Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fernando Alonso to retire from Formula 1 at end of 2018 season

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    You know what the real joke is? The whole ‘toxic’ thing created by some numpties
    Fact is that the toxicity is brought out by team people, not fans.
    Fact is that guys like Horner and of course in other teams just do not want to hire Alonso.

Alonso has only himself to blame.
    And that's no joke.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Felipe Massa has opened up about his former Ferrari teammate Fernando Alonso, saying that the Spaniard divides the teams he drives for.
    https://www.gptoday.com/details/view..._the_teamquot/

----------------------------------------
    Anyways, does it really matter.
    He is/was a great driver.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Fact is that the toxicity is brought out by team people, not fans.
    Fact is that guys like Horner and of course in other teams just do not want to hire Alonso.

Alonso has only himself to blame.
    And that's no joke.
    Yes team people, they are Smedley, Montezemolo, Stella, Massa etc.

Other team wants lapdogs like two finns who are shown lollipop of equal treatment but end up as wing men, that’s what Horner wants, not Alonso. And Horner is a numpty. Give up on this toxic thing, it doesn’t exist, just a smoke screen. Trust people who have worked with him

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Felipe Massa has opened up about his former Ferrari teammate Fernando Alonso, saying that the Spaniard divides the teams he drives for.
    https://www.gptoday.com/details/view..._the_teamquot/

----------------------------------------
    Anyways, does it really matter.
    He is/was a great driver.
    When visor is down, who isn’t ruthless. Schumacher was Master in this and personally I don’t mind it one bit. That’s common denominator between all legends like MS, Alonso, Hamilton & Vettel

Well, he did say something like: Michael was different.

But like I said, who really cares, it is over now.

When visor is down, who isn’t ruthless. Schumacher was Master in this and personally I don’t mind it one bit. That’s common denominator between all legends like MS, Alonso, Hamilton & Vettel
    According to Massa, Michael was different to Alonso when the visor was down.
    Also , you do fail to understand that it's the teams that did not want Alonso.
    And there's a reason for that.
    At the end of the day, it's the driver WORKING for the team. Their employee.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Yes team people, they are Smedley, Montezemolo, Stella, Massa etc.

Other team wants lapdogs like two finns who are shown lollipop of equal treatment but end up as wing men, that’s what Horner wants, not Alonso. And Horner is a numpty. Give up on this toxic thing, it doesn’t exist, just a smoke screen. Trust people who have worked with him
    Hamilton had better teammates than both Alonso and Vettel so Alonso should really shut his horse mouth and so should his fans who keep on moaning about lapdogs etc. Alonso always demanded No1 status, in fact Alonso was lucky to equal with 109 points to Hamilton in 2007 despite McLaren did everything the could to handicap Hamilton by fueling Hamilton heavier than Alonso for example and don't forget how McLaren gifted Alonso the Monaco race win while Hamilton was faster the whole weekend. So Alonso would never beat Hamilton in Mercedes, never. Maybe Vettel at Ferrari tho.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Has ferrari said anything about Alonso leaving?

I Can't find the message. Maybe they straight up don't care or both still hold a grudge.

You can bet kimi will get a great big goodbye from ferrari in 2 years time (if rumors are true)
    Why should Ferrari care about that trouble maker ?

Fernando Alonso to retire from Formula 1 at end of 2018 season

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    According to Massa, Michael was different to Alonso when the visor was down.
    Also , you do fail to understand that it's the teams that did not want Alonso.
    And there's a reason for that.
    At the end of the day, it's the driver WORKING for the team. Their employee.
    You fail to understand why teams wouldn’t want him if they have a top driver already in place, you don’t get it do you?

What’s the need of having a girlfriend when you already have a beautiful wife was Toto’s remark when Rosberg quit. Horner wanted Alonso in 2008 after whatever happened in 2007, where was his logic then?

To add to that, did Ferrari ever say their employee Alonso is team divider or is it Horner you trust more?

You fail to understand why teams wouldn’t want him if they have a top driver already in place, you don’t get it do you?

What’s the need of having a girlfriend when you already have a beautiful wife was Toto’s remark when Rosberg quit. Horner wanted Alonso in 2008 after whatever happened in 2007, where was his logic then?

To add to that, did Ferrari ever say their employee Alonso is team divider or is it Horner you trust more?
    Exactly.

Ferrari has put its faith in Vettel, Mercedes have their golden boy in Hamilton, and Red Bull has promoted from within and are banking on Verstappen being their next Vettel. I guarantee that if Vettel and Hamilton called it quits today, the bosses of Ferrari and Mercedes would be racing to sign Alonso.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by The Reizo View Post
    Hamilton had better teammates than both Alonso and Vettel so Alonso should really shut his horse mouth and so should his fans who keep on moaning about lapdogs etc. Alonso always demanded No1 status, in fact Alonso was lucky to equal with 109 points to Hamilton in 2007 despite McLaren did everything the could to handicap Hamilton by fueling Hamilton heavier than Alonso for example and don't forget how McLaren gifted Alonso the Monaco race win while Hamilton was faster the whole weekend. So Alonso would never beat Hamilton in Mercedes, never. Maybe Vettel at Ferrari tho.
    LOL. You actually thought McLaren was conspiring against Lewis?
    You must be watching a different F1 from the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    LOL. You actually thought McLaren was conspiring against Lewis?
    You must be watching a different F1 from the rest of us.
    There is some truth to his statement. Alonso joined Mclaren in 2007 with No.1 status which he had until Monaco GP. After that race Ron Dennis changed his mind and decided to offer equal status to both drivers, which angered Alonso.

Did alonso and toyota get stripped of their win or was just the team that get DQ'd? in WEC

Dang lol unpredictable and kinda stupid to have an illegal car when its so much faster than the rest as is
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Did alonso and toyota get stripped of their win or was just the team that get DQ'd? in WEC

Dang lol unpredictable and kinda stupid to have an illegal car when its so much faster than the rest as is

front skid block deflection failed post race technical inspections. We were standing at the pen watching it. We were with Vale, Seb and Luca (Luca Volte taken Luca Masse job as #51 race engineer)with the #51 car.

I will post pictures from my Friday and Sunday in WEC thread soon, got loads. We had AF Corse hospitality.

Also, again, me and brother inlaw stood outside Toyota garage before race start as Fernando wasnt on grid. So we walked down the pitlane, stood outside thinking could get very quick picture with him. He ran out, headphones on, didnt even look up. Dont care about being in "the zone" Jenson stopped for pictures, Ant Davidson, well ALL driver did, do stop for the fans for pictures.

Alot of respect for Fernando has gone.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    front skid block deflection failed post race technical inspections. We were standing at the pen watching it. We were with Vale, Seb and Luca (Luca Volte taken Luca Masse job as #51 race engineer)with the #51 car.

I will post pictures from my Friday and Sunday in WEC thread soon, got loads. We had AF Corse hospitality.

Also, again, me and brother inlaw stood outside Toyota garage before race start as Fernando wasnt on grid. So we walked down the pitlane, stood outside thinking could get very quick picture with him. He ran out, headphones on, didnt even look up. Dont care about being in "the zone" Jenson stopped for pictures, Ant Davidson, well ALL driver did, do stop for the fans for pictures.

Alot of respect for Fernando has gone.
    Wow that sucks, i know people will say to respect them and leave them alone etc but yeah if all the other drivers are giving fans the time and a smile its not that hard to give a little from Alonso who has such a big fan club, if you are a big fan than it must really suck, maybe you caught him at a bad time or he was stressed or something, AF C hospitality sounds cool
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Wow that sucks, i know people will say to respect them and leave them alone etc but yeah if all the other drivers are giving fans the time and a smile its not that hard to give a little from Alonso who has such a big fan club, if you are a big fan than it must really suck, maybe you caught him at a bad time or he was stressed or something, AF C hospitality sounds cool
    no he wasnt stressed or something at all. Just being typical F1 driver. Hope he looses that for next year, as WEC doent need that, or the fanboys. It was busy, and the whole place had a different feel to it, due to the f1 fanboys and girls.

Maybe Alonso feels if it's ok for the "Legend Midget Todt" to blatantly just not shake his hand in front of press, fans, drivers, and whoever else was watching, he also wanted to make a legendary move and see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    no he wasnt stressed or something at all. Just being typical F1 driver. Hope he looses that for next year, as WEC doent need that, or the fanboys. It was busy, and the whole place had a different feel to it, due to the f1 fanboys and girls.
    Have you ever met him before or any of the current drivers at any previous occasion would like to know if they responded better or shy'd away as well?

Are the WEC guys a lot more open than F1 guys? lol i dont know the WEC drivers tbh

Have you ever met him before or any of the current drivers at any previous occasion would like to know if they responded better or shy'd away as well?

Are the WEC guys a lot more open than F1 guys? lol i dont know the WEC drivers tbh
    shy away? they not kids.

Reading alot of comments on WEC forum on FB alot of people saying the same thing.

All WEC driversopen and friendly, even Pastor stopped and chatted with.

Alonso claiming RBR have offered Ricciardo's seat but he refused it. It presumably happened right after Ricciardo was announced at Renault.

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

I'm with Red Bull with this one. Alonso is a known liar. 2007 almost WDC with stolen data from Ferrari and 2008 crashgate never forget. Alonso always knew.

There is also the case of Honda. There is series of humiliating GP2 engine comments by Alonso.

ha, ha.....so Fred talking rubbsh as usual....he's making stuff up as NO top team would want him as he creates friction everywhere he goes....he's just bitter he's never had the chance to claim that THIRD WDC
    Last edited by Rob; 24th August 2018 at 08:35.
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

How shameful of a F1 driver wanting a 3rd title! That's the problem not only with Alonso but so many other F1 drivers wanting to be WDC once , twice three times; and on and on plus wanting to get paid! Fans should have the highest respect for the drivers stamped #2 and still ok driving F1 knowing the points count for WCC. True team players.

I guess we can now see what kind of a person Horner is

I guess we can now see what kind of a person Horner is
    I think we got to know what kind of man alonso is, because this year when he was asked about his future in F1 he said that 3 top teams (Ferrari, red bull and Mercedes) had seats open, and that he would consider staying if he got a competitive car, and now he expects us to believe that he had an offer from red bull and didn’t take it?! That’s absurd, as it is absurd claiming he had offers in 2011 and 2013, both helmut marko and Horner already said that the only offer he had from red bull was in 2007

Quote Originally Posted by T99 View Post
    I think we got to know what kind of man alonso is, because this year when he was asked about his future in F1 he said that 3 top teams (Ferrari, red bull and Mercedes) had seats open, and that he would consider staying if he got a competitive car, and now he expects us to believe that he had an offer from red bull and didn’t take it?! That’s absurd, as it is absurd claiming he had offers in 2011 and 2013, both helmut marko and Horner already said that the only offer he had from red bull was in 2007
    http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/124...ed-bull-offers

Quote Originally Posted by T99 View Post
    If their current established driver can leave them and take a sideway step to Renault, what makes you think Alonso would want to join them, especially when he has seen Honda’s progress first hand. You are free to believe whoever you want, but I can never trust Horner even if he is last man alive