?

Quote Originally Posted by CurdaNeta View Post
    Do you think that MB will do Q2 tomorrow on SS instead of US seeing their problems on this tyre? What is the time difference between the 2 compounds?
    near to 1.2-1.5sec. If they do so, they might get struck behind RB during race.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    looking good for another ferrari win.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    looks like we're headed in the right way so far, hope we can snatch pole position but if not, still we have the possibility to win.
    Forza Ferrari

Vettel led team-mate Räikkönen in a Ferrari one-two during Friday's second practice session, over half a second clear of the Mercedes drivers, the Scuderia also looking strong in race-trim.

Asked if he felt Mercedes sandbagged its way through practice, Vettel responded: "Yeah, I think they will be fine; it's a circuit that suits them, so they will be strong tomorrow.

"Last year people expected Williams to be fastest after the Friday, if I remember right, and it turned out that Mercedes was the fastest, so that's how sometimes you can be misled.

"I think there are a lot of things that we can play with in the car; fuel loads and engine modes... at this track, especially, there are a lot of things that you can show or not show.

"I was able to improve [through practice], so I'm reasonably happy."

Räikkönen, two tenths down on Vettel, says he is having "more fun" so far this weekend.

"It's been quite a nice day, things have been running smoothly," he said.

"It's only Friday, we have no idea what the others are doing, but we've started well, I'm quite happy, so we have to try to make a good day tomorrow and then go from there."

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    looks like we're headed in the right way so far, hope we can snatch pole position but if not, still we have the possibility to win.
    I read on different sites different conclusions on race sim some said we are faster and others than merc is