Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Brazilian Interlagos GP - Race

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    so do you guys think RBR are completely out of the picture for Abu Dhabi?
    I really can't quite understand Red Bull. They were very good on a power track like Mexico but here in Brazil which is a more heavy downforce track they are nowhere in sight. I thought downforce was their advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I really can't quite understand Red Bull. They were very good on a power track like Mexico but here in Brazil which is a more heavy downforce track they are nowhere in sight. I thought downforce was their advantage.
    Renault made them turn down the turbos I think?
    Forza Ferrari

It's sad affairs when the team makes an 1-3 and people keep talking about what ifs, and even accuse our driver(s).

Really sad and show things that need fixing.

The team performed flawlessly, the guys did their absolute best and I for one am happy with the result.
    Apart from that , no, Massa did not win at 2008, no matter how much I'd love him to win, after all he was driving for Ferrari, and wanting to think he did is a step before being delusional (sorry Rob!)

Like it or not, Kimi is our last driver with a WDC , there are those that don't like him but he's a part of the team until he's not.
    Today he did nothing to deserve all the negativity in this thread.

Sad.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    definitely an engine issue I believe so I wonder if they'll be able to rectify it before the last race.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    It's sad affairs when the team makes an 1-3 and people keep talking about what ifs, and even accuse our driver(s).

Really sad and show things that need fixing.

The team performed flawlessly, the guys did their absolute best and I for one am happy with the result.
    Apart from that , no, Massa did not win at 2008, no matter how much I'd love him to win, after all he was driving for Ferrari, and wanting to think he did is a step before being delusional (sorry Rob!)

Like it or not, Kimi is our last driver with a WDC , there are those that don't like him but he's a part of the team until he's not.
    Today he did nothing to deserve all the negativity in this thread.

Sad.
    To me Massa didnt win 2008, and won it for 10 seconds, but to many he was the "true" 2008 WDC.

I said on earlier post Kimi drove well today, but has been a very lacklustre year from him.

All in all, today been great result and team effort.

So, this deserves a cold Peroni saluti
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Massa did win it, and to many he IS the 2008 WDC.

Im not going to get drawn onto this Kimi argument anymore. We won. Team great work all weekend. Kimi done what he needed to do today.

But, before i stop with this, Kimi isnt the driver he was, i dont like to blame anyone for loosing points. We win and loose as a team, but if he was more solid all year, WCC could of been alot closer and we could of stood a chance. But lets face it, Kimi to each race weekend, is like a box of chocolates, dont know what we going to get. We need, a more solid consistent driver, but hey, great team player and the team likes him, so he with us 2018 so we just got to get on with it and see how next year goes.
    Unfortunately FM won just a race, but he did not won WDC! Ferrari last WDC is KR. Today is sadly 10 years since that....

With the altitude the engines don't make much of a diffrence in Mexico Redbull were losing to much time in sector 3 this weekend Hamilton passed Verstappen easily on the straights

Yeah think they were worried for reliability.

Congratulations Ferrari! Great team effort. Nicely done Seb and Kimi.

A win for the team and for all of us too! Another one in Abu Dhabi should help to close the year on a positive note to promote
    good feeling at the factory for next year's campaign.

Makes sense with all the reliability issues they were having.It looks like Renault are a threat as well the moment they sort out reliability.

Look on the brite side last 2 races different winners lewis will be very dissapointed with his results a guy ds A+ all the time any less is a fail lets face it safety car allowed him up the order other wise p4 would have been a big ask so lewis is human after all he will go all out last race and so will we beat him again and mentality you beat him that is lewis hamiltons achillies heel .

The team really need to sign this guy for 2019!

The team really need to sign this guy for 2019!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npT-LtRU28E
    yeah, 2019 will be very interesting as to WHO Ferrari will sign up.........no doubt Richiardo will be one of them being considered.
    unless ferrari will go for a young lad........someone like Leclerc
    i want to see Leclerc get his feet wet in a Sauber next year and if he proves to be really that good, then maybe he'll pair wiht Seb for a year or two before Seb retires
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

This thread needs to get back on track. Great driving today from both Vettel and Raikkonen. Nice to see a win pulled out in at least one of the final two races of the season. Fingers crossed for a Ferrari WDC and WCC in 2018.

Vettel/Leclerc 2019! This team needs a veteran champion and a young prodigy pairing.

Disappointed Since 2010

Any news about Lewis having the new engine spec on race day? Seems like it is part of the development they will carry on to 2018.

@Paddock talk : Ferrari new spec engine is heavy on oil consumption. So they are not running at full power since turbo issue for vet.

Quote Originally Posted by theodorus8864 View Post
    Any news about Lewis having the new engine spec on race day? Seems like it is part of the development they will carry on to 2018.
    It's a new spec bodied with new parts (MGU-H, TC, ICE, bardge boards etc) MGU-K (previously used).
    From Ted kravtiz : mercs engine did run at full power in the hands of Hamilton. They were able to give ham more power when he was chasing Kimi.

Maurizio Arrivabene: “Already yesterday, in qualifying, it was clear that the SF70H was quick and well prepared. Today, we got the confirmation that we have a very good car at our disposal. The result of this race is also down to the great job carried out by the team, both here at the track and back in Maranello, not forgetting the drivers who, on the day, know how to step up to the mark. Now we look ahead to the next challenge in Abu Dhabi, still determined to give it our all, right to the very end.”

Sebastian Vettel: “I think this was one of the most difficult races of the season, there was no time for mistakes. My start was not perfect, but enough to beat Bottas off the line. Then, Valtteri was always very close and we had the same pace, but I pushed very hard and managed to pull a gap. This win is very important for me and for the team. After such a long time it’s been great to achieve it. I’m happy for the whole team, because it has been through a tough couple of weeks, with long nights, hard work and a big support from the factory. I dedicate this win to all of them, to the guys here and to those who’ve been working in Maranello. It’s been very hard for us, but today is a great day and I want to thank my team and our tifosi. Hopefully we’ll have a good race in Abu Dhabi!”

Kimi Raikkonen: “My start was pretty average, I had some wheelspin and I was happy I did not lose any places. The first fifteen laps were a bit tricky with tires, but after the pit stop I was happy with my car. I expected that improvement, because I knew that with the soft tires I would be really strong. It was easy to keep up with the guys in front and at the same time look after my tires. At some point I tried to push and I got closer; I felt I had a lot of speed but today in these conditions there was no way to pass. It was a bit frustrating, but when Hamilton was behind me I could see him closing up, but I had a good car and I was pretty confident that if I was not making any stupid mistake I could keep him behind. I held him quite easily, he never really had a good chance to get me. Obviously we could have finished one place up, but it’s a great result for the team. The car has been pretty strong all weekend. We have been strong almost everywhere this year, obviously in a few races we had some difficulties, but as a team we can be proud. We are building ourselves for next year.”

Pirelli staff targeted by robbers in latest Brazil attack

Brazilian Grand Prix organisers are likely to face further questions about why security was such a failure at last weekend’s event – following another attack on Sunday night.

Less than 48 hours after Mercedes team members were subject to a terrifying armed robbery, and despite promises of a heightened police presence around the track, a car being driven by Pirelli tyre fitters was targeted by robbers.

It is understood that the criminals attempted to force the Pirelli car to stop so it could try to rob the people inside – but luckily the tyre company’s staff were able to escape.

Although nothing was stolen, and all the Pirelli crew were uninjured, the incident will prompt unease among F1 members because there had been promise of extra police around the Interlagos venue.

Over the Brazilian GP event, Mercedes, Williams, and Sauber team members were subject to attacks, while officials from the FIA were also approached by armed robbers before being able to escape.

“The most frustrating thing is that I’ve been in Formula 1 for 10 years and every single year that has happened to somebody in the paddock, and it continues to happen,” he said.

“It’s an issue I’m sure the government here are fighting, but I think maybe on this weekend, there are protocols that should be put in place to help, like for example when we go to Mexico, which weren’t there for these guys.

“So I hope that moving forwards, and I think moving forwards, there will be those. And I think it should be for the whole paddock. That’s partly F1’s responsibility, but generally the people at the top need to take action to keep everyone safe.

“It’s no good just the bosses having security and myself having security. People need to be looked after.”

Security for this week's planned Pirelli tyre test at Interlagos, which is to be conducted by McLaren, is now being discussed.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/p...attack-978030/

if this sort of thing keeps happening they should ditch the Brazilian GP.
    No sense in waiting until someone gets seriously hurt or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    It's a new spec bodied with new parts (MGU-H, TC, ICE, bardge boards etc) MGU-K (previously used).
    From Ted kravtiz : mercs engine did run at full power in the hands of Hamilton. They were able to give ham more power when he was chasing Kimi.
    Let's hope MB hasn't found a solution to oil burning clampdown with these new specs. And wishfully thinking Ferrari has it sorted out for next year's engine.

Quote Originally Posted by theodorus8864 View Post
    Let's hope MB hasn't found a solution to oil burning clampdown with these new specs. And wishfully thinking Ferrari has it sorted out for next year's engine.
    there was an article on F1AT reporting that ferrari was very much affected by the 0,9 limit because they used oil not only for performance but also to cool the pistons in the ultra lean combustion; with less oil available they have to use the fuel so their engine has big fuel consumption.

About Sassi, there are very reliable rumors that his project for 2018 failed badly and also the spec 4 (which should have been a preview of the 2018 engine) was also scrapped because of this and Sassi was sacked.

Pirelli staff targeted by robbers in latest Brazil attack

Brazilian Grand Prix organisers are likely to face further questions about why security was such a failure at last weekend’s event – following another attack on Sunday night.

Less than 48 hours after Mercedes team members were subject to a terrifying armed robbery, and despite promises of a heightened police presence around the track, a car being driven by Pirelli tyre fitters was targeted by robbers.

It is understood that the criminals attempted to force the Pirelli car to stop so it could try to rob the people inside – but luckily the tyre company’s staff were able to escape.

Although nothing was stolen, and all the Pirelli crew were uninjured, the incident will prompt unease among F1 members because there had been promise of extra police around the Interlagos venue.

Over the Brazilian GP event, Mercedes, Williams, and Sauber team members were subject to attacks, while officials from the FIA were also approached by armed robbers before being able to escape.

“The most frustrating thing is that I’ve been in Formula 1 for 10 years and every single year that has happened to somebody in the paddock, and it continues to happen,” he said.

“It’s an issue I’m sure the government here are fighting, but I think maybe on this weekend, there are protocols that should be put in place to help, like for example when we go to Mexico, which weren’t there for these guys.

“So I hope that moving forwards, and I think moving forwards, there will be those. And I think it should be for the whole paddock. That’s partly F1’s responsibility, but generally the people at the top need to take action to keep everyone safe.

“It’s no good just the bosses having security and myself having security. People need to be looked after.”

Security for this week's planned Pirelli tyre test at Interlagos, which is to be conducted by McLaren, is now being discussed.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/p...attack-978030/
    It's Brazil!!! Is this really such a surprise? They may as well have a race in Chicago. Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    It's Brazil!!! Is this really such a surprise? They may as well have a race in Chicago. Come on.
    I reckon a race in Chicago would be way safer than Brazil.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    definitely an engine issue I believe so I wonder if they'll be able to rectify it before the last race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    With the altitude the engines don't make much of a diffrence in Mexico Redbull were losing to much time in sector 3 this weekend Hamilton passed Verstappen easily on the straights
    Yeah think they were worried for reliability.
    Makes sense with all the reliability issues they were having.It looks like Renault are a threat as well the moment they sort out reliability.

And here's your ansswer. I suspected the same thing to Rob.

"Conservative" engine mode hurt Red Bull in Brazil https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...rmance-978130/ … via @motorsport

Pirelli Motorsport‏Verified account @pirellisport

Following a robbery attempt, neutralized by Pirelli security, on a Pirelli van at the Interlagos circuit last Sunday – after a weekend where similar episodes occurred with other teams –it has been decided to cancel the tyre test (1/2)

Pirelli Motorsport‏Verified account @pirellisport

planned on Tuesday 14 and Wednesday 15 on the Brazilian circuit with @McLarenF1. The decision, shared with McLaren, FIA and Formula 1, was made in the interest of the safety of the personnel, both McLaren’s and our own, who would have participated in the test. (2/2)

McLaren‏Verified account @McLarenF1

We have jointly decided with Pirelli to cancel this week’s tyre test at Interlagos. The safety of our people has always been our top priority, and, given recent events, we felt that it was an unnecessary risk to proceed.

Total overtakes: 52 of which 20 of them DRS (sigh)

Raikkonen put up a superb defense vs Hamilton, esp. great out of the last corner. Massa also held his composure vs Alonso, though was helped by a significant power advantage as well.

Couldn't really understand Verstappen's engineer's fussling - had a free stop & could get 3rd in case of an SC. Seemed like an 'I don't want to admit a 20-yr-old is right.'

TYRE STRATEGIES: Bottas' stop was VERY aggressively early - Pirelli suggested lap 26 that became lap 31 w/ SC & Bottas pitted on lap 27. No way Vettel could've pre-empted that w/ Mercedes having more info on the soft as well (thanks to Hamilton).

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOiEmpsX4AAQkz3.jpg

Reverse strategy (soft-supersoft) superior than plan A due to low fuel & more rubber-up late on decreasing extreme tyre wear on low working range supersoft compared to plan A runners. (Remember, track was near record hot.) Accentuated Hamilton's pace advantage.

Hamilton was only 0.1s per lap slower than Vettel on 23 laps older tyres in lap 30-41, suggesting he had better pace tyre-corrected. Vettel probably didn't back off w/ Bottas breathing down his neck. Bottas never really got close enough to attack Vettel, suggesting he was as quick as the German at best. Raikkonen slower than Vettel on supersofts, but quicker on softs, so equal pace overall. Great drive from Massa, holding off the clearly quicker Alonso & Perez.
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 13th November 2017 at 19:13.