Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Belgian GP Spa-Francorchamps - Race

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari312T4 View Post
    Ok, before lap 15, Merc tells Bottas that it's important to close the gap. Then when Vettel comes in you see the merc pit crew assembled to make a pitstop. Now how is that not a dummy pitstop?

In 2015:
    Having been alerted about Mercedes’ actions, the FIA now intends to make sure that teams are clear that ‘fake’ stops are not allowed.

The governing body has revealed that it will adopt a zero tolerance approach to the matter, and will tell teams in a briefing ahead of the Hungarian Grand Prix that any repeat in the future will be viewed as a rules breach.

Under repeat circumstances, teams will have to prove to the FIA that there was a genuine reason for them to stop if they are to escape sanction.

This will include radio communication evidence to show that the driver was under the impression he was to make a stop.

The FIA spokesman added: “Going into the pitlane like this, for no valid reason, is not allowed but the difficulty would be proving it was a clear breach.

So how does this all work then FIA?
    Merc is in bed with the FIA, Liberty and Pirelli. It’s almost a given at every race weekend that they will dummy stop. It’s a complete joke. And that pace on the Merc-designed mediums was unreal. People should flood the FIA’s and F1’s social media demanding answers regarding the constant dummy stops.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

So how do you put downforce on the SF90 for 2020? That's the most important question, everything else is unimportant. But the base design, as a starting point, is GREAT. At least now Ferrari know the limit of the PU/engine/fuel/lubricants. Spa is THE test for that on the calendar. This year is just a huge testing session as I said before. The PU/engine? I hope they filmed the evolution of it at Maranello for a future documentary. I would really like to see it some day. I think it's the maximum they can do with it. The other areas need their attention know. At Monza now they can only get a confirmation of the PU/engine and then they have to focus on the aero. For anyone wondering about the PU/engine, it's about the first couple of meters after corners. That's where all the power comes from. It's about the initial acceleration/traction. It was the same last year and then the FiA put a finger on it, and then released it at Austin.

Team/drivers. OK, the 1-2 strategy didn't work. I don't know what Seb's problems are. I don't have that insight. But something clearly doesn't work as his tyre management is usually very good. But what Charles did this weekend is just simply AMAZING. I have no clue where he found that speed. OK, without Seb's help holding up Lewis he might have not won but that's what teams do, sometimes. Today it worked. I firmly believe Seb will pick himself up and I also firmly believe this driver pairing will be good in the end, for both of them.

Most impressive thing today, how Charles behaved and talked to the media. All he did and said on camera...I bow my head. I bow my head!

Great drive from Leclerc all weekend. A big relief to get his and the teams first win. Shame for Seb but he played the team game well. Also gained alot of points on RedBull in the WCC.

well maybe Ferrari have found the key to winning races, make Charles the main man, and Seb the wingman

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    Most impressive thing today, how Charles behaved and talked to the media. All he did and said on camera...I bow my head. I bow my head!
    x2. His character and demeanour is incredible, the way he carries himself at his age is amazing. The only one not to drink at the podium too. Class.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Tired of this crap again ferrari destroying vettels race. The sooner he leaves that Team the better.

Happy for Charles but is could be a 1-2

I also encourge everyone here to go over to the Autosport forum and read what some of the usual suspects (idiots) are saying right now. It's a riot!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    OK. I rest my case. No point of arguing with you. You know best! Have a nice life!
    Oh I do have a good life, thankfully. So that's why I don't need to use somebody's death to **** on a driver.

I also encourge everyone here to go over to the Autosport forum and read what some of the usual suspects (idiots) are saying right now. It's a riot!
    You mean fans of all different drivers and teams making having different opinions, discussing things you personally don't agree with? Shocked I tell you!

The majority I have seen, almost 99% wanted Charles to win, so not sure why you find that disagreeable.

It’s mostly “Vettel is garbage”, “Hamilton armband” discussions. I think people are generally happy with Charles’s win.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Ferrari had to win this. Leclerc did an amazing job. Monza will be another chance for us.

Very Happy for Charles..!! Usually Vettel’s tyres Management is very good, don’t know what happ, but ferrari ruined his race ofcourse for better result that is win.

Ferrari need to work on their tyre management else it will be a problem for them even if they qualify 1-2 for rest of the season.

So how do you put downforce on the SF90 for 2020? That's the most important question, everything else is unimportant. But the base design, as a starting point, is GREAT. At least now Ferrari know the limit of the PU/engine/fuel/lubricants. Spa is THE test for that on the calendar. This year is just a huge testing session as I said before. The PU/engine? I hope they filmed the evolution of it at Maranello for a future documentary. I would really like to see it some day. I think it's the maximum they can do with it. The other areas need their attention know. At Monza now they can only get a confirmation of the PU/engine and then they have to focus on the aero. For anyone wondering about the PU/engine, it's about the first couple of meters after corners. That's where all the power comes from. It's about the initial acceleration/traction. It was the same last year and then the FiA put a finger on it, and then released it at Austin.

Team/drivers. OK, the 1-2 strategy didn't work. I don't know what Seb's problems are. I don't have that insight. But something clearly doesn't work as his tyre management is usually very good. But what Charles did this weekend is just simply AMAZING. I have no clue where he found that speed. OK, without Seb's help holding up Lewis he might have not won but that's what teams do, sometimes. Today it worked. I firmly believe Seb will pick himself up and I also firmly believe this driver pairing will be good in the end, for both of them.

I think there's a lack of direction in the design department. The 2017 cars was really good aerodynamically, yes it had drag but it also had most downforce. Ferrari dominated all the high-downforce, aero-inefficient tracks that year.

But in 2018 they have gone different direction, instead of developing on their already very good 2017 car.

And now this year they have gone another direction, and by doing so they've lost all the good developments of previous years. Mercedes with their low-rake-long-wheelbase concept, used to be tyre eater. But they stick to the plan and kept developing the concept, clearly there was a lot of potential. And now we are seeing the end result, a car that's not only look after its tyres well, it's simply unmatched in low-medium speed corners.

So I don't think 2020 will be different, Mercedes will still have the dominant car like this years. I think Ferrari should forget 2020 and focus on 2021 from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Estoril View Post
    Ferrari had to win this. Leclerc did an amazing job. Monza will be another chance for us.
    Yes, Monza should be good for us. But the race after Monza is going to be nightmare, I wouldn't be surprised if Ferrari gets lapped by Mercedes at Singapore.

After calming myself down, I could tell something. Vettel did an awesome job for the team and Charles for slowing Hamilton down. That laps were crucial, is he didnt block Lewis, Leclerc wouldnt win. Hate to say Seb lost something after the middle of 2018, his pace is not the same again, he has to fix his qualy pace, because its what is costing him the most. I think, its going downhill with his pace from now on, the same happened with Kimi after reaching its prime year. Charles is Ferrari future, he delivered a great win today, no mistakes, he is awesome when he doesnt make mistakes.

Seb has more that 50 wins in his career, praise to him, his passion is still there, and no matter in hard or good days, I have been always standing by him.

Forza and please would love Seb winning it next time. In my book he has won in Canada this year 100% true. Hope he doesnt struggle with the rear traction after that slow-speed corners in Monza, thats the problem I see. Hope I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Yes, Monza should be good for us. But the race after Monza is going to be nightmare, I wouldn't be surprised if Ferrari gets lapped by Mercedes at Singapore.
    Ferrari bringing in new front suspension, aero upgrade for Singapore GP. Ofcourse may not be enough for front row contention but definitely not getting lapped

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    After calming myself down, I could tell something. Vettel did an awesome job for the team and Charles for slowing Hamilton down. That laps were crucial, is he didnt block Lewis, Leclerc wouldnt win. Hate to say Seb lost something after the middle of 2018, his pace is not the same again, he has to fix his qualy pace, because its what is costing him the most. I think, its going downhill with his pace from now on, the same happened with Kimi after reaching its prime year. Charles is Ferrari future, he delivered a great win today, no mistakes, he is awesome when he doesnt make mistakes.

Seb has more that 50 wins in his career, praise to him, his passion is still there, and no matter in hard or good days, I have been always standing by him.

Forza and please would love Seb winning it next time. In my book he has won in Canada this year 100% true. Hope he doesnt struggle with the rear traction after that slow-speed corners in Monza, thats the problem I see. Hope I am wrong.
    100% agree..!!

Vettel would have lost the position either way. If he stayed out than Mercedes would have tried the undercut. Their pace and tyre management on the medium tyre was superior. Vettel managed to keep Hamilton behind for a few laps, which was crucial for Charles' win.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post

You said some very wise things in this post! Seb really did a great job blocking Lewis..It was great to see him coming up the Kemmel straight and driving away from Lewis

And the Canadian one is Vettel in my book too Don't care about the stats in this case

Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by F2008 View Post
    Vettel would have lost the position either way. If he stayed out than Mercedes would have tried the undercut. Their pace and tyre management on the medium tyre was superior. Vettel managed to keep Hamilton behind for a few laps, which was crucial for Charles' win.
    He would have lost P2 but not P3. P2 too if merc have tried undercut & let if vettel stayed out on track for longer 1st stint. He would have battled it out against Ham for P2 with superior straight line speed & fresh tyres. But team did other side Becoz ham would have caught Lec if vettel wasn’t there.

Monza should be a great race. Obviously our drivers will want to win again, Ham will want his revenge, Max will be up for it after his disastrous race, although it seems Honda lacks power.

Grande Charles!

A repeat please for Monza!!!
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Oh I do have a good life, thankfully. So that's why I don't need to use somebody's death to **** on a driver.
    You are unbelievable... But let it be your way... BTW I didn't **** on a driver, I've just said that I don't like him! Is that a crime?

Great race from Charles and thanks to Seb for helping him get his first win, glad the race ended under a yellow as I feel HAM may have got him otherwise, shame it was GIO's car that caused it as he was having a good race. I still worry about our tyre usage for Monza, we may be quick in a straight line but the degradation and performance on the mediums compared to Merc is an issue. And maybe the new spec engine will be used once they've ruled out any problem with it after GIO's engine issue in quali. Great boost for our team, finally, and a subdued but happy ending for what has been a difficult weekend. Grazie Charles!

Great job today guys! Charles handled it like a champ (future champ perhaps) and Seb did his part for the Scuderia. Round of applause for the pit's strategy that early on saw the only alternative to win and called it at the right time. Now the bad part. The car is clearly inferior to Mercs. Somehow the SF90 feels better suited for an INDY series kind of racing where tight turning isn't a priority but flat out straights are the norm. A competent F1 car should do well in ALL race circuits.

I think there's a lack of direction in the design department. The 2017 cars was really good aerodynamically, yes it had drag but it also had most downforce. Ferrari dominated all the high-downforce, aero-inefficient tracks that year.

But in 2018 they have gone different direction, instead of developing on their already very good 2017 car.

And now this year they have gone another direction, and by doing so they've lost all the good developments of previous years. Mercedes with their low-rake-long-wheelbase concept, used to be tyre eater. But they stick to the plan and kept developing the concept, clearly there was a lot of potential. And now we are seeing the end result, a car that's not only look after its tyres well, it's simply unmatched in low-medium speed corners.

So I don't think 2020 will be different, Mercedes will still have the dominant car like this years. I think Ferrari should forget 2020 and focus on 2021 from now on.
    My opinion is this (and it may be laughed upon) that I give Maranello much more credence than some others do, because I firmly believe they are not idiots. They can't be. So what I think they did in mid 2018 when they started to develop the SF90 was to just reset everything. They knew they had this PU/engine evolution in the pipeline but they also needed to find out the boundaries of power vs aero. Now they certainly know and in any normal circumstances they will get a confirmation at Monza. Most so-called "fans" were hurling insults at Arrivabene but he had to be the one that took that decision to go down this route. If people fault him for some decisions he also must be held responsible for that call, right?. That's fair. The only question now is how to unlock that other side of a great F1 package, the aero? The mechanical aspects is what Ferrari is all about, the aero is harder for all involved. It's has always been like that and Ferrari (when competitive themselves) have never met so stiff oposition like Merc. Back in the day, a base design like the SF90 might have been enough to win everything. That's obviously not the case these last few years. That's why I believe they had to reset it all to see where the limits are. So that the PU/engine doesn't interfer with those other factors. Baby steps so to speak. Some will call that incompetence but the future is still not written. 2020 will come.
    Last edited by 512 TR; 1st September 2019 at 18:28.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I am not justifying myself! I don't like him! This is free world and I have liberty of whom to love or not!
    If you don't like him keep your hate to yourself and don't continue to spread your deslike for him. and if you want to know, No human being has the right to hate or not like another human being. Most peeple talked about Vettel the same way when he was with red bull and when he crossed over many seems to love/like him and recently when he was not winning some don't like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Yet the typical garagiste British fans* can't understand why he's universally reviled on the continent...

* The Brits that support Hammy.
    He is not a gangsta but a fine young man who has done and his doing many things none of you will ever do in your lifetime. you judge him by his appearance and its so wrong. if people can see or know the like some of you are living it could be worst.

Instead of celebration our win and condoleces for a life that was lost yesterday, some of you must bring in your hate/dislike to Hamliton. Is so sad that the forum moderator allows this here. all motor sport lover must always show comrades not hate or dislike.

I total support you, why must they always use every opportunity to talk bad about this guy. I wonder what's behind it