Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Chinese GP Free Practice Sessions and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Top Speed

Attachment 7408

Best sectors

Attachment 7409
    So it looks like Merc has made the adjustment w/ their setup to chase down Ferrari. Bottas has taken wing out of his car to go for higher top straight line speeds which is where Ferrari is kicking their tails at the moment. This is great as Merc is now being forced to react to the Ferrari.

Bottas will be easier on his tires tmrw than Hamilton I think.

Hey guys, we have a blown rear wing, just like Renault. Ours is not very noticeable, as Renault team has the edge turned up, but ours is a light gradual 5 degrees.
    Its amazing. I just saw from the photos, its not straight, there is a light angle. Yeahoo!!
    FORZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA FEEERRRRRRAAAAAAAARIIIIIIIIIIII!!!

On another note, Hamilton should not complain, just work hard, and make the team. Oh wait, he doesnt work hard, he wants everyone to just give him a good car.
    He knows how to sing, put records out, go out with movie stars, while Seb just keep working, like Shumi, go to the tyre factory, see and understand the tyres.

Last edited by Rob; 14th April 2018 at 13:43.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Let me make sure I get the logic here...

Car that wins pole and wins race from the front, start to finish, is NOT the fastest car in a GP.

Seb had the fastest car on track last weekend in Bahrain...just like Hamilton had the fastest car at Spa last year.

F1 ChineseGP Qualifying Best Sectors:
    - Kimi could've beaten Vettel who nailed it in the last lap
    - Grosjean by 0.32s slower in Q3 than in Q2

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DavaVb8WAAARp8O.jpg

max speeds per sector and speed trap

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DavwUyQX0AELx4A.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Q: (Christian Menath) - Question for the two Ferrari drivers. It’s always a balance between race pace and qualifying pace. Now, as you’ve seen the gap to the Mercedes, do you feel you’ve sacrificed race pace a bit too much for qualifying pace?

KR: I honestly don’t know how you could sacrifice something today to be better tomorrow. We have nothing that you could change like that. I never… as long as I remember, there has never been a case like that. You have somehow different setups for two days. It’s what you have. If it’s fast in qualifying it’s fast in the race, if it works.
    What an annoying question! Has anybody ever asked Hamilton, Rosberg, or Bottas this over the past four seasons? All of a sudden Ferrari is the FASTEST and there has to be some sort of reason why Vettel and Raikkonen are outqualifying Hamilton???

We've got ourselves another championship run, guys!!! Pole Position!!! Babababababum!!! Grazie Ragazzi!!! Grande Macchina!!!

Disappointed Since 2010

Hamilton calls Ferrari's consistently strong #F1 form "very strange" and admits he was "shocked" by how his Mercedes handled on #ChineseGP qualifying day per Autosport.
    What a tool

2017 vs 2018

Qualifying - Development of Max. speeds over the year:
    - McLaren makes biggest step on speed trap (+9.7kph) after switch to Renault power, followed by Ferrari (+5.8kph)
    - Williams 6.3kph slower than last year

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DawDWxZXkAAHBOn.jpg

2017 vs 2018

- HAAS gained 1.527s, Mclaren1.268s (1.15s in S3 with longest straight)
    - Mercedes only 1 tenth faster
    - Toro Rosso slightly slower with Honda engine, Williams over 0.5s

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dav_9wDXkAA5aic.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    If we're able to convert this fantastic pole into a race win tomorrow surely Sky will start to talk about rule changes to end Ferrari's domination
    Don't laugh, if Ferrari wins 3 straight heads will turn. Mercedes/Sky will definitely call for investigations on Ferrari's car or request immediate rule changes. After all, Rapper boy needs to have pole and win every race right? Lol
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

I'd say this result is pretty good for a car with basic suspension and pretty simple and underdeveloped barge board areas.
    And I see the James Allen effect is starting over at Merc with their million man hours W09.
    Glad we gave Merc a few of our cast-aways.
    Seems our aero and engines have improved.

I’m impressed by how Ferrari creating Such a package from past couple of years. That too without big heads in those engine & chassis dept. Ferrari technicians are maintaining very low profile coming into the season & showing their performance on track. If u compare other big teams, RB has newey .. Merc has JA,paddy Lowe, Andy cowel, costa

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I’m impressed by how Ferrari creating Such a package from past couple of years. That too without big heads in those engine & chassis dept. Ferrari technicians are maintaining very low profile coming into the season & showing their performance on track. If u compare other big teams, RB has newey .. Merc has JA,paddy Lowe, Andy cowel, costa
    Paddy is with WilliaMS

I think Ferrari has created a party mode that is better than Mercedes'... they then tone the engine down for the race and are not as fast.... but if they can qualify in front of Mercedes and stay ahead of them at the start, that causes the Mercedes to have a drop off in performance from their tyres and then they have to worry about overheating their engines... I think that was the strategy from Ferrari this year... I hope they can improve race pace so that we can see Ferrari pulling away from the Mercedes and staying ahead going forward....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Paddy is with WilliaMS
    2014-16

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    2014-16
    Yes. Now he is with Williams. Your post was in the present. Merc had Paddy. Now they don't.

I'd say this result is pretty good for a car with basic suspension and pretty simple and underdeveloped barge board areas.
    And I see the James Allen effect is starting over at Merc with their million man hours W09.
    Glad we gave Merc a few of our cast-aways.
    Seems our aero and engines have improved.
    JA Effect I lolled .

BTW we are smokin' Mercedes haha ( literally with our engines )
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Yes. Now he is with Williams. Your post was in the present. Merc had Paddy. Now they don't.
    It includes 2015 to current year car.

I like the fact that Ferrari has been able to produce such great cars the last 2 years and prove so many people wrong. All the experts were expecting Ferrari to be in decline once JA, De Beer and Di Resta left.
    The team was too Italian, there was too many changes, Ferrari have shot themselves in the foot. I think there was even a story about Vettel wanting to leave at one point.
    Congrats to Marchionne and Arrivabene to prove them wrong.

Hey Fonzo how's life a McLaren aka the best and fastest team in the world- wait and see when we get rid of the Honda engines- He .
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

current component allocation allotment as of 04-14-18

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DawJuOkWkAAb-qp.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Hey Fonzo how's life a McLaren aka the best and fastest team in the world- wait and see when we get rid of the Honda engines- He .
    Alonso said we would be fighting for second, he seems to say a lot such as McLaren need to target Red Bull and how they been the perfect team this season (Then they have a unsafe release)

https://www.racefans.net/2018/04/07/...ound-up-07-04/

Still waiting for McLaren to unleash F1's best chassis.

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Alonso said we would be fighting for second, he seems to say a lot such as McLaren need to target Red Bull and how they been the perfect team this season (Then they have a unsafe release)

Alonso says Mclaren will challenge RedBull and then a week later says exceptions on Mclaren were to high

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/a...tm_content=www

I understand why he is bitter spends 5 years at Ferrari always with slower cars than Redbull dragging them up the field then as soon as he leaves 2 years later Ferrari build a car with championship winning potential and that driver who beat him to 4 titles is benefiting

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post

Mclaren is NOT going to target RedBull. RedBull, or in this case Renault, are going to incur grid spot penalties in the not too distant future....alot faster than Mclaren. Funny how when Danny Rich's engine (turbo) blew in Q3, Redbull had to use spare parts to complete a new Renault engine for quali. Something I feel is going on with Renault and Redbull BTS (behind-the-scenes) and Renault is not playing nice; probably has to do with a couple of criteria: 1) the switch to Honda in 2019 (May 2018 confirmation) 2) possible "sabotaging" RedBull so Renault can move up in the constructors pts for 2018.

Sad to say in this 2018 component allocation allotment with RedBull....but they look from the onset not to be a contender with Ferrari.....and Mclaren could leap frog them with grid spot penalties...even though Mclaren currently has 22pts to Redbulls 20pts in the constructors....Renault has 15pts. I just wish it was about racing instead of this 3 and 2 allocation debacle.

That's what I said. Smart on Renault part. You don't think red bull wouldn't have done the same.

but is it just me or do these engine failures seem to affect Daniel more often than Max?
    either way it doesn't do much good to Renault's image..

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    but is it just me or do these engine failures seem to affect Daniel more often than Max?
    either way it doesn't do much good to Renault's image..
    That’s why I think it’s only conspiracy theories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

So basicly, for the stints, it's going to be either S-US-US (or S-S and a very short last stint on US) or S-M. That's because the team didn't need to set their fastest times in Q2 on US tyres. In a normal race with the maximum of one safety car period that is. Well, that's good to have that many options but sometimes too many options can get confusing. Looks like the temp. may be our best friend on race day. If it's as cool as today they Merc might never get their tyres working no matter what compound their on. Then maybe a strategy mistake (slower strategy) can be forgiving. Anyway, I can't be the only feeling that it has been too easy up until this point.

FerrariSteve Guest
    Won't be around for the race but Forza Ferrari!!

Go Kimi, Go Seb!

Screenshot_20180414-180214.jpg

For those wondering why Mercedes was so fast during their second run in Q2. They were in STRAT 2 aka party mode they usually only use in Q3.