Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Belgian Grand Prix - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying Thread

2022 Belgian Grand Prix - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying Thread

Hopefully this will not be the last time F1 visits SPA. Tracks like SPA must remain on the calendar.

Hopefully common sense will prevail, for once, and we will have a good race here. Titles are mathematically possible buy not in reality. In terms of race operation and strategy, Red Bull are miles ahead.

If they lose Spa then Monza then they'll lose me.

Monaco doesn't even need to pay...

Spa, Silverstone, Monza and Suzuka should always be in F1.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Ummmm........Redbull spent $2 million on a new chassis to be introduced at Spa. Redbull also says their car is 15kg overweight. If the new chassis sheds all or most of this weight..............[cough] [cough]

We'll wait and see.

The weather is constantly changing day by day due to the region so I cannot comment on what the weather is going to be like.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Ummmm........Redbull spent $2 million on a new chassis to be introduced at Spa. Redbull also says their car is 15kg overweight. If the new chassis sheds all or most of this weight..............[cough] [cough]

We'll wait and see.

The weather is constantly changing day by day due to the region so I cannot comment on what the weather is going to be like.

Let the second half of the F1 circus begin, may there be DNFs across the teams, may there be infighting, team mate clashes , on track carnage, teams arguing, FIA manipulation, and everything else that makes this sport so very controversial So bring it on and may the best team and driver win survival of the fittest.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    OK, so Leclerc will start at the back of the grid.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    OK, so Leclerc will start at the back of the grid.
    This is the perfect track to have NEW of everything, as we all know how “reliable” our engines are ( they only last 3, maybe 4 races maximum if lucky) and is better to have another new power unit in the pool....our chances to win any championship this year are slim to NONE...so may as well win some more races at least.

Max has too big of an advantage and they seem to NOT have reliability problems or strategy blunders

Anyway it will be interesting how well Charles will make it through the pack....and with some luck maybe even end up on the podium...

Forza Ferrari

My favorite track. Hope to see Ferrari do well even if Charles has to start from the back.

Both championships are lost due to impotent leadership so might as well throw a new engine in there and see what the car and Charles can do.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    My favorite track. Hope to see Ferrari do well even if Charles has to start from the back.

Both championships are lost due to impotent leadership so might as well throw a new engine in there and see what the car and Charles can do.
    exactly my feeling on this....
    and it is my favorite track as well...hopefully the money greedy Liberty media comes to their senses and renews the contract for this amazing track...

tracks like Monza, Silverstone, Suzuka, Spa should always be on the calendar...

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    and it is my favorite track as well...hopefully the money greedy Liberty media comes to their senses and renews the contract for this amazing track...

I would trade those four tracks for nearly every other one on the calendar. I would be entirely satisfied if each track hosted 5 races each of it means I don’t have to fall asleep to Monaco, Baku, and all the other boring Street tracks.

I would trade those four tracks for nearly every other one on the calendar. I would be entirely satisfied if each track hosted 5 races each of it means I don’t have to fall asleep to Monaco, Baku, and all the other boring Street tracks.
    Exactly!!!

Grid penalties for max and Charles both could be starting from the back of the grid.Mercedes potential for 1st win but I doubt it.If its the case as reported it will be a spectle to watch Max and Charles work there way through the field.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Grid penalties for max and Charles both could be starting from the back of the grid.Mercedes potential for 1st win but I doubt it.If its the case as reported it will be a spectle to watch Max and Charles work there way through the field.
    I would watch that race

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

As things start Charles does not start from end of the grid, but till the start of the race they might change more components. At any race I doubt that merc will finish first.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Yep. Rumors are circulating that Audi will buy 75% of Alfa Romeo.

I hope this track makes it to the F1 calendar for decades....such an iconic track. It's all about big money.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

I'd add Sepang to this list as well, highly underrated circuit

If Charles and Max have to start from the back, I hope Carlos can get another win and continue a possible windless season for the Affirmative Action Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    I'd add Sepang to this list as well, highly underrated circuit
    I agree. It is a good track.

If Charles and Max have to start from the back, I hope Carlos can get another win and continue a possible windless season for the Affirmative Action Champion.

I agree. It is a good track.
    I’m with you in this, hopefully will be Carlos that gets the win and not Hamster...I want Merc to suffer and NOT win any races this year....especially Hamster

I’m with you in this, hopefully will be Carlos that gets the win and not Hamster...I want Merc to suffer and NOT win any races this year....especially Hamster
    If those cheaters are going to be handed a win, I'd like it to be George just to twist the knife a little more.

Sky confirmed Charles starting from the back along with Max and a bunch of other people who don't matter.

Since other drivers will get penalty as well, they (Lec & Max) might start up to P15
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Lec looks off pace till now...and RB in hands of VES is superfast.

1+ sec from Max and 7 tenths from Sainz , Lec is a bit slow
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Does the new TD made RB so muc faster ??? Or are we running so low in settings ??
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!