Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Ricciardo leaves RBR for Renault

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    i highly doubt it.....red fools have an immense amount of resources to build a strong chassis.....as we can all see even this year, they have the most efficeient downforce of the TOP 3 teams....all they're missing is a good engine....just imagine how good they would be with either a Ferrari or a Merc engine...i think they would be the team to beat

now next year they;ll have the HOnda engine...so a BIG ? mark there

Renault may be a WORKS team, but their resources in building a strong chassis are pretty limitied....and the engine is a NO match for teh competition....we'll see where they'll be next year
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I don't think that RB will be overly competitive next year. It seems to me that they are behind Renault but by only a small margin. At least they seem stable. That said, i expect RB to hold on to their status quo fighting for third. But this time Renault might be a challenger for that third spot as well which means RB wont be that comfortable in third place anymore. So, Ferrari and Merc the only teams duking out for the title till 2021 at least.
    Renault and Honda are about a year or 2 behind Ferrari and Mercedes in the hp dept when it comes to the PU. Honda (STR) is playing catch-up this year because they are swapping out engines like crazy....even though they don't have too at times.... for complete teardowns and analysis; STR and Honda don't care about grid spot penalties. My only worry is IF, and thats a big IF, Honda is close in hp to Ferrari and Mercedes and are reliable for 2019.....RedBull will take pts away from the top 2 teams given their chassis and aero is one of the best in the field. (and I'm not sayin Max will crash into anyone meaning pts being taken away ).

Still waiting to hear who's gonna be Max's team-mate? Sainz, Gasly???....definitely not Hartley as this might be his last yr in F1; he'll rejoin WEC.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Renault and Honda are about a year or 2 behind Ferrari and Mercedes in the hp dept when it comes to the PU. Honda (STR) is playing catch-up this year because they are swapping out engines like crazy....even though they don't have too at times.... for complete teardowns and analysis; STR and Honda don't care about grid spot penalties. My only worry is IF, and thats a big IF, Honda is close in hp to Ferrari and Mercedes and are reliable for 2019.....RedBull will take pts away from the top 2 teams given their chassis and aero is one of the best in the field. (and I'm not sayin Max will crash into anyone meaning pts being taken away ).

Still waiting to hear who's gonna be Max's team-mate? Sainz, Gasly???....definitely not Hartley as this might be his last yr in F1; he'll rejoin WEC.
    I think Renault never had massive budgets. Even when they won their titles they had an average budget. It looks to me like they are investing mostly in PU development and are a bit cheap on chassis and aero. So if they continue with this trend, the only way i can see them winning titles is if they have someone with a criminal psyche at the helm like Briatore

As for RB's second driver, i used to think that they might give Sainz a chance knowing he never got a RB chance. But now i read a lot about Sainz being linked to McLaren so they might opt for Gasly. Gasly is not bad, they might give him a chance as a second fiddle to Max and see how that goes. They know they won't be fighting for a title anyway, at least not till 2021. Their goal is being top 3.

I think Renault never had massive budgets. Even when they won their titles they had an average budget. It looks to me like they are investing mostly in PU development and are a bit cheap on chassis and aero. So if they continue with this trend, the only way i can see them winning titles is if they have someone with a criminal psyche at the helm like Briatore
    Renault have the former FIA tech director Budkowski whom everything passed unto him whether it's aero or in the PU dept.....he saw "top-secret" stuff. While not a big role in the 2018 car, it might be different in the 2019 car. He was going to take a 3 month gardening leave but team bosses from Mercedes, Ferrari and RedBull shouted foul and extended Budkowski's leave to 6 months. He might play a major role in the development of the 2019 car which I'm sure is being built right now; of course not during the summer break.

Renault have the former FIA tech director Budkowski whom everything passed unto him whether it's aero or in the PU dept.....he saw "top-secret" stuff. While not a big role in the 2018 car, it might be different in the 2019 car. He was going to take a 3 month gardening leave but team bosses from Mercedes, Ferrari and RedBull shouted foul and extended Budkowski's leave to 6 months. He might play a major role in the development of the 2019 car which I'm sure is being built right now; of course not during the summer break.
    Oh yeah, i forgot about that Budkowski guy. Yeah that guy might leak a lot of important stuff to them that will help with development. Well, you see, they never fly with big budgets. They are always trying to win by other means that won't make them bring a massive budget. That's their philosophy. That's why they only have 2 titles even though they have a huge history.

I really don't get why Ferrari didn't sign him. I don't think he is the kind of driver that will cause trouble because his past with Vettel, if he is beaten he will accept it and move on. Another year with Kimi I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post
    I really don't get why Ferrari didn't sign him. I don't think he is the kind of driver that will cause trouble because his past with Vettel, if he is beaten he will accept it and move on. Another year with Kimi I guess.
    We can't afford 2 drivers fighting each other. We need a perfect number 2 like Bottas.

We can't afford 2 drivers fighting each other. We need a perfect number 2 like Bottas.
    ^this....could NOT agree more....that's where Kimi comes in....perfect #2 driver....'nough said
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I don't think Ferrari pre-determine who is #1 and #2.
    Both drivers have equal chance at the WDC. Up to a point where one is ahead, then Ferrari would push that driver, which is a normal thing to do.

Best example was 2007 and 2008.

Kimi had full support when he was the driver in the running for WDC, and had team order support.
    And the next year, Massa was that driver, and he had team order support too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Both drivers have equal chance at the WDC. Up to a point where one is ahead, then Ferrari would push that driver, which is a normal thing to do.

Kimi had full support when he was the driver in the running for WDC, and had team order support.
    I think it was pre-determined for Kimi to be the #1 driver in 2008, but that was changed when Kimi failed miserably due to some uncommon issues in a driver of his caliber. The team had no other choice but to switch their full support to Massa.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    ^this....could NOT agree more....that's where Kimi comes in....perfect #2 driver....'nough said
    Kimi ...perfect #2 driver! OK. Now we need a perfect #1 driver ! Pole, or come from behind and win. When one of our drivers leaves town, we need IMO the likes of Max. He's now just 20 yrs old. @ 17 yrs. old he was the youngest to have many F1 first time youngest accomplishments. Dan now @ 29 had a few good times also. In 9 more F1 years Max will be way up there IMO with wins, poles , even a WDC with some of say Lewis' luck! Ferrari needs a young #1 driver who only thinks win. And if it truly is "The Car" that makes the winner , imagine Max in a real car like Seb's Ferrari , and hopefully not ever Lewis' car.
    Last edited by Brembo; 5th August 2018 at 06:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Kimi ...perfect #2 driver! OK. Now we need a perfect #1 driver ! Pole, or come from behind and win. When one of our drivers leaves town, we need IMO the likes of Max. He's now just 20 yrs old. @ 17 yrs. old he was the youngest to have many F1 first time youngest accomplishments. Dan now @ 29 had a few good times also. In 9 more F1 years Max will be way up there IMO with wins, poles , even a WDC with some of say Lewis' luck! Ferrari needs a young #1 driver who only thinks win. And if it truly is "The Car" that makes the winner , imagine Max in a real car like Seb's Ferrari , and hopefully not ever Lewis' car.
    My God with your fixation with Max. He has yet a lot to do in order to be in the same league with the big boys.
    One that comes to mind is to stop crashing for most of the year.

When - if - he does that, and grows out of the "I am God" attitude, maybe we can talk bout Max.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post

That's true but things are different at Mercedes. Since race 1, Bottas is relegated to #2 driver role, he is always ordered to move over for his teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    That's true but things are different at Mercedes. Since race 1, Bottas is relegated to #2 driver role, he is always ordered to move over for his teammate.
    I'm pretty sure Kimi is relegated a #2 driver role as well. That's how you play in F1, there's no other way when the competition is tough. Prost vs Senna was in a time where McLaren was the only team fighting for the title.

Max Max Max blah blah blah. You still got massive chip on your shoulder about Rubens and Felipe being "mistreated" for playing the support role when needed. End of the day Schuey was miles better than Rubens, so team backed Schuey, as he was seen as best hopes for WDC WCC, get over it. Felipe, was just unlucky to be on the political walloping from Alonso.

We dont need Max, never will. We have super "#1" driver and #2 driver. If you still find it hard that in a team sport, that there will be times when the fastest, and the driver in better shot at WDC is given preferable treatment. You should really give up watching F1, or any team sports.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    he has been in that role since signing for the team. Toto is so "Lewis is god" Look at last year, they gave Bottas few good races before he resigned, with a win and pole i think. He resigned.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Max Max Max blah blah blah. You still got massive chip on your shoulder about Rubens and Felipe being "mistreated" for playing the support role when needed. End of the day Schuey was miles better than Rubens, so team backed Schuey, as he was seen as best hopes for WDC WCC, get over it. Felipe, was just unlucky to be on the political walloping from Alonso.

We dont need Max, never will. We have super "#1" driver and #2 driver. If you still find it hard that in a team sport, that there will be times when the fastest, and the driver in better shot at WDC is given preferable treatment. You should really give up watching F1, or any team sports.
    I agree with most everything you say! Rubens was mistreated for sure. You are right! Next.. Team backed Schuey a good example of you being on the money was Austria 2002. We do have a super #2 driver as you say, but a super #1 driver should be in 1st place big time to earn "Super" status. Our last super #1 driver was Alonso who on the track gave a walloping to Schumy not once but twice ! Max @20 yrs.old is the F1 future WDC replacing Lewis. Get over it! Ferrari needs a real winning driver. If only we had Seb! Oh we do have him. Besides a great car he needs luck and 2 seconds up front with Kimi's help to maybe finish the race on the podium, where it seems Kimi is hanging out regularly. Ferrari WCC is what counts WDC is just an extra added attraction. Ex. When Schumy left Ferrari to be at home with Merc, did you also go with him ? Or were you still with Ferrari fans? Give Max the fastest car , team orders in his favor, and luck, @20 yrs. old!!! Unbeatable! Schumy Jr. belongs @ Merc , home away from home!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post

I agree with most everything you say! Rubens was mistreated for sure. You are right! Next.. Team backed Schuey a good example of you being on the money was Austria 2002. We do have a super #2 driver as you say, but a super #1 driver should be in 1st place big time to earn "Super" status. Our last super #1 driver was Alonso who on the track gave a walloping to Schumy not once but twice ! Max @20 yrs.old is the F1 future WDC replacing Lewis. Get over it! Ferrari needs a real winning driver. If only we had Seb! Oh we do have him. Besides a great car he needs luck and 2 seconds up front with Kimi's help to maybe finish the race on the podium, where it seems Kimi is hanging out regularly. Ferrari WCC is what counts WDC is just an extra added attraction. Ex. When Schumy left Ferrari to be at home with Merc, did you also go with him ? Or were you still with Ferrari fans? Give Max the fastest car , team orders in his favor, and luck, @20 yrs. old!!! Unbeatable! Schumy Jr. belongs @ Merc , home away from home!

With normal car itself he’s (max) crashing into the wall..!! If we give fastest car to him, then it’s like costly season for ferrari. Need to bring more FW & floors into the race weekend.

Even DR was fastest during his prime, when max came DR became vulnerable but still one of the best in overtaking.

You seem always backing on one side, Mad max.

Again, when Max actually justifies what you say about him, right now he does not, maybe we can discuss what you say.
    Right now he's unstable.
    As for Alonso, 2005 he had a much better package, 2006 Michael at his last year almost beat him and was purely unlucky.

Of course, you are so sore that you just see things differently. Michael beat all the Brazilians drivers, grew up to be a greater idol than Senna and is regarded to be the greatest driver in F1.
    And you just cannot handle it.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Again, when Max actually justifies what you say about him, right now he does not, maybe we can discuss what you say.
    Right now he's unstable.
    As for Alonso, 2005 he had a much better package, 2006 Michael at his last year almost beat him and was purely unlucky.

Of course, you are so sore that you just see things differently. Michael beat all the Brazilians drivers, grew up to be a greater idol than Senna and is regarded to be the greatest driver in F1.

No one can match MS..!!

I seriously think bottas needs to re-think his position at mercedes. He is competitive enough to take the fight to lewis, so he has to ask himself, if he is in f1 for lewis or for himself. It is a real shame for him. We all know the teams has a #1 driver or #2 driver in the team, but i feel that should not be premeditated before the season starts. I really feel at a certain time of the season pending on the drivers points position relative to his team mates, should he only then get preference over the other driver. As for our drivers, i think kimi is doing extremely well considering his age. The grid is young and ruthless, especially at starts. His points position is also not too bad, but yes we also can not shy away from the fact that we do need a younger driver now and that is entirely up to the team. Seb can win this WDC he just needs to keep calm and stay focused, the car is good enough. I wish our team, drivers, technical staff and fans all the best for the remainder of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by superwonderboy View Post
    I seriously think bottas needs to re-think his position at mercedes. He is competitive enough to take the fight to lewis, so he has to ask himself, if he is in f1 for lewis or for himself. It is a real shame for him. We all know the teams has a #1 driver or #2 driver in the team, but i feel that should not be premeditated before the season starts. I really feel at a certain time of the season pending on the drivers points position relative to his team mates, should he only then get preference over the other driver. As for our drivers, i think kimi is doing extremely well considering his age. The grid is young and ruthless, especially at starts. His points position is also not too bad, but yes we also can not shy away from the fact that we do need a younger driver now and that is entirely up to the team. Seb can win this WDC he just needs to keep calm and stay focused, the car is good enough. I wish our team, drivers, technical staff and fans all the best for the remainder of the season.
    Bottas has had a weak season

look where he would have been if he didn't move to merc

I think the fact that bottas could be replaced by anyone willing to collect a paycheck and be hamilton's doormat leaves him with little choice, A lot of the races that ferrari ended up messing up was thanks to bottas sacrificing himsef in better positions than hamilton or being awake on raceday and leaving no breather for seb or pitwall, he has given seb more on track headaches than hamilton this year. if only kimi could'v start well and put himself in positions to prevent hamilton easy wins the way bottas has done to vettel, oh well lets hope the pipeline that vettel has talked about is way better than last years for development. I kind of wish hulkenberg is a match for Ricci as he is always overlooked on the grid
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Right now he's unstable.

Alonso had a better car , next year bad luck! That sounds like the top hit song Lewis' Success! Ross and the Midget Todt beat the Brasilians for Shumy. Oh! But they got paid!! Shumy fans have him as the greatest former Merc driver ever to retire F1. Most F1 fans in general have Senna as the best ever, he died driving to win F1 !! Even Lewis realizes Senna was the best! He actually drives F1 so he knows who was the best. He may well be the next Senna!! Barring any tragedy. Shumy pushing Rubens into a wall to kill him, not to win a race! No apology! "Der Zeig!" Shumy parking on the track to mess Alonso's chances in qually ! Truly non Brasilian driving at it's worst. IMO Max is the next greatest F1 driver. Give him a great driving package and good luck. He already has the driving skills and he's 20yrs. old! BTW he's not even Brasilian!!

Most F1 fans idolized Senna because ... HE DIED.
    But truth being told , Prost proved that Senna was nothing really special when he was at the same car, because if we have to compare a driver to another driver in the same car, then we can see that Prost matched Senna.
    Of course , there are those that call Prost FiProst, but noone really give a damn.
    And judging by the way you just answered, you just prove me right :)

Senna had a really , really great car ,and cudos for him , he got world titles on it, but the fact of the matter is, it's Michael who is regarded the greatest driver of all times.
    Max the Crash is the greatest driver ? LOL ok , now we all know you're drunk :D

Has anyone mentioned the possibility of Alonso joining Red Bull in case it hasn't been suggested. Not sure of his contract for next year, but I would expect bad fireworks with Max if he were to join, just as there was with Lewis in 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by From Treviso View Post
    Has anyone mentioned the possibility of Alonso joining Red Bull in case it hasn't been suggested. Not sure of his contract for next year, but I would expect bad fireworks with Max if he were to join, just as there was with Lewis in 2007.
    I thought of it at 1st but then I remembered how many times Alonso bad mouthed Honda's PU. I wouldn't imagine Honda wanting Alonso driving a car powered by their engines anymore. I have a gut feeling Alonso will be gone from F1 pretty soon as there aren't many teams willing to pay his fat salary.

As much as I never imagined saying this I would like to see Alonso instead of Kimi should he retire one day. It would be the perfect Mercedes counter with 2 drivers giving it their all.

Quote Originally Posted by From Treviso View Post
    I would'nt put it past Alonso if he talked to the new CEO of Ferrari....after Marchionne's passing. Rumours are Sainz (now he has history with Max) going to Redbull along with Gasly as well.

Incidently, since Max now is aware that he is #1 at RedBull going forward, I hope it does'nt go to his head even more so. Let's hope he performs like he has the last two previous races before Hungary.

I would'nt put it past Alonso if he talked to the new CEO of Ferrari....after Marchionne's passing. Rumours are Sainz (now he has history with Max) going to Redbull along with Gasly as well.

Incidently, since Max now is aware that he is #1 at RedBull going forward, I hope it does'nt go to his head even more so. Let's hope he performs like he has the last two previous races before Hungary.
    Some people thrive when responsibility is put on their shoulders, however some crumble down. Let's see what Max is made up of, he is a future world champion, it will be good learning for him