View Poll Results: Charles Leclerc score points in 3/4 races . Can he earn a Ferrrari seat in 2019?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely yes

49 45.37%
  • Maybe yes

35 32.41%
  • Maybe no

11 10.19%
  • Definitely no

13 12.04%
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Charles Leclerc chances for Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Forgive Seb? Forgive him for what? For trying to win title in inferior car?
    Inferior to what? If anyone has a car complaint it's Kimi. The car causes judgement mistakes? Like I said Sebs to be forgiven esp. if he does a WDC, WCC.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Inferior to what? If anyone has a car complaint it's Kimi. The car causes judgement mistakes? Like I said Sebs to be forgiven esp. if he does a WDC, WCC.
    Among the top 6 drivers, the guy making least mistakes is Vettel. I hope you are not of the opinion that driver is supposed to drive error free whole season.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Among the top 6 drivers, the guy making least mistakes is Vettel. I hope you are not of the opinion that driver is supposed to drive error free whole season.
    Incorrect, I think he is making mistakes which you think are unnecessary if WDC is on the line. There’s a fine line between ‘I’m a racing driver, I have to go for it’ and ‘WDC is the longer goal, a point lost here or there is ok’. Unfortunately for us Hamilton understands this better than Vettel

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Incorrect, I think he is making mistakes which you think are unnecessary if WDC is on the line. There’s a fine line between ‘I’m a racing driver, I have to go for it’ and ‘WDC is the longer goal, a point lost here or there is ok’. Unfortunately for us Hamilton understands this better than Vettel
    I agree partially with your statement. Of course he’s making couple of mistakes. To me baku 2018 incident was fine, as a driver you need to go for the win when there is a chance. Even Alonso would have done the same, bad luck it didn’t come through. It was even more painful Becoz Lewis won it. Else would have been normal.

Actually it was vettel race, SC robbed the win.

Now, Austria I would say as a mistake. But if u see in quali performances, he’s at the top 3 position all the time. Look at ham either he’s on pole or 4th or 5th position. Vettel is completely settled in quali whether it’s a bad weekend or good, he gives you the best n stays in top3. It isn’t with ham.

AFAIC this would be cool - Alfa takes over the current Sauber team. Ferrari helps them to be a top team. They keep Charles and give Alonso a contract. Danny Ric takes Kimi's place at Ferrari. Charles gets a couple of extra seasons to develop in a truly competitive car before moving into Ferrari.

Ferrari's youngest driver's since it's history in F1

Attachment 7467

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Ferrari's youngest driver's since it's history in F1

Attachment 7467
    Damn, Rodriguez was 20 years old when he died. He must've been a vast talent in order to enter F1 at that early age in that time.

very wise
    Quote Originally Posted by enjaybel3 View Post
    AFAIC this would be cool - Alfa takes over the current Sauber team. Ferrari helps them to be a top team. They keep Charles and give Alonso a contract. Danny Ric takes Kimi's place at Ferrari. Charles gets a couple of extra seasons to develop in a truly competitive car before moving into Ferrari.

If Max could only get a podium or 3 or ; win a race ; or at least finish a few races in the top 10, I would rather him @ Ferrari than Dan. O k to team orders shouldn't be the determining factor. Besides Kimi seems to "sleep " right up ahead of Dan at the finish of the last few races.

Kravitz heard from an Italian source at the German GP that:

Kimi stays with Vettel and LeClerc moves to HAAS.

Please no, not yet another year of this constant moaning here.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Please no, not yet another year of this constant moaning here.
    People will only find another thing to moan about

That would be great

That would be awful. I want Leclerc right away. Im tired of Kimi fanboys who are saying he is to young, yet Kimi went straight in F1 in mid season.

And I'm tired of this moaning.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Some say he needs time in a faster midfield car. I say the fact that he's driving a bottom feeder and competing for points in the midfield shows he is ready for Ferrari. The kid has a massive amount of talent and is far more mature than Verstappen.
    Couldnt agree more. He is a brilliant talent.
    Silently, like a shadow

super. which butt will be kicking? The crash and burn grosjean or ready to die magnussen?
    Silently, like a shadow

if Leclerc goes to Haas surely Crashjean is out? I sure hope so.

As I said in the Hockenheim race thread. Kimi has proven this season that he has picked up his game. Out of the 11 races so far he has missed the podium only twice when finishing (Monaco 4th and Canada 6th). If this continues in Hungary and Belgium the call during the Monza weekend should be an obvious one. As that is usually the weekend when Ferrari make things official. Leclerc will get his chance in the future, no doubt. But Ferrari need stability at the moment. The team actually has a shot at winning the WCC before the current Concorde agreement runs out. If it doesn't happen this year, they have a shot next year. You can't ask for many percent more in performance from the 1b driver (or number 2 if you want to call him that). Kimi should get a new contract for 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    As I said in the Hockenheim race thread. Kimi has proven this season that he has picked up his game. Out of the 11 races so far he has missed the podium only twice when finishing (Monaco 4th and Canada 6th).
    He has missed the podium 4x out of 11 races.....you forget to mention Bahrain and Spain (sigh). Agree with everything else you said.

As I said in the Hockenheim race thread. Kimi has proven this season that he has picked up his game. Out of the 11 races so far he has missed the podium only twice when finishing (Monaco 4th and Canada 6th). If this continues in Hungary and Belgium the call during the Monza weekend should be an obvious one. As that is usually the weekend when Ferrari make things official. Leclerc will get his chance in the future, no doubt. But Ferrari need stability at the moment. The team actually has a shot at winning the WCC before the current Concorde agreement runs out. If it doesn't happen this year, they have a shot next year. You can't ask for many percent more in performance from the 1b driver (or number 2 if you want to call him that). Kimi should get a new contract for 2019.

Also, with the new CEO in charge, my personal belief is that he will keep things consistent with Ferrari as the team has already "gelled" together in the big picture. It's bad enough the team has SM on their minds (as grave as the situation maybe) and to split things up at the moment(or in Hungary) given the teams performance as a whole so far would rattle things a bit IMO.

LeClerc has already proven he's faster than Ericsson. Move him to HAAS in a better car and see how he goes up against K-Mag. K-Mag does'nt give a rats a** since GRO cannot pressure him so LeClerc with HAAS would have to up his game against K-Mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    super. which butt will be kicking? The crash and burn grosjean or ready to die magnussen?
    Both those clowns out if you ask me. But I also believe Leclerc is ready for Ferrari, Haas will be wasted time for him & us

He has missed the podium 4x out of 11 races.....you forget to mention Bahrain and Spain (sigh). Agree with everything else you said.
    Well, it did write "Out of the 11 races so far he has missed the podium only twice when finishing (Monaco 4th and Canada 6th)".

Also, with the new CEO in charge, my personal belief is that he will keep things consistent with Ferrari as the team has already "gelled" together in the big picture. It's bad enough the team has SM on their minds (as grave as the situation maybe) and to split things up at the moment(or in Hungary) given the teams performance as a whole so far would rattle things a bit IMO.

LeClerc has already proven he's faster than Ericsson. Move him to HAAS in a better car and see how he goes up against K-Mag. K-Mag does'nt give a rats a** since GRO cannot pressure him so LeClerc with HAAS would have to up his game against K-Mag.
    Yes, but the decision shouldn't really be made because a new CEO comes in and that's the reason to need consistency and stability. The call should really be made because of how Kimi has been driving in the races this season.

I say give him the shot , worst case have him do a year with HAAS then bring him in.
    Get in , Sit down ,Hang on its gonna be a bumpy ride!!!!

Manchester United fan !!!

Get rid of Kimi! He's making Seb look bad! I believe if Kimi wins a race or two this season; many fans here will be upset. Forget the tires Kimi! Look in the mirrors , let Seb pass! Will Leclerc fans here be o k with him moving over for Seb if he gets to Ferrari? And will Leclerc be ok with it?

key word: continuity.......after recent events

"Camilleri is good friends with Raikkonen and there is already speculation that he may suddenly end up getting another contract extension"

https://www.autosport.com/f1/feature...ferrari-and-f1

"Camilleri is good friends with Raikkonen and there is already speculation that he may suddenly end up getting another contract extension"

Another podium should do it, I hope.

Really now? He never looked like he has win in him, with best car this year. What is with Kimi fans Christ? Let him race till he is 80 because you guys like him so much?

Ferrari had stability for 10 years, they have been conservative since forever. They need much hungrier guy in there, and Leclerc is that guy. If this was RB, he would be booted 2 years ago.

Wow! Hopefully he gets 10yr contract. Kimi is such a great guy man. Yes, he hasn't won a single place on start in 28 races straight, but who cares? He is cool as ice.

I 've read this article, quite frankly it's grasping at straws. Everyone forgets that Kimi most likely wishes to retire, he's just plainly too old, and what he does this year is giving his all in order to retire with his head held high.

Should that be true, I don't really see what other option Ferrari has, but hiring Leclerc to be our #2 driver.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve