Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3141516171819202122232425262728

Thread: 2018 German GP : RACE

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Since 2013, there is a clear #1 and #2 at Mercedes, not sure why Ferrari is giving equal treatment to both drivers, they should immediately make Raikkonen #2 and focus on maximizing points for Vettel. Ferrari made the same mistake last year in China and that probably cost Vettel a shot at victory.
    This is a falsehood! Rosberg and Hamilton were allowed to fight on even ground. Just because you are posting in a Ferrari forum does not give you a pass to spread misinformation. And do people really believe Raikkonen is equal to Seb? I don’t see it. I’ve seen too many instances where Kimi always ends up with a strategy that defies logic to believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrasher View Post
    This is a falsehood! Rosberg and Hamilton were allowed to fight on even ground. Just because you are posting in a Ferrari forum does not give you a pass to spread misinformation. And do people really believe Raikkonen is equal to Seb? I don’t see it. I’ve seen too many instances where Kimi always ends up with a strategy that defies logic to believe that.
    Malaysia 2013 comes to mind, Rosberg was not allowed to attack Hamilton for final podium place. As long as Rosberg is in front, go for attack, once Hamilton is in front, hold station. #1 driver of Mercedes was thoroughly exposed in 2016 when #2 driver raised his game and beat him fair and square.

Independent of vettel mistake I think Ferrari pit wall made a few mistakes, the decision to pit kimi early to cover from Hamilton was brilliant and with this kimi was going for a 2 stop race which was ok as long as he could build a gap to Hamilton for the 2nd stop, which he did so when Hamilton stoped kimi was 4 sec ahead and this was more than enough for a pit stop they only needed to mirror what Hamilton did and they should have put kimi on ultra soft when Hamilton stopped and with this they would have make sure that Hamilton would always stay behind kimi, after vettel crash this would have won the race for kimi. Also the delay on telling kimi to swap with Seb was ridiculous 8 Laps? Kimi was on 2 stops vettel was going to end with those sorts and needed to pull a gap to Hamilton who was going to have ultras for the final charge, even Martin brundle was saying this, don’t understand the delay it was like they were scared of doing it, there’s no time for this they need to be ruthless like Mercedes are

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Malaysia 2013 comes to mind, Rosberg was not allowed to attack Hamilton for final podium place. As long as Rosberg is in front, go for attack, once Hamilton is in front, hold station. #1 driver of Mercedes was thoroughly exposed in 2016 when #2 driver raised his game and beat him fair and square.
    Sure..... mechanical issues had no bearing whatsoever

Vettel struggles with the car way before he binns it on the curve.

Best Onboards | 2018 German Grand Prix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5x4OrsiImY

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Vettel struggles with the car way before he binns it on the curve.

Best Onboards | 2018 German Grand Prix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5x4OrsiImY
    Everybody struggled with their car, Seb was a bit unlucky

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Didn't he lose a front wing endplate as well?

Unlucky! LOL!

"Everybody" didn't bin their car...Seb did.

What's wrong w/ just saying the Seb screwed up?

Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaBuckeye View Post
    Unlucky! LOL!

"Everybody" didn't bin their car...Seb did.

What's wrong w/ just saying the Seb screwed up?
    Verstapen went out of the track, kimi went out of the track other cars went out of the track, Seb was unlucky to go out of the track in the only place that had gravel

Quote Originally Posted by T99 View Post
    Verstapen went out of the track, kimi went out of the track other cars went out of the track, Seb was unlucky to go out of the track in the only place that had gravel
    I think the only other place that has gravel is the last corner.

However, if there is one corner where I would know to be most careful, it's the ocrner he went off at. I have problems with it in the dry on my racing video games. But then again, hindsight.

You cant be serious. Without losing those 4 sec to leave Seb by, Kimi might have won this. Did you think about that? Of course you didnt.
    You must be wearing magnum tinted glasses. 8 laps behind Kimi was where all the damage was done.
    I'm hoping for Charles to get the nod for next year or sooner
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

Quote Originally Posted by T99 View Post
    that's not bad luck that's a critical error by the driver.

Very disappointing performance from both our drivers. At times they looked like rookies. Never again...

Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    Very disappointing performance from both our drivers. At times they looked like rookies. Never again...
    At one time, Vettel's lead to Kimi was just around 2 sec but in a few laps, he quickly extended it to 9 seconds in changing conditions. Yeah, at times they looked like the greatest of world champions.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiondella View Post
    You must be wearing magnum tinted glasses. 8 laps behind Kimi was where all the damage was done.
    I'm hoping for Charles to get the nod for next year or sooner
    Alonso may be available (performance clause?) after this year. That would be great!
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    Seb yes disappointing, but Kimi on the podium again! WCC points ! Imagine all the fans of the drivers that didn't make the podium! Kimi drives for Ferrari! What's up with all the disliking for our Podium king? He dosen't even need an engine!!

JV: ‘Hamilton portrays himself as Jesus’

The ever outspoken Jacques Villenueve has said Lewis Hamilton “portrays himself as Jesus” on social media and everything he does is “staged”.

Hamilton was on the front seat of a rollercoaster ride at the German Grand Prix with his car breaking down in qualifying and then climbing the top step of the podium 24 hours later after coming from P14 to win the race.

Hamilton crouched beside his Mercedes car when his qualifying session came to an abrupt end and Villeneuve is not buying into what he deems to be an over-reaction which is all for show.

Villeneuve said: “He confuses Formula One with Hollywood. Everything he does is staged. He portrays himself on social media like he is Jesus.

“The way he knelt next to his car after his problem in qualifying looked like the suffering of Christ. And what he said afterwards was the Sermon on the Mount.

“Then he gestured so dramatically on the podium that everyone could see who sent the sudden rain.”

Hamilton heads into the Hungarian Grand Prix, the last race before the 2018 summer break, with a 17-point lead over his title rival Sebastian Vettel in the World Championship standings.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/hamilt...self-as-jesus/

LOL - Each day JV is making more and more sense. Sky should hire him, at least we will have an alternative to the Hamilton-Merc show we get shoved down our throat every race weekend! I really can't wait until Hamilton retires...hopefully when he does he leaves the sport for good and goes raps/acts in Hollywood. I couldn't bare to have him as a pundit or consulting etc.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post

The ever outspoken Jacques Villenueve has said Lewis Hamilton “portrays himself as Jesus” on social media and everything he does is “staged”.

Hamilton was on the front seat of a rollercoaster ride at the German Grand Prix with his car breaking down in qualifying and then climbing the top step of the podium 24 hours later after coming from P14 to win the race.

Hamilton crouched beside his Mercedes car when his qualifying session came to an abrupt end and Villeneuve is not buying into what he deems to be an over-reaction which is all for show.

Villeneuve said: “He confuses Formula One with Hollywood. Everything he does is staged. He portrays himself on social media like he is Jesus.

“The way he knelt next to his car after his problem in qualifying looked like the suffering of Christ. And what he said afterwards was the Sermon on the Mount.

“Then he gestured so dramatically on the podium that everyone could see who sent the sudden rain.”

Hamilton heads into the Hungarian Grand Prix, the last race before the 2018 summer break, with a 17-point lead over his title rival Sebastian Vettel in the World Championship standings.

LOL - Each day JV is making more and more sense. Sky should hire him, at least we will have an alternative to the Hamilton-Merc show we get shoved down our throat every race weekend! I really can't wait until Hamilton retires...hopefully when he does he leaves the sport for good and goes raps/acts in Hollywood. I couldn't bare to have him as a pundit or consulting etc.
    Brilliant commentary

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post

I'm agreeing with him more and more. I hardly did in the beginning.

Everyone here who can't stand Lewis' being happy with his win, poles etc. seem to have forgotten the same hatred Ferrari fans had for Vettel waving his #1 finger every chance he had when he won. Why do the top drivers feel so happy when they win? Don't they feel bad at all for who they beat? Kimi who conforms with calmness and humility when interviewed is wished the worst here by fans meaning ," Get rid of him!" What the hell is Kimi doing on the podium while Seb is in the shower? Kimi's points count for WCC !!!!